REDWOOD SHORES, CA--(Marketwire -06/13/12)- Oracle (ORCL)
- Further demonstrating its success helping manufacturers improve their businesses through innovative IT, Oracle today announced that 24 of its customers have been awarded Manufacturing Leadership 100 (ML100) Awards for transformational projects enabled by Oracle applications and technology.
- Oracle has also been recognized by the ML100 Awards for its transformation of Oracle's Sun global value chain through Oracle applications, which transformed its business to a "make-to-order" model in under 12 months, improving profitability, flexibility, predictability and quality.
- Oracle was the High Achiever winner in the Global Value Chain category in addition to being an overall ML100 winner. Oracle's Sun Supply Chain Transformation project involves transitioning from a variety of in-house, assembly and distribution points to a consolidated, streamlined outsource, build-to-order supply chain initiative
- U.S. Air Force Logistical Operations was the High Achiever winner in the Information Leadership category in addition to being an overall ML100 winner. The Expeditionary Combat Support System (ECSS) is transforming the U.S. Air Force Logistical Operations with new business applications
- Further emphasizing the critical role Oracle solutions play in building and operating value chains, Oracle applications and technologies were leveraged by 25 of the top 100 honorees to support business innovation.
- The eighth annual ML100 Awards, selected by Manufacturing Enterprise Communications, a Thomas Publishing Company LLC business, honor 100 manufacturing companies and individual manufacturing leaders that are shaping the future of global manufacturing through business transformation, innovation and through the use of information technology.
- With the most complete suite of supply chain applications, Oracle supply chain management is comprised of: value chain planning, value chain execution, product lifecycle management, advanced procurement, asset lifecycle management, order orchestration and fulfillment, and manufacturing. Oracle customers can adopt the entire suite or individual applications, allowing organizations to create a self-funding path to value chain transformation as the financial success of initial implementations feeds future initiatives.
- "Technology is a critical tool in the global manufacturing industry and the ML 100 Awards honor the most creative, innovative ways manufacturers use IT to strategically change their businesses," said David R. Brousell, Vice President & Editorial Director, Manufacturing Enterprise Communications. "Yet again, Oracle proves its expertise in helping businesses unlock efficiencies and innovations through technology, with 25 of our winners, including Oracle itself, transforming their global value chains with Oracle applications and technology."
- "The success our customers continue to have in these prestigious awards is a testament to Oracle's commitment to simplifying IT and powering innovation for manufacturers," said Maha Muzumdar, vice president of supply chain applications marketing, Oracle. "Alongside our customer success stories, we are thrilled Manufacturing Enterprise Communications has recognized the internal transformation of Oracle's Sun supply chain, as like with our customers, it demonstrates the significant value of modernizing and improving global value chains."
- "Factories need a centralized, single source of truth upon which to effectively manage their performance. With tight product margins and competition looming, a small change can have lasting consequences. Elkay selected Oracle applications to help make better business decisions in running our plants and driving quality improvement initiatives. This success is manifested by receiving the ML100 award," said Leslie Clark, vice president of manufacturing and engineering, Elkay Manufacturing.
- "Industrial manufacturers need to leverage technology to drive better supply chain decisions," said Wade Lewis, CIO, Georg Fischer Central Plastics. "Our division worked with Oracle to deliver the best applications available today to make those smarter decisions and to better run our factory. Georg Fisher Central Plastics is pleased to win this prestigious ML100 award which validates our decision to run Oracle Supply Chain applications in our business."
- Oracle Applications
- Oracle Supply Chain Management
- 2012 Manufacturing Leadership100 Award Winners
- U.S. Air Force Logistical Operations
- Elkay Manufacturing
- Georg Fischer Central Plastics
About Oracle Applications
Over 65,000 customers worldwide rely on Oracle's complete, open and integrated enterprise applications to achieve superior results. Oracle provides a secure path for customers to benefit from the latest technology advances that improve the customer software experience and drive better business performance. Oracle Applications Unlimited is Oracle's commitment to customer choice through continuous investment and innovation in current applications offerings. Oracle's next-generation Fusion Applications build upon that commitment, and are designed to work with and evolve Oracle's Applications Unlimited offerings. Oracle's lifetime support policy helps ensure customers will continue to have a choice in upgrade paths, based on their enterprise needs. For more information on the latest Oracle Applications releases go to: www.oracle.com/applications.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.