REDWOOD SHORES, CA--(Marketwired - Apr 3, 2013) - Oracle (
- Oracle today highlighted the advantages of Oracle's Sun ZFS Storage Appliances for Oracle's new SPARC T5 and M5 servers running Oracle Solaris.
- Oracle's new SPARC T5 midrange servers are based on the SPARC T5, the world's fastest microprocessor.
- Engineered together, Sun ZFS Storage Appliances complement Oracle's new SPARC T5 and M5 servers with the high throughput, high performance storage required by Oracle Database and other heavy I/O enterprise applications.
- With Sun ZFS Storage Appliances, SPARC T5 and M5 server customers can:
- Service thousands of I/O requests in parallel with up to 80 CPU cores, 5x more than the NetApp FAS 3250.
- Accelerate data transfer through the system and to clients with up to 200 GB/s memory bandwidth, 9x the NetApp FAS 3250.
- Speed data delivery and lower latency for databases and applications with 40Gb/s InfiniBand client networking, 4x more than NetApp
- Access Big Data faster with up to 2 TB of memory, 50x more than the NetApp FAS 3250.
- Accelerate I/Os with 14.5 TB of total Flash cache, 7x greater than NetApp FAS 3250.
- Achieve high levels of business continuance and application availability with automated multi-site clustering, available only through the combination of the Sun ZFS Storage Appliance, SPARC servers running Oracle Solaris, and Oracle Solaris Cluster.
- Leverage the operational and business benefits of a single point of contact for service and support of their complete solution.
Deep Integration with Oracle Database
- Oracle's Sun ZFS Storage Appliances provide deep integration with Oracle Database, help reduce overall storage footprint and accelerate access to data sets processed on SPARC T5 and M5 servers with Oracle Solaris.
- Oracle's Sun ZFS Storage Appliance, SPARC T5 servers and Oracle Solaris also form the foundation for Oracle Optimized Solutions, including the Oracle Optimized Solution for Oracle Database which enables customers to clone production database systems up to 50x faster than traditional manual methods.
- Hybrid Columnar Compression shrinks the size of historical data in data warehouses and can reduce load time by 80 percent.
- Engineered for the Sun ZFS Storage Appliance, Oracle Snap Management Utility for Oracle Database allows Oracle Database administrators to directly manage snapshots, clones and restores on the Sun ZFS Storage Appliance.
- I/O Stack optimization with Oracle Database accelerates access to data by using Oracle Database Direct NFS (dNFS), InfiniBand Remote Direct Memory Access (RDMA), and Zero-Copy optimizations that enable the Oracle Database to write directly to optimized software in the Sun ZFS Storage Appliance.
- "Oracle's Sun ZFS Storage Appliances are engineered with Oracle SPARC T5 and M5 servers and Oracle Database to deliver industry-leading performance for business-critical enterprise applications. No other storage system has this degree of integration with Oracle hardware and software," said Phil Bullinger, senior vice president, Storage, Oracle. "The performance and flexibility of these systems enable customers to deploy a single operational environment that easily supports everything from business analytics to customer order processing and customer relationship management, so their data center can adapt to dynamic workloads."
- Oracle's Sun ZFS Storage Appliances
- Oracle's SPARC T5 and M5 Servers
- Oracle Database
- White Paper: Oracle Snap Management Utility for Oracle Database
- White Paper: The Best Network Attached Storage Choice for Oracle Database and Software Environments
- Oracle Solaris
- Oracle Hardware on Facebook, Twitter
- Connect with Oracle Solaris via Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
- Technology & Electronics
- Oracle Database
- Oracle Solaris