DENVER, CO--(Marketwired - Apr 8, 2013) - COLLABORATE 13 -- Oracle (
- Oracle today announced a new release of Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management that enhances and extends one of the industry's most powerful and easy to use solutions for prioritizing, planning, managing and executing projects, programs and portfolios.
- Powerful new capabilities within Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management 8.3 (EPPM) enable organizations to increase PPM process rigor and standardization, while also increasing flexibility and control through improved reporting, user experience and application integrations.
- New Primavera P6 Team Member capabilities enhance adoptability, increase efficiency and improve decision making and accountability by supporting enterprise wide visibility and collaboration.
- A series of new visualizer features delivers more actionable insight by improving the presentation of complex project data through robust graphical reporting capabilities. The new release helps organizations align schedule, budgets and costs to help ensure the financial integrity of projects through improved integration with Oracle's Primavera Unifier application.
Customers Can Drive Down Costs, Minimize Risk and Deliver Results to Key Project Stakeholders
- Improve detailed client communications through enhanced functionality for both Gantt charts and time-scaled logic diagrams.
- Reduce project risk through new work distribution filters for project participants, which increase the flexibility and help ensure project managers and senior management have the information they need to quickly identify problems impacting schedules and take corrective action.
- Ensure project team cohesion as work is progressed by accurately capturing discussion threads between team members and project managers.
- Leverage new mobile capabilities to increase productivity across the extended project team and ensure project participants have the timely authorization required to execute their work.
- Streamline processes by updating critical information captured in work order management and asset management systems from within the Primavera P6 Team Member interfaces.
- Enhance usability and flexibility by customizing column names within layouts to align with corporate standards, utilizing new import/export options to support more effective contractor/sub-contractor/supplier collaboration, and printing enhancements to satisfy different reporting needs.
- Integrate Primavera P6 EPPM and Oracle's Primavera Unifier project execution by linking projects, assigning Oracle's Primavera Unifier cost codes directly to Primavera P6 EPPM tasks, and automating data synchronization.
- "To drive down costs, minimize risk and deliver results to key stakeholders, enterprise project management systems need to offer users a combination of flexibility and control," said Yasser Mahmud, vice president of product strategy & industry marketing, Oracle's Primavera Global Business Unit. "The latest release of Oracle's Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management is designed to meet this need through a combination of enhanced analytics & reporting, new mobile capabilities and improved usability. The powerful enhancements will help our customers optimize the performance of projects, programs and portfolios by improving team productivity, portfolio predictability and overall project management efficiency."
- Oracle Applications
- Oracle's Primavera Enterprise Project Portfolio Management
- Oracle's Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management
- Primavera P6 Team Member
- Register for Oracle's Primavera P6 R8.3 and Primavera Gateway R1.0 webcast
About Oracle Applications
Over 65,000 customers worldwide rely on Oracle's complete, open and integrated enterprise applications to achieve superior results. Oracle provides a secure path for customers to benefit from the latest technology advances that improve the customer software experience and drive better business performance. Oracle Applications Unlimited is Oracle's commitment to customer choice through continuous investment and innovation in current applications offerings. Oracle's next-generation Fusion Applications build upon that commitment, and are designed to work with and evolve Oracle's Applications Unlimited offerings. Oracle's lifetime support policy helps ensure customers will continue to have a choice in upgrade paths, based on their enterprise needs. For more information on the latest Oracle Applications releases go to www.oracle.com/applications.
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
- Technology & Electronics
- Oracle Applications