- Why these entrepreneurs abandoned the corner office @ CNBC - 35 minutes ago
The corporate suite isn't a typical entrepreneurial breeding ground, but some executives find reasons to strike out on their own after climbing the ladder.
- 10 technologies for the bottom of the pyramid @ CNBC - 38 minutes ago
In this slideshow, we bring you 10 innovative technologies that cater to the world's lowest income-level group.
- Asia on Japan, China data watch this week @ CNBC - 43 minutes ago
A preliminary reading of Chinese factory activity and Japanese economic data are expected to set the tone for trading in Asia this week.
- Japanese shares seen flat in quiet trade @ CNBC - 1 hour 9 minutes ago
Asian shares are expected to see another subdued trading session on Monday with an absence of a lead from Wall Street.
- [video] Luxury cars grab spotlight at Beijing auto show @ CNBC - 1 hour 22 minutes ago
While there's plenty of buzz about hybrid and compact cars at the Beijing auto show, it's the big luxury cars that are attracting most of the attention. CNBC's Kaori Enjoji reports.
- Here's what will drive stocks this week @ CNBC - 3 hours ago
About 150 S&P 500 companies are scheduled to release results this week, in an earnings season that has been so far mediocre
- What earnings will tell us about the economy @ CNBC - 3 hours ago
Is the US economy really picking up steam? This week's earnings could provide a clue.
- New York orders Ford to clean toxic dump site @ CNBC - 3 hours ago
The $7.5 million cleanup would be the second at the site in Ramapo, N.Y. Residents in a neighborhood in Ringwood, N.J., want federal officials to follow New York State's lead.
- Malaysia Airlines flight makes emergency landing @ CNBC - 5 hours ago
A Malaysia Airlines flight suffered a landing gear malfunction Sunday night as it left the international airport Kuala Lumpur, and made an emergency landing back at the airport shortly before 2 a.m. local ...
- A Portland hotel hooks up to the tiny houses trend @ CNBC - 5 hours ago
The environmentally-friendly alternative housing movement is expanding to the hotel industry.
- Twitter accounts critical of Turkish officials blocked @ CNBC - 6 hours ago
Two anonymous Twitter accounts used to release conversations implicating family of Turkey's prime minister in a corruption scandal appeared to have been blocked.
- Echoes of Betamax as Supreme Court hears Aereo TV case @ CNBC - 8 hours ago
Tuesday will not be the first time the court's nine justices will have the final say over the fate of a new TV viewing technology.
- Pfizer considers $100B bid for AstraZeneca: report @ CNBC - 9 hours ago
U.S. pharmaceutical giant Pfizer has approached British rival AstraZeneca to propose a 60 billion pound takeover, Britain's Sunday Times reported.
- Why bitcoin needs a marketing campaign CNBC - 9 hours ago
- After grief, new widows must reevaluate finances @ CNBC - 9 hours ago
Moving past grief into growth, new widows must take charge of their finances, updating their own estates and making decisions better suited to their new status.
- 'We're not Amsterdam': Is Colorado pot tourism a myth? @ CNBC - 13 hours ago
Colorado's legal pot law has not sparked a sustained surge of out-of-state weed tourists, say hoteliers and restaurant owners in the state.
- Dream vacation investment strategy @ CNBC - Sat, Apr 19, 2014 5:59 PM EDT
With the right investment strategy, you can go on that once-in-a-lifetime adventure to exotic places like the Galapagos Islands or Machu Picchu, Peru.
- These 13 states raked in $34B in gaming revenue CNBC - Sat, Apr 19, 2014 3:40 PM EDT
- Historically miserable earnings cycle may not matter @ CNBC - Sat, Apr 19, 2014 1:00 PM EDT
Investors have been all but ignoring a fairly miserable earnings season as hopes proliferate that it's only a blip on the profit radar.
- Luxury rental market surging in metro New York @ CNBC - Sat, Apr 19, 2014 12:30 PM EDT
From Hell's Kitchen to Crown Heights, there's a luxury rental boom targeting the newest generation of workers moving to the Big Apple.
- Mt. Gox CEO won't answer questions in US @ CNBC - Sat, Apr 19, 2014 11:47 AM EDT
Mark Karpeles, the CEO of Mt. Gox, said he would not come to the US to answer questions about the Japanese bitcoin exchange's U.S. bankruptcy case
- US city sues banks over high-frequency trading @ CNBC - Sat, Apr 19, 2014 11:28 AM EDT
The city of Providence, Rhode Island, is suing dozens of Wall Street banks and other financial companies over high-frequency trading
- Muscle cars dominate New York Auto Show CNBC - Sat, Apr 19, 2014 10:52 AM EDT
- USDA tries to contain virus killing millions of pigs @ CNBC - Sat, Apr 19, 2014 10:25 AM EDT
Porcine epidemic diarrhea has killed millions of pigs in 27 states since showing up in the U.S. last May
- Investments and the ghost of Bernie Madoff @ CNBC - Sat, Apr 19, 2014 10:05 AM EDT
Is there a specific rate of return for an investment that should set off alarm bells in your head?
- Why the mancave could be a big insurance risk CNBC - Sat, Apr 19, 2014 9:42 AM EDT
- Your food, your wallet and the California drought @ CNBC - Sat, Apr 19, 2014 6:00 AM EDT
American consumers are up in arms about rising food prices and they will likely feel more of a financial pinch, courtesy of California's drought.
