- Google's Next Moonshot: Bloomberg West (12/04) @ Bloomberg - 14 minutes ago
Dec. 4 (Bloomberg) -- Full episode of "Bloomberg West." Guests include Piper Jaffray's Gene Munster, Yahoo Chairman Maynard Webb, Asymco's Horace Dediu and Bloomberg Contributing Editor Nicholas ...
- The Top Ten Stocks for Thursday, December 5 @ Bloomberg - 20 minutes ago
Dec. 5 (Bloomberg) -- Bloomberg's Betty Liu, Scarlet Fu and Julie Hyman report on today's ten most important stocks on Bloomberg Television's "In The Loop."
- Jaguar Land Rover Plans $392 Million Car Plant in Brazil @ Bloomberg - 26 minutes ago
Jaguar Land Rover, the luxury-vehicle division of India’s Tata Motors Ltd., signed an agreement to build a 240 million-pound ($392 million) factory in Brazil with capacity to produce as many as 24,000 ...
- Kroger Meets Estimates, Concerned by Food Stamp Cut @ Bloomberg - 26 minutes ago
Dec. 5 (Bloomberg) -- Michael Schlotman, CFO at Kroger discusses third-quarter results on Bloomberg Television’s “In The Loop.”
- U.S. Mortgage Rates Jump to Highest Since September @ Bloomberg - 32 minutes ago
U.S. mortgage rates jumped to the highest since September as investors speculated that the Federal Reserve will slow bond purchases aimed at keeping borrowing costs down.
- Wilbur Ross Said to Postpone IAC Auto Supplier IPO Until 2014 @ Bloomberg - 33 minutes ago
Billionaire Wilbur Ross’s auto supplier International Automotive Components Group SA is delaying its initial public offering until 2014, said two people with knowledge of the matter.
- MGIC Leads Mortgage Insurer Rally as Goldman Says Buy @ Bloomberg - 40 minutes ago
MGIC Investment Corp. and Radian Group Inc. jumped in New York trading after Goldman Sachs Group Inc. recommended investors buy the shares, citing the potential for sales growth amid an improving housing ...
- GM Pulls Chevy from Europe to Strengthen Opal Brand @ Bloomberg - 45 minutes ago
Dec. 5 (Bloomberg) -- In today’s “Movers & Shakers,” Betty Liu reports on General Motors vice chairman Stephen Girsky pulling the Chevrolet brand from sale in Europe on Bloomberg Television’s “In The Loop.”...
- Ford’s 50th Anniversary Mustang: Leaner Muscle Car @ Bloomberg - 50 minutes ago
Dec. 5 (Bloomberg) -- Bloomberg’s Matt Miller previews today’s unveiling of Ford’s 50th anniversary Mustang on Bloomberg Television’s “In The Loop.”
- Dreyfus Cash Management Funds Daily Values as of Dec 04, 2013. @ Bloomberg - 50 minutes ago
The following are the closing values for the Dreyfus Cash Management Funds as of Dec 04, 2013.
- DiCaprio to Wilbur Ross Stalk Black Friday for Art World @ Bloomberg - 51 minutes ago
Hollywood producer Brian Grazer, the Oscar winner who has collected art for more than a decade, made his first trip to the Art Basel Miami Beach fair yesterday.
- Unilever Plans to Reduce Product Range by Further 10% in 2014 @ Bloomberg - 56 minutes ago
Unilever, the world’s second-largest consumer-goods maker, said it plans to narrow its product range by at least another 10 percent by the end of 2014.
- Will Taxes Curb Obesity in Mexico? @ Bloomberg - 59 minutes ago
Dec. 05 (Bloomberg) -- Lisa Powell, Professor at the University of Illinois at Chicago, discusses the junk food tax in Mexico and whether it will have an impact on the world’s most obese country. She speaks ...
- ECB Cuts Inflation Forecast as Draghi Pledges Low Rates @ Bloomberg - 59 minutes ago
European Central Bank President Mario Draghi said officials cut their inflation forecast for next year, and signaled that the ECB will keep interest rates low for the foreseeable future.
- Blackstone’s GSO Said to Price Largest European CLO This Year @ Bloomberg - 1 hour 2 minutes ago
Blackstone Group LP, the world’s biggest private-equity firm, priced the largest collateralized loan obligation in Europe this year after it increased the deal by almost 50 percent to meet investor demand....
- Deutsche Bank to Shrink in Commodities as Revenue Slides @ Bloomberg - 1 hour 2 minutes ago
Deutsche Bank AG, Europe’s biggest investment bank, will shrink its commodities trading business as the industry faces tighter regulations and a drop in revenue.
- OSX-OGX Joint Bankruptcy Cases Blocked by Court: Acciona @ Bloomberg - 1 hour 20 minutes ago
A Brazilian court blocked an attempt by two of Eike Batista’s companies to have their creditor protection cases considered jointly at the request of Acciona SA, the Alcobendas, Spain-based company said....
