SAN ANTONIO, TX--(Marketwired - Jan 28, 2014) - DistribuTECH -- Oracle (
Oracle announced the availability of Oracle Utilities Network Management System 1.12, designed to help utilities achieve greater operational and process efficiencies in the control room and in the field. Leading utilities around the world are already upgrading to the latest release to start realizing these key benefits.
- Oracle today announced the availability of Oracle Utilities Network Management System 1.12, designed to help utilities reduce operational costs, gain process efficiencies and improve customer satisfaction.
- The latest version of Oracle Utilities Network Management System includes:
- Network Management Training Simulator: Enables utilities to construct a library of training scenarios that they can re-use and easily modify for variability. The new functionality equips control room users to operate the system and drive safety, security, reliability and efficiency.
- Conservation Voltage Reduction functionality: Allows utilities and their customers to reduce demand and conserve energy by automatically optimizing the delivery voltage to customers, especially during critical peak load periods. This can be a huge benefit by avoiding the cost of generation resources.
- Enhanced Damage Assessment functionality: Supports field assessors by allowing them to capture digital content like photographs of damaged equipment. For example, during a major ice or snow storm, utilities can dispatch assessors ahead of crews to evaluate and identify exact damage and locations via photographs and location services, ultimately improving crew responsiveness and ensuring more accurate estimated restoration times for customers.
- Leading utilities, such as Australia's United Energy, are currently upgrading to the latest version of Oracle Utilities Network Management System.
- "Oracle is committed to providing the utilities industry with the necessary tools for actionable information to help reduce operational costs. Oracle Utilities Network Management System 1.12 includes new functionality to enable utilities to accelerate service issue resolution and provide the visibility to optimize infrastructure, customer support and field response teams," said Rodger Smith, senior vice president and general manager, Oracle Utilities.
- Oracle Utilities
- Oracle Utilities on Facebook
- Oracle Utilities on Twitter
- Oracle Utilities on LinkedIn
- Oracle Utilities YouTube Channel
- Oracle Utilities on Diigo
About Oracle Utilities
Oracle Utilities delivers proven software applications that help utilities of all types and sizes achieve competitive advantage, business performance excellence and a lower total cost of technology ownership. Oracle Utilities integrates industry-specific customer care and billing, network management, work and asset management, mobile workforce management and meter data management applications with the capabilities of Oracle's industry-leading enterprise applications, business intelligence tools, middleware, database technologies, as well as servers and storage. The software enables customers to adapt more nimbly to market deregulation, meet ever-evolving customer demands and deliver on environmental conservation commitments. Additionally, Oracle Utilities helps utilities prepare for smart metering and smart grid initiatives that enhance efficiency and provide critical intelligence metrics that can help drive more-informed energy and water usage decisions for consumers and businesses. For more information, visit www.oracle.com/goto/utilities.
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (
About Oracle in Industries
Oracle industry solutions leverage the company's best-in-class portfolio of products to address complex business processes relevant to utilities, helping speed time to market, reduce costs, and gain a competitive edge.
About Oracle Industry Connect
Oracle Industry Connect, taking place in Boston March 25-26, 2014, brings industry leaders together to share deep domain expertise, insights and industry-specific best practices. This leadership event features customer-led content including visionary keynotes, executive-level networking and in-depth case studies designed to help organizations meet industry-specific challenges. For more information, please visit www.oracleindustryconnect.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
THIS DOCUMENT IS FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY AND MAY NOT BE INCORPORATED INTO A CONTRACT OR AGREEMENT.
- Technology & Electronics