- The rising cost of a trip to the supermarket CNBC - Sat, Apr 19, 2014 6:00 AM EDT
- Inside the California drought's effect on food prices CNBC - Sat, Apr 19, 2014 6:00 AM EDT
- Extreme strategies to earn airline miles @ CNBC - Fri, Apr 18, 2014 2:00 PM EDT
As airlines make free award tickets more expensive, fliers must get creative to earn enough miles for redemption.
- Five weeks?! Why India's elections take so long @ CNBC - Fri, Apr 18, 2014 1:00 PM EDT
India polling will take more than five weeks to complete. That leaves many American observers wondering: Why so long?
- IRS impersonators target tax filers after April 15 @ CNBC - Fri, Apr 18, 2014 12:00 PM EDT
If you've filed tax returns and think everything is OK, guess again. Phone and email scams try to nab your data by impersonating the IRS.
- [video] Luxury rental boom ... in Jersey @ CNBC - Fri, Apr 18, 2014 12:00 PM EDT
CNBC's Stephanie Landsman discusses how the luxury rental boom isn't confined to New York City and its boroughs, but that developers are seeing new opportunities in New Jersey.
- [video] Great growth expectations @ CNBC - Fri, Apr 18, 2014 11:00 AM EDT
Are economic growth expectations too high? CNBC's Jeff Cox explains.
- 'Mona Lisa' stamp shines light on tangible investments @ CNBC - Fri, Apr 18, 2014 10:00 AM EDT
Some hobbyists, frustrated with traditional markets and able to sit on investments for decades, are collecting tangible assets such as rare stamps.
- 5 ways to cut your tax bill next year @ CNBC - Fri, Apr 18, 2014 10:00 AM EDT
Bruised by a harsh tax bite this year? Reduce pain next year by maximizing deductions, capturing credits and offsetting taxable income by Dec. 31.
- [video] Remodeling & insurance costs @ CNBC - Fri, Apr 18, 2014 9:00 AM EDT
CNBC's Kelli Grant discusses the importance of considering the insurance ramifications when remodeling a home.
- Cell phone thefts soar as advocates hail 'kill switch' @ CNBC - Fri, Apr 18, 2014 6:00 AM EDT
About 3.1 million Americans had their phone stolen last year, according to survey. That's nearly double the estimate of phones stolen during 2012.
- Emerging market rally to run out of steam: Morgan Stanley CNBC - Fri, Apr 18, 2014 3:01 AM EDT
- Asia shares mixed in thin trade; Shanghai falls to 10-day low @ CNBC - Fri, Apr 18, 2014 3:00 AM EDT
Asian shares were mixed on Friday in quiet trade with many regional markets shut for the Easter holidays, except for Japan, China and South Korea.
- Carmakers set to battle for Chinese consumers @ CNBC - Thu, Apr 17, 2014 11:55 PM EDT
Global carmarkers will pull out all the stops at the Beijing auto show as they battle to win over Chinese buyers in the fiercely competitive market.
- This country buys the most drugs online @ CNBC - Thu, Apr 17, 2014 11:30 PM EDT
British people are the biggest consumers of drugs on the internet, according to the 2014 Global Drugs Survey.
- China new home prices rise 7.7% on year in March @ CNBC - Thu, Apr 17, 2014 9:35 PM EDT
New home prices in China rose 7.7 percent on year in March, slower than February's 8.7 percent rise.
- Scenes from South Korea's ferry disaster @ CNBC - Thu, Apr 17, 2014 9:00 PM EDT
A South Korean ferry capsized off Jindo island on April 16 in what could be the country's worst maritime accident in two decades.
- Global growth to remain muted: Deutsche Post DHL CEO @ CNBC - Thu, Apr 17, 2014 8:14 PM EDT
While Europe is showing signs of an economic recovery, no region is likely to see robust growth, the CEO of Deutsche Post DHL told CNBC.
- IMAX CEO: IPO of China arm still a long way off @ CNBC - Thu, Apr 17, 2014 7:26 PM EDT
IMAX does not plan to list its China unit for another five years, its CEO told CNBC on Thursday, but when the time comes it will take place in Asia.
- Five things to know about Alibaba @ CNBC - Thu, Apr 17, 2014 7:25 PM EDT
With the IPO - the largest in tech history - just around the corner, here are five things you need to know about Alibaba.
- Meet the man behind the 'Amazon of Southeast Asia' @ CNBC - Thu, Apr 17, 2014 7:23 PM EDT
From political unrest in Thailand to a typhoon in the Philippines, running a business in Southeast Asia has thrown Maximilian Bittner, founder and CEO of e-commerce site Lazada, several curve balls over ...
- [video] Cramer wishes CNBC a Happy 25th birthday! @ CNBC - Thu, Apr 17, 2014 6:40 PM EDT
Mad Money's Jim Cramer reflects on CNBC's evolution over the past 25 years.
- [video] Watch out! Tax scammers, the Heartbleed vulnerability @ CNBC - Thu, Apr 17, 2014 6:30 PM EDT
The latest cybersecurity headlines- tax scammers have no deadline, and the Heartbleed vulnerability threatens two thirds of websites. CNBC's Scott Cohn reports.