- Europe shares mixed after PMI data; Ukraine tensions eyed @ CNBC - 12 minutes ago
European shares were mixed on Monday as investors weighed worse-than-expected manufacturing data for the region and ongoing tensions in Ukraine.
- [video] UK PM introduces new terrorism prevention plans @ CNBC - 46 minutes ago
U.K. Prime Minister, David Cameron, outlines new measures to tackle the raised terrorism threat level - which include the temporary ability to seize passports at the border.
- [video] West must not be weak: Ex UK Army chief @ CNBC - 1 hour 6 minutes ago
Sir Richard Dannatt, former head of the British Army, says that the U.S. and the West need to "exercise leadership" and take a strong stance against Russia's actions in Ukraine.
- [video] European bank lending 'very weak': Pro @ CNBC - 1 hour 16 minutes ago
Alan Higgins, U.K. CIO at Coutts, says the weak euro zone PMI reflects the "very weak" bank lending environment and says a ECB rate cut is more likely than a quantitative easing program.
- Tax inversions are 'shortsighted': Labor secretary @ CNBC - 2 hours 16 minutes ago
Secretary of Labor Thomas Perez said he believes corporate inversions are "unfair and shortsighted."
- Tesco: Might more investors check out? @ CNBC - 2 hours 40 minutes ago
Tesco has long been the risk averse investor's friend, but now a rise in revenue and expansion is looking less certain.
- Private jet: The new way to get to college @ CNBC - 3 hours ago
One company is putting the bling into university travel by offering a $41,500 deal to students wanting to arrive by private jet.
- Ukraine: The struggle between hard and soft power @ CNBC - 3 hours ago
The crisis in Ukraine seems to be slipping closer to all-out war, as Russian President Vladimir Putin called for "statehood" for its disputed region.
- German austerity 'obsession' is wrong: Economist @ CNBC - 4 hours ago
Germany's push for fiscal austerity is preventing the euro zone economy from growing, a leading professor told CNBC on Monday.
- Eyeing that pricey handbag? Prepare to be insulted @ CNBC - 4 hours ago
A new study found luxury customers who had been insulted routinely said they'd pay more for a particular item.
- Euro zone inflation hits 5-year low; ECB action eyed @ CNBC - 4 hours ago
Euro zone inflation continued to fall in August, boosting expectations that the ECB will try bolster the region's economy by announcing more stimulus.
- Asia stocks edge higher in cautious trade; China PMI in focus CNBC - 4 hours ago
Asian stock markets rose on Monday as a positive handover from Wall Street offset disappointing Chinese factory activity data.
- There's gold in them beaches...and books @ CNBC - 5 hours ago
Hundreds of treasure hunters descended on the U.K's seaside town of Folkestone over the weekend in search of gold bullion.
- [video] Russia unlikely to impact oil supply: Pro @ CNBC - 5 hours ago
Richard Mallinson, geopolitical analyst at Energy Aspects, says the Ukrainian crisis should have little impact on oil supply, but highlights that oil prices could respond to other geopolitical risks.
- Leaf it out? Charge your phone with a plant @ CNBC - 5 hours ago
Could clean, renewable energy from the world's plants provide an innovative solution to our energy needs?
- [video] Can European yields go lower? @ CNBC - 5 hours ago
Jon Jonsson, global fixed income manager at Neuberger Berman, says that European data is "close to the bottom" and discusses sovereign bond yields in Europe.
- [video] HSBC: Neil Woodford sells shares @ CNBC - 6 hours ago
U.K. equity market "mammoth" Neil Woodford is selling his HSBC shares, arguing that the size of a potential fine against the bank is unquantifiable, CNBC's Helia Ebrahimi reports
- [video] We're due a correction: Pro @ CNBC - 6 hours ago
Gina Sanchez, chairwoman and founder of Chantico Global, says the market is due a correction as equities are now "above fair values" and divergent from the fundamental economy.
- [video] How festivals impact the music industry @ CNBC - 6 hours ago
Marie-Alicia Chang, co-founder of Semetric, discusses the music industry and how live events such as festivals drive online streaming and downloading.
- Euro zone manufacturing slows to 13-month low @ CNBC - 6 hours ago
Manufacturing output in the euro zone slipped in August, failing to meet market expectations, as economic and geopolitical uncertainties hit demand in the region.
- [video] Car sales: France and Italy 'pretty sluggish' @ CNBC - 6 hours ago
Arndt Ellinghorst, head of automotive research at ISI Group, comments on European car sales - including in sanctions-hit Russia - and says the future of automobile "will be electric".
- [video] Is China debt level 'not that high'? @ CNBC - 7 hours ago
Peter Thal Larsen, Asia editor at Reuters Breakingviews, discusses China's debt level and highlights that as most of the debt is held domestically, it is easier for the authorities to sort it out.
- [video] West 'sleep-walking' through Ukraine crisis: Pro @ CNBC - 7 hours ago
Timothy Ash, head of emerging markets research at Standard Bank, says the West and markets are "sleep-walking through the Ukraine crisis" and ignoring the ongoing "full-scale war".
- [video] Europe opens mixed; data, Ukraine tensions eyed @ CNBC - 8 hours ago
European shares opened mixed on Monday as investors looked ahead to fresh data for the euro zone and contemplated ongoing events in eastern Ukraine.
- [video] China debt: A default risk? @ CNBC - 8 hours ago
CNBC's Samantha Loring looks at whether China's worrying levels of debt is at risk of default and what threat that poses to the world economy.
- Why the Fed should always be in focus: O'Neill @ CNBC - 8 hours ago
A big risk for global markets is ironically one that could emerge from an improving U.S. economy and further declines in unemployment.
