SAN DIEGO, CA--(Marketwire - Oct 17, 2012) - Overland Storage (
"While data is growing exponentially, many companies are struggling to effectively store and manage it all. Overland's SnapScale clustered NAS addresses the major pain points associated with rapid data growth while eliminating management complexity and performance limitations," said Terri McClure, Senior Analyst at Enterprise Strategy Group. "SnapScale enhances performance and availability as storage pools grow. Unlike traditional NAS systems, SnapScale is not limited by performance, scalability or availability as additional capacity is added. It provides the benefit of multiple systems working together to provide the highest performance and redundancy at all times."
SnapScale and RAINcloud OS: Revolutionizing Scale-out Storage
RAINcloud OS combines three layers of traditional storage architectures -- filesystem, volume manager and data protection -- into one unified software layer, creating a single intelligent global namespace that spans all nodes within a cluster. Providing an effortless storage management experience, RAINcloud OS gives SnapScale the ability to set-up clusters in under ten minutes and features a "manage-anywhere" browser-based interface that dramatically simplifies storage set-up, configuration, and maintenance.
Eliminating islands of storage and providing a truly unified and provision-less storage experience, SnapScale and RAINcloud OS combine hundreds of petabytes of storage and consolidate them to appear as a single global namespace for volume creation and management. Storage volumes can grow and shrink independently without IT intervention or capacity limitations. SnapScale uniquely allows administrators to scale-up capacity by adding drives, or scale-out capacity by adding nodes. Moreover, additional data protection can be obtained by replicating data between clusters with Snap Enterprise Data Replicator, which is included.
"At the University of San Francisco we need network storage that provides data protection and scales easily to keep pace with our ever-growing and changing infrastructure. With SnapScale we were able to decrease complexity and increase the high availability we require to support our extensive e-learning, digital media libraries and student information data processing," said Steve Gallagher, Chief Information Officer at University of San Francisco. "We like SnapScale's flexibility to scale-up, as well as scale-out and how simple it is to increase and manage the capacity under a single global namespace. We believe SnapScale is a great choice for institutions to protect, share and manage critical data, especially if they have limited resources or budget."
The Power of SnapScale:
- Simple: Setup is as simple as powering on the system. SnapScale nodes automatically discover each other and are sharing data in less than 10 minutes.
- Flexible: Administrators have the option to choose between automatic two-way or three-way data redundancy and site-to-site replication to meet disaster recovery goals.
- Available: SnapScale delivers redundancy of all components and simultaneously writes data across multiple nodes and drives in real-time ensuring no single point of failure.
- Scalable: Scale-up by adding drives, or scale-out by adding nodes as needed to increase storage pool space. Additional capacity can be added to the global namespace without downtime or user disruption.
- High Performance: Performance is optimized and scales linearly as client and server connections are balanced across the SnapScale cluster to increase throughput.
Ideal environments and uses for SnapScale:
- Cloud Providers - Colocation Services, Hosting, Web Services, Archiving
- Financial Service - Check Imaging, Document Storage, Customer Data
- Video Surveillance - Homeland Security/Law Enforcement, Retail/Commercial, Casino/Gaming
- Manufacturing and Design - CAD Storage, Collaboration and Sharing, Local Storage
- Medical and Biotechnology - Patient Records, Imaging, Research and Development
- Government and Education - Home Directory Services, E-Learning, File Server Consolidation
"Companies today are driven by data more than ever before. With long-term file storage, cloud services and big data processing creating an explosion in data growth, companies need to be able to manage, monitor, and grow storage quickly and affordably," said Jillian Mansolf, SVP Global Sales and Marketing, Overland Storage. "With over 300,000 SnapServers deployed globally, we have listened to our customers and designed SnapScale to push the limits of the scale-out NAS solutions available in this class while still offering the simplicity, reliability and enterprise class features that people expect from SnapServer solutions."
Pricing and Availability
The Overland Storage SnapScale Clustered NAS is available immediately from a worldwide network of value added resellers and system integrators with a starting price of $19,995 for a 24TB configuration including installation services and support. For more information, please visit: www.overlandstorage.com.
About Overland Storage
Overland Storage is the trusted global provider of effortless data management and data protection solutions across the data lifecycle. By providing an integrated range of technologies and services for primary, nearline, offline, archival, and cloud data storage, Overland makes it easy and cost-effective to manage different tiers of information over time. Whether distributed data is across the hall or across the globe, Overland enables companies to focus on building their business instead of worrying about data growth. Overland SnapScale, SnapServer, SnapSAN, NEO Series and REO Series solutions are available through a select network of value added resellers and system integrators. For more information, visit www.overlandstorage.com.
Overland Storage, SnapScale, RAINcloud, SnapServer, SnapSAN, NEO Series, REO Series and the Overland logo are trademarks Overland Storage, Inc., that may be registered in some jurisdictions. All other trademarks used are owned by their respective owners.