- Bank of England: Ranks finally broken on rates @ CNBC - 31 minutes ago
Two members of the Bank of England's interest rate-setting committee voted to raise interest rates in August, as pressure builds to raise rates.
- Carlsberg warns on profits over Russia hit @ CNBC - 33 minutes ago
Carlsberg, the Danish brewer, became one of the first major European companies to warn over the impact of the Ukrainian crisis.
- Europe shares close lower; BoE minutes show split @ CNBC - 39 minutes ago
European shares closed mostly lower on Wednesday, with investors focused on central bank policy ahead of the Jackson Hole symposium later this week.
- [video] Disappearing news and ads on Snapchat @ CNBC - 39 minutes ago
CNBC's Julia Boorstin and PCMag.com Editor-in-Chief Dan Costa discuss reports that Snapchat will show news and ads to its users.
- [video] Kayla Tausche's ice bucket challenge @ CNBC - 44 minutes ago
CNBC's Kayla Tausche accepts the ice bucket challenge to strike out ALS.
- Investors basically have no fear about volatility @ CNBC - 44 minutes ago
Forget the headlines and the charts: Despite the loopy market behavior recently, investors are downright apathetic about the way things are going.
- Stocks gain before Fed minutes; Apple rises to record @ CNBC - 45 minutes ago
Stocks wavered Wednesday after Target cut its outlook and investors adopted a cautious tone before minutes from the Federal Reserve's last meeting.
- Why Apple's iPhone 6 is stressing developers out @ CNBC - 48 minutes ago
Ahead of Apple's iPhone 6 launch, developers scramble to see that their apps will work on iOS8, which is expected to launch with the new smartphone.
- [video] Inspiration of 'Hanx Writer' @ CNBC - 49 minutes ago
Hitcents co-founders Chris & Clinton Mills, discuss their collaboration with actor Tom Hanks to create the "Hanx Writer," an app that simulates typing on an old school typewriter.
- [video] Santelli Exchange: Servicing debt @ CNBC - 54 minutes ago
CNBC's Rick Santelli discusses the strategies employed by central banks for requirements to normalize policy.
- [video] Cashin says: Rebound almost astounding @ CNBC - 59 minutes ago
CNBC's Dominic Chu and Art Cashin, of UBS, discuss the slow summer day. Coming out of the Fed minutes could have a negative bias, he says. Yellen and Draghi speak on Friday.
- [video] Ice cream vans go high tech @ CNBC - 59 minutes ago
Andy Newland, managing director at Tony Fresko, explains how the use of new technology is helping move this ice cream truck company from a "paper-based business" to a "21st century" ...
- President Obama scheduled to speak at 12:45 pm ET @ CNBC - 59 minutes ago
This story is developing. Please check back for further updates. CNBC.com will be streaming the event live. Click here for the latest on the markets. Read More Obama disconnected, directionless: Ben White ...
- Mere coincidence or freaky Fed? @ CNBC - 1 hour 0 minutes ago
The gain in the S&P 500 between the same Fed minute release time periods the past two years is effectively exactly the same.
- [video] Shazam hits 100 million users @ CNBC - 1 hour 7 minutes ago
CNBC's Julia Boortstin reports music app Shazam has grown 34 percent in the past year to over 100 million active users, a bigger mobile base than Pinterest or Snapchat.
- [video] European markets close: Euro falls @ CNBC - 1 hour 9 minutes ago
CNBC's Simon Hobbs reports on all the market moving events in Europe today, including a consolidation for European stocks after a two day rally and the euro breaks below $1.33.
- [video] European market closes lower @ CNBC - 1 hour 9 minutes ago
European shares closed mostly lower on Wednesday, with investors focused on central bank monetary policy ahead of the Jackson Hole symposium later this week.
- [video] Profiting from California drought @ CNBC - 1 hour 16 minutes ago
CNBC's Jane Wells reports water agencies are spending big money on rebates to get people to rip out their lawns and replace the grass with drought tolerant plants or fake turf.
- [video] Heavy Russia exposure hits Carlsberg @ CNBC - 1 hour 24 minutes ago
Jonny Forsyth, global drinks analyst at Mintel, comments on Heineken and Carlsberg's earnings, and says Carlsberg is now suffering from its heavy exposure to Russia.
- [video] One tap mobile payments @ CNBC - 1 hour 29 minutes ago
Bill Ready, Braintree CEO, aims to change users' mobile buying experience by rolling out a one touch payments system on Braintree apps, which includes companies like OpenTable, Airbnb and Uber.
- [video] Ballmer bounces from Microsoft board @ CNBC - 1 hour 31 minutes ago
Henry Blodget, Business Insider editor-in-chief & CEO and CNBC's Jon Fortt, discuss Steve Ballmer's exit from Microsoft's board to run the L.A. Clippers.
- [video] Uber hiring Plouffe brilliant: Blodget @ CNBC - 1 hour 34 minutes ago
CNBC's Jon Fortt and Henry Blodget, Business Insider editor-in-chief & CEO, discuss Uber's hiring of political strategist David Plouffe to be its senior vice president of policy and strategy.
- More iPhone 6 images leak @ CNBC - 1 hour 35 minutes ago
Another day, another iPhone 6 leak.
- [video] Apple-sphere expanding: Milunovich @ CNBC - 1 hour 38 minutes ago
With Apple slightly off its all-time high, Steven Milunovich, UBS managing director, explains why the stock will climb after its new product line is announced.
- The other commodity that's leaping on Russia fears @ CNBC - 1 hour 39 minutes ago
Fears about Russian sanctions are driving the price of palladium to 13-year highs, and analysts say it could go much higher.
