Oct 25 (Reuters) - Chinese newspapers available in Beijingand Shanghai carried the following stories on Friday. Reutershas not checked the stories and does not vouch for theiraccuracy.
CHINA SECURITIES JOURNAL
- Net profit of Chinese insurers jumped 134.9 percent in thefirst nine months of this year to 91.75 billion yuan ($15.09billion), due to a low base last year and improved investmentreturns, according to the China Insurance Regulatory Commission.
SHANGHAI SECURITIES NEWS
- Shanghai will merge the city's two major newspaper groups,the Jiefang Daily Group and Wenhui Xinmin United Press Group.
- Wal-Mart Stores is looking to close 15-30 underperformingstores in China.
- Competition and protectionism have caused Japanese dairymanufacturer Meiji to quit the China infant formula market.Meiji was forced to slash prices by regulators during ananti-monopoly campaign.
- China's industrial recovery remains weak, said an officialwith the Ministry of Industry and Information Technology.
- Agricultural Bank of China plans to offloadnon-performing assets valued 10 billion yuan ($1.64 billion) onthe Beijing Financial Assets Exchange.
- China's urban employment increased by 10.66 million peopleduring the first nine months, hitting the 9 million target forthe year ahead of schedule.
For Hong Kong and South China newspapers see.....
- Singapore International News
- Investment & Company Information