- Hong Kong's revolution: Post-it notes & smartphones @ CNBC - 16 minutes ago
An umbrella, a towel, shorts and a smart phone. Throw in some Post-it notes and you're on Day 7 of Hong Kong's pro-democracy demonstrations.
- Warren Buffett gets into auto business @ CNBC - 17 minutes ago
The billionaire investor on Thursday said he's buying Van Tuyl Group, the nation's largest, privately held car dealership chain.
- Business as usual not easy when family ties fray @ CNBC - 18 minutes ago
When families get into conflict, the businesses they run can quickly fall apart. Financial advisors specializing in family businesses can help.
- [video] Movie biz 25 years from now... @ CNBC - 25 minutes ago
CNBC's Julia Boorstin takes a look at the way viewers will likely consumer content in the year 2039.
- Europe off session lows as ECB holds rates @ CNBC - 26 minutes ago
European shares were lower but clawed back some losses as investors awaited a press conference with Mario Draghi, the president of the European Central Bank (ECB).
- ECB live blog: Police clash with protesters in Naples @ CNBC - 28 minutes ago
Anti-austerity protesters took to the streets in Naples as the ECB leaves rates unchanged. Draghi's press conference is now in focus.
- ECB keeps rates unchanged, stimulus details eyed @ CNBC - 31 minutes ago
The ECB kept interest rates at record lows on Thursday after last month's shock decision to cut further and announce fresh stimulus plans.
- [video] ECB leaves benchmark interest rate unchanged: Reaction @ CNBC - 33 minutes ago
David Covey, head of European ABS strategy at Nomura, gives his reaction to the ECB's decision to leave its benchmark interest rate unchanged and discusses what Mario Draghi might say in the press conference....
- [video] Trading block: Crude slides; US dollar reigns @ CNBC - 34 minutes ago
Matt Smith, Schneider Electric, discusses why crude prices are hitting 52-week lows. And Boris Schlossberg, BK Asset Manangement, provides his play on the euro versus the U.S. dollar.
- Oil walloped to lowest levels in more than a year @ CNBC - 41 minutes ago
Brent and West Texas Intermediate plunged to their lowest in at least a year, with prices depressed by oversupply and fears about the global economy.
- [video] Is America prepared for Ebola? @ CNBC - 44 minutes ago
Tevi Troy, American Health Policy Institute, discusses what the medical community can do to contain the spread of Ebola.
- [video] Challenger: September jobs cut lowest in 14 years @ CNBC - 47 minutes ago
John Challenger, Gray & Christmas CEO, runs through the latest employment report which shows a significant drop in planned job cuts.
- [video] The questions Draghi needs to answer over ABS @ CNBC - 48 minutes ago
David Covey, head of European ABS strategy at Nomura, discusses how the ECB's ABS purchase program could play out and some of the likely details of the scheme.
- How photographs saved the Israel-Egypt peace talks @ CNBC - 49 minutes ago
Former U.S. President Jimmy Carter has said one of his greatest successes as president was the work for peace he carried out between Israel and Egypt, which led to a treaty between the two nations.
- [video] Inside Alcoa's aluminum lithium factory @ CNBC - 1 hour 0 minutes ago
CNBC's Morgan Brennan reports on Alcoa's aggressive expansion into aerospace manufacturing.
- [video] How to trade FX, bonds on ECB moves @ CNBC - 1 hour 3 minutes ago
Adam Cole, head of currency strategy at RBC, and Justin Knight, head of European rates Strategy at UBS, discuss the best currency and bond trades on the back of ECB policy action.
- [video] Could see 'full-blown' 10% correction: Pro @ CNBC - 1 hour 11 minutes ago
James Paulsen, Wells Capital Management, and Brian Belski, BMO Capital Markets, share their outlook on the markets. Corrections come when you least expect them, says Belski.
- [video] Italy has 'spectacular potential' for growth: Pro @ CNBC - 1 hour 13 minutes ago
Luca Peyrano, head of primary markets at Borsa Italiana, says structural reform and ECB help will unlock the potential for "spectacular growth" in Italy.
- [video] ECB needs to help 'crucial' SMEs: Pro @ CNBC - 1 hour 13 minutes ago
Luca Peyrano, head of primary markets at Borsa Italiana, says small- and medium-sized businesses are "crucial" for economic growth and the ECB's measures need to help them prosper.
- [video] Questions surface on handling of Ebola case @ CNBC - 1 hour 17 minutes ago
The first person in the U.S. to be diagnosed with Ebola was released by the hospital despite telling hospital staff he traveled to Africa, reports CNBC's Meg Tirrell.
- [video] Tour inside $85M spec home @ CNBC - 1 hour 35 minutes ago
CNBC's Robert Frank takes a tour of a new $85 million spec home in Beverly Hills, which has a garage that lifts your car into the living room and a 54-foot wall of glass that opens onto views of Los Angeles....
- [video] No auto loan bubble: AutoNation CEO @ CNBC - 1 hour 45 minutes ago
Mike Jackson, AutoNation chairman & CEO, weighs in on the role of sub-prime auto loans in the marketplace.
- [video] September 'excellent' sales month: AutoNation CEO @ CNBC - 1 hour 48 minutes ago
Mike Jackson, AutoNation chairman & CEO, provides a look inside September's auto sales, and shares his thoughts on Ford's outlook and the new changeover in the F-150 Series.
- Putin: Russia will remain open economy @ CNBC - 1 hour 50 minutes ago
Russian President Putin pledged Russia would continue to develop as an open market - but stop using the US dollar for trade.
- [video] Investor confidence waning on weak data? @ CNBC - 2 hours 6 minutes ago
Phil Orlando, Federated chief equity strategist, and Drew Matus, UBS deputy chief U.S. economist, weigh in on the market's weak October start, and provide insight to Fed policy and interest rates.
