- Singh is now the world's richest real estate baron after listing his real estate development company DLF in 2007. The offering helped triple his fortune to $30 billion this year, up from $10 billion.
- A former army officer, known as K.P., he joined his father-in-law's Delhi Land & Finance in 1961.
- Singh later built DLF City in Gurgaon, his showpiece township on the outskirts of Delhi, by acquiring land from farmers. Over time, he transformed it into one of India's biggest real estate developers.
- Group plans to raise another $1.5 billion by listing a subsidiary in Singapore.
- A keen golfer, he now leaves son Rajiv, daughter Pia to run operations.