- Stocks Fall 1%, Dow Slumps 150 After Bernanke @ CNBC - 6 minutes ago
Stocks extended their losses in the final minutes of trading Wednesday, with the Dow dropping more than 150 points, after the Federal Reserve said it will maintain its bond-buying program, though Chairman ...
- Taper Tipoff? Bernanke Hints Easing End Is Nearing CNBC - 37 minutes ago
- Sex-Toy Battle Shows Industry's Size Matters @ CNBC - 1 hour 12 minutes ago
A federal ruling this week on a patent battle between vibrator makers is latest sign that sex toys have moved from niche industry to big business.
- Zimmer, You Might Not Like the Way This Looks CNBC - 1 hour 39 minutes ago
- How to Invest for a (Mostly) Tax-Free Retirement CNBC - 1 hour 43 minutes ago
- Read the Federal Reserve's FOMC Statement @ CNBC - 1 hour 51 minutes ago
Read the latest statement from the Federal Reserve's Federal Open Market Committee.
- [video] Fed: Prepared to Adjust Pace of Bond Purchases As Needed @ CNBC - 1 hour 52 minutes ago
Dissecting the Fed's statement, and what it means for the economy, with Diane Swonk, Mesirow Financial chief economist; David Kelly, JPMorgan Funds chief global strategist; and CNBC's Bob Pisani and Rick ...
- The Chocolate Indicator: Hershey's S&P Prediction @ CNBC - 1 hour 54 minutes ago
Life may be like a box of chocolates, but how about the stock market? Why Hershey could be calling the market's next move.
- [video] Fed: No Change in Purchase Program @ CNBC - 1 hour 56 minutes ago
There is no change in the Fed purchase program, reports CNBC's Steve Liesman. The Federal Reserve says the labor market conditions have improved, but jobless rates are elevated.
- Final Trade: Your First Move for Thursday, June 20 @ CNBC - 2 hours 0 minutes ago
The "Fast Money" traders share their final trades of the day.
- [video] Fed Decision Minutes Away @ CNBC - 2 hours 1 minute ago
Checking on the markets minutes before the Fed decision, with Diane Swonk, Mesirow Financial Chief Economist, and David Kelly, JPMorgan Funds Chief Global Strategist.
- Placing Odds on Who Will Succeed Bernanke @ CNBC - 2 hours 9 minutes ago
Ben Bernanke will most likely step down when his second term as Fed chairman ends in January. Here are the top contenders to lead the central bank once he's gone.
- [video] Power Rundown: Bernanke's Next Act @ CNBC - 2 hours 9 minutes ago
Fed Chairman Ben Bernanke has evaded questions about his life beyond employment at the Fed. CNBC's John Carney and Robert Frank, discuss.
- Midday Movers: BLUE, MW, TTEK & More @ CNBC - 2 hours 10 minutes ago
Take a look at some of Wednesday's midday movers:
- [video] Obesity Officially a Disease @ CNBC - 2 hours 14 minutes ago
The American Medical Association says obesity should be classified as a disease. CNBC's Bertha Coombs reports AMA's Patrice Harris says the hope is for doctors to be more proactive in treating obese patients....
- [video] FBI Ends Search For Hoffa @ CNBC - 2 hours 20 minutes ago
The FBI has failed to find remains of ex-Teamsters leader Jimmy Hoffa in a field outside suburban Detroit, with the "Power Lunch" crew. The search goes on.
- [video] Final Trades Before Fed Statement @ CNBC - 2 hours 20 minutes ago
Anticipating the Fed's policy statement, with CNBC contributors Jeff Kilburg and Jim Iuorio.
- [video] BlackBerry Drops After Downgrade @ CNBC - 2 hours 25 minutes ago
Bernstein downgraded BlackBerry, citing weak traction for the company's new BlackBerry 10 phone, reports CNBC's Seema Mody.
- [video] Santelli's Midday Bond Report @ CNBC - 2 hours 26 minutes ago
CNBC's Rick Santelli discusses bond prices and yields.
- [video] Power Pitch: Bet on Startup iCracked? @ CNBC - 2 hours 32 minutes ago
Have you ever cracked your iPhone screen? AJ Forsythe, iCracked founder and CEO pitches a new company that can help you. David Tisch, Boxgroup, and Tim Draper, Draper Fisher Jurvetson, discuss whether ...
- What Leon Cooperman Is Buying Now @ CNBC - 2 hours 33 minutes ago
Bonds, schmonds. Leon Cooperman of Omega Advisors says that regardless of what bonds do in the near term, there are plenty of stocks that will outperform right now.
- [video] DreamWorks CEO's 'Really Good Arrangement' With Netflix @ CNBC - 2 hours 42 minutes ago
CNBC's Julia Boorstin speaks to DreamWorks Animation CEO Jeffrey Katzenberg about his company's partnership with the Chinese government and its deal with Netflix.
- [video] Beware of the Topless Protesters @ CNBC - 2 hours 43 minutes ago
About any major protester in Europe these days has to be on alert for topless protesters, with the "Power Lunch" crew.
- [video] Micron Tech to Report Q3 Earnings @ CNBC - 2 hours 47 minutes ago
CNBC's Seema Mody shares a preview of Micron Tech's Q3 earnings before the company reports tonight.
- [video] What to Expect From the Fed @ CNBC - 2 hours 53 minutes ago
CNBC's Steve Liesman discusses expectations for the Fed; and Kenny Polcari, O'Neil Securities, and CNBC's Bob Pisani, break down how the market is anticipating the Fed.
- [video] FMHR Final Trade @ CNBC - 2 hours 58 minutes ago
The FMHR traders reveal their final trades of the hour.
- [video] Sectors to Watch Ahead of Fed @ CNBC - 3 hours ago
The FMHR crew share their sector trades on the FOMC minutes.