- [video] Number of Hong Kong protesters dwindles @ CNBC - 2 hours 8 minutes ago
CNBC's Susan Li, reports the city's chief executive has issued a deadline as the Hong Kong anti-government protest lingers on.
- [video] Ebola raises red flag over Texas @ CNBC - 2 hours 13 minutes ago
The U.S. Ebola patient was released from the hospital before his diagnosis and that has some worried about U.S. preparedness, reports CNBC's Meg Tirrell.
- How stocks can recover from dismal October start @ CNBC - 2 hours 15 minutes ago
The stars aligned against stocks Wednesday, but the market could snap back as traders count down to the September employment report.
- [video] Can stocks bounce back after rough October start? @ CNBC - 2 hours 20 minutes ago
After the Dow's 238 point drop Wednesday, today's ECB meeting and tomorrow's U.S. jobs report could be the catalysts to turn things around.
- Tension builds on Wall Street ahead of payrolls @ CNBC - 2 hours 53 minutes ago
Wall Street looked set for a weak open on Thursday, with investors nervous ahead of official employment data.
- [video] Europe 'faces an uphill climb': Pro @ CNBC - 3 hours ago
Gemma Godfrey, head of investment strategy at Brooks Macdonald Asset Management, says that the European ABS market is not large enough for the ECB to reach its balance sheet expansion target.
- Paris Motor Show highlights EM speed bumps @ CNBC - 3 hours ago
The Paris Motor Show kicks off amid ongoing uncertainty for Europe's carmakers, as political storm clouds gather over traditionally high-growth emerging markets.
- [video] Russia is open to foreign investors: Deputy fin min @ CNBC - 3 hours ago
When the oil price falls, so does the ruble says Alexei V. Moiseev, Russia's deputy minister of finance. He adds that no measures have been taken to close Russia to foreign investors.
- [video] What Renzi can do for Italian business @ CNBC - 3 hours ago
Guglielmo Miani, CEO of Larusmiani, discusses what Italian companies are doing to offset weak domestic consumption, and says that businesses need more labor market flexibility.
- [video] Lamborghini unveils plug-in hybrid concept car: CEO @ CNBC - 3 hours ago
Stefan Winkelmann, CEO of Lamborghini, discusses the company's first plug-in hybrid car, but says there's still a lot of work to do. He also comments on Lamborghini's second-biggest market, China.
- [video] Hyundai 'regionalization strategy is very firm': COO @ CNBC - 3 hours ago
Allan Rushforth, senior vice president and COO at Hyundai Motor Europe, says the group's regionalization strategy gives it durability and stability, and discusses challenges ahead.
- [video] 'Clearly there is a crisis' in Russia: CEO @ CNBC - 4 hours ago
Russia is in the midst of a crisis which is a "huge stimulating factor for change" says Ruben Aganbegyan, CEO of Otkritie Financial Corporation. He also comments on rumors of capital control
- [video] We 'need some numbers' from ECB: Economist @ CNBC - 4 hours ago
Azad Zangana, European economist at Schroders, says investors want the ECB to spell out "solid numbers" on its TLTRO program and discusses the central bank's strategy.
- [video] Rocket Internet CEO on fall of share price on debut @ CNBC - 4 hours ago
Oliver Samwer, CEO of Rocket Internet, says he is positive on the long-term prospects for the company's shares after they fell sharply on market debut.
- [video] Seeing 'uplift' in EU demand: SEAT CEO @ CNBC - 4 hours ago
Juergen Stackmann, CEO of SEAT, say he is "positive" the European car market will stabilize and grow.
- [video] 'You can't win them all': Nasdaq on Alibaba @ CNBC - 4 hours ago
Hans-Ole Jochumsen, president of trading and market services at NASDAQ OMX Group, says "you can't win them all" in response to Alibaba listing on the New York Stock Exchange.
- [video] Draghi needs 'bias' towards more easing: Pro @ CNBC - 5 hours ago
Anna Stupnytska, global economist at Fidelity Worldwide Investments, says ECB President Mario Draghi needs to show "bias" towards further policy action.
- [video] Europe shares lower as global selloff continues @ CNBC - 5 hours ago
European shares were lower in morning trade on Thursday, amid a wider global selloff, as investors focus on an upcoming rate decision by the European Central Bank (ECB).
- [video] Buy Russian stocks but don't hold: Pro @ CNBC - 5 hours ago
Alan Miller, founding partner at SCM Private, says he is buying Russian equities again after a long break, but explains that it is a short-term play.
- Ford CEO denies lulled into false sense of security CNBC - 5 hours ago
- [video] Mid-2015 'earliest' for Ulmart IPO: Chair @ CNBC - 5 hours ago
Dmitry Kostygin, chairman of the board at Russian online retailer Ulmart, says the company will not go public before mid-2015 at the earliest.
- [video] Ulmart 'way faster' than Amazon: Chair @ CNBC - 5 hours ago
Dmitry Kostygin, chairman of the board at Russian online retailer Ulmart, says the company is "way faster" and more reliable than Amazon.
- [video] Russia capital controls 'impossible': Econ Min @ CNBC - 5 hours ago
Russian economy minister Alexey Ulyukaev says it is "impossible" that the government will implement capital controls.
- [video] Russia capital controls a 'credible threat': Pro @ CNBC - 5 hours ago
Paul Donovan, global economist and managing director at UBS, says the fact the Russian government is having to deny they are considering capital controls show they are a "credible threat".
- [video] Vertu launches $6,800 luxury smartphone @ CNBC - 6 hours ago
Max Pogliani, CEO of Vertu, discusses the company's Aster smartphone which costs $6,800.