- FedEx posts earnings of $1.57 a share vs. $1.64 a share estimate @ CNBC - 20 minutes ago
Analysts had expected FedEx to report earnings excluding items of $1.64 a share on $11.44 billion in revenue, according to a consensus estimate from Thomson Reuters. What is Fed Ex's stock doing now? (Click ...
- [video] AMC: Bigger seats, bigger profits? @ CNBC - 28 minutes ago
AMC Theaters is making its public debut today and will use part of the money to upgrade older theaters with new leather reclining seats, reports CNBC's Michelle Caruso-Cabrera.
- [video] FOMC preview: Is taper in the cards? @ CNBC - 44 minutes ago
Kevin Hassett, American Enterprise Institute, and John Faraci, International Paper Chairman & CEO, discusses the outlook on the U.S. economy, and whether it's time for the Federal Reserve to taper. It's ...
- Chart of the Day: Where we're shopping this weekend @ CNBC - 50 minutes ago
Next Wednesday is Christmas, and according to the National Retail Federation more than a fifth of shoppers still aren't finished with their lists.
- Recession's over ... so who forgot to tell diners? @ CNBC - 51 minutes ago
Despite aggressive promotions, stagnant sales at sit-down restaurants continue to zap overall industry growth.
- Chart of the day: Bad signs in ocean freight @ CNBC - 51 minutes ago
There's been a dip in imports and exports, according to the latest figures for ocean container freight in and out of the United States.
- Preview of a taper? Mortgage apps plunge @ CNBC - 51 minutes ago
Mortgage applications fell to their lowest level in more than 12 years in the past week, according to a weekly report.
- [video] Retail scorecard: Big box vs. online @ CNBC - 58 minutes ago
Gian Fulgoni, ComScore executive chairman & co-founder, provides an update on this season's e-commerce winners and losers. The multichannel's strategy to begin the holiday shopping season on Thanksgiving ...
- [video] Ukrainian protest called over $15B Russian bailout @ CNBC - 1 hour 5 minutes ago
CNBC's Michelle Caruso-Cabrera has the latest details on Russia's bailout plans with Ukraine.
- [video] Data indicates Fed should taper: Pro @ CNBC - 1 hour 12 minutes ago
Robin Harding, Financial Times, and Peter Boockvar, The Lindsey Group, provide perspective on whether the Fed is likely to announce tapering today. The bond market is ready for a taper, Boockvar says.
- [video] Tough love in the workplace @ CNBC - 1 hour 24 minutes ago
Joanne Lipman, Harvard Business Review contributor, discusses her book, "No Strings Attached," a look at what it takes to create a culture of excellence in the workplace. Confidence is key, Lipman ...
- [video] Global markets: European indexes post gains @ CNBC - 1 hour 30 minutes ago
CNBC's Ross Westgate reports on all the market moving events from Europe, as unemployment in the United Kingdom drops to its lowest rate in nearly five years.
- Grandparents scrimp, but splurge on grandkids @ CNBC - 1 hour 51 minutes ago
Grandparents may cut back on their holiday party treats, but they don't want to stop indulging their grandchildren.
- The $10K question: How to buy an engagement ring @ CNBC - 1 hour 51 minutes ago
'Tis the season to get engaged, and more shoppers are spending $10,000-plus on a ring. How to get the most bling for your buck.
- US treasurys edge lower ahead of Fed decision @ CNBC - 2 hours 1 minute ago
U.S government debt prices edged lower on Wednesday as caution set in ahead of the U.S. Federal Reserve policy committee's last meeting of the year.
- [video] Investing in a college degree: Is it worth it? @ CNBC - 2 hours 1 minute ago
Katherine Cohen, founder and CEO of IvyWise, says a university degree brings in "returns on investment" as unemployment among young adults is higher for those without a college education.
- [video] 'Tightening is anticipated': Pro @ CNBC - 2 hours 21 minutes ago
Patrick Spencer, director of international institutional equity sales at Baird, says that while the market has prepared for tapering, the Fed is unlikely to announce it on Wednesday.
- Wall Street awaits closely watched Fed decision @ CNBC - 2 hours 23 minutes ago
U.S. stock index futures ticked up ahead of the much-anticipated outcome of the U.S. Federal Reserve's final policy meeting of the year.
- Just how fast are the really rich getting richer? @ CNBC - 2 hours 47 minutes ago
The rich are getting richer at a fast clip, led by the Oracle of Omaha, Warren Buffett, who earned $37 million a day this year, Wealth-X said.
- European shares higher; Fed decision eyed; M&S falls @ CNBC - 2 hours 49 minutes ago
European equities were higher in morning trade as investors tried to second guess the outcome of the U.S. Federal Reserve's final policy meeting of the year.
- [video] Why the Fed should just 'get on with it' @ CNBC - 2 hours 51 minutes ago
Rob Carnell, chief international economist at ING, says the Fed should just "get on with it" when it comes to tapering, as the inflation argument is a "weak one."
- [video] Can Iran increase its oil production further? @ CNBC - 3 hours ago
Majid Jafar, CEO of Crescent Petroleum, discusses Iranian oil exports and highlights how, over the past couple years, oil prices have remained stable despite "political turmoil."
- UK unemployment falls, putting rate hike in focus @ CNBC - 3 hours ago
Britain's unemployment rate fell faster than expected in the three months to October, edging closer the Bank of England's threshold level for considering a hike in interest rates.
- [video] China Mobile deal with Apple will happen: Pro @ CNBC - 3 hours ago
Bertram Lai, deputy head of Asian equity research at CIMB, says that it's "only a matter of time" before a deal between China Mobile and Apple is announced.
