TORONTO, ONTARIO--(Marketwired - Jul 17, 2013) -
Editors note there are two (2) photos accompanying this release.
While many photo-sharing sites present images in small, square formats, 500px has gone in the opposite direction. They've just redesigned their photo page with an emphasis on aesthetics and showcasing the bigger picture.
Currently being rolled to the full membership today, the new Photo Page offers a lush, immersive image that jumps off the screen and puts photos center stage.
The most significant change is Focus View, the ability to maximize the size of each photo for a more dramatic and enjoyable experience. Users can click on the photo and then use a series of shortcuts to browse through all the feeds full-screen.
The header is simplified and now includes the photographer's information on the top left with share and like buttons conveniently located at the top right. Underneath each photo, you'll find details on the camera and lens, comments, the Popular Feed and a visual list of the people who've liked or favourited the photo.
"We've watched the way our community interacts with photos on their screens, tablets, smartphones - all the different platforms," says Adam Shutsa, Lead Designer, 500px. "We've designed our new photo page with a stronger focus on the image, while keeping it easy to like, favorite, share, and be part of the 500px community."
Bigger impact for bigger screens
The new photo page features include:
- Focus View for larger and more dynamic photos that can be maximized by using a few simple shortcuts.
- View larger photos on Popular, Editor's Choice, Upcoming and Fresh feeds and on the photographer's profile.
- Photos expand in size for superior viewing on larger monitors.
- Shortcuts are located below each photo in Focus View. Click on a photo or press 'H' for the Focus View. Click on it again or press 'M' to maximize the photo. Press 'L' to like and 'F' for favourite.
- Photographer information, easy sharing and like and favourite buttons are featured in the new header.
- Arrow keys let you go back and forth between photos to mirror the ease of an iPad experience on your computer screen.
- Comments are located below the photo as well as a visual list of the people who've favourited or liked the photo.
"Our new photo page raises the bar in the industry and features photos that are up to six times bigger than before, for pixel-perfect landscapes, portraits and more," says Evgeny Tchebotarev, founder and COO, 500px.
"By continuing to push the boundaries of our platform, we're offering photographers a more visually appealing way to showcase and share their work online than ever before and improving the aesthetic experience for people who just want to view the photos," he adds.
500px is a premium photo-sharing platform for aspiring and professional photographers. It is powered by creative people worldwide and lets you discover, share, buy and sell inspiring photos. 500px was founded in late 2009 by two acclaimed photographers and entrepreneurs, Oleg Gutsol, CEO and Evgeny Tchebotarev, COO. With over 2.5 million users and a billion page views each month, it has grown to become the premier platform with the highest quality photography worldwide. For more information, please visit the 500px newsroom.
To view the photos accompanying this release please click on the following links:
- Consumer Discretionary