- [video] On the hunt for bow ties @ CNBC - 1 hour 39 minutes ago
Wanting the whole staff to be wearing bow ties for the soft launch, Brian from Bespoke Doughnuts goes searching for bow ties.
- [video] Should the BoE have raised rates? @ CNBC - 1 hour 39 minutes ago
DeAnne Julius, chairman at Chatham House and Karen Ward, senior global economist at HSBC, discuss the dissent within the Bank of England regarding the timing of an interest rate hike.
- [video] Is the ice bucket challenge a game changer? @ CNBC - 1 hour 39 minutes ago
The viral ALS Ice Bucket Challenge could change fundraising and charitable giving forever.
- [video] A trip to Fonuts @ CNBC - 1 hour 39 minutes ago
WayLynn brings Reilly and Brian from Bespoke Doughnuts to her shop, Fonuts, and gives them some inspirational career advice.
- [video] Home construction surges @ CNBC - 1 hour 39 minutes ago
New home construction shot up by nearly 16 percent last month.
- Why America has a shortage of truck drivers @ CNBC - 1 hour 39 minutes ago
America has more available trucking jobs than qualified drivers, as older workers retire. Inside the labor shortfall.
- [video] Google's massive footprint @ CNBC - 1 hour 39 minutes ago
On the ten-year anniversary of Google going public, Josh Lipton looks at how ubiquitous the search giant has become in our lives.
- Five reasons the Fed should raise rates now @ CNBC - 1 hour 40 minutes ago
The time has come for the Fed to get off its zero-rate policy, says economist Craig Dismuke. Here are five reasons why.
- Pinot in aluminum cans? Believe it @ CNBC - 1 hour 43 minutes ago
The Union Wine Com. in Oregon is taking a unique approach to packaging and selling wine: pinot noir in humble, aluminium cans.
- [video] Josh Lipton takes ice bucket challenge @ CNBC - 1 hour 44 minutes ago
CNBC's Josh Lipton accepts the ice bucket challenge to benefit ALS.
- Apple's got company: 14 more stocks at record highs @ CNBC - 1 hour 48 minutes ago
Apple touched a fresh high Wednesday along with a handful of other companies:
- [video] Santelli Exchange: Central bank elixir @ CNBC - 1 hour 49 minutes ago
Matt Maley, Miller Tabak & Co., and CNBC's Rick Santelli, discuss foreign exchange and how markets will react to Fed Chair Janet Yellen's speech at Jackson Hole.
- [video] Are you better than your boss? @ CNBC - 1 hour 50 minutes ago
DFX founder Tom Smith, discusses the new reality series "Does Someone Have to Go?" premiering on CNBC tonight. Smith discusses how the show helped solve internal squabbles.
- Back-to-school fueling much-needed retail optimism @ CNBC - 2 hours 0 minutes ago
Several companies highlighted strong back-to-school trends in their earnings reports.
- Class warfare with a twist in Iowa Senate race @ CNBC - 2 hours 8 minutes ago
Bruce Braley and Joni Ernst, vying for a crucial Senate seat in Iowa, are scrambling terms of engagement in the politics of class.
- [video] Journalist James Foley reportedly executed @ CNBC - 2 hours 11 minutes ago
American journalist James Foley, who went missing in Syria two years, has apparently been executed by ISIS militants, reports CNBC's Sara Eisen.
- [video] Battle for Iowa's Senate @ CNBC - 2 hours 14 minutes ago
CNBC's John Harwood discusses the importance of the race for Senate in Iowa between Democratic Rep. Bruce Braley and state Senator Joni Ernst.
- [video] No Ballmer equal more cash for Microsoft? @ CNBC - 2 hours 22 minutes ago
Rick Sherlund, Nomura Securities, explains why Steve Ballmer stepping down from Microsoft's board will lead to changing dynamics on the board that could lead to more cash for shareholders.
- [video] Fed's focus in Jackson Hole @ CNBC - 2 hours 30 minutes ago
Discussing when the Fed will raise interest rates and deflationary fears in Europe, with Kathleen Gaffney, Eaton Vance Portfolio Manager, and Ethan Harris, BofA Merrill Lynch co-head of economics research....
- US Treasury yield curve flattens; FOMC eyed CNBC - 2 hours 33 minutes ago
The U.S. Treasury yield curve flattened on Wednesday, with minutes from the latest Federal Open Market Committee (FOMC) meeting in focus.
- [video] CNBC Survey: Jackson Hole edition @ CNBC - 2 hours 34 minutes ago
CNBC's Steve Liesman previews Fed Chair Janet Yellen's speech in Jackson Hole, where the big topic is slack in the labor market. Liesman also reveals the results from CNBC's Fed policy survey.
- [video] Target rebounding from breach? @ CNBC - 2 hours 38 minutes ago
Discussing Target's quarterly results and signs they are recovering from December's credit breach, with Charles Grom, Sterne Agee managing director.
- [video] Cramer's Stop Trading: Dunkin' & Starbucks @ CNBC - 2 hours 44 minutes ago
CNBC's Jim Cramer explains why he is watching Dunkin' Brands and Starbucks.
- Growing trend? Using tablets to make calls @ CNBC - 2 hours 55 minutes ago
Have you ever been tempted to make a call on your tablet? If the trend in Asia is anything to go by, many of us could be doing so soon.
- [video] Market opens: Lack of sellers @ CNBC - 2 hours 59 minutes ago
CNBC's Dominic Chu provides insight to why traders predict a lower volume day.