REDWOOD SHORES, CA--(Marketwired - Jun 26, 2013) - Oracle (
- Gartner, Inc. has rated Oracle Utilities "Strong Positive" for Outage Management Systems for the third consecutive year in the report "MarketScope for Outage Management Systems (OMS)." (1) Oracle is the only vendor to consistently maintain this "strong positive" rating since 2011. Prior to that, Oracle was named a Leader in the Magic Quadrant for Outage Management Systems report from 2007 through 2010.
- Gartner states: "The utility industry is increasingly focused on the development of the future energy delivery infrastructure -- the smart grid. Among other benefits, a smarter grid will improve network resilience via advanced control functions, supporting network self-healing and event avoidance. This focus has fueled buyer interest in solutions that can extend and enhance the OMS environment with smart grid technology. Therefore, OMSs are evolving beyond an emergency response decision support system into a component of an integrated smart grid management platform."
- The full report, compliments of Oracle Utilities, is available at MarketScope for Outage Management Systems.
- "Delivering rich functionality through a pre-integrated, commercial off-the-shelf system and a proven system-integrator partner base, Oracle's full outage management capabilities continue to support critical operations at leading utilities worldwide," said Rodger Smith, senior vice president and general manager for Oracle Utilities. "As evidenced by our utility customers during Superstorm Sandy, Oracle's operational integrity consistently helps utilities deliver reliable services and information to customers in times of dire need."
(1) Gartner, Inc., "MarketScope for Outage Management Systems," by Zarko Sumic and Randy Rhodes, May 24, 2013
- MarketScope for Outage Management Systems
- Oracle Utilities
- Oracle Utilities Network Management Systems
- Oracle Utilities on Facebook
- Oracle Utilities on Twitter
- Oracle Utilities on LinkedIn
- Oracle Utilities YouTube Channel
- Oracle Utilities on Diigo
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner's research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
About Oracle Utilities
Oracle Utilities delivers proven software applications that help utilities of all types and sizes achieve competitive advantage, business performance excellence and a lower total cost of technology ownership. Oracle Utilities integrates industry-specific customer care and billing, network management, work and asset management, mobile workforce management and meter data management applications with the capabilities of Oracle's industry-leading enterprise applications, business intelligence tools, middleware, database technologies, as well as servers and storage. The software enables customers to adapt more nimbly to market deregulation, meet ever-evolving customer demands and deliver on environmental conservation commitments. Additionally, Oracle Utilities helps utilities prepare for smart metering and smart grid initiatives that enhance efficiency and provide critical intelligence metrics that can help drive more-informed energy and water usage decisions for consumers and businesses. For more information, visit www.oracle.com/goto/utilities.
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
- Information Technology