- Jeep Recall Smaller Than Sought by Safety Watchdog @ CNBC - 3 hours ago
About 1.2 million Jeeps originally listed as part of a recall have been excluded from the compromise between Chrysler and the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. The others are covered by a ...
- Watch the Fed's Economic Forecast for 'Taper' Clues @ CNBC - 3 hours ago
The economic forecasts of Federal Reserve officials could carry more weight than usual when traders dissect the Fed's message Wednesday afternoon, and it may provide more clues about when the Fed could ...
- [video] Debate It! Go for the Gold? @ CNBC - 3 hours ago
Fast Money traders Jon Najarian and Steve Weiss debate a bear versus bull play on the precious metal.
- Jeff Gundlach: Bet on a 'Most Hated Asset' @ CNBC - 3 hours ago
Expect a rally in bonds very soon, DoubleLine Capital's Jeff Gundlach says.
- The SEC Should Target Individuals, Not Companies @ CNBC - 3 hours ago
The SEC said that defendants may no longer be able to neither admit nor deny guilt in some cases. The former chairman of the SEC, told CNBC that this new development is a good one, but the agency needs ...
- [video] What's Leon Cooperman Buying Now? @ CNBC - 3 hours ago
Leon Cooperman, Omega Advisors chairman & CEO, discusses what he hopes to hear from the Fed later today, adding there are plenty of stocks out there with more attractive yields than 10-year Treasurys. ...
- Obamacare to Hurt Jobs? It's Happening, Poll Finds @ CNBC - 3 hours ago
Forty-eight percent of small business owners think Obamacare will be bad for their bottom line, with a majority holding off on hiring or even shedding workers as a result, a Gallup poll has found.
- [video] Don't Make These Bond Mistakes: Gundlach @ CNBC - 3 hours ago
Bond King Jeffrey Gundlach of DoubleLine Capital explains why he thinks it doesn't pay for investors looking for yield to leave bonds and buy dividend stocks or REITs.
- Santelli to Fed: 'What Are You Afraid Of?' @ CNBC - 3 hours ago
CNBC's Rick Santelli had some tough talk for the Fed and Bernanke Wednesday morning. But he didn't stop there. He also challenged WSJ Reporter Jon Hilsenrath. Watch the clips and check out the firestorm ...
- [video] Gundlach: Bet on a 'Most Hated Asset' @ CNBC - 3 hours ago
The Fed will likely signal a reduction of asset purchases, making one investment the best bet in the near future, DoubleLine Capital's Jeff Gundlach says.
- [video] Gundlach: Bonds Will Rally; Gold Will Hit New Low @ CNBC - 3 hours ago
Men's Wearhouse founder George Zimmer defends his position at the company that fired him, reports CNBC's Josh Lipton. Jeffrey Gundlach, DoubleLine Capital, explains why the Fed's tapering program makes ...
- [video] South Korean Robot Dances 'Gangnam Style' @ CNBC - 3 hours ago
Hubo 2, a robot built in South Korea shows off its Gangnam Style moves. From this morning's Today show.
- [video] Cashin: Bernanke's Legacy @ CNBC - 4 hours ago
The Fed chairman will likely discuss his "legacy" at today's Fed announcement following the FOMC meetings, says Art Cashin, of UBS.
- Bernanke Is 'the Ultimate Lame Duck': Langone @ CNBC - 4 hours ago
Whatever Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke says now is "temporary" because it looks like he'll be leaving his post, billionaire investor Kenneth Langone tells CNBC.
- [video] 90 Seconds with Art Cashin: Tapering on Bernanke's Watch @ CNBC - 4 hours ago
CNBC's Bob Pisani and Art Cashin, of UBS, discuss Bernanke ahead of his speech. He's in a funny position, says Cashin, who believes the Fed Chairman is also going to address his legacy. There will be talk ...
- [video] Santelli To Hilsenrath: Why Do We Still Need QE? @ CNBC - 4 hours ago
Are reporters lobbing "softball" questions at the Fed chairman? CNBC's Rick Santelli and the Wall Street Journal's Jon Hilsenrath, debate whether the economy continues to need quantitative easing. ...
- [video] European Market Closes Lower @ CNBC - 4 hours ago
European shares closed lower on Wednesday, as investors awaited a key policy statement by the Federal Reserve after its two-day meeting.
- [video] European Markets Close Lower @ CNBC - 4 hours ago
CNBC's Simon Hobbs reports on all the market moving events in Europe today, as investors await a key policy statement by the Federal Reserve after its two-day meeting.
- [video] Markets Are Ready for Bernanke: Pro @ CNBC - 4 hours ago
Sam Stovall, chief equity strategist at S&P Capital IQ, explains that markets expects Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke to say that tapering is not the same as tightening, and advises on how to invest....
- [video] Speculation Abounds Ahead of Facebook Announcement @ CNBC - 4 hours ago
Potential details are already leaking ahead of the company's big announcement on Thursday, reports CNBC's Julia Boorstin.
- Cramer: Stop the Federal Reserve 'Parlor Games' @ CNBC - 4 hours ago
There's too much speculation in the market about Federal Reserve actions, and it's distracting investors from looking at individual stocks, CNBC's Jim Cramer says.
- [video] Obama Highlights Shared Values in Berlin: Pro @ CNBC - 4 hours ago
Volker Treier, deputy chief executive at the German Chamber of Industry & Commerce, comments on Obama's Berlin speech, and its emphasis on shared values.
- [video] Banks Eye Fed Decision on Rates @ CNBC - 4 hours ago
David Trone, JMP Securities analyst, and Jason Goldberg, Barclays analyst, explain how the Fed's decision on interest rates will impact the financial sector.