- 3 hurt as suicide bomber hits Chinese Embassy in Kyrgyzstan Associated Press - 8 minutes ago
- Dogs use same parts of brain as humans to process language Associated Press - 35 minutes ago
BERLIN (AP) — Scientists have found that dogs use the same brain areas as humans to process language.
- Longtime aide Huma Abedin like 'second daughter' to Clinton Associated Press - 1 hour 8 minutes ago
- Seattle weighs new rules for businesses with hourly workers Associated Press - 1 hour 10 minutes ago
SEATTLE (AP) — Seattle leaders have proposed new rules for retail and food-service businesses with hourly employees, including requiring them to schedule shifts two weeks in advance and compensate workers for some last-minute changes — the latest push by a city that has led the nation in mandating worker benefits.
- AP Top Extended Financial Headlines at 4:00 a.m. EDT Associated Press - 1 hour 15 minutes ago
Seattle leaders have proposed new scheduling rules for hourly retail and food-service employees _ the latest push by a city has led the nation on mandating worker benefits
- Vegas, Asian investors betting on Sin City's Chinese tourism Associated Press - 1 hour 22 minutes ago
- State funeral set for Amatrice after quake survivors rebel Associated Press - 1 hour 23 minutes ago
- India's angry Dalits rise against age-old caste prejudices Associated Press - 1 hour 31 minutes ago
NEW DELHI (AP) — The video footage posted on social media by India's self-proclaimed cow saviors was brutal. It showed four bare-chested men tied with ropes to a car, flinching as an angry group of men took turns beating them with wooden sticks, belts and iron rods. Their crime: skinning a dead cow.
- Comic performer Gene Wilder kept his serious side off camera Associated Press - 1 hour 33 minutes ago
- Prosecutor to mull death penalty opposition in nuns' slaying Associated Press - 1 hour 36 minutes ago
- Global stocks mostly rise on hopes for higher US rates Associated Press - 1 hour 42 minutes ago
- French government wants EU to stop trade talks with US Associated Press - 1 hour 44 minutes ago
- Trump's deportation waffle highlights campaign weaknesses Associated Press - 1 hour 58 minutes ago
- Kasich back in New Hampshire with nostalgia, eye on future Associated Press - 2 hours 4 minutes ago
- North Carolina warily watching 2 tropical weather systems Associated Press - 2 hours 11 minutes ago
- German EU commissioner 'wouldn't bet big money on Brexit' Associated Press - 2 hours 29 minutes ago
- Penn State tries to move forward without abandoning Paterno Associated Press - 2 hours 52 minutes ago
- IS buried thousands in 72 mass graves, AP finds Associated Press - 2 hours 54 minutes ago
- Iowa at center of debate over 'shadow insurance' deals Associated Press - 3 hours ago
- Offshore wind sails forward, but a different story on land Associated Press - 4 hours ago
- Brazil's Rousseff defends self ahead of Senate's ouster vote Associated Press - 5 hours ago
- Brazil's president proclaims innocence at impeachment trial Associated Press - 5 hours ago
- AP Top Extended Financial Headlines at 11:40 p.m. EDT Associated Press - 5 hours ago
Foot Locker is set to open Tuesday its newly redesigned store in Manhattan, its hometown as it looks to create a better shopping experience
- Asian stocks mostly rise on hopes for higher US rates Associated Press - 5 hours ago
- Human Rights Watch: Palestinians abuse media, activists Associated Press - 5 hours ago
JERUSALEM (AP) — Palestinian authorities are silencing dissent by cracking down on free speech and abusing local journalists and activists critical of their policies, a leading international human rights group said Tuesday.
