- Yen Climbs Amid Speculation on Fed Stimulus; Aussie Dollar Drops @ Bloomberg - 6 hours ago
The yen rallied the most in a year against the dollar as speculation the U.S. Federal Reserve will reduce stimulus that has boosted global markets spurred declines in riskier assets that may have risen ...
- Canada Dollar Drops 3rd Week on Bets Risk Assets Outpace Growth @ Bloomberg - 6 hours ago
The Canadian dollar touched the weakest level in a year against its U.S. counterpart amid investor concern that gains in riskier assets have outpaced global economic growth.
- P&G Looks for Steve Jobs-Like Sequel by Recalling Ex-CEO @ Bloomberg - 6 hours ago
Procter & Gamble Co.’s move this week to hire back A.G. Lafley as its chief executive officer recalls the successful returns of former leaders from Steve Jobs to Starbucks Corp.’s Howard Schultz.
- Siga Ruled Liable for Breaking PharmAthene Drug Contract @ Bloomberg - 9 hours ago
Siga Technologies Inc. is liable for breaking its contractual obligations to negotiate in good faith a licensing agreement for a smallpox medicine with PharmAthene Inc., the Delaware Supreme Court ruled....
- Commander Said to Condone Affairs at Missile Base Probed @ Bloomberg - 9 hours ago
The Army is investigating the commander of a battalion at the nation’s primary missile-defense base for condoning sexual affairs at the remote facility in Alaska, creating what subordinates called a “toxic ...
- Asia Stocks Cap Worst Week Since XXXX; Japan Plunges @ Bloomberg - 10 hours ago
Asian equities fell the most since July this week as Chinese manufacturing data missed estimates and amid concern that the U.S. might begin to unwind stimulus. Japanese shares had the largest one-day plunge ...
- Google Said to Consider Buying Waze Presaging Bidding War @ Bloomberg - 10 hours ago
Google Inc., maker of the Android operating system, is considering buying map-software provider Waze Inc., setting up a possible bidding war with Facebook Inc., people familiar with the matter said.
- `Arrested Development' Returns to Netflix @ Bloomberg - 11 hours ago
May 24 (Bloomberg) -- Horizon Media Senor Vice President of Research Brad Adgate discusses the business of Netflix's "Arrested Development" with Jon Erlichman on Bloomberg Television's "Bloomberg ...
- Latour ’82 Cases With Petrus Magnum Top Sotheby’s Auction @ Bloomberg - 11 hours ago
Five cases of Chateau Latour 1982 from Bordeaux’s Pauillac region fetched 12,925 pounds ($19,540) each to lead bids at a Sotheby’s wine sale in London this week as a double magnum of Chateau Petrus 1982 ...
- Petrus 2009 to Lead Christie’s NYC Sale With Lafite ’82 @ Bloomberg - 11 hours ago
A case of Chateau Petrus 2009 Pomerol carrying an upper estimate of $40,000 is top lot at a Christie’s International Plc auction in New York on May 30-31, along with Bordeaux first-growth producers and ...
- Yahoo Submits Bid for Hulu @ Bloomberg - 11 hours ago
May 24 (Bloomberg) -- Yahoo submitted an offer for Hulu the online video site, according to a person with knowledge of the situation, expanding the number of suitors for the service to at least seven. ...
- Warburg Would Reap Threefold Return in Bausch Transaction @ Bloomberg - 11 hours ago
Warburg Pincus LLC would reap more than a threefold return on its $1.7 billion equity investment in Bausch & Lomb Inc. if talks to sell the eye-care company for $9 billion bear fruit, a person with knowledge ...
- Washington Gov. on Efforts to Restore I-5 Corridor @ Bloomberg - 12 hours ago
May 24 (Bloomberg) -- Washington Governor Jay Inslee and other officials speak at a news conference about efforts to restore the Interstate 5 corridor following the collapse of a major bridge over the ...
- Arizona Sheriff Violated Latinos’ Rights, Judge Rules @ Bloomberg - 12 hours ago
Joe Arpaio, the sheriff of Maricopa County, Arizona, violated the constitutional rights of Latinos who were stopped and detained as part of a crackdown on illegal immigrants, a federal judge said.
- Tudor’s Jones Apologizes for Remarks on Female Traders @ Bloomberg - 12 hours ago
Paul Tudor Jones, the billionaire investor who sought yesterday to clarify remarks that drew protests, apologized for saying that women can’t compete with men as macro traders after having children.
- Horace Mann Issues Apology for Decades of Abuse by Teachers @ Bloomberg - 12 hours ago
Horace Mann School, an elite prep school in New York City, issued an apology for decades of abuse of students by teachers and administrators, without agreeing to the independent investigation sought by ...
