President Barack Obama is the worst president since World War II, according to a plurality of voters in a new poll published Wednesday.
The Quinnipiac University survey found 33% of American voters named Obama as the worst while 28% named his predecessor, George W. Bush.
"Over the span of 69 years of American history and 12 presidencies, President Barack Obama finds himself with President George W. Bush at the bottom of the popularity barrel," Tim Malloy, assistant director of the Quinnipiac University Poll, said in a statement.
Richard Nixon, whose presidency ended in scandal, received only 13% of the vote and Jimmy Carter scored 8%. None of the remaining eight presidents received more than 3%.
Asked about the 2012 presidential race, 45% of respondents said the country would be better off if the Republican nominee, Mitt Romney, had won. Slightly less — 38% — said the country would be worse off under a President Romney.
"Would Mitt have been a better fit?" Malloy asked. "More voters in hindsight say yes."
More From Business Insider
- How Mitch McConnell Crushed Barack Obama At The Supreme Court
- Obama Calls Boehner's Lawsuit A 'Stunt'
- Obama Wants To Escalate US Involvement In The Syrian Crisis
- Obama Just Ate This Cheeseburger With Extra Cheese Inside The Meat
- BOEHNER PLANS TO SUE OBAMA: 'We Didn't Elect A Monarch Or King'
- Politics & Government
- Barack Obama
- Quinnipiac University
- George W. Bush
- Quinnipiac University Poll