- Stocks Seen Down Ahead of Fed Speeches and Retail Earnings @ CNBC - 16 minutes ago
Following modest Monday losses, investors are eyeing a possible extension of an unusual record: a 19th consecutive Tuesday gain for the Dow Jones Industrial Average. A gain by the Dow today would also ...
- US Futures Point Down as Investors Await Fed News @ CNBC - 26 minutes ago
U.S. futures signaled a flat-to-lower Wall Street open on Tuesday, as markets in Europe and Asia remained cautious ahead of Federal Reserve chief Ben Bernanke's testimony to the Senate on Wednesday.
- Low Corporation Tax 'Crucial Profit Driver' @ CNBC - 32 minutes ago
Falling corporation tax has been a key driver of profitability over the last two decades, increasing pressure on CEOs to reduce their company's tax bill, Markit's Will Duff-Gordon told CNBC on Tuesday....
- Europe Lower on Fed Fears; FTSE Hits New High @ CNBC - 56 minutes ago
European shares were lower in morning trade on Tuesday as investors paused for breath, but the U.K.'s FTSE 100 Index bucked the trend by rallying to a 13-year high.
- [video] Apple Remains World's Most Valuable Brand @ CNBC - 1 hour 8 minutes ago
Robin Headlee, vice president at Millwardbrown Optimor, tells CNBC that Apple's brand value is still higher than Google's, a reflection of how brand is much less volatile than market sentiment.
- Goldman Sachs Upgrades S&P 500 Targets @ CNBC - 1 hour 13 minutes ago
Goldman Sachs has upgraded its target for the S&P 500, forecasting that the U.S. benchmark index will climb a further 5 percent to 1750 by year-end, from an initial estimate of 1625.
- [video] Shortselling: 'a Nightmare Right Now': Pro @ CNBC - 1 hour 23 minutes ago
Will Duff Gordon, research director at Markit, tells CNBC that the rising tide and record bull market mean that being a short seller is 'a nightmare right now'.
- [video] Who Are the Tax Winners & Losers? @ CNBC - 1 hour 23 minutes ago
Will Duff Gordon, research director at Markit, talks to CNBC about the fall in corporation tax and the impact it has on company profitability.
- [video] Vodafone Hit by Southern Europe: Pro @ CNBC - 1 hour 51 minutes ago
Paul Kavanagh, partner and senior market at Killik & Co, tells CNBC that VodafoneÂ¿s business has been hit by its focus on Southern Europe.
- A Setback Too Far: G4S Chief Departs @ CNBC - 1 hour 52 minutes ago
After last summer's Olympics fiasco and a warning that 2013 would yield lower-than-expected profits, security firm G4S announced on Tuesday that chief executive Nick Buckles would step down at the end ...
- Goldman Sees 'Gradual Rotation' Into Stocks @ CNBC - 1 hour 53 minutes ago
Calls earlier in the year for a "great rotation" into stocks from fixed income may have been a little premature, but Goldman Sachs' replacement for Jim O'Neill says there will be a "gradual ...
- [video] Why the Rotation Is 'Gradual' @ CNBC - 2 hours 23 minutes ago
Sheila Patel, head of international at Goldman Sachs Asset Management, says that the rotation is "gradual" and not "great", with money slowing moving back into stocks.
- Asia Ends Mixed; Bernanke in Focus @ CNBC - 2 hours 42 minutes ago
Caution prevailed in Asian trade on Tuesday as investors grow concerned about the duration of global monetary stimulus ahead of Federal Reserve chief Ben Bernanke's testimony to the U.S Senate.
- [video] European Market Opens Lower @ CNBC - 2 hours 53 minutes ago
European shares opened lower on Tuesday as investors in the U.K. await the latest inflation data.
- [video] Why Holding Cash Is 'Financial Suicide' @ CNBC - 2 hours 53 minutes ago
Ewen Cameron Watt, chief investment strategist for the BlackRock Investment Institute, explains why holding money in cash is "financial suicide", and why weÂ¿re seeing a "bondization" ...
- [video] G4S New CEO Has 'Tough Job' Ahead: Pro @ CNBC - 3 hours ago
Michael Van Dulken, head of research at Accendo Markets, discusses G4S following the announcement that its CEO is retiring and says the change of leadership could lead to restructuring.