- Berkshire’s Weschler Holds Almost $150 Million of DaVita @ Bloomberg - 12 hours ago
Warren Buffett’s Berkshire Hathaway Inc., the largest shareholder in DaVita HealthCare Partners Inc., said deputy stock picker Ted Weschler has a personal holding in the dialysis provider valued at almost ...
- News Corp. to Write Down Publishing Unit by up to $1.4 Billion @ Bloomberg - 12 hours ago
News Corp., the media company controlled by billionaire Rupert Murdoch, expects to write down the value of its publishing business by $1.2 billion to $1.4 billion this quarter.
- More Women Drinking Whiskey, Pernod Ricard CEO Says @ Bloomberg - 12 hours ago
May 24 (Bloomberg) -- Bryan Fry, chief executive officer of Pernod Ricard USA, talks about the company's products including Jameson whiskey, marketing strategy and female consumers. He speaks with Adam ...
- PJM Says Reliability Costs Fell on Eastern Grid in Auction @ Bloomberg - 12 hours ago
PJM Interconnection LLC, which runs the largest U.S. power grid, said consumer costs to insure adequate generating capacity in the year starting June 2016 will drop 56 percent amid competition from new ...
- Holder Involved in Move to Seek Fox Reporter’s Records @ Bloomberg - 12 hours ago
U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder took part in the decision to seek a search warrant for a Fox News reporter’s e-mails in a leak investigation, the Justice Department said.
- Argentina Bond Judge Won't Rule on Citigroup Request @ Bloomberg - 13 hours ago
The U.S. judge overseeing litigation over Argentine debt said he won’t agree to Citigroup Inc.’s request that he declare whether the bank is affected by his order barring payments to holders of restructured ...
- Airlines May Delay Emissions Measure for Extra Year: ICAO @ Bloomberg - 13 hours ago
Airline industry agreement on a standard measure of aircraft greenhouse-gas emissions may be delayed at least a year for more research, according to the International Civil Aviation Organization.
- Met Director Decries Detroit Bid to Pillage Own Museum @ Bloomberg - 13 hours ago
The Metropolitan Museum of Art has joined the Detroit Institute of Arts in opposing any plan for the Michigan city to sell billions of dollars of museum masterpieces to plug a deficit.
- Bausch & Lomb Unit Pays $33.5 Million in Misbranding Case @ Bloomberg - 13 hours ago
Ista Pharmaceuticals Inc., a unit of Bausch & Lomb Inc. that makes medicine to treat eye ailments, agreed to pay $33.5 million to resolve federal claims of misbranding and paying kickbacks related to the ...
- Futures Traders Increase Bets on Yen Decline to Most Since 2007 @ Bloomberg - 13 hours ago
Futures traders increased bets that the yen will weaken against the dollar to the most since July 2007 as speculation rises that the U.S. is moving closer to reducing monetary stimulus.
- Fox Reality Chief Darnell to Depart After ‘Idol’ Ratings Slide @ Bloomberg - 13 hours ago
News Corp.’s Fox broadcast network said its reality-TV chief Mike Darnell is stepping down after a decline in “American Idol” ratings this year.
- Fannie Mae Profiting as Market Middleman Angers Lenders @ Bloomberg - 13 hours ago
Fannie Mae is snatching potential profits away from mortgage lenders as it posts record earnings that are fueling industry concern the government-backed company is regaining its swagger even as lawmakers ...
- Deep Earth Plans Canada’s First Geothermal Power Amid Oil Wells @ Bloomberg - 13 hours ago
Deep Earth Energy Production Corp., a closely help developer, is planning Canada’s first geothermal power plant that will tap into heat resources underneath oil and natural gas fields in Saskatchewan, ...
- Sen. Levin's Crackdown On Apple @ Bloomberg - 13 hours ago
May 24 (Bloomberg) -- After accusing Apple of stashing cash overseas, what will Michigan Senator Carl Levin do about it? In an interview with Peter Cook on Sunday's Bloomberg Government's "Capitol ...
- Gasoline in Los Angeles Weakens for Third Day to Six-Week Low @ Bloomberg - 13 hours ago
Spot gasoline in Los Angeles declined against futures for a third day to the lowest level in more than six weeks as refineries restored production after repairs.
- N.Y.-N.J. Port Authority Said to Fire Treasurer for Taking Gifts @ Bloomberg - 13 hours ago
The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey fired its treasurer and two of her staff members for accepting meals and theater tickets on local and international trips, said a person familiar with the ...
- Neymar Wants to Complete Santos Contract as Barcelona Negotiates @ Bloomberg - 13 hours ago
Neymar, Brazil’s most marketable soccer player, wants to complete the final year of his contract with Santos rather than move to Europe during the offseason, his manager said today.
