- Oracle Database 11g Release 2 (R2) and Oracle Fusion Middleware 11g Release 1 (R1) are immediately available on Oracle Linux 6 with the Unbreakable Enterprise Kernel.
- Oracle Database 11g R2 and Oracle Fusion Middleware 11g R1 will be available on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 (RHEL6) and Oracle Linux 6 with the Red Hat Compatible Kernel in 90 days.
- Oracle offers direct Linux support to customers running RHEL6, Oracle Linux 6, or a combination of both.
- Oracle Linux will continue to maintain compatibility with Red Hat Linux.
- Effective immediately, Oracle will provide its Red Hat compatible Linux binaries, updates and errata for free http://public-yum.oracle.com. Terms, conditions and restrictions apply.
The Unbreakable Enterprise Kernel
- The Unbreakable Enterprise Kernel is Oracle's fast, modern, reliable Linux kernel that is optimized for Oracle software and hardware.
- Oracle Linux 6 with the Unbreakable Enterprise Kernel is optimized for running Oracle products.
- "The Oracle Database and Oracle Fusion Middleware product availability we are announcing today is the result of stringent certification testing on Oracle Linux 6 with the Unbreakable Enterprise Kernel," said Wim Coekaerts, senior vice president of Linux and Virtualization Engineering, Oracle. "We look forward to completing certification testing with Oracle Linux 6 with the Red Hat Compatible Kernel."
- Oracle and Linux
- Oracle Linux Customers
- Wim Coekaerts Blog
- Oracle Linux Online Forum, March 27th
- New Innovations in Oracle Linux Webcast
- Visit Oracle Linux on Blog, Facebook, Twitter and YouTube
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.