HAMILTON, BERMUDA--(Marketwired - Oct 17, 2013) - PFAFF®, a leading global brand of premier sewing and embroidery machines, today announced the launch of three new sewing and embroidery machines and software designed to inspire sewing enthusiasts intent on perfecting the art of their craft: the top-of-the-line creative sensation™ pro sewing and embroidery machine, the select™ 4.2 sewing machine, and the powerquilter™ 16.0 quilting machine.
"The esteemed PFAFF® brand is known for launching cutting-edge products that equip sewing enthusiasts with first-to-market technologies that take their creativity to the next level," said Katrina Helmkamp, CEO of SVP Worldwide, source of the PFAFF®, SINGER® and HUSQVARNA VIKING® sewing machine brands. "Leading innovations like the patent-pending Ribbon Stitches feature and the triple-patented ActivStitch™ technology help fuel the passion and ignite the ingenuity of the world's most creative and talented sewers."
The brand's new products boast a variety of exciting features that are sure to delight even the most discerning and demanding sewers, including:
- creative sensation™ pro sewing and embroidery machine: This brand new top-of-the-line machine gives sewers unlimited capacity to achieve perfection in projects of all sizes. Features include:
- Ribbon Stitches: A unique, patent-pending sewing technique based on the ability to make stitches with stop commands built in, resulting in one-of-a-kind decorative stitches.
- PFAFF® creative™ color touch screen: Now with 180 degree viewing angles for enhanced visibility from every perspective and greater color contrast than ever before.
- Increased embroidery speed: With 30 percent more embroidery speed, sewers can complete embroidery projects in record time while maintaining complete control and achieving unprecedented precision.
- ActivStitch™ Technology: Triple-patented, this revolutionary technology delivers precise, gorgeous embroidery designs even when using challenging novelty threads.
- Original IDT™ System: This PFAFF® exclusive feature delivers completely even fabric feed from both the top and the bottom.
- select™ 4.2 sewing machine:
- Easy Select™ System: Consistently choosing the right stitch is simple with this easy-to-use function.
- Integrated needle threader: Threads the needle quickly and accurately every time.
- Electronic needle piercing power: Delivers consistent piercing power to complete projects efficiently.
- LED lights: A brighter workspace ensures better visibility to deliver precise results.
- Original IDT™ System: This PFAFF® exclusive feature delivers a completely even fabric feed from both the top and the bottom.
- powerquilter™ 16.0 quilting machine: This sit-down machine is equipped with patent-pending technology to track sewing motion and regulate stitch length. It is perfect for handling any type of quilting project due to its sizeable 36" x 30" table, which provides plenty of workspace and support to reduce shoulder strain. Other features include:
- Color Touch Screen: Set a preferred speed on the color touch screen and save up to three different speeds for future quilting projects.
- 16" Throat Space: Provides plenty of space for quilting projects of all sizes, including 8" of vertical space.
- 1500 stitches: Fast and efficient, this machine handles quilting with ease at up to 1500 stitches per minute.
- OPTIONAL - TruStitch™ technology: Tracks sewing motion and regulates the stitch lengths while moving the fabric around the table.
The new PFAFF® 6D™ Embroidery Software System enables sewers to bring embroidery designs to life in ways previously unimaginable with three distinct packages: 6D™ Premier, 6D™ Embroidery Extra, and 6D™ Embroidery. This embroidery software system includes "Life View", which provides a real-world, three-dimensional view of embroidery designs, including varying angles and special effects; and the Design Player, which allows sewers to watch as projects are stitched right on the screen.
Additionally, PFAFF® 6D™ software features a multi-part saving function, giving the user the flexibility to adjust older projects easily; and a special QuiltBlock Wizard, which makes it possible for sewers to create a filled or outlined quilt block automatically. New stitching features include "echo fill", a shadow effect surrounding an embroidery or shape. The 6D™ Embroidery System also includes fonts and decorative frames specially designed for the popular embroidery foam. The Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price for the PFAFF® 6D™ Embroidery Software System are as follows: 6D™ Premier: $2299, 6D™ Embroidery Extra: $999, and 6D™ Embroidery: $499.
The new PFAFF® machines will be sold exclusively at authorized PFAFF® dealers. The Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Prices for the machines are as follows: the creative sensation™ pro sewing and embroidery machine: $10,999; the select™ 4.2 sewing machine: $699; and the powerquilter™ 16.0 quilting machine: $5,999. To find a PFAFF® dealer near you, please visit www.pfaffusa.com.
- Arts & Crafts
- Hobbies & Personal Activities
- embroidery machines
- sewing machine