- What Might It Look Like if Siri Drove a Car? Meet Steeri. (Video) @ AllThingsD - 2 hours 8 minutes ago
A new parody video introduces Steeri, a humorous look at what might happen if the iPhone's virtual assistant were given the keys to a car.
- iOS 7 Adoption Already at 74 Percent @ AllThingsD - 3 hours ago
And it only took three months.
- Like This If You Like Pandas! Facebook Says Publishers Shouldn't Fret About News Feed Changes. @ AllThingsD - 5 hours ago
The guy who runs Facebook's most valuable real estate explains why the company just changed its rules.
- Siri Gets Serious, Microsoft Gets Its Mojo Back and Everything Gets Encrypted in 2014 @ AllThingsD - 13 hours ago
Annual predictions for the year ahead in tech from analyst Mark Anderson.
- Twitter Tips Its International Strategy @ AllThingsD - 15 hours ago
A multi-pronged, low-end approach to bringing in more users outside the United States and, ultimately, more revenue for the microblogging service.
- Instagram to Hold NYC Event on December 12 @ AllThingsD - 20 hours ago
Instagram has invited reporters to a press event in Manhattan on Dec. 12, according to reports from CNET and TechCrunch. The invitations do not specify what the event will focus on, though a recent report ...
- QOTD: Why President Obama Can't Play Candy Crush Saga @ AllThingsD - 22 hours ago
I’m not allowed for security reasons to have an iPhone. – U.S. President Barack Obama explains his BlackBerry
- Ryan Seacrest Wanted a Keyboard for His iPhone, So He Invested $1 Million in One @ AllThingsD - 23 hours ago
Two people! Four phones! How will this cliffhanger end?
- With New COO Hire, Snapchat Means (Non-Ephemeral) Business @ AllThingsD - 23 hours ago
The company that has proved increasingly popular with teens is starting to grow up.
- How Many iPhones Can Apple Sell on China Mobile? (Spoiler: Lots) @ AllThingsD - 23 hours ago
17 million? 20 million? ... 38 million?
- Google Ventures Bets on Mobile Ad Startup YieldMo @ AllThingsD - Thu, Dec 5, 2013 11:06 AM EST
Serial entrepreneur Michael Yavonditte's latest venture gets a vote of confidence, and a check, from a company that knows something about ads.
- Online Retail Giant's Grocery Delivery Service AmazonFresh May Launch in San Francisco Next Week @ AllThingsD - Thu, Dec 5, 2013 10:30 AM EST
Is a nationwide rollout on the horizon?
- One Single Woman for Twitter's Board, One Giant Step for Gender Equality in Tech? Well, No. @ AllThingsD - Thu, Dec 5, 2013 10:11 AM EST
A painfully slow process.
- Even as Stock Soars, a Not-So-Glamorous Magazine Close-Up of Yahoo's Marissa Mayer @ AllThingsD - Thu, Dec 5, 2013 9:05 AM EST
A nuanced picture of a complex personality that often gets glossed over.
- Twitter Adds Former Pearson CEO Marjorie Scardino to Its Board @ AllThingsD - Thu, Dec 5, 2013 9:03 AM EST
Woman? Check. Media credentials? Check.
- AT&T Follows in T-Mobile's Footsteps With Cell Plans That Separate Device Cost From Monthly Service … @ AllThingsD - Thu, Dec 5, 2013 8:00 AM EST
The new "Mobile Share Value" plans will be available starting Sunday.
- Meet the Team Behind Amazon's Drone Squad @ AllThingsD - Thu, Dec 5, 2013 7:00 AM EST
The pilots behind the Prime Air fleet.
- BlackBerry Desperation Campaign Continues @ AllThingsD - Thu, Dec 5, 2013 5:38 AM EST
BlackBerry is a company that "deserves to exist."
- Broadcom Co-Founder Sees Peace Coming to Warring Wireless-Charging Factions in 2014 @ AllThingsD - Thu, Dec 5, 2013 12:00 AM EST
In an interview, Broadcom's Henry Samueli tells AllThingsD that the competing standards efforts will merge into one approach, likely sometime next year.
