ANDOVER, Mass., May 16, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Royal Philips (NYSE: PHG AEX: PHIA) today announced its participation in the American Telemedicine Association's 2014 Conference (ATA 14) to be held May 18-20 in Baltimore, Md. At this year's event, Philips experts and healthcare professionals and administrators will highlight best practices for telehealth to increase efficiencies, add value, improve care and achieve higher standards across the entire care continuum from the hospital into the home.
"The use of telehealth will increase as health systems continue to explore more efficient, cost-effective and collaborative ways of treating patients both in and out of the hospital," said Derek Smith, chief executive officer, Hospital to Home, Philips Healthcare. "Our focus at this year's ATA is to highlight a new kind of leadership, delivering a programmatic, insight-driven and patient-centric approach to telehealth, as well as the supporting technologies that enable clinical transformation across all care settings."
The Philips Hospital to Home booth (#4610) will also spotlight its full suite of telehealth programs, including acute, critical and ambulatory care programs.
Conference Agenda Features Hospital to Home
Healthcare professionals and hospital administrators lead discussions on maximizing telehealth investments and achieving results at several sessions, including:
- Improving the Effectiveness of Telemedicine Programs
- Dr. Jorn op den Buijs, research scientist at Royal Philips
- Monday, May 19, 1:15-2:15 PM, Session 20
- Tele-ICU Collaboration with the Bedside Team Improves Outcomes of ICU Patients in the Management of Pain, Agitation and Delirium
- Megan Farraj, medical intensive care specialist at Christiana Care Health Services, and Marc T. Zubrow, MD, vice president of telemedicine and medical director of eCare at University of Maryland Medical System
- Monday, May 19, 3:00-4:00 PM, Session 22
- Industry Council Executive Session
- Manu Varma, vice president of strategy and business development at Philips Hospital to Home
- Monday, May 19, 3:00-4:00 PM, Room 307/308
- Best Practices: Homecare Studies and Outcomes
- Mary Hagen, e-Home Care supervisor at Henry Ford Home Health Care
- Tuesday, May 20, 11:00 AM-12:00 PM, Session 40
- Consumers, Providers, and Government Collaborations
- Monte Coffman, executive director at Windsor Place
- Tuesday, May 20, 11:00 AM-12:00 PM, Session 48
Philips Telehealth Solutions in Action
The centerpiece of the Philips Hospital to Home booth will be an enterprise-wide telehealth center, where visitors can see how remote monitoring connected solutions enhance the care of patients in high acuity settings in the hospital and lower acuity settings in the home, through six different clinical programs. Philips will feature its newest program, eAcute, which supports proactive patient population management in medical and surgical units.
In addition, the Philips eICU technology will be featured by Mercy (booth #2414). Mercy is currently managing more than 450 intensive care unit beds as part of a broad, innovative telehealth program that also extends care to medical/surgical units as well as outpatient and home settings.
For more information on Philips' presence at ATA 14, including the full suite of Philips clinical telehealth programs, visit www.hospitaltohome.philips.com and follow the #ATA2014 conversation @PhilipsHealth.
About Royal Philips:
Royal Philips (NYSE: PHG, AEX: PHIA) is a diversified health and well-being company, focused on improving people's lives through meaningful innovation in the areas of Healthcare, Consumer Lifestyle and Lighting. Headquartered in the Netherlands, Philips posted 2013 sales of EUR 23.3 billion and employs approximately 112,000 employees with sales and services in more than 100 countries. The company is a leader in cardiac care, acute care and home healthcare, energy efficient lighting solutions and new lighting applications, as well as male shaving and grooming and oral healthcare. News from Philips is located at www.philips.com/newscenter.
- Health Care Industry
- Professional Services