REDWOOD SHORES, CA--(Marketwire - Sep 24, 2012) - Oracle (
- Oracle today released Oracle Application Development Framework (ADF) Essentials.
- Oracle ADF Essentials enables the global developer community to leverage the core capabilities of Oracle Application Development Framework free of cost.
- Oracle ADF Essentials is standards-based and deploys on GlassFish Server Open Source Edition, giving developers the ability to adopt and extend Oracle ADF functionality to new environments.
- To simplify the developer experience and deliver rich functionality, Oracle JDeveloper provides visual and declarative development capabilities for Oracle ADF Essentials.
- Oracle Enterprise Pack for Eclipse is intended to support Oracle ADF Essentials in a future release.
Free Version Increases Access to Easy Application Development
- As the strategic framework used to build many Oracle Applications including Oracle Fusion Applications, Oracle ADF is an end-to-end Java Platform, Enterprise Edition (Java EE) framework that simplifies application development by providing out-of-the-box infrastructure services and a visual and declarative development experience.
- Available for download through Oracle Technology Network (OTN), Oracle ADF Essentials provides a simpler no cost way to develop enterprise applications with core capabilities, including:
- Oracle ADF Faces: A set of more than 150 advanced, Web User Interface (UI) components based on JavaServer Faces (JSF) that simplify the creation of rich Web UIs, including interactive data visualization.
- Oracle ADF Controller: An extension of the JSF controller layer that helps build complete reusable process flows and provides the ability to create dynamic regions with changing content in Web pages.
- Oracle ADF Binding: Provides a simplified approach to connecting user interfaces to various business services through an XML-based, meta-data abstraction layer.
- Oracle ADF Business Components: Simplifies developing business services against relational databases by providing declaratively-configured, reusable components that implement common design patterns. Oracle ADF Essentials includes the core features of Oracle ADF, but does not include the following enterprise capabilities that are built into the full Oracle ADF: declarative customization, granular security layer, integration with Oracle SOA Suite and Oracle ADF Mobile.
- "Oracle ADF is already proven as the strategic framework used to build Oracle Fusion Applications," said Chris Tonas, vice president Application Development Tools, Oracle. "With Oracle ADF Essentials we've combined key tooling from Oracle ADF, Oracle JDeveloper and Oracle Enterprise Pack for Eclipse in a free offering that should be a great way for many of our customers and partners to jump start their development efforts."
- "At Innowave Technology we have been leveraging Oracle ADF to accelerate project turn-around time at multiple customer engagements," said Basheer Khan, CEO of Innowave Technology. "Oracle ADF gives us an integrated development framework with cutting edge functionality and great tooling that simplifies our development process. Having an Oracle ADF version that can be used without licensing costs and with the ability to run on open-source servers such as GlassFish Server Open Source Edition will enable us to leverage Oracle ADF in more scenarios and with new customers."
- Download Oracle ADF Essentials from OTN. Terms, conditions and restrictions apply.
- Oracle Application Development Framework (ADF)
- View an Oracle ADF Essentials Overview and Demo here
- Follow Oracle ADF & JDeveloper on Twitter and Facebook
- Oracle ADF Data Sheet
- Oracle Fusion Middleware
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (
About Oracle OpenWorld
Oracle OpenWorld San Francisco is the most important educational and networking event of the year for Oracle technologists, customers, and partners. This information technology event is dedicated to helping businesses optimize existing systems and understand upcoming technology breakthroughs. The conference, which draws more than 50,000 attendees from over 110 countries, offers more than 2,100 educational sessions, 400 product demos, exhibitions from 450 partners showcasing applications, middleware, database, server and storage systems, industries, management and infrastructure -- all engineered for innovation. Oracle OpenWorld 2012 is being held September 30-October 4 at The Moscone Center in San Francisco. For more information or to register, please visit www.oracle.com/openworld. Watch Oracle OpenWorld keynotes, sessions and more live on YouTube. Join the Oracle OpenWorld discussion on Twitter, Facebook and the Oracle OpenWorld Blog.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.