SCOTTSDALE, AZ--(Marketwire - Jan 3, 2013) - TASER (
TASER received and shipped the following orders for TASER CEWs and various related accessories in the fourth quarter:
- Phoenix Police Department (AZ) for 2,365 X2s
- Prince George's County (MD) for 500 X26s
- Washtenaw County Sheriff's Department (MI) for 165 X2s
- Henrico County Police Department (VA) for 100 X2s with 100 TASER CAM™ HD cameras
- Belton Police Department (MO) for 35 X2s
- International orders for 24 X2s, 575 X26s and 57,000 TASER Cartridges
"Some of our largest orders this quarter, including the Phoenix Police Department, were made possible through our new TASER Protection Plan (TPP) which enables agencies to spread payments out over a five-year period," said Rick Smith, CEO and founder of TASER International. "The TPP enables agencies to smooth their budget expenditures over time rather than having to return for special one time capital equipment funding every five to seven years to replace or upgrade their technology. TPP has enabled numerous customers with aging fleets of CEWs to upgrade this critical officer safety equipment. We now expect fourth quarter revenues to exceed $30 million," concluded Mr. Smith.
- X2 Photos: http://www.taserbranding.com/x2-press-images/
- X2 Videos: http://www.taserbranding.com/x2-videos/
- TASER Protection Plan: http://info.taser.com/tpp.html
- TASER Press Kit: http://www.taser.com/press-kit
- TASER on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/OfficialTASER
- TASER on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TASER.International
- TASER Blog: http://blog.taser.com/
- French Website Address: http://fr.taser.com/
- Brazilian Website Address: http://br.taser.com/
About TASER International, Inc.
TASER protects life. TASER® Conducted Electrical Weapons (CEWs) have saved more than 100,000 lives from potential death or serious injury. We enable greater transparency with the industry-leading TASER CAM and AXONFlex on-officer video systems. Together with our customers, we are defining the future of smart policing by connecting intelligent devices and sensors with the first secure cloud-based digital evidence management solution: EVIDENCE.com.
Since 1994, more than 255,000 private individuals have relied on TASER technology to protect themselves and their loved ones. Learn more about TASER and its solutions at www.TASER.com and www.EVIDENCE.com or by calling (800) 978-2737.
TASER® is a registered trademark of TASER International, Inc., registered in the U.S. All rights reserved. TASER logo, TASER X26™, TASER X2™, TASER CAM™ HD, and AXONFlex™ are trademarks of TASER International, Inc.
Note to Investors
Visit our Investor Relations Safe Harbor Statement at: investor.taser.com/safeHarbor.cfm
For investor relations information please contact Erin Curtis by phone at 480-515-6330 or via email at IR@TASER.com.