BEDFORD, Mass.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--
Progress (PRGS) today kicked off Progress Exchange 2013, its worldwide conference for software developers at Boston’s Westin Boston Waterfront hotel. The event, which runs from today through October 9 brings together developers, business leaders, journalists and industry analysts from more than 30 countries around the world for education and insight on the latest trends and news in application development. Attendees will participate in more than 75 hours of interactive sessions, hands-on labs, demos, and workshops led by Progress experts and executives and see the latest technologies from Progress and its partners.
Monday, October 7, 2013
- Keynotes by Progress president and CEO Phil Pead; chief technology officer Karen Tegan-Padir and chief product officer John Goodson will focus on the latest business strategies, technology developments and product features. The start of breakout sessions with customer, partner and Progress presenters sharing insight on a variety of topics including cloud and PaaS, data-driven applications, mobile and web, business application development, business rules management, developer productivity, business productivity, data management, and partner growth strategies.
- The Showcase where attendees can see exhibits, network and learn best practices from product experts and exhibitors including Progress, QAD, Bravepoint, Quicken Loans, Totvs, Kingslake, DataPA, Cyberscience, App Tech, ProStar, Consultingwerk, Whitestar, VLG, Roundtable, Consultora BK and more.
Tuesday, October 8, 2013
- Recognized author, professor and noted business authority, Luke G. Williams delivers a keynote on disruptive innovation. Williams is the author of Disrupt: Think the Unthinkable to Spark Transformation in Your Business. For more than a decade, he has worked internationally with industry leaders such as American Express, GE, Sony, Crocs, Virgin, Disney and Hewlett-Packard to develop new products, services and brands. His views have also been featured in Bloomberg Businessweek and Fast Company and on National Public Radio (NPR).
- Unconference at Exchange enables attendees to take time away from the traditional conference format for an opportunity to meet knowledgeable Progress developers, product managers and peers and participate in informal, meaningful exchanges on topics relevant to their businesses.
- AWARDS@Exchange: an awards celebration to announce and recognize the winners of the Progress App Dev Challenge, a contest that sparked developers from around the globe to develop the “best” mobile application possible using the Progress® OpenEdge® product.
Wednesday, October 9, 2013
- Hands-on workshops and tutorials on topics such as Progress® Pacific™ PaaS and building next generation applications, Progress OpenEdge Mobile, Progress Developer Studio for OpenEdge, Progress OpenEdge BPM, Progress OpenEdge Multi-Tenancy, Progress OpenEdge Database Tuning, Progress Corticon®, Progress OpenEdge Security, Application Modernization, Demo2Win, Data Integration and Collaboration with Progress DataDirect®, and more.
Social Media Trivia Contest
Attendees can follow along on Twitter to play the Progress Exchange Trivia contest and win prizes. During the show @ProgressSW will tweet out 10 Exchange-themed trivia questions and the first person to respond correctly with the #PRGS13 hashtag will win a prize. To participate, attendees should look for tweets starting with “TRIVIA.”
Exchange 2013 Sponsors
Progress Exchange 2013 is sponsored by: QAD, BravePoint, Quicken Loans, TOTVS, App Technologies, Consultora BK, Consultingwerk, Cyberscience Corporation, Data PA, Kingslake, ProStar Software, Rollbase Philippines, Tugboat Software, VLG, White Star Software
Phil Pead, president and CEO at Progress, said: “There is no question that cloud computing is a disruptive technology and one that our customers and partners are eager to embrace using Progress technologies. Exchange 2013 attendees will be amazed by what they’ll see and will learn how Progress can help them capitalize on this industry transformation to increase productivity, get to market faster and gain a competitive advantage.”
Follow conversation about Exchange at #PRGS13
Join the Progress Exchange event group on LinkedIn
View the Progress RebelMouse page for the latest happenings aggregated from all Progress social media pages in one location
About Progress Software Corporation
Progress Software Corporation (PRGS) is a global software company that simplifies the development, deployment and management of business applications on-premise or in the cloud, on any platform or device, to any data source, with enhanced performance, minimal IT complexity and low total cost of ownership. Progress Software can be reached at www.progress.com or 1-781-280-4000.
Progress, Pacific, OpenEdge, DataDirect and Corticon are trademarks or registered trademarks of Progress Software Corporation or one of its subsidiaries or affiliates in the U.S. and other countries. Any other names contained herein may be trademarks of their respective owners.
- Technology & Electronics
- Progress Software Corporation
Rachel Godwin, +44 (0)7785 285551