- Ford’s Fields Says Mustang `Has Universal Appeal’ (Audio) @ Bloomberg - 1 hour 25 minutes ago
Mark Fields, chief operating officer of Ford Motor Co., says the new Mustang model has over five and a half million followers on Facebook. Fields talks with Bloomberg's Tom Keene and Matt Miller on Bloomberg ...
- Twitter Names Marjorie Scardino as First Woman to Join Board @ Bloomberg - 1 hour 25 minutes ago
Twitter Inc., the social-media company that went public this year, named former Pearson Plc Chief Executive Officer Marjorie Scardino to its board after criticism that it lacked women in its top ranks....
- Bitcoin Suffers Setback in China @ Bloomberg - 1 hour 28 minutes ago
Dec. 05 (Bloomberg) -- Bloomberg's Betty Liu reports on today's "Top Headlines." She speaks on Bloomberg Television's "In The Loop." (Source: Bloomberg)
- L Brands, Costco November Sales Trail Estimates @ Bloomberg - 1 hour 29 minutes ago
L Brands Inc. and Costco Wholesale Corp. posted November same-store sales that trailed analysts’ projections as retailers poured on steep discounts to entice wary shoppers.
- Is Jeff Bezos a Threat to the Financial Industry? @ Bloomberg - 1 hour 31 minutes ago
Dec. 5 (Bloomberg) -- Tim Adams, president & CEO at Institute of International Finance and John Borthwick, CEO at Betaworks, discuss how Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos can disrupt the financial industry on Bloomberg ...
- Qantas Risks Credit Rating Cut as Fight With Virgin Drains Cash @ Bloomberg - 1 hour 32 minutes ago
Qantas Airways Ltd., one of just two airlines globally to be judged investment-grade by more than one ratings company, risks losing that status as losses mount amid a market share battle with Virgin Australia ...
- Ford Mustang Has `Universal Appeal': Fields @ Bloomberg - 1 hour 37 minutes ago
Dec. 5 (Bloomberg) -- Mark Fields, chief operating officer of Ford Motor Co., talks about the Mustang. Ford today unveiled a revamped Mustang, which boasts a sleeker look and will debut on four continents. ...
- CBOE Targets Extending VIX into Asian Hours Next Year @ Bloomberg - 1 hour 48 minutes ago
CBOE Holdings Inc. will extend the operation of its benchmark VIX futures index into Asian trading hours next year, according to the chief executive officer of the largest U.S. options market.
- Economy in U.S. Grows at 3.6% Rate on Bigger Inventory Build @ Bloomberg - 1 hour 52 minutes ago
The U.S. economy expanded in the third quarter at a faster pace than initially reported, led by the biggest increase in inventories since early 1998. Consumer spending slowed.
- Cook Visiting China May Have Sealed Deal: Forte @ Bloomberg - 1 hour 54 minutes ago
Dec. 05 (Bloomberg) -- Thomas Forte, Senior Research Analyst at Telsey Advisory Group, discusses a possible deal between China Mobile and Apple, and the ramifications for both companies. He speaks on Bloomberg ...
- Kobe Bryant: What It Takes to Wear My Shoes @ Bloomberg - 1 hour 56 minutes ago
Dec. 5 (Bloomberg) -- As Nike unveils the new Kobe 9 sneakers, Kobe Bryant speaks to Bloomberg's Jon Erlichman about his personal fitness routine, the LA Lakers, and who he'd choose as his own basketball ...
- Lilly Says Depression Drug Failed to Meet Studies’ Goals @ Bloomberg - 1 hour 58 minutes ago
Eli Lilly & Co. will end development of the depression medicine edivoxetine as an add-on therapy after the drug failed to meet goals in three studies.
- Hayman's Bass: `Catalytic Time' to Invest in GM @ Bloomberg - 2 hours 9 minutes ago
Dec. 5 (Bloomberg) -- J. Kyle Bass, founder of Hayman Capital Management LP, says it's a "catalytic time" to invest in General Motors Co. as the U.S. winds down its ownership role. Scarlet Fu ...
- Takeda’s Inflammatory Bowel Drug’s Risks Questioned @ Bloomberg - 2 hours 12 minutes ago
Takeda Pharmaceutical Co.’s experimental drug vedolizumab faces U.S. concerns that its potential risks outweigh its benefits in treating the two most common inflammatory bowel diseases.
- Barclays's Kaplowitz, Jones's Arnold on Deer Buyback (Audio) @ Bloomberg - 2 hours 22 minutes ago
Andy Kaplowitz, analyst at Barclays, and Matt Arnold, analyst at Edward Jones, discuss Deere & Co.'s plan to repurchase as much as $8 billion in stock. Kaplowitz and Arnold talked with Bloomberg's Pimm ...
- Veolia Plans to Sell Water Construction Unit Sade, Union Says @ Bloomberg - 2 hours 22 minutes ago
Veolia Environnement SA, Europe’s largest water and waste utility, plans to sell a unit that designs and builds water and sewage installations, a union said.
