- The year's biggest gainer, Anil Ambani, is up $23.8 billion in the past year and is closing gap with estranged brother, Mukesh, who ranks one spot ahead of him in the world at No. 5.
- The sons inherited their fortune from their late father, renowned industrialist Dhirubhai Ambani. But they couldn't get along, and in 2005 their mother brokered a peace settlement breaking up the family's assets.
- A marathon runner, his biggest asset is his 65% stake in telecom venture Reliance Communications.
- He recently raised $3 billion from the highly anticipated initial offering of his Reliance Power, the biggest in India's history. Despite the hype, the stock tumbled 17% immediately after its February listing. In a bid to appease investors, company's board recently approved the issue of bonus shares.
- Still feuding with brother Mukesh: battling him in court over a gas-supply agreement.
- Anil Ambani