- CCTV Script 21/05/2013 @ CNBC - 3 hours ago
This is the script of CNBC's news report for China's CCTV on May 21, Tuesday.
- [video] Why Sovereign Funds Are Investing in Russian Banks @ CNBC - 3 hours ago
Andrey Kostin, chairman and CEO at VTB Bank, talks about Qatar's $1 billion investment in VTB and why the Russian banking sector needs to source funds from around the world.
- Come On, Give the Aussie Dollar a Break: Pros CNBC - 3 hours ago
Australia's dollar has received its fair share of whacking lately and perhaps it's time to give the currency a bit of a break, currency strategists say.
- [video] Vodafone Can't Rely on EM to Offset Europe: Pro @ CNBC - 3 hours ago
Emeka Obiodu, principal industry, communication and broadcast analyst at Ovum, talks about Vodafone's earning, its European challenges and why emerging markets can no longer offset struggling Europe.
- G4S CEO Nick Buckles to Step Down on May 31, to Be Replaced by Ashley Almanza @ CNBC - 3 hours ago
Security firm G4S said on Tuesday that CEO Nick Buckles would step down on May 31, 2013. He will be replaced by Ashley Almanza. This story is developing. Please check back for further updates. Click here ...
- [video] Pressure To Find Verizon Deal 'Astute': Pro @ CNBC - 3 hours ago
George Godber, fund manager at Miton Group, discusses why Vodafone is taking so long to reach a deal for Verizon and says Vodafone will see some kind of value realisation in the next 12 months.
- Baby Blues in Europe as Birth Rate Declines @ CNBC - 3 hours ago
The latest report from Europe's main statistics agency suggests that the European financial crisis has had an impact on birth rates across the continent since 2008, data supported by evidence from European ...
- Jon Stewart's Humor a Hit with Millions of Envious Chinese @ CNBC - 3 hours ago
Humor may not always translate well, but Jon Stewart is picking up millions of fans in China, where his gloves-off political satire is refreshing for many in a country where such criticism is a rarity ...
- [video] The Business of Space @ CNBC - 4 hours ago
CNBC's Tom MacKenzie reports on the appointment of the first ever British astronaut, Major Tim Peake, selected from over 8,000 applicants for a five-month mission in 2015.
- [video] Prague's Love Train @ CNBC - 4 hours ago
The Czech Republic's capital, Prague, has found an unusual way to get people to use public transport: its metro system has launched "love carriages" where singles travellers can meet prospective ...
- [video] Investors 'Wary' of US Bonds: Pro @ CNBC - 4 hours ago
Peter Chatwell, interest rate startegist at Credit Agricole Corporate and Investment Bank, explains why he expects bond yields to remain lower in Europe than in the U.S.
- Vodafone Silent on Verizon, Posts Fall in Revenue @ CNBC - 4 hours ago
Vodafone posted its largest ever quarterly fall in key organic service revenue on Tuesday, down 4.2 percent, the worst fall in its main sales measurement since the company started using that metric in ...
- [video] Can Brazil Sustain Its Growth? @ CNBC - 4 hours ago
James Lockhart Smith, principal analyst for Latin America at Maplecroft, says the Brazilian bank run highlights growth and credit issues in the Latin American country.
- [video] 'Very Positive on Dollar Going Forward': Pro @ CNBC - 4 hours ago
Derek Halpenny, European head of global currency research at Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ, expects some lightening up of positioning on the U.S. dollar ahead of the Fed's minutes but remains positive long-term....
- South Africa Risks Downgrade as Rand Tumbles @ CNBC - 4 hours ago
Further unrest in the South African mining sector has increased the chances of another credit rating downgrade, an analyst told CNBC, after worried investors dumped the nation's currency, pushing it to ...
- [video] Should Governments Review Their Tax System? @ CNBC - 4 hours ago
Squawk Box Europe anchors discuss corporate tax following the news that Apple may have avoided paying its "fair share".
- IBM's Watson: The Consumer Answer? @ CNBC - 5 hours ago
Watson, the IBM computing system that conquered Jeopardy! on television, is launching an app business called the Watson Engagement Advisor that can be used to help consumers get answers on mobile devices....