- Eni’s Scaroni Meets Iran Minister for Future Oil Work @ Bloomberg - 2 hours 23 minutes ago
Paulo Scaroni, chief executive of Italy’s biggest oil company Eni SpA, said he had a “fairly long and warm meeting” with Iran’s petroleum minister to discuss possible future energy projects and money owed ...
- Time Warner Cable Names Insight’s Dinni Jain as Operating Chief @ Bloomberg - 2 hours 26 minutes ago
Time Warner Cable Inc. named former Insight Communications executive Dinni Jain as its chief operating officer, filling a role that will be vacated by incoming Chief Executive Officer Rob Marcus.
- Suicide Bombing in Somalia’s Puntland Region Kills 10 People @ Bloomberg - 2 hours 30 minutes ago
At least 10 people died in a suicide bombing by suspected al-Shabaab militants in a port city in Somalia’s Puntland region, the government said.
- German Stocks Little Changed as ECB Maintains Rate @ Bloomberg - 2 hours 34 minutes ago
German stocks were little changed, halting three days of losses, as investors awaited tomorrow’s U.S. payrolls data and as the European Central Bank left its key interest rate unchanged at a record low....
- Osborne to Tax Capital Gains on Home Sales by Non-Residents @ Bloomberg - 2 hours 35 minutes ago
Chancellor of the Exchequer George Osborne said he will impose capital-gains taxes on “future gains” from home sales made by people living outside of the U.K. starting in April 2015 as the government seeks ...
- KKR’s ATU to Be Taken Over by Lenders in Debt Restructuring @ Bloomberg - 2 hours 38 minutes ago
ATU Auto-Teile-Unger, the German car- repair chain owned by KKR & Co., will be taken over by lenders following a debt restructuring.
- Near-Record Wind Helps Renewables Supply a Third of German Power @ Bloomberg - 2 hours 43 minutes ago
Near-record output from wind farms helped Germany get more than a third of its electricity from renewables today as a storm from Scandinavia battered the nation’s northern coast.
- China Mobile's Fast Grab at World Dominance @ Bloomberg - 2 hours 46 minutes ago
Dec. 5 (Bloomberg) -- China Mobile, the world's largest mobile service provider, was just granted a 4G license by the Chinese government, bringing the company one step closer to a potential distribution ...
- North Sea Divers Awarded Norway Damages by Human Rights Court @ Bloomberg - 2 hours 47 minutes ago
The European Court of Human Rights ruled that Norway, western Europe’s biggest oil producer, failed to inform North Sea divers about possible health risks, awarding them as much as $79,000 each in damages ...
- Romania Braces for `Shock' on Bad Loans After Bank Probe @ Bloomberg - 3 hours ago
Romania’s banking industry will witness a ‘‘shock’’ increase in its non-performing loan ratio in the last two months of this year following a central bank investigation into lenders’ practices on reporting ...
- Lew Says Volcker Rule Meets Obama’s Goals in Financial Oversight @ Bloomberg - 3 hours ago
Treasury Secretary Jacob J. Lew said the Volcker rule banning banks’ proprietary trading that regulators plan to vote on next week is sufficiently tough to meet the administration’s goal of helping strengthen ...
- Zurich Insurance Cuts Profit Target, Sees Business Sale @ Bloomberg - 3 hours ago
Zurich Insurance Group AG, Switzerland’s largest insurer, lowered its profit goal as Chief Executive Officer Martin Senn signaled he’s ready to sell some businesses to bolster earnings growth.
- Banks Cut Raw-Materials Staff to Fewest Since ’09: Commodities @ Bloomberg - 3 hours ago
The biggest banks are employing the fewest commodity traders, salespeople and analysts in at least four years as tighter regulations and the second drop in prices since 2001 spur cutbacks.
- VTB Third-Quarter Profit Misses Estimates on Bad Loan Provisions @ Bloomberg - 3 hours ago
VTB Group, Russia’s second-biggest bank, said third-quarter profit slid 24 percent, missing analysts’ estimates, as it increased bad loan provisions.
- Toronto-Dominion Profit Rises on Domestic Banking @ Bloomberg - 3 hours ago
Toronto-Dominion Bank, Canada’s second-largest lender, said fiscal fourth-quarter profit rose 1.3 percent as domestic retail banking and wealth-management earnings increased.
- Shale Explorer Farms Into Scottish Power Area in North England @ Bloomberg - 3 hours ago
Egdon Resources Plc, a U.K. shale explorer, has agreed to evaluate the potential of energy resources in Scottish Power Ltd.’s licenses in northern England.
- Apple Will Transform China Mobile: Borthwick @ Bloomberg - 3 hours ago
Dec. 5 (Bloomberg) -- Tim Adams, president & CEO at Institute of International Finance and John Borthwick, CEO at Betaworks, discuss regulatory changes expected in 2014 and the impact of Apple on China ...