SANTA CRUZ, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--
Plantronics (PLT), a pioneer in wearable technology, today announced the Voyager Legend® CS, the latest addition to the award winning Voyager headset line. Designed to provide mobile flexibility without sacrificing in-office productivity, the Voyager Legend CS headset system blends all the features of the Voyager family – precisely tuned audio, Smart Sensor technology and intuitive voice enabled controls – with connectivity for both the mobile phone and desk phone.
Whether today’s workers are in the office or a non-office environment, they require a headset that provides a high level of audio quality and can move with them throughout the day. The Voyager Legend CS gives workers a seamless experience regardless of location, allowing easy management of mobile and desktop calls using Smart Sensor technology, which intuitively directs calls to your phone or headset and allows you to automatically answer by placing the headset on your ear. Workers can now manage calls at their desks in the office and easily transition to managing calls on their mobile devices when they leave the office so they can work how and where they want.
“Plantronics has set the bar for enterprise-level communications solutions with the Voyager series of products, and with the CS, we’re addressing a new class of hybrid workers who spend just as much time on-the-go as they do in the office,” said Renee Niemi, senior vice president, Communication Solutions, Plantronics. “Today’s workforce needs a modern communications solution that moves throughout the day with them, from the office to the coffee shop to the car with the kids, and the Voyager Legend CS is built to do just that.”
Building on the industry-leading features of the Voyager series of headsets, the Legend CS comes with a sleek charging dock that connects directly to an office desk phone and includes:
- The ability to manage desk phone and mobile device calls from a single headset
- Intuitive controls to answer/end calls, mute and adjust volume
Smart Sensor technology for a seamless and intuitive user experience
- Automatically answers calls simply by placing headset on your ear
- Automatically transfers calls between mobile phone and headset
- Roaming capability of up to 33 ft. from desktop charging base or mobile device
- Up to 7 hours talk time, 11 days standby
- Use your voice to answer or ignore incoming mobile calls and for a host of other commands
- Caller Name Announcement for incoming mobile calls
- Integrated A2DP lets you listen to streaming media from your mobile phone or tablet
- Precision tuned triple-mic with enhanced DSP for superior noise cancellation
- Three layers of wind noise protection
The Voyager Legend CS comes complete with Plantronics’ flagship Bluetooth® headset, as well as a charging dock that connects to the desk phone. It is available with or without the HL10 Lifter that allows for remote call control with the desk phone at the push of a button (HL10 bundle is only available in North America and Europe). It can also be customized to match any work style using accessories like a portable charging case and USB adapter for PC connectivity.
The Voyager family also includes:
- The Voyager Legend Bluetooth headset is the first truly intelligent headset featuring Smart Sensor technology that delivers unsurpassed audio quality and all-day comfort for the mobile professional who needs to stay connected through their smartphone or tablet.
- The Voyager Legend UC is an award-winning unified communication solution that connects to a PC, mobile phone, or tablet providing superior call management as well as a portable charging case, perfect for the mobile professional who takes his office with him wherever he goes.
Pricing and Availability
Voyager Legend CS will be available in October 2013 from $299 MSRP through authorized Plantronics distributors and online at Amazon.com.
About Plantronics: Simply Smarter Communications®
Plantronics is a global leader in audio communications for businesses and consumers. We have pioneered new trends in audio technology for 50 years, creating innovative products that allow people to simply communicate. From unified communication solutions to Bluetooth® headsets, we deliver uncompromising quality, an ideal experience, and extraordinary service. Plantronics is used by every company in the Fortune 100™, as well as 911 dispatch, air traffic control and the New York Stock Exchange. For more information, please visit www.plantronics.com or call (800) 544-4660.
Plantronics, Simply Smarter Communications, Voyager and Voyager Legend are trademarks or registered trademarks of Plantronics, Inc. All other trademarks are the property of the respective owners.
- Technology & Electronics
Genevieve Haldeman, 831-458-7343
Vice President, Global Communications