- Apple, China Mobile Sign Deal to Offer iPhone @ AllThingsD - Wed, Dec 4, 2013 10:19 PM EST
The rollout of iPhones on the world's largest mobile carrier by users is expected to start later this month.
- Top Microsoft Finance Exec Koefoed Departs for Puppet Labs @ AllThingsD - Wed, Dec 4, 2013 4:08 PM EST
One of the voices I always enjoyed over the years at the start of Microsoft earnings calls, Bill Koefoed, will be leaving the software giant after eight years to take a job as CFO of Puppet Labs. Most ...
- Surprise! You're Watching More TV Than Ever. @ AllThingsD - Wed, Dec 4, 2013 3:42 PM EST
Live TV is down, but on-demand is way up. At this rate, the Death of TV is going to take awhile.
- Rhode Island School of Design President John Maeda Departs for Roles at Kleiner Perkins and eBay @ AllThingsD - Wed, Dec 4, 2013 3:38 PM EST
Design fever in the Valley continues with a new addition to a familiar firm.
- QOTD: Open Up the Vault, Tim @ AllThingsD - Wed, Dec 4, 2013 3:27 PM EST
Apple is not a bank. – Billionaire investor Carl Icahn, who has filed a shareholder proposal calling for Apple to buy back its own shares on the public market
- Dish's Charlie Ergen Looks Assured of More Spectrum as No Other Big Names Enter Auction @ AllThingsD - Wed, Dec 4, 2013 2:56 PM EST
The absence of a big-name bidder to rival Ergen seemed a likely outcome after Sprint announced last month that it wouldn't bid on the so-called H Block of spectrum.
- Intuit Buys Docstoc to Round Out Small Business Services; Price Could Hit $50 Million @ AllThingsD - Wed, Dec 4, 2013 2:00 PM EST
- Ex-WSJ Reporter's New Subscription Tech Site, The Information, Launches @ AllThingsD - Wed, Dec 4, 2013 1:42 PM EST
Can a new paid technology publication work in a crowded media landscape? At least one former Wall Street Journal reporter thinks so.
- EU Approval Clears Way for Microsoft-Nokia Deal @ AllThingsD - Wed, Dec 4, 2013 1:33 PM EST
Europe has signed off on Microsoft’s pending acquisition of Nokia’s phone business. On Wednesday morning, the European Commission, the European Union's antitrust authority, rubber-stamped the deal, saying ...
- Like Last Year’s Kindles, This Year's Kindles Also the Best-Selling Kindles Ever @ AllThingsD - Wed, Dec 4, 2013 12:05 PM EST
LALALALALA. I am not listening.
- HomeAway Buys Australian Rental Marketplace Stayz for Nearly $200 Million @ AllThingsD - Wed, Dec 4, 2013 11:15 AM EST
HomeAway, the Austin-based vacation-rental company that operates VRBO.com and HomeAway.com, said today that it had acquired Australia's Stayz Group for $198 million in cash. Stayz operates under a pay-per-booking ...
- With Steam Machines on the Horizon, Valve Makes Its Linux Love Official @ AllThingsD - Wed, Dec 4, 2013 10:00 AM EST
"People shouldn’t underestimate the Linux community’s desire to have gaming on the platform, and for it to be insanely good."
- Tablet Shipments Soar as PC Slide Gets Steeper @ AllThingsD - Wed, Dec 4, 2013 9:00 AM EST
The PC market's bad news is the tablet industry's good news.
- Beats Music Targeting January Launch @ AllThingsD - Wed, Dec 4, 2013 8:30 AM EST
Another music subscription service that was supposed to arrive this year is being pushed back. But Jimmy Iovine's project is still supposed to show up soon.
- Survey Says Mobile Gamers Prefer Kindle Fire Over Tablets With Google Play @ AllThingsD - Wed, Dec 4, 2013 8:00 AM EST
But Android phones are still huge, and, thanks to the iPod touch, Apple is on top, overall.
- Former Netflix DVD Boss Andy Rendich Joins Payments Startup Clinkle @ AllThingsD - Wed, Dec 4, 2013 7:01 AM EST
Andy Rendich, the longtime Netflix vet whom Reed Hastings had at one point tapped to run the quickly-killed DVD business Qwikster, has been hired by Clinkle, the yet-to-launch payments startup that recently ...
