REDWOOD SHORES,CA--(Marketwired - Jun 27, 2013) - Oracle (
Oracle extends its lead in hardware and software engineered together with the new Oracle SuperCluster T5-8, Oracle's fastest engineered system. Based on the world's fastest database server, ultra-fast database storage, and the world's fastest microprocessor, it delivers extreme performance and 10x better price performance than a comparable IBM Power7+-based solution(1).
- Oracle today announced the Oracle SuperCluster T5-8 engineered system.
- Oracle SuperCluster T5-8 delivers extreme performance by co-engineering SPARC T5-8 servers and Oracle Exadata Storage Server hardware with Oracle database, middleware and systems software to provide:
- Up to 10x faster database and application performance than a build-your-own IT approach.
- 2.5x better performance than the previous generation SuperCluster.
- Versus a build-your-own IT approach, Oracle SuperCluster T5-8 helps increase data center efficiency through:
- 5x lower TCO by running Oracle Database and enterprise applications together on a single system
- 5x faster time to value
- 32x faster deployment of database cloud services.
- Oracle will host a Webcast today at 10 a.m. PT to discuss SuperCluster T5-8 in more detail.
- Engineered with no single point of failure, SuperCluster T5-8 enables the high availability needed for enterprise-critical databases and applications.
- Oracle SuperCluster T5-8, with built-in zero-overhead virtualization and security, combined with database and infrastructure-as-a-service capabilities, is ideal for consolidation and enterprise private cloud deployments.
- Industry-leading state-of-the-art design integrates over 16 TB of high-performance flash storage along with hundreds of compute cores of the world's fastest microprocessor and hundreds of terabytes of accelerated database storage(2). The system is tightly coupled with an extreme low-latency fabric and delivered, managed and optimized for unprecedented database and application performance.
- Oracle accelerates application and database cloud service deployments on SuperCluster with Oracle Optimized Solutions for the Oracle E-Business Suite, Oracle PeopleSoft Human Capital Management, Enterprise Database Cloud, Oracle WebCenter Content and SAP.
- Engineered, tested and integrated together, Oracle SuperCluster T5-8 provides best of breed technology at every level, and enables customers to avoid the risks associated with build-it-yourself systems.
- New features in Oracle Solaris 11 provide unique capabilities for Oracle Database Administrators and Java Application Architects. Co-engineered with Oracle software and hardware, Oracle Solaris delivers the highest service levels through self healing capabilities and helps meet demanding compliance requirements for enterprise cloud deployments.
- Oracle VM Server for SPARC enables provisioning of databases and applications across a range of performance, capacity and availability attributes to cost effectively manage SLAs. Combining the provisioning capabilities of Oracle Solaris 11 with Oracle Enterprise Manager Ops Center makes it possible to rapidly configure, deploy, monitor and manage the most sophisticated and secure agile mission-critical service environments
- Oracle Enterprise Manager Ops Center 12c uses a holistic approach to manage Oracle SuperCluster and provides comprehensive lifecycle management from monitoring to management and ongoing maintenance for the entire system.
- Oracle's Sun ZFS Storage 7320 Appliances provide the high throughput, high performance to power Oracle Database and I/O-intensive enterprise applications, as well as maximum levels of efficiency to help reduce capacity and enable storage consolidation.
- "Oracle SuperCluster T5-8 runs Oracle Database and Oracle WebLogic up to 10x faster than systems pieced together by costly integration projects," said John Fowler, executive vice president, Systems, Oracle. "The benefits of this virtualized system extend to any application that uses Oracle Database and Oracle WebLogic today, without changes, making this the world's best enterprise mission critical consolidation platform. Oracle SuperCluster T5-8 can be applied with equal ease to problems of tremendous scale, or to transformative consolidation with impressive economics."
- Oracle SuperCluster T5-8
- Oracle Engineered Systems
- Oracle's SPARC T5 Servers
- Oracle's SPARC Benchmarks
- Oracle Exadata
- Oracle Solaris
- Oracle Optimized Solutions
- Oracle Hardware on Facebook, Twitter
- Connect with Oracle Solaris via Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (
About Oracle SuperCluster
Oracle SuperCluster is Oracle's fastest engineered system. Oracle SuperCluster combines Oracle's SPARC T5-8 servers running Oracle Solaris 11 with the database optimization of Oracle Exadata Database Machines, the accelerated processing of Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud Software, the high throughput and availability of Oracle's Sun ZFS Storage Appliance, and unified systems management of Oracle Enterprise Manager Ops Center 12c. It is pre-tested and optimized to run Oracle Database, Java and enterprise applications unchanged while accelerating database and Java performance by up to 10x compared to a build-it-yourself configuration. Part of Oracle's Engineered Systems family, Oracle SuperCluster demonstrates Oracle's unique ability to innovate and optimize at every layer of technology to simplify data center operations, drive down costs, and accelerate business innovation.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
(1) Comparison of IBM Power 780 16 chips, 128 cores, 3.72 GHz Power 7+ 2 TB memory system, DS8870 28.8TB HDD and 6.4TB Flash storage, V7000 60TB HDD and 4TB Flash storage (Total List $6.1M) to comparably performing Oracle SuperCluster T5-8 half rack high performance storage configuration 8 chips, 128 cores, 3.6 GHz SPARC T5, 88.8 TB HDD storage, 10.6 TB Flash storage. ($595K). 10x price/performance advantage
(2) Oracle SuperCluster T5-8 full rack configuration.
- Information Technology
- Technology & Electronics
- Oracle database
- Oracle Solaris