- [video] German austerity push is wrong: Economist @ CNBC - 8 hours ago
Steve Keen, head of the school of economics, politics and history of Kingston University, London, says fiscal policy in Europe should aim to allow the private sector to sort out its debts at a slower pace....
- [video] How will Russia deal with tougher sanctions? @ CNBC - 9 hours ago
CNBC's Hadley Gamble looks at what further sanctions the EU could slap on Russia and whether they'll have any bite.
- [video] Gold looks 'vulnerable': Pro @ CNBC - 9 hours ago
Sean Corrigan, chief investment strategist at Diapason Commodities Management, says gold looks "vulnerable" with a tight trading range.
- Finance execs split on upcoming stock 'correction' CNBC - 9 hours ago
- [video] European banks: Biggest risk to world economy? @ CNBC - 9 hours ago
CNBC's Nancy Hulgrave looks at the hefty fines slapped on European banks by the regulators and whether the sector is one of the biggest risks to the world economy.
- [video] Turkey needs to get 'resilient' to external risks: CFO @ CNBC - 9 hours ago
Baris Oran, head of finance at Sabanci, says Turkey's economy needs to be more "resilient" to external risks such as tapering of asset purchases by the U.S. Federal Reserve.
- [video] Islamic State risk 'vastly exceeds' al Qaeda: Pro @ CNBC - 9 hours ago
Nader Mousavizadeh, partner and co-founder of Macro Advisory Partners, says the threat posed by Islamic State "vastly exceeds" what al Qaeda represented.
- [video] Finance execs split on upcoming stock 'correction' @ CNBC - 9 hours ago
Frothy stock valuations have left some finance executives worried about the potential for an upcoming correction, the CFO Global Council survey showed.
- [video] Concerned about 'direction' of government bonds: CFO @ CNBC - 9 hours ago
George Quinn, CFO of Zurich Insurance Group, says he is concerned about the "direction of travel" for the government bond market.
- [video] Close to 'point of no return': Ukraine's Poroshenko @ CNBC - 10 hours ago
Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko says the conflict with Russia is close to the "point of no return" which would be "full scale war".
- [video] Why oil prices will defy the bears soon @ CNBC - 10 hours ago
Greg Smith, Group CEO at Global Commodities, says renewed tensions in Ukraine will fuel concerns of a supply disruption and that will lift oil prices higher in the weeks ahead.
- [video] The downside to Indonesia's August inflation data @ CNBC - 10 hours ago
After stripping out the base effects, the underlying trend in the inflation data does not reflect a downtrend, says Euben Paracuelles, Executive Director and Southeast Asia Economist at Nomura.
- [video] Why Hong Kong will accept China's ruling @ CNBC - 10 hours ago
Robert Chow, Spokesman, Alliance for Peace and Democracy, says Beijing has always been clear about the degree of autonomy it will give Hong Kong. He also discusses the response from the city's citizens....
- [video] The significance of Modi's visit to Tokyo @ CNBC - 10 hours ago
Stephen Nagy, Associate Professor, Department of Politics & International Studies at Tokyo International Christian University, discusses Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi's visit to Japan.
- [video] Seeing renewed softening in China's growth: RBS @ CNBC - 11 hours ago
Louis Kuijs, Chief Economist, Greater China at RBS, says August's manufacturing data reflect a renewed slowdown in China amid persisting domestic risks and slowing global trade.
- [video] Indonesia's August PMI drops to 1-year low @ CNBC - 11 hours ago
The fall in Indonesia's purchasing managers' index for August indicates that the country's manufacturing sector is facing challenges, says Wellian Wiranto, Economist at OCBC.
- [video] Occupy Central won't impact stock markets: Pro @ CNBC - 11 hours ago
Alex Wong, Director of Asset Management at Ample Capital, says a smaller-than-expected turnout at Sunday's protest helped Hong Kong shares to shrug off political unrest.
- [video] Rivkin: 'US-ASEAN relationship is critical' @ CNBC - 11 hours ago
Charles Rivkin, U.S. Assistant Secretary of State for Economic and Business Affairs, describes the importance of trade ties with Southeast Asia and discusses competition from Chinese firms who are also ...
- [video] China PMI to remain weak for the rest of 2014: Pro @ CNBC - 12 hours ago
Tony Nash, Vice President at Delta Economics, explains his bearish outlook on China's factory activity for the second half of 2014.
- [video] Senior Chinese official in Hong Kong to defend ruling @ CNBC - 12 hours ago
CNBC's Emily Tan reports from the Asia World Expo where Li Fei, a member of the top committee of China's parliament, commented on Beijing's parliamentary ruling.
- [video] China August PMI is no cause for alarm: Pro @ CNBC - 12 hours ago
Nizam Idris, Head of Strategy, Fixed Income & Currencies at Macquarie, says the slowing of activity in Chinese factories for August boils down to seasonal factors.
- [video] Occupy Central: Hong Kong wants election fair play @ CNBC - 12 hours ago
Edward Chin, Organizer of Financial Professionals for Occupy Central, says the campaign is intended as a last resort if Beijing fails to return the rule of fair play to Hong Kong's elections.
- [video] These factors could derail global markets @ CNBC - 12 hours ago
Jonathan Pain, Author of The Pain Report, highlights geopolitical tensions in Ukraine and a possible deflation in the euro zone as the biggest risks for stock markets.
- CNBC to Premiere Managing Asia Succession Planning Series @ CNBC - 13 hours ago
CNBC announced a regional sponsorship deal with UOB Private Bank around the network's Managing Asia Succession Planning series. The multi-platform campaign starts tomorrow with an event in Singapore, followed ...