- LG Flex Offers a Feel for the Future, but It's Still a Bit Stiff for a Flexible Device @ AllThingsD - Wed, Dec 4, 2013 6:00 AM EST
On its own, the display inside the new Android phone is quite bendy. But add in the battery, cover glass, and other components, and the phone appears rather rigid.
- Google Acquired Seven Robotics Companies for Andy Rubin @ AllThingsD - Wed, Dec 4, 2013 1:25 AM EST
Google bought seven robotics companies in the past six months -- Schaft, Industrial Perception, Meka, Redwood Robotics, Bot & Dolly, Autofuss and Holomni -- for an effort to create manufacturing and logistics ...
- Dell Tablets at Bargain Prices @ AllThingsD - Tue, Dec 3, 2013 9:12 PM EST
The Dell Venue 7 is a heck of a buy for a brand-name Android tablet, says Walt Mossberg, but if you can spare more money, you'll get a better experience in a more expensive small tablet.
- YouTube's Music Subscription Service Won't Show Up This Year @ AllThingsD - Tue, Dec 3, 2013 8:36 PM EST
Google already launched one paid music service this year. The next one will have to wait till 2014.
- Yahoo Snags DreamWorks-Incubated Mobile Video App Ptch @ AllThingsD - Tue, Dec 3, 2013 8:04 PM EST
Ptch, a mobile photo and video editing app that was created by a team spun out of DreamWorks, is shutting down so it can become part of Yahoo, the company told users today (co-founder Ed Leonard was already ...
- Instagram Business Lead Emily White to Be Named COO of Snapchat @ AllThingsD - Tue, Dec 3, 2013 7:45 PM EST
A big talent raid by the photo and video upstart from its rival and also potential acquirer.
- Oh, the Places Your Phone Will Find @ AllThingsD - Tue, Dec 3, 2013 6:14 PM EST
Field Trip, made by a division of Google, sends you, by way of pop-up cards, short blurbs about unique, sometimes-hidden locations as you pass them.
- Twitter Considered Buying Topsy, Too -- Here's Why It Didn't Happen @ AllThingsD - Tue, Dec 3, 2013 5:53 PM EST
The data mining startup had more than one big tech company interested in buying it.
- Positive News Pushes Apple Stock to Highest Close in Nearly a Year @ AllThingsD - Tue, Dec 3, 2013 4:40 PM EST
Apple just charted its best Wall Street close in nearly a year. Bolstered by news of excellent Black Friday sales and rumors of a looming iPhone deal with China Mobile, shares of Apple closed at $566.32, ...
- Huawei Pulls Back on Effort to Crack U.S. Carrier Equipment Market @ AllThingsD - Tue, Dec 3, 2013 3:45 PM EST
After years of trying to sway American regulators, Huawei has decided to focus its network gear business on more welcoming markets.
- The Buzziest Social Network, According to Hip-Hop @ AllThingsD - Tue, Dec 3, 2013 1:02 PM EST
- Sony Sells More Than 2.1 Million PlayStation 4s (Update: And Microsoft Says Xbox Has Sold Out) @ AllThingsD - Tue, Dec 3, 2013 12:24 PM EST
The momentum of the moment.
- Netflix Won't Let Your Kids Binge (Quite as Much) With "Turbo," Its Newest Original @ AllThingsD - Tue, Dec 3, 2013 11:39 AM EST
The animated show is no "House of Cards."
- Social Startup DataSift Raises $42 Million @ AllThingsD - Tue, Dec 3, 2013 11:37 AM EST
DataSift, a U.K.-based social startup that offers analytics services based on aggregate social network data, announced on Tuesday that it raised $42 million in a Series C round of venture funding. The ...
- Norad Santa-Tracker Is Now 3-D, Touch-Enabled and Claymationized, Courtesy of Microsoft @ AllThingsD - Tue, Dec 3, 2013 11:35 AM EST
Since 1955, children of all ages have tracked Santa's global route with the help of Norad’s radar, satellites and jet fighters.