- Slain New Mexico girl's relatives mystified over mom's role Associated Press - 6 hours ago
- 2 slain nuns remembered for helping the needy Associated Press - 6 hours ago
- Judge: Kim Dotcom can livestream legal fight against the US Associated Press - 7 hours ago
- Reid asks FBI to probe threat of Russian election tampering Associated Press - 7 hours ago
- Kaepernick's decision to sit through anthem scrutinized Associated Press - 7 hours ago
- Markets-At-A-Glance Associated Press - 7 hours ago
A snapshot of major stock and commodities market indicators Monday: 2,162 advances, 822 declines Most Active: Bank of America 15.84 +0.05 Comp Sales: 2,590,333,786 Arca Comp Sales: 819,580,249 1,757 advances, ...
- Actor Gene Wilder, star of Mel Brooks movies, dies at 83 Associated Press - 7 hours ago
- FBI warns of possible state election-system hacks Associated Press - 8 hours ago
- Bill to increase farm overtime moves to California governor Associated Press - 8 hours ago
SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) — Four decades after he signed the nation's first law giving farmworkers collective bargaining rights, California Gov. Jerry Brown will again consider a historic proposal calling for farmworkers to receive the same overtime pay as other hourly workers, after the Assembly approved legislation …
- American's No. 2 executive departs for United Airlines Associated Press - 8 hours ago
- Police probe brawl that killed college student after party Associated Press - 8 hours ago
- Airport scare hard to avoid with cascade of false reports Associated Press - 8 hours ago
- Court dismisses data speed reduction suit against AT&T Associated Press - 8 hours ago
A federal appeals court has dismissed a lawsuit by federal officials that claimed AT&T misled millions of smartphone customers with unlimited data plans who had their Internet speeds cut. The 9th U.S. ...
- Clinton aide Abedin dumps husband Weiner over new scandal Associated Press - 9 hours ago
- Suddenly unsure on immigration, Trump trying to clear it up Associated Press - 9 hours ago
- Clinton proposes plan to address mental health treatment Associated Press - 9 hours ago
- Prospect Capital beats Street 4Q forecasts Associated Press - 10 hours ago
The New York-based company said it had net income of 27 cents per share. Earnings, adjusted for investment gains, were 26 cents per share. The results exceeded Wall Street expectations. The average estimate ...
- Icahn rejects union bid to keep Trump Taj Mahal casino open Associated Press - 10 hours ago
Billionaire investor Carl Icahn rejected an offer Monday by Atlantic City's main casino workers' union that it says would have saved the struggling Trump Taj Mahal casino. Through a local official of the ...
- Mondelez says it ended talks to buy Hershey Associated Press - 10 hours ago
- Business Highlights Associated Press - 11 hours ago
___ Mylan launching cheaper, generic version of EpiPen The maker of EpiPens will start selling a cheaper, generic version of the emergency allergy shots as the furor over repeated U.S. price hikes continues ...
- Last chance? Obama administration proposes health law fixes Associated Press - 11 hours ago
In one of its last chances to tinker with the president's signature health care law, the Obama administration Monday proposed a series of fixes and adjustments for 2018, when the White House will have ...
- Wal-Mart: Pepper spray, not rotting fruit, forced evacuation Associated Press - 11 hours ago
A Wal-Mart spokeswoman says a can of pepper spray is the suspected culprit for the evacuation of an Alabama store. The store was evacuated Sunday in Millbrook, 10 miles north of Montgomery, after customers ...
- Yale grad students file petition seeking union certification Associated Press - 11 hours ago
NEW HAVEN, Conn. (AP) — Yale University graduate students on Monday petitioned the National Labor Relations Board for union recognition, saying they have organized to address concerns surrounding pay and benefits and give themselves a stronger voice in university affairs.
- Race for Facebook data center raises tax-break questions Associated Press - 11 hours ago
SALT LAKE CITY (AP) — The race between a small town on the Rio Grande in New Mexico and a Salt Lake City suburb to entice a new Facebook data center with millions of dollars in tax breaks and subsidies is raising questions about public investments in a booming cloud-computing economy that typically brings few local job …
- Fox News calls Tantaros an 'opportunist' in lawsuit response Associated Press - 11 hours ago