REDWOOD SHORES, CA--(Marketwired - Oct 23, 2013) - Oracle (
Oracle has licensed VMware vSphere® Storage APIs to enable customers to more easily manage Oracle storage from VMware environments. VMware users and service providers will be able to more easily take advantage of the higher levels of performance and efficiency available with Oracle's ZFS Storage Appliance and Pillar Axiom storage systems. Customers can also streamline their data centers by consolidating storage onto fewer, higher performance storage systems to support an ever growing number of virtualized servers.
- Oracle today announced it has signed an agreement with VMware enabling support of VMware vSphere Storage APIs on Oracle storage products, including Oracle's ZFS Storage Appliances and Pillar Axiom storage systems.
- The license enables development across VMware infrastructure, including the VMware vSphere API for Array Integration (VAAI), VMware vSphere API for Storage Awareness (VASA), VMware vCenter™ Site Recovery Manager™ (SRM), and VMware vSphere.
- Support for these APIs will help simplify VMware customer access to the higher levels of performance and efficiency available with ZFS Storage Appliance and Pillar Axiom storage systems.
- VMware users will be able to efficiently support thousands of virtual machines per storage appliance with snapshot and cloning technology that takes advantage of the industry's fastest and most efficient storage to radically reduce VMware costs.
- Today's announcement adds expanded support of VMware environments to Oracle storage systems' existing support of VMware vSphere 5.1, Oracle VM, Oracle Solaris Zones, and Microsoft Hyper-V.
- "By deepening the integration of VMware infrastructure with Oracle storage systems, we are bringing VMware customers a new level of performance and value," said Mike Workman, senior vice president, Storage Solutions, Oracle. "We believe that customers deploying both cloud environments and traditional server virtualization will be able to serve dramatically more virtual machines per storage server, simplify solution scaling, streamline management, and reduce costs."
- "With support for VMware vSphere® Storage APIs, Oracle's NAS and SAN storage solutions provide joint customers with enhanced performance and efficiency that naturally complement the benefits of VMware virtualization and cloud solutions," said John Gilmartin, vice president of Cloud Infrastructure Products, VMware.
- Oracle's ZFS Storage Appliances
- Oracle's Pillar Axiom Storage Systems
- Oracle Hardware on Facebook, Twitter
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
VMware, Site Recovery Manager, VMware vCenter and VMware vSphere are registered trademarks or trademarks of VMware, Inc. in the United States and other jurisdictions. The use of the word "partner" or "partnership" does not imply a legal partnership relationship between VMware and any other company.