- See Super-Chef Batali: How I Built My Brand @ CNBC - 6 minutes ago
See Super-Chef Batali: How I Built My Brand
- Europe Flat; Autos Gain, Miners Lag @ CNBC - 13 minutes ago
European shares were higher in morning trade on Monday, mirroring gains in Asia where Japan's Nikkei closed at a fresh five-and-a-half year high, and after U.S. stocks closed at a record high on Friday....
- QE Halt 'Too Violent' for Market: Fed's Fisher @ CNBC - 40 minutes ago
The Federal Reserve should not go from "wild turkey" monetary policy to "cold turkey" overnight, Dallas Fed President Richard Fisher told CNBC on Monday, saying that when the dial back ...
- GE Capital Plans $6.5 Billion in Cash to Parent @ CNBC - 1 hour 8 minutes ago
GE Capital, the financial services arm of industrial giant General Electric, will return $6.5 billion worth of dividends back to its parent company over the course of the year, the company announced on ...
- Even Mighty Germany Is Looking 'Like a Mid-Table Laggard' @ CNBC - 1 hour 57 minutes ago
There are no signs of a turnaround for the euro zone after six straight quarters of recession, and even once mighty Germany is struggling, according to the Royal Bank of Scotland's latest World Economy ...
- Korea Goes After Chinese Tourists as Yen Falls @ CNBC - 2 hours 4 minutes ago
South Korean retailers reeling from a recent steep decline in Japanese tourists, thanks to a weakening yen, but Chinese tourists are stepping in pick up the slack.
- US Stocks Seen Down on Fed Easing Fears @ CNBC - 2 hours 8 minutes ago
Barring a major selloff in the month's final two weeks, investors clearly have not "sold in May and gone away". The major averages are coming off their fourth consecutive week of gains, with ...
- European Equities 'So Appealing' Right Now CNBC - 2 hours 45 minutes ago
- Kinder Morgan Bulls Look for a Breakout @ CNBC - 2 hours 45 minutes ago
Energy pipelines have been a favorite of the bulls, and now they're looking for Kinder Morgan to break out.
- Stocks Getting Scarce as Fed-Driven Rally Sees No End @ CNBC - 2 hours 55 minutes ago
Easy monetary policy by the Federal Reserve and other central banks is limiting supply of stocks, as well as fueling asset bubbles, one analyst warned on Monday.
- UK Retail Vacancies at Highest Since July 2011 @ CNBC - 3 hours ago
The latest retail report from the British Retail Consortium (BRC) warns that the rise in empty shops in towns across the U.K. is a "major concern."
- Scotland Risks Cyprus-Style Crisis: Report CNBC - 3 hours ago
- Japan, Hong Kong Lead Asian Stocks Higher @ CNBC - 4 hours ago
Asia's stock markets were in rally mode on Monday after better-than-expected U.S data boosted investor confidence in the global economic recovery.
- Thousands of French Households Taxed 100% CNBC - 5 hours ago
- High Inflation a 'Permanent Fixture' in the UK CNBC - 5 hours ago
- No Love for Precious Metals - Silver Gets Slammed CNBC - 6 hours ago
- Central Banks in Focus: Time to Risk It? @ CNBC - 6 hours ago
I was just at an interesting lunch with Garry Kasparov, the man who became the youngest world chess champion in history in 1985 at the age of 22. He held the title as the world's top player for 20 years ...
- HK Stocks to Double by End-2015: Morgan Stanley @ CNBC - 6 hours ago
Hong Kong's benchmark Hang Seng stock index may be one of Asia's laggards, but Morgan Stanley reckons the market is poised to more than double to 50,000 by the end of 2015 on the back of ample liquidity ...
- Why This Week Could See Start of Risk-Off @ CNBC - 8 hours ago
The deteriorating economic and political triggers in Europe appear likely to cause a bout of serious risk-off, starting early next week, Mike Gallagher, director of research at IDEAglobal writes.
- [video] Getting to the Heart of Ciputra's Vision @ CNBC - 8 hours ago
Billionaire Ciputa is a household name in Indonesia with malls, hotels and a university under his name. Now, he's passing on his knowledge on to the next generation of entrepreneurs.
- Australia Stock Rally Showing Signs of Fatigue @ CNBC - 8 hours ago
Australian stocks have enjoyed solid gains amid the party in global equities, rising around 20 percent over the past six months, however, one strategist fears the rally could be short-lived.
- Dreamliner Flying Again in US After Lengthy Grounding @ CNBC - 8 hours ago
After 123 days being grounded and then repaired to ensure its battery systems do not catch fire, Boeing 787 Dreamliners are about to once again make commercial flight in the United States. A United Airlines ...
- Japan's '3 Arrows' May Run Into German Wall @ CNBC - 9 hours ago
The Japanese prime minister will have a tough job in trying to convince his G-8 colleagues that his "three arrows" stimulus program will be able to address deeply ingrained structural problems ...
- Woah, Is It Time to Slow That Yen Fall? CNBC - 9 hours ago
Eight months into the yen's steep decline and Japan's policymakers are starting to voice their concern about the pace of the currency's move.
- Bernanke's Testimony Critical to Oil Prices @ CNBC - 9 hours ago
The U.S. dollar and its reaction to the Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke's Congress testimony on Wednesday will prove central for crude oil price direction this week, according to CNBC's weekly survey ...
- [video] Meet the Steve Jobs of China @ CNBC - 11 hours ago
CNBC's Eunice Yoon reports on Apple's latest competitor who is taking China by storm.