- [video] Markets Are Strong Because Economy Is Weak @ CNBC - 5 hours ago
Roger Nightingale, Economist at RDN Associates says the global economy is in a deceleration phase but markets are being supported by the liquidity. Richard Martin, Managing Director of IMA Asia joins in ...
- Yoshikami: Low Cost China is Old News @ CNBC - 5 hours ago
The low-cost advantage that China once enjoyed is starting to fade. The Chinese are beginning to outsource to India and Africa. What is occurring is a major shift in China's economy where it will no longer ...
- [video] This Is Myanmar's Most Attractive Sector @ CNBC - 5 hours ago
Ken Cheung, Partner at Berwin Leighton Paisner, Singapore says that extractive industries like mining as well oil and gas are the most attractive investment opportunities in Myanmar.
- [video] Is It Time to Buy the Aussie Dollar? @ CNBC - 5 hours ago
Mitul Kotecha, Head of Global FX Strategy at Credit Agricole says there's more downside ahead for the AUD but thinks it's good value against the New Zealand dollar and Canadian dollar.
- Monti: Italy Not Headed for Another Election Soon CNBC - 5 hours ago
Strains have emerged in Italy's new coalition government just weeks after its formation. But, former Prime Minister Mario Monti said he does not believe an election will be called any time soon.
- [video] More Pain Ahead For Europe @ CNBC - 5 hours ago
Richard Martin, Managing Director of IMA Asia says expect more pain, risk and uncertainty for Europe ahead. However he sees a bright spot in the export sector for Europe.
- [video] Expect Tapering Off of QE @ CNBC - 5 hours ago
Richard Martin, Managing Director of IMA Asia says with positive economic data out of the U.S. the Fed will certainly wind down QE at the end of the year.
- [video] India IT Stock Opportunities @ CNBC - 6 hours ago
Nitin Padmanabhan, Analyst, IT & Telecom, India at Espirito Santo Securities tells us how to play Wipro and Tech Mahindra, as well as the Indian tech market
- What Most Entrepreneurs Get Wrong @ CNBC - 6 hours ago
Some of Asia's most successful entrepreneurs confess to their most common mistakes.
- [video] Will Jamie Dimon Stay or Go? @ CNBC - 6 hours ago
Bill Smead, CEO and CIO of Smead Capital Management gives his perspective on the upcoming JPMorgan vote to keep Jamie Dimon as both CEO and Chairman.
- Copper and S&P - Which Has It Wrong? CNBC - 6 hours ago
The big divergence over the past few months in the direction of the S&P 500 and copper, which historically trade in tandem, has one strategist questioning which market is getting it wrong.
- Are Treasurys Falling Out of Favor With China? CNBC - 7 hours ago
Reports that China may step up the diversification of its huge foreign exchange reserves is not great news for U.S. Treasurys, already under pressure from talk about an easing in the Federal Reserve's ...
- [video] Why You Should Remain Invested in US Equities @ CNBC - 7 hours ago
Manpreet Gill, Senior Investment Strategist at Standard Chartered Bank tells CNBC's Cash Flow why he thinks it's important for investors to remain in the U.S. markets.
- [video] Sony Unveils PS4 Teaser Ahead of Xbox Launch @ CNBC - 7 hours ago
Bernie Lo and Oriel Morrison discuss Sony's latest attempt to keep the buzz going on its Playstation 4 ahead of the unveiling of Microsoft's XBox later on Monday.
- [video] Strengthening U.S.-Myanmar Relations @ CNBC - 8 hours ago
Richard Vuylsteke, President of the American Chamber of Commerce in Hong Kong, discusses the challenges still facing Myanmar and U.S. engagement in the country.
- [video] Reading the M&A Tea Leaves @ CNBC - 8 hours ago
Donald Yacktman, President & Co-CIO of Yacktman Asset Management, says recent M&A activity is a sign of the Fed's easy money burning holes in companies' pockets.
- There Is No Silver Lining for Gold @ CNBC - 8 hours ago
The silver chart shows that those who are wishing for a rise in the gold price will be disappointed. The silver downtrend has a high probability of continuing and gold will follow.