DENVER, CO--(Marketwired - Apr 9, 2013) - Oracle (
Business critical applications and workflows such as financial close, cost management, projections and planning often take hours or days to execute. Oracle's new In-Memory Applications change business dynamics to quickly discover growth opportunities, make smarter decisions, reduce corporate costs and accelerates time consuming workloads. With runtime no longer an issue, executives can now generate complex data crunching analysis in near real-time to make sound decisions and solve critical business problems. In addition, all Oracle Applications deliver extreme performance on Oracle Engineered Systems.
Oracle In-Memory Applications
- Today, Oracle announces new Oracle In-Memory Applications for Oracle Engineered Systems leveraging DRAM, flash memories and the near zero latency InfiniBand network fabric to run 10-20 times faster than commodity hardware by transforming batch processing to real-time and shortening response time with improved UI rendering.
- New Oracle In-Memory Applications include:
- Oracle E-Business Suite In-Memory Cost Management
- PeopleSoft In-Memory Project Discovery
- PeopleSoft In-Memory Labor Rules and Monitoring
- PeopleSoft In-Memory Financial Allocations Analyzer
- PeopleSoft In-Memory Financial Position Analyzer
- JD Edwards EnterpriseOne In-Memory Sales Advisor
- JD Edwards EnterpriseOne In-Memory Project Portfolio Management
- Oracle SCM In-Memory Consumption Driven Planning
- Oracle SCM In-Memory Performance Driven Planning
- Oracle SCM In-Memory Logistics Command Center
- Siebel CRM In-Memory Policy Analytics
- Siebel CRM In-Memory Next Best Action
- Hyperion EPM In-Memory Virtual Close
- Existing Oracle Applications run as much as 16X faster on Oracle Engineered Systems and deliver tangible business benefits for customers by providing extreme performance, energy efficiency, lower total cost of ownership, reliability and scalability.
- By deploying Oracle Applications on Oracle Engineered Systems, customers can experience break through process performance improvement while running larger data sets in a fraction of the time. Business benefits can accrue across all phases of a customer's end-to-end processes, providing needed time for critical decision making with broader and deeper business insight creating faster and more accurate value chain responsiveness.
- Specific examples of significant performance improvements across batch processing, user experience response times, and throughput that are a direct result of running Oracle Applications on Oracle Engineered Systems vs. commodity hardware include:
- Oracle Fusion Applications
- User experience response time improvements of up to 1.5X across all Oracle Fusion Applications.
- Oracle Fusion Accounting Hub journal entry throughput is 5X higher.
- Oracle Fusion Global Payroll Gross to Net process throughput is 2.25X higher.
- Oracle Fusion Global Payroll Prepayments process throughput is 1.95X higher.
- Oracle E-Business Suite
- Order-to- cash application flows run 3X faster.
- Self service HRMS and Procurement flows run 8X faster.
- HCM Self Service and Edit and Post batch processing run 2 to 5X faster
- Period Close batch processing runtime improved by 2X.
- JD Edwards EnterpriseOne
- Order-to-cash processes' interactive response time is 5 to 8X faster.
- Financial Close runs 5 to 8X faster.
- Job (Project) Status Inquiry runs 4X faster.
- Materials Requirements Planning runs 5 to 8X faster.
- Oracle Supply Chain
- Oracle Value Chain Planning
- Existing benchmarks show up to 70% reduction in collections, release, and plan run times.
- User interface response times with 10-16x improvement.
- Oracle Transportation Management
- Messaging and Workflow processes run 9X faster.
- Transportation Bulk Plan process runtime is 5X faster.
- Shipment Persistence process runtime is 8X faster.
- Oracle Value Chain Planning
- Siebel CRM
- Universal Customer Master throughput time 7 to 11X higher.
- Universal Customer Master user experience response time 7 to 10X faster.
- "Oracle continues to demonstrate its commitment to innovation that produces business results and value for Oracle Applications running on Oracle Engineered Systems," said Steve Miranda, Oracle Executive Vice President of Application Development. "The release of Oracle In-Memory Applications will help organizations not only complete load runs faster, but also discover new insights for efficiencies that would have been previously overlooked."
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
- Technology & Electronics
- Oracle Applications