SAN FRANCISCO, CA--(Marketwired - Sep 9, 2013) - INTEL DEVELOPER FORUM (IDF) -- Pericom Semiconductor Corporation (
The new products expand Pericom's 'total segment solution focus' and include USB 3.0 and PCIe 2.0 signal integrity products with features aimed at mobility and embedded, USB 3.0 and DP/HDMI video switches for mobility and cloud, and timing products targeting cloud/enterprise and embedded. Pericom will display these products at the IDF Intel Developer Forum, San Francisco, CA, September 10-12, 2013 at Booth # 613.
"We continue to strengthen and broaden our 'total segment solution' approach to the varying product needs for each major segment and the main CPU being used," said Alex Hui, Pericom president and CEO. "This approach benefits the customer by providing multiple product functions optimized for their specific platform needs."
The new Signal Integrity products include very small size and low power optimized USB 3.0 and PCIe 2.0 ReDriver/Repeaters, targeting small form factor mobility platforms such as smart phones, tablets, videocam and other consumer products, as well as various embedded applications. They have been designed to meet the latest USB-IF and PCI-SIG industry standards requirements.
The new Switching products are designed to work with the latest mobility and cloud/enterprise CPU chipsets and include a family of USB 3.0 analog switches, and an HDMI1.2/DP1.4 video switch. These products offer extremely low power and small size suitable for any size platform.
The new Timing products include a family of clocks for embedded CPU applications, and extremely low jitter / high performance Crystal Oscillators (XO) family optimized for 10/40/100Gb Ethernet cloud/enterprise platforms. The XO family has gained Tier 1 Enterprise CPU chipset reference designs based on superior industry performance and reliability specifications.
Pericom's target market segments show unit growth of Tablet and Smart Phone will exceed 50% over the next 4 years to over 1.5B total units (IDC, 8/13) while in Cloud infrastructure, 10/40Gb port shipments are forecasted to show continued growth averaging 60%/year (IDC, 12/12).
Samples and production quantities for all products are available now.
- PI3EQX502i - dual channel (one port) USB 3.0 redriver/repeater
- PI3EQX501i - single channel (half port) USB 3.0 redriver/repeater
- PI3EQX5801 - 4 lane/8 channel PCIe 2.0 redriver/repeater
- PI3USB302A/PI3USB304/PI3USB102E - USB 3.0 analog mux switch family
- PI3WVR12612 - HDMI/DP wide voltage range signal switch with added DDC (Display Data Channel) switch.
- PI3WVR12412 - HDMI/DP wide voltage range signal switch.
- PI6C490x family - high integration, multi output embedded clock generator family
- UX5040GE01/UX7040GE01 - high performance 10/40/100Gb XO family
Budgetary Pricing - for 10Ku OEM quantities
- PI3EQX501i - $0.55, PI3EQX502i - $0.72
- PI3EQX5801 - $1.75
- PI3USB302A - $0.80, PI3USB304 - $0.92, PI3USB102E - $0.80
- PI3WVR12612 - $1.60
- PI3WVR12412 - $1.50
- PI6C490x family - from $2.85 to $4.85, depending on output combinations
- UX5040GE01/UX5040GE01 - from $14.95 depending on temperature and stability requirements
Additional information and volume pricing quote is available by contacting Pericom worldwide sales, or by visiting www.pericom.com/contact to request a specific product price quote.
High Resolution Graphics:
Access high resolution graphics connected to the press release.
Related Pericom Press Releases & Emessenger product information:
Pericom Semiconductor Corporation (
ReDriver is a trademark of Pericom Semiconductor Corporation, all rights reserved. PCI Express and PCIe are registered trademarks of PCI-SIG.