REDWOOD SHORES, CA--(Marketwired - Nov 20, 2013) - Oracle (
Today, social media is the preferred global communication channel, especially among the younger generations. That is why the organising committee of the 2013 Winter Universiade in Trentino, the most important youth sporting event in the world, has decided to focus on social media to foster its relationship with the young athletes and audience that will take part in the various events scheduled from 11 to 21 December. To best manage its communication activities on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube, the organising committee of the 26th Winter Universiade has decided to rely on cloud applications provided by Oracle, the technical sponsor of the event.
- Oracle is the technical sponsor of the 2013 Winter Universiade in Trentino, the most important youth sporting event in the world. The 26th edition will take place from 11 to 21 December in some of the most beautiful locations in Trentino. In order to help handle all the communication activities on social media and on the Web in general, Oracle, the technical partner of the event, will support the organising committee with Oracle Social Cloud.
- Oracle Social offers a unified social media management platform providing essential listening, publishing, engagement, analytics and content creation capabilities through a single interface. The organizing committee can leverage the platform's industry-leading listening technology to monitor social network interactions surrounding the event, as well as initiate engaging social marketing tactics connected to the event.
- More than 3,600 young athletes and technicians from 61 nations are expected to participate in the 2013 Universiade in Trento, contending for 78 gold medals before a vast audience of sport enthusiasts. Given the wide array of young athletes and spectators using social media as their chosen source of information and method of communication, the organising committee of the 26th Winter Universiade has decided to focus on new methods of social communication. Facebook, Twitter and YouTube channels will serve as the main points of interaction for the event's athletes and audience.
- Oracle Social offers rich global functionality, including advanced multilanguage listening capabilities and a UI translated in 31 languages, making it an essential tool for global events such as the Winter Universiade.
- To best manage its communications on social media platforms, the organising committee has chosen to rely on the Trento digital agency Real Web, and has formed a technical collaboration with Oracle to gain access to a unified and comprehensive cloud platform for the complete management of its social initiatives.
- Social listening and analysis conducted with Oracle Social supplies data filtering capabilities for deeper, more precise listening and for turning insights into action. Additionally, it allows for the simple, coordinated and consistent development and publication of content on the various channels. The application also allows for the management of engaging contests that call on Web users to vote on the best content posted by the athletes.
- "Social media is profoundly modifying the way people live and the way each of us participates in live events, whether it's for sport, for show, or even for business. The organising committee of the 2013 Winter Universiade in Trentino is well aware of this phenomenon, which is why it has positioned social media at the centre of its communication system," said Giovanni Ravasio, Applications Country Leader of Oracle Italia. "We at Oracle are glad to support such an important sporting event with our cloud applications for social media management. Effective social media management will undoubtedly enrich the entire event and make it a more engaging experience for athletes and enthusiasts alike."
- 2013 Winter Universiade Trentino
- 2013 Winter Universiade Trentino on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube
- Real Web
- Oracle Social Cloud
- Oracle Social Engagement & Monitoring Cloud Service
- Oracle Social Marketing Cloud Service
- Read the Oracle Applications Italian blog
- Join the Italian group focused on Oracle Applications on LinkedIn
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle Corporation and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.