CALGARY, AB--(Marketwired - May 21, 2013) - Petrosonic Energy, Inc. (
These ten disclosures relate to:
- Economically upgrading heavy oil feed stocks, achieving optimal solvent ratios and improving processing times while adding variations for solvent recovery.
- Solvent maximization and recovery using a new solvent selection process.
- Recovery and conversion of asphaltenes and de-asphalted oil from heavy oil feed stocks into an emulsified fuel which may be more suitable for transportation, storage and utilization in multiple other applications, such as in a self-sufficient processing plant.
- Utilization of sonic treatment in nonconventional treatment applications such as clay removal and frac water treatment.
- Recovery of hydrocarbons from solid and liquid waste in contaminated areas using sonic technology.
- Design modifications and enhancements for optimal operation of a sonic reactor used in the upgrading of heavy oil feed stocks.
"These patent filings are an important part of protecting and growing shareholder value. While we are clearly focused on commercializing our Sonoprocess™ technology, I am very encouraged by the breadth of our technology development and the array of potential future commercialization opportunities these patent filings represent," said Petrosonic CEO, Art Agolli.
About Petrosonic Energy, Inc.
Petrosonic Energy, Inc. is in business to deliver innovative technologies to the energy sector. The primary focus is to provide technologies which upgrade heavy oil economically and in an environmentally friendly manner. The Company's patented Sonoprocess™ uses clean sonic energy to de-asphalt heavy oil at much smaller scale and lower capital costs than conventional upgraders and without the use of water or release of emissions into the atmosphere.
Forward-Looking Statements Disclosure
This press release may contain "forward-looking statements" within the meaning of federal securities laws. In this context, forward-looking statements may address the company's expected future business and financial performance, and often contain words such as "anticipates," "believes," "estimates," "expects," "intends," "plans," "seeks," "will," and other terms with similar meaning. These forward-looking statements by their nature address matters that are, to different degrees, uncertain. Although the company believes that the assumptions upon which its forward-looking statements are based are reasonable, it can provide no assurances that these assumptions will prove to be correct. All forward-looking statements in this press release are expressly qualified by such cautionary statements, risks, and uncertainties, and by reference to the underlying assumptions.