REDWOOD SHORES, CA--(Marketwire -07/24/12)- Oracle (ORCL)
- Helping to further optimize the Java development experience, Oracle today announced NetBeans Integrated Development Environment (IDE) 7.2.
- NetBeans IDE is a free, open source IDE available for Windows, Mac, Oracle Solaris, Oracle Linux, and other Linux distributions, that enables developers to rapidly create web, enterprise, desktop and mobile applications for the Java platform, PHP and C/C++.
- Highlights of NetBeans IDE 7.2 include:
- Enhanced Developer Productivity: Native integration with FindBugs™, a popular, open source Java-based static analysis tool, provides code hints in the editor, offering immediate feedback, and code inspections that can be run across projects, thereby helping to lower costs by preventing bugs early in the development lifecycle. Coupled with other editor enhancements such as a bookmark manager; code completion in the search bar; JPA code completion and more hints and refactorings, these capabilities help improve developer productivity.
- Improved Performance: Smarter project scanning enables the IDE to start more smoothly and noticeably faster; new background scanning allows features such as Java editing to work immediately; and UI responsiveness is not blocked by I/O operations, helping to improve performance by up to 60 percent, depending on project settings, with 10 percent improvement in average startup times.
- Expanded Support: Interoperability with the early access release of JavaFX Scene Builder allows for opening and visual editing of FXML files with Java FX Scene Builder. NetBeans IDE 7.2 also includes FXML and CSS3 enhancements. Support for: PHP 5.4; PHP editor enhancements; PHP annotations and Symfony 2; C++11 standard and debugging improvements; Maven 3.0.4; and Groovy 1.8.6. TestNG can be selected as an alternative to the JUnit framework when creating tests. In addition, wizards for creation of TestNG based test cases and test suites are now available.
- "NetBeans IDE 7.2's enhanced performance and responsiveness continues to improve the Java developer experience," said Ted Farrell, chief architect and senior vice president, Tools and Middleware, Oracle. "The new capabilities, which resulted from collaboration with users, can help developers write code quickly and efficiently for their web, enterprise, desktop and mobile applications."
- "At Prime Teknoloji we initially started using NetBeans IDE for the first-class Maven support. Along the way, we also discovered many other great features such as Java EE support, high quality code editors, version control tools and the intuitive UI. Now we are using NetBeans IDE for all applications we develop including PrimeFaces and, as a result, enjoy maximum productivity. We are especially looking forward to the performance enhancements in release 7.2 and are glad to see that our favorite IDE continues to improve and make our job easier," said Cagatay Civici, PrimeFaces Lead, Prime Teknoloji.
- "NetBeans IDE and Java EE 6 are indispensable to us. We've been using NetBeans IDE for 10 years or more and recently migrated to Java EE 6. Our business processes are complex, that's why we are thrilled by the simplicity offered by NetBeans IDE and Java EE 6. We're looking forward to the performance enhancements in NetBeans IDE 7.2, especially those related to background scanning, that have shown can make a difference to us," said George Sotiros, vice president of Information Systems, Weyco Group, Inc.
- NetBeans IDE
- NetBeans IDE 7.2 is available for download here. Terms, conditions and restrictions apply.
- NetBeans Performance
- NetBeans Documentation and Resources
- NetBeans Community Portal
- Oracle Development Tools
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.