- [video] India awaits Fed announcement: Economist @ CNBC - 3 hours ago
Julian Callow, chief international economist at Barclays, highlights that India remains "very sensitive" to Fed action and that a Fed announcement is "critical" for the rupee and the ...
- Dutch prostitutes demand same pension perks as footballers CNBC - 3 hours ago
- [video] Introducing Ross...Burgundy! @ CNBC - 3 hours ago
CNBC's Ross Westgate impersonates Ron Burgundy to question Jan Lambregts, global head of financial markets research at Rabobank International, on whether "there's any other currency than dollar."...
- [video] Can Germany sustain its competitiveness? @ CNBC - 3 hours ago
Jan Lambregts, global head of financial markets research at Rabobank International, discusses the German economy following the release of the latest Ifo data and Merkel's election as Chancellor.
- Bitcoin price halves as China clampdown escalates CNBC - 3 hours ago
- [video] UK gears up for move to plastic banknotes @ CNBC - 4 hours ago
The Bank of England (BoE) is expected to announce on Wednesday whether it will switch to plastic banknotes, following a public consultation program on the matter.
- [video] Are cheap tablets the perfect Christmas gift? @ CNBC - 4 hours ago
Sharif Sakr, senior European editor at Engadget, discusses the winners and losers in the low-end tablet market this Christmas.
- Europe's banking plans: Backstops and bail-ins @ CNBC - 4 hours ago
The euro zone's plans to reshape its banking system and deal with future crises can seem like nothing more than an excuse to create new bureaucracies.
- German business in 'festive mood' in December @ CNBC - 4 hours ago
German business sentiment rose in December, according to data released by the Ifo Institute on Wednesday, adding to a raft of recent positive economic data from the euro zone's largest economy.
- [video] Confidence in Chinese stocks at 2-year high: Pro @ CNBC - 4 hours ago
Philip Uglow, chief economist at MNI, says the Chinese economy is "coming off the boil" but confidence in Chinese stocks is on the up.
- [video] No need to panic over China bitcoin clampdown: BTC China @ CNBC - 4 hours ago
Bobby Lee, CEO of BTC China, says there is no need to panic after Chinese authorities blocked the country's Bitcoin exchanges from accepting new cash inflows.
- [video] Japanese equities not in a bull market yet: Pro @ CNBC - 4 hours ago
Ewan Cameron Watt, chief investment strategist at BlackRock Investment Institute, says he expects money to flow into Japanese equities in 2014.
- [video] European shares open higher before Fed decision @ CNBC - 4 hours ago
European equities opened higher on Wednesday as investors await the conclusion of the U.S. Federal Reserve's final policy meeting of the year.
- [video] EM slowdown could hit European economy: Moody's @ CNBC - 5 hours ago
Petr Zemcik, director of European economics at Moody's Analytics, says the European economy is driven by exports and a slowdown in emerging markets will weaken demand for European exports.
- Pimco's three big worries for Asia in 2014 @ CNBC - 5 hours ago
Markets may fuss over what the Federal Reserve's next move means for Asian economies, but the region also faces three homegrown issues, Pimco said.
- UK gears up for 2016 switch to plastic banknotes CNBC - 5 hours ago
- [video] Oil market is underestimating demand in 2014: Pro @ CNBC - 5 hours ago
Amrita Sen, chief oil analyst at Energy Aspects, says the oil market could see surprisingly strong demand in 2014.
- Asia stocks mixed before FOMC; Nikkei rallies on reform hopes @ CNBC - 5 hours ago
Japanese stocks outperformed on Wednesday on hopes that Prime Minister Shinzo Abe will unveil details on key reforms.
- [video] It's unclear who is in charge at the Fed: Pro @ CNBC - 5 hours ago
Stephen King, chief global economist at HSBC, says markets will feel more settled when Janet Yellen finally takes the reins at the Federal Reserve.
- [video] Bond market would see 'knee-jerk' taper reaction: Pro @ CNBC - 6 hours ago
Peter Chatwell, senior interest rate strategist at Credit Agricole CIB, says there would only be a "knee-jerk" reaction to tapering from European periphery bond investors.
- [video] Banking union looks complicated: Pro @ CNBC - 6 hours ago
Christian Schulz, senior economist at Berenberg Bank, says the European Union's banking union plans look complicated and would not have prevented a collapse like that of Lehman Brothers had it been in ...
- [video] Fed aiming for 'dovish taper' today: Pro @ CNBC - 6 hours ago
Jonathan Webb, head of FX strategy at Jefferies Bache, discusses the best currency trades amid the possibility of a small taper today.
- [video] Taper timeline: When is it coming? @ CNBC - 6 hours ago
CNBC's Tom McKenzie outlines the tapering timing predictions from some major banks and politicians.
- India central bank surprises by keeping rates steady @ CNBC - 7 hours ago
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has kept interest rates unchanged at 7.75 percent on Wednesday, defying expectations of a hike after the inflation rate surged in November.
- [video] Was rupee's stabilization behind RBI's decision? @ CNBC - 7 hours ago
Sani Hamid, Director, Wealth Management, Economy and Market Strategy at Financial Alliance speculates on what led the Indian central bank to hold fire at Wednesday's meeting.
- [video] A bullish new year for all? Fund managers think so @ CNBC - 7 hours ago
Fund managers are very bullish about the prospects for the global economy, corporate profits and equities in the new year, according to a BoFA-ML survey. CNBC's Julia Wood has more.