- Europe shares shrug off PMI data; Raiffeisen up 10% @ CNBC - 21 minutes ago
European shares traded higher despite some disappointing data from the euro zone, as investors focused on central bank monetary policy.
- Dow back above 17,000; S&P 500 rises to record @ CNBC - 30 minutes ago
Stocks rose Thursday, with the S&P 500 near a record, as investors anticipated a dovish tone from Federal Reserve Chair Janet Yellen on Friday.
- Treasurys edge higher as traders digest US data CNBC - 39 minutes ago
U.S. bond prices moved lower on Thursday, as investors digested minutes from the U.S. Federal Reserve, and looked ahead to the Jackson Hole symposium
- [video] Cramer's Stop Trading: Gilead Sciences @ CNBC - 50 minutes ago
CNBC's Jim Cramer explains why he is watching Gilead Sciences.
- US judge overseeing Argentina bond default calls hearing on claim orders were ignored @ CNBC - 54 minutes ago
This story is developing. Please check back for further updates. Click here for the latest on the markets.
- [video] Faber Report: Family Dollar rejects Dollar General's bid @ CNBC - 1 hour 3 minutes ago
CNBC's David Faber reports Family Dollar has rejected Dollar General's $78.50 per share bid over antitrust concerns. Family Dollar director and Trian Fund Management co-founder Ed Garden, shared his response....
- [video] Market open: 'Holding pattern' before Yellen @ CNBC - 1 hour 4 minutes ago
CNBC's Dominic Chu reports on the current position of the U.S. market ahead of Federal Reserve Chair Janet Yellen's comments at Jackson Hole Friday.
- [video] HP's Whitman: Planning to be active in 3D printing @ CNBC - 1 hour 7 minutes ago
CNBC's David Faber and Jim Cramer discuss the action in shares of Hewlett-Packard after its quarterly earnings, and the company's position in the computer and printing industry.
- Why Jackson Hole is key for dollar @ CNBC - 1 hour 8 minutes ago
The dollar is strong and things could heat up even further for foreign exchange as global central bankers convene in Jackson Hole.
- [video] Markets open: Tumblr takes ice bucket challenge @ CNBC - 1 hour 16 minutes ago
The ALS Association and Tumblr ring the NASDAQ opening bell, with CNBC's David Faber and Jim Cramer. Tumblr accepts Yahoo's challenge.
- [video] Cramer's Mad Dash: Hormel still delivers @ CNBC - 1 hour 17 minutes ago
Jim Cramer explains what to watch ahead of the open, including Hormel Foods.
- [video] HP CEO Whitman: Positioned for M&A @ CNBC - 1 hour 30 minutes ago
CNBC's David Faber speaks to Meg Whitman, Hewlett-Packard CEO, about the company's M&A position. We are now in a place where we can comfortably do M&A, but want to be thoughtful about it, says Whitman....
- [video] HP CEO: Announcing 3-D technology this Fall @ CNBC - 1 hour 30 minutes ago
Meg Whitman, Hewlett-Packard CEO, discusses HP's 3-D printing plans. Whitman says HP is doing 3-D printing, but going to take the enterprise side rather than the consumer side.
- HP growing again but still 'work to do': Whitman @ CNBC - 1 hour 31 minutes ago
Hewlett-Packard's better than expected quarterly sales were a milestone, but the tech company still has "work to do," CEO Meg Whitman told CNBC.
- [video] Meg Whitman: Stabilization in printing @ CNBC - 1 hour 32 minutes ago
Hewlett-Packard CEO Meg Whitman, addresses the lack of revenue growth in HP's printing business. Whitman says she sees stabilization in ink & toner, and HP is now the leader in multifunction printers.
- [video] HP's Whitman: Real pockets of growth in PCs @ CNBC - 1 hour 35 minutes ago
CNBC's David Faber speaks to Hewlett-Packard CEO Meg Whitman, about the company's turnaround plan and revenue growth. Whitman says we have work to do to grow the software business.
- Bank of America in $16.65B mortgage settlement: DoJ @ CNBC - 1 hour 40 minutes ago
Bank of America agreed to pay $16.65 billion to end investigations into mortgage securities that it sold in the run-up to the financial crisis.
- Family Dollar to Dollar General offer: 'No thanks' @ CNBC - 1 hour 42 minutes ago
Family Dollar Stores said on Thursday its board unanimously rejected Dollar General's buyout offer due to antitrust considerations.
- [video] Cramer: BofA's next quarter 'pretty much wiped out' @ CNBC - 1 hour 44 minutes ago
CNBC's David Faber and Jim Cramer discuss Bank of America's $17 billion settlement with the DOJ. Cramer says the Justice Department wanted to maximize the embarrassment and pain of Bank of America.
- Ready for a ride on a space elevator? @ CNBC - 1 hour 45 minutes ago
There is no shortage of ideas in the fast-evolving world of transportation, including an elevator stretching thousands of miles into space.
- [video] Andrew's ice bucket challenge @ CNBC - 1 hour 48 minutes ago
"Squawk Box's" Andrew Ross Sorkin accepts Aetna CEO Mark Bertolini's challenge to participate in the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge. In turn, Andrew nominates Comcast Chairman and CEO Brian Roberts; ...
- Hackers next big target: Your kids' college @ CNBC - 1 hour 48 minutes ago
Hackers target universities as students return to the classroom and schools aren't prepared to handle the attacks.
- Investors too complacent on rates: Fed's George CNBC - 1 hour 52 minutes ago
- [video] Cramer's stocks to watch: HPQ & FDO @ CNBC - 1 hour 55 minutes ago
CNBC's Jim Cramer explains why he is watching shares of Hewlett-Packard and what he hopes to hear from Meg Whitman. Also Cramer weighs in on Family Dollar's rejection of Dollar General's bid.
