SAN ANTONIO, TX--(Marketwired - Jan 28, 2014) - DistribuTECH -- Oracle (
Today, utilities require solutions to help them leverage and gain visibility into the vast amount of data they have, including that from smart meter and smart grid deployments. To help meet those needs, Oracle announced the availability of Oracle Utilities Analytics 2.5, which introduces new pre-built analytical and operational dashboards to enable utilities to more effectively respond to storms, improve smart grid device management and provide more efficient customer operations.
- Oracle today announced the availability of Oracle Utilities Analytics 2.5, with enhanced pre-built dashboards that help utilities improve response times and communication during storms, and efficiently manage smart grid devices to help ensure return on investment.
- Oracle Utilities Analytics 2.5 includes:
- Major event management analytical dashboards designed to improve response times and customer communication accuracy during significant storms. The solution enables utilities to monitor different outage types, such as a primary circuit wire-down or flooded underground (UG) vault, across regions and identify areas with the most critical customers to better prioritize response teams. Utilities can also track outages across service areas by crew status and have near real-time IEEE reliability indices to make better decisions and more effectively communicate externally.
- Operational Device Management analytical dashboards to track smart grid devices (such as smart meters or switch controllers) and better manage these assets to help maximize return on investment. With the Oracle solution in place, utilities can monitor the status of device warranties, firmware updates, asset inventory requirements as well as the number of meters that are failing acceptance testing.
- Billing operations and credit and collections dashboards that enable utilities to better manage billing exceptions, pay plans, payment arrangements and collection template effectiveness to improve billing timeliness and accuracy, collection rates and reduce overall bad debt.
- Oracle Utilities Analytics 2.5 introduces new industry standard data integration architecture for extract, transform and load (ETL) processes, designed to improve ETL performance, better data lineage and support greater flexibility in data mapping and process configuration and management.
- "Turning raw data into actionable intelligence requires new tools, new processes and a shift in utilities' traditional approach to customer service. Oracle Utilities Analytics 2.5 provides utilities with pre-built analytics that enables them to gain immediate insights into the vast amount of data they bring in from smart meters and smart grid deployments -- to completely transform the customer experience, now and into the future," said Rodger Smith, senior vice president and general manager, Oracle Utilities.
- Oracle Utilities
- Oracle Utilities on Facebook
- Oracle Utilities on Twitter
- Oracle Utilities on LinkedIn
- Oracle Utilities YouTube Channel
- Oracle Utilities on Diigo
About Oracle Utilities
Oracle Utilities delivers proven software applications that help utilities of all types and sizes achieve competitive advantage, business performance excellence and a lower total cost of technology ownership. Oracle Utilities integrates industry-specific customer care and billing, network management, work and asset management, mobile workforce management and meter data management applications with the capabilities of Oracle's industry-leading enterprise applications, business intelligence tools, middleware, database technologies, as well as servers and storage. The software enables customers to adapt more nimbly to market deregulation, meet ever-evolving customer demands and deliver on environmental conservation commitments. Additionally, Oracle Utilities helps utilities prepare for smart metering and smart grid initiatives that enhance efficiency and provide critical intelligence metrics that can help drive more-informed energy and water usage decisions for consumers and businesses. For more information, visit www.oracle.com/goto/utilities.
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (
About Oracle in Industries
Oracle industry solutions leverage the company's best-in-class portfolio of products to address complex business processes relevant to utilities, helping speed time to market, reduce costs, and gain a competitive edge.
About Oracle Industry Connect
Oracle Industry Connect, taking place in Boston March 25-26, 2014, brings industry leaders together to share deep domain expertise, insights and industry-specific best practices. This leadership event features customer-led content including visionary keynotes, executive-level networking and in-depth case studies designed to help organizations meet industry-specific challenges. For more information, please visit www.oracleindustryconnect.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.