SHANGHAI, Oct 8 (Reuters) - Chinese newspapers available inBeijing and Shanghai carried the following stories on Tuesday.Reuters has not checked the stories and does not vouch for theiraccuracy.
CHINA SECURITIES JOURNAL
- China's economic growth is likely to slow in the fourthquarter, according to a report by the State Information Center.The country's full-year GDP is likely to grow by roughly 7.6percent in 2013.
- APEC economies need to cooperate on their macroeconomicpolicies and maintain the spirit of mutual cooperation in orderto play a leading role in advancing an open world economy, aneditorial said.
- Shanghai enjoyed record retail and tourism sales over theNational Day holiday, Shanghai authorities said on Monday. Salesin the city's department stores, supermarkets and specialityshops increased 11.8 percent year-on-year during the seven-dayholiday to almost 7 billion yuan ($1.14 billion).
- China's government officials have been afforded privilegesthat have led to runaway corruption, said a commentary in thepaper that acts as the government's mouthpiece. It is importantfor officials to remember that they serve the people, it said.
For Hong Kong and South China newspapers see.....
- US International News
- Singapore International News