- [video] Maersk Line Swings Back Into Black: CEO @ CNBC - 11 hours ago
Tim Smith, North Asia CEO of Maersk Line says a reduction in costs helped first-quarter earnings swing back into the black from a loss a year ago. He says new capacity coming into the Chinese market are ...
- [video] New Listings Pipeline Looks Healthy: SET @ CNBC - 12 hours ago
Chanitr Charnchainarong, Executive Vice President of Thailand's Stock Exchange says the pipeline for new listings looks healthy as more firms from diversified sectors apply.
- [video] Why Are Japanese Tourists Shunning Seoul? @ CNBC - 12 hours ago
The prolonged weakness in the Japanese yen is taking a toll on many of South Korea's industries, including tourism. SBS CNBC's Rhie Young Lim reports.
- Central Banks in Driving Seat for Asia Markets CNBC - 12 hours ago
A two-day Bank of Japan meeting, a speech by the Federal Reserve's chief and minutes from the latest Reserve Bank of Australia gathering put central banks in focus for Asian markets in the week ahead.
- [video] Markets Awaiting Shinzo Abe's "Third Arrow" @ CNBC - 12 hours ago
Michael Spencer, Chief Economist, Asia Pacific at Deutsche Bank says Japan's radical quantitative easing program will not be sufficient to sustain growth. He believes structural reform is more important....
- [video] Asian Growth at Inflection Point: Analyst @ CNBC - 12 hours ago
Michael Spencer, Chief Economist, Asia Pacific at Deutsche Bank, says that in three to six months it will be obvious to investors that there is growth in Asia.
- [video] No Chance of Fed Tapering QE Yet: Expert @ CNBC - 13 hours ago
Paul Gambles, Managing Partner at MBMG International, explains why he does not see any evidence that the U.S. central bank is mapping out any exit.
- Six Weeks Key to Deciding Detroit's Bankruptcy Fate @ CNBC - 14 hours ago
Bond restructurings, negotiated settlements with bondholders and bond insurers, and tough talk with unionized workers are on the agenda as Detroit's emergency financial manager tries to meet a self-imposed, ...
- How Farm Waste May Make Biofuels Matter Again CNBC - 18 hours ago
- Yahoo Board Agrees to Buy Tumblr for $1 Billion: Report @ CNBC - 18 hours ago
The Yahoo board has approved a deal to pay $1.1 billion for the blogging site Tumblr, according to a report in The Wall Street Journal.
- ZenoRadio, a Poor Man's Pandora, Is Booming CNBC - 19 hours ago
- As TV Migrates Online, Cable's Under Pressure CNBC - 19 hours ago
- Brands Roll the Red Carpet at Cannes Film Festival @ CNBC - 21 hours ago
Brands from Belvedere to Magnum ice cream have ubiquitous presences during the Cannes Film Festival, hoping to boost their exposure.
- These Tech Giants Also Covered by the Cloud CNBC - Sun, May 19, 2013 12:05 AM EDT
- New Bill to Colleges: Prove Your Worth CNBC - Sat, May 18, 2013 2:34 PM EDT
A new bipartisan bill, the Student Right to Know Before You Go Act, aims to press colleges into providing prospective students and families with data on the employment outcomes of their graduates.
- 'Fruitvale Station' Gets Big Applause at Cannes @ CNBC - Sat, May 18, 2013 2:07 PM EDT
Shot on a low budget of less than a million dollars, Sundance Film Festival winner "Fruitvale Station" is taking the Cannes Film Festival by storm.
- Waffle Taco, Bacon Sundae: Restaurants Wow CNBC - Sat, May 18, 2013 1:50 PM EDT
- Restaurants Fear Tough Drunk-Driving Law CNBC - Sat, May 18, 2013 12:34 AM EDT
- Bulls Will Drive Market, but Bernanke Is Steering @ CNBC - Fri, May 17, 2013 9:08 PM EDT
Bullish momentum should drive stocks higher into the week ahead as markets watch to see if Fed chairman Ben Bernanke weighs in on whether the economy is strong enough to justify paring back on Fed bond ...
- [video] Is the Deficit Being Cut Too Fast? @ CNBC - Fri, May 17, 2013 7:53 PM EDT
Arthur Laffer, chairman, Laffer Associates, discusses the falling deficit and why some people are saying the deficit is being cut too fast.
- [video] Bad Week for Obama @ CNBC - Fri, May 17, 2013 7:42 PM EDT
Howard Dean (D) former VT Governor, and Sean Spicer, Republican National Committee, discuss the IRS scandal, the AP phone records issue, Benghazi talking points, and missing terrorists.
- [video] Tim Cook Says Corporate Taxes Too High @ CNBC - Fri, May 17, 2013 7:30 PM EDT
Seema Mody reports on Apple CEO Tim Cook's statement that corporate taxes are too high, ahead of his Congressional testimony next week. With Dean Garfield, Information Technology Industry Council, and ...
- [video] Who Really Wins In Powerball? @ CNBC - Fri, May 17, 2013 7:26 PM EDT
Seema Mody discusses who the real winner is in the $600 million Powerball lottery.
- [video] Are Investors All-In on the Rally? @ CNBC - Fri, May 17, 2013 7:15 PM EDT
Arthur Laffer, Chairman, Laffer Associates, and Dan Greenhaus, BTIG, discuss the Obama economy in light of tepid profits. Seema Mody weighs in on why the market is still the place to be.