SANTA CRUZ, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--
Plantronics (PLT) today announced that RIG™ Headset + Mixer, the first member of the new RIG family of gaming products, is available at major retailers for $129.99 MSRP, starting today. A complete audio system of stereo headset, mixer, convertible mics and cables, RIG Headset + Mixer is the first gaming headset designed from the ground up with mobile in mind. The RIG audio system lets players focus on the game by managing their mix, their way. Dial in a preferred mix of game and smartphone sound – calls, music, and app notifications – for a fully customized audio experience. The RIG headset delivers epic audio performance, with precision stereo, crystal-clear voice and three EQ profiles, including Seismic mode, allowing players to feel the bass.
“RIG Headset + Mixer is truly unique as the first gaming headset developed with mobile at its core, which allows for seamless calls, side game chat, music, and a variety of other second screen uses. For gamers, RIG connects their game life with their real life,” said Chuck Frizelle, Head of Plantronics Gaming. “It is a very compelling value – offering a premium experience, audio quality, and versatility across PC, consoles and mobile devices, that makes RIG an ideal all-in-one headset audio solution.”
Additional features of RIG include:
- An innovative mixer – the heart of the RIG system – seamlessly connects the virtual world and the real world. Find the perfect mix of game audio, voice chat and smartphone audio with twin sliders, and take a call with one touch.
- Interchangeable mics – the noise-cancelling boom blocks background noise for clear communication, and can be swapped out for the inline mic with mute and call control – for music, chat or gaming on the go.
- Street style industrial design reflects the RIG system’s premium performance and active lifestyle orientation. A gaming headset that looks as good on the street as it does in the living room.
- Ultra-comfortable ear cushions and headband are designed for marathon gaming sessions. Soft ear cushions provide long-wearing comfort, and the headband has the right level of tension for a perfect fit.
- Offering universal compatibility with PC/Mac, Xbox 360, PS3, smartphones and tablets, RIG elegantly moves between computers, consoles and mobile devices without missing a beat.
Pricing and Availability
Plantronics is a global leader in audio communications for businesses and consumers. We have pioneered new trends in audio technology, creating innovative products that allow people to simply communicate. From unified communication to Bluetooth® headsets to gaming solutions, we deliver uncompromising quality, an ideal experience, and extraordinary service. Plantronics is used by every company in the Fortune 100™, as well as 911 dispatch, air traffic control and various mission critical applications for those on the frontline. For more information, please visit www.plantronics.com or call (800) 544-4660.
Plantronics and RIG are trademarks or registered trademarks of Plantronics, Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
- Technology & Electronics
Lerin O’Neill, 831-458-7595
Senior Manager, Public Relations