- [video] Helmet camera game-changer for football? @ CNBC - 2 hours 5 minutes ago
JR Liverman, Sports Video Innovations CEO, explains how a camera embedded in the design of a football helmet allows viewers to see exactly what the player sees on the field.
- US investors look to Jackson Hole, Yellen's speech @ CNBC - 2 hours 10 minutes ago
U.S. stock index futures indicated a higher open on Thursday, as the closely-watched Jackson Hole symposium of central bankers gets underway.
- BofA set to face the music with $17B settlement @ CNBC - 2 hours 12 minutes ago
The long-anticipated settlement between Bank of America and the Justice Department is expected to include a $9.6 billion penalty.
- [video] Fed's George 'encouraged' by labor market @ CNBC - 2 hours 13 minutes ago
CNBC's Steve Liesman talks to Kansas City Fed President Esther George about the labor market. We are beginning to see more broad based progress, says George.
- [video] Initial jobless claims 298,000 @ CNBC - 2 hours 15 minutes ago
CNBC's Rick Santelli breaks down the latest numbers on unemployment and jobs.
- Dollar tree profit falls, despite jump in revenue @ CNBC - 2 hours 18 minutes ago
Dollar Tree reported a 2.6 percent fall in quarterly profit as costs increased.
- [video] Cashing in on used cars @ CNBC - 2 hours 25 minutes ago
Profit margins on pre-owned vehicles jumped 13 percent from last year and have become far more profitable for dealers, reports CNBC's Phil LeBeau.
- [video] Tale of two farmers @ CNBC - 2 hours 33 minutes ago
Jerry Gulke, Gulke Group, and Bob McCan, National Cattlemen's Beef Association, weigh in on how beef and corn prices are impacting the commodities market and the consumer.
- [video] Why your meals cost more @ CNBC - 2 hours 36 minutes ago
CNBC's Jane Wells takes a look at what record high beef prices, a bumper corn crop, and specially-grown watermelons and pumpkins means for consumers.
- [video] Mission to rescue James Foley, and others failed @ CNBC - 2 hours 40 minutes ago
NBC's Jim Miklaszewski reports on a failed U.S. commando mission to rescue Americans held in Syria by ISIS.
- [video] Family Dollar rejects Dollar General's bid @ CNBC - 2 hours 44 minutes ago
"Squawk Box's" Andrew Ross Sorkin reports Family Dollar is rejecting Dollar General's offer because of antitrust concerns and maintains its support for the existing deal with Dollar Tree.
- Big BofA fine is government extortion: Kovacevich @ CNBC - 2 hours 50 minutes ago
"It's definitely politics. It has nothing to do with justice or restitution to the innocent victims," former Wells Fargo chief Dick Kovacevich says.
- [video] Battle in the Bakken: Alternatives to flaring @ CNBC - 2 hours 52 minutes ago
CNBC's Morgan Brennan reports on some of the creative ways drillers are cutting down on the controversial practice of burning off excess gas produced in the Bakken.
- [video] Barclays courting the DNC @ CNBC - 3 hours ago
Bruce Ratner, Barclays Center majority owner, shares his hopes of holding the 2016 Democratic convention in Brooklyn, New York. You have an economic impact that far exceeds any inconvenience that may happen, ...
- Early movers: SHLD, HRL, DLTR, HTZ, F, UPS & more CNBC - 3 hours ago
- [video] Fed's future path: Esther George @ CNBC - 3 hours ago
CNBC's Steve Liesman talks to Kansas City Fed President Esther George about market complacency and the future of interest rates.
- [video] Honing in on housing recovery @ CNBC - 3 hours ago
Douglas Lebda, LendingTree CEO, and Roger Cregg, AV Homes CEO, share their take on the housing industry, mortgage lending and home construction. Jobs have the biggest impact on the industry, says Cregg....
- [video] BofA settlement political theater: Kovacevich @ CNBC - 3 hours ago
Dick Kovacevich, former Wells Fargo chairman & CEO, explain why he thinks the massive $17 billion Bank of America settlement with the Justice Department is extortion. Companies don't commit crimes, people ...
- [video] BofA's record-busting settlement @ CNBC - 3 hours ago
CNBC's Kate Kelly reports details on the landmark deal between Bank of America and the Justice Department.
- Fed behind the curve, has too much clout: Survey CNBC - 3 hours ago
- [video] Bakken nat gas buildout 'flares' controversy @ CNBC - 3 hours ago
Drillers in North Dakota only capture about 68 percent of the gas they find and burn off the rest, resulting in flaring. Now the rush is on to find ways to meet new regulations to curb the flaring, reports ...
- [video] Markets eye rates ahead of Jackson Hole @ CNBC - 4 hours ago
Don Luskin, TrendMacro, and Dan Veru, Palisade Capital Management, share their views on when they expect to see interest rates rise and its likely impact on the markets.
- Revival time? China hungry for luxury Swiss watches CNBC - 4 hours ago
- [video] Meet 'Squawk Box Asia' @ CNBC - 4 hours ago
The "Squawk Box" crew meets fellow colleague Susan Li, "Squawk Box Asia" anchor. China is back, says Li, discussing the outlook on China.
- [video] Tale of two tech stocks @ CNBC - 4 hours ago
Dan Morgan, Synovus Trust senior vice president compares the performance and outlook on tech giants Hewlett-Packard and Apple. HP is a work in process, and we're still buying Apple stock, says Morgan.
- [video] BofA reaches record settlement with DOJ @ CNBC - 4 hours ago
CNBC's Kate Kelly reports Bank of America will pay $9.6 billion in cash and provide consumer relief valued at $7 billion for its role in the sale of mortgage-backed securities before the 2008 financial ...