- P&G Says A.G. Lafley Rejoins as Chairman, CEO @ Bloomberg - 13 hours ago
Procter & Gamble Co. is replacing Chief Executive Officer Bob McDonald with his predecessor, A.G. Lafley, as the world’s largest consumer-products maker struggles to rekindle growth at home and abroad....
- The Top Ten Stocks for May 24 @ Bloomberg - 13 hours ago
May 24 (Bloomberg) -- Bloomberg’s Alix Steel, Adam Johnson and Julie Hyman report on today’s ten most important stocks including The Gap, Sears and Procter & Gamble. (Source: Bloomberg)
- Soybeans Drop After Rally Spurs Farmer Sales; Wheat Declines @ Bloomberg - 13 hours ago
Soybeans fell the most in three weeks as the highest prices this year prompted U.S. farmers to boost sales and processors offered smaller premiums for deliveries. Wheat futures also slid while corn rose....
- Miami Beach Hotel Owner Can Remove Marriott, Court Rules @ Bloomberg - 13 hours ago
Marriott International Inc., the largest publicly traded U.S. hotel chain, can be removed as manager of the Eden Roc Renaissance Hotel in Miami Beach, Florida, a New York court ruled.
- Berkshire’s Witmer Buys Shares After Joining Buffett’s Board @ Bloomberg - 14 hours ago
Meryl Witmer, the newest director at Warren Buffett’s Berkshire Hathaway Inc., acquired more than $1 million in the company’s stock after joining the board this month.
- Balchunas on the Plunge in 2013’s `Rock Star’ ETF (Audio) @ Bloomberg - 14 hours ago
The most popular exchange-traded fund so far this year dropped for the week as Japanese shares retreated. Bloomberg analyst Eric Balchunas discusses an alternative to the WisdomTree Japan Hedged Equity ...
- Google Said to Face New Antitrust Probe Over Display Ads @ Bloomberg - 14 hours ago
Google Inc. is facing a new antitrust probe by the U.S. Federal Trade Commission into whether the company is using its leadership in the online display- advertising market to illegally curb competition, ...
- Lagarde Averts Being Charged in Sarkozy-Ally Arbitration Probe @ Bloomberg - 14 hours ago
International Monetary Fund Managing Director Christine Lagarde averted being charged by a Paris court investigating her decision to allow an arbitration that benefited a supporter of former President ...
- Colombia Senators Drop America Movil Antitrust Proposal @ Bloomberg - 14 hours ago
Colombian lawmakers shelved a bill designed to challenge the dominance of America Movil SAB in the mobile-phone industry, a victory for a company besieged by regulatory crackdowns in Latin America.
- Salesforce Forecasts Miss Estimates on Weak Software @ Bloomberg - 14 hours ago
Salesforce.com Inc., the largest maker of online customer-management tools, forecast profit for the fiscal second quarter that missed some analysts’ estimates as companies curtail spending on new business ...
- Citigroup Presses AMR to Decide on Credit-Card Tie @ Bloomberg - 14 hours ago
Citigroup Inc. asked the judge overseeing American Airlines’ bankruptcy to force the carrier to decide by July 2 whether to retain the bank’s partnership in its loyalty credit-card and mileage program ...
- California Rejects Tax on Ammunition for Third Time @ Bloomberg - 14 hours ago
California lawmakers turned down a proposed tax on ammunition for the third time in a decade, while keeping alive a bill to require that buyers undergo background checks.
- No Cracks in Toronto Finances as Ford Fights Allegations @ Bloomberg - 14 hours ago
Toronto Mayor Rob Ford’s allegations of cocaine use, which has become material for U.S. late-night comedy sketches and prompted calls for his resignation, hasn’t impaired the city’s finances.
- How to Play Tiffany Ahead of Earnings @ Bloomberg - 14 hours ago
May 24 (Bloomberg) -- Morningstar Investment's Paul Swinand, Trading Advantage's Alan Knuckman and Bloomberg's Dominic Chu preview Tiffany's earnings on Bloomberg Television's "Street Smart." ...
- Visa, MasterCard Sue Swipe Fee Deal Dropouts, Seek Ruling @ Bloomberg - 14 hours ago
Visa Inc., MasterCard Inc. and several major banks filed a lawsuit seeking a ruling that interchange fees and merchant policies didn’t violate U.S. antitrust law. The lawsuit specifically targets price-fixing ...
- California Panel Shelves Condom Rule for Porn Makers @ Bloomberg - 14 hours ago
A California Assembly committee set aside a bill that would have required actors in pornographic productions to wear condoms and other protective gear.
- Winteam to Buy Tongjitang Medicine for $393 Million @ Bloomberg - 14 hours ago
Winteam Pharmaceutical Group Ltd., a maker of drugs in China, will buy a producer of traditional Chinese medicine for as much as HK$3.05 billion ($393 million) to gain products including an osteoporosis ...