- Stocks mostly shake off oil decline, but Energy falls 6% @ CNBC - 8 minutes ago
U.S. stocks traded mostly higher on Friday despite pressure from lower oil prices following OPEC's announcement that it would not cut its output.
- ... And these stocks are losing on lower oil @ CNBC - 8 minutes ago
Oil producer and driller stocks are falling after oil's dip, but other energy companies are also seeing their stocks drop.
- Getting an MBA may be cheaper than you think @ CNBC - 25 minutes ago
If you are considering business school but worried about tuition, relax. The top 25 business schools award nearly $235 million yearly in grants.
- Millions of shoppers headed to Wal-Mart, Target @ CNBC - 32 minutes ago
Crowds flocked to Wal-Mart, Target and Toys R Us locations around the U.S. to snatch up doorbuster deals.
- Get appy with your Thanksgiving leftovers @ CNBC - 44 minutes ago
Want to avoid throwing away your Thanksgiving leftovers? Now, there's an app for that.
- Will the US give the Dutch their gold back? @ CNBC - 52 minutes ago
Dennis Gartman has questioned whether the Dutch repatriation of their gold reserves will damage the U.S.'s reputation.
- Best Buy's website down on Black Friday @ CNBC - 1 hour 6 minutes ago
Best Buy's website was down on Friday morning, during one of the busiest shopping days of the year.
- Treasurys rise after OPEC announcement @ CNBC - 1 hour 7 minutes ago
U.S. sovereign bonds rose on Black Friday, with demand for "safe haven" assets boosted after OPEC's announcement.
- Most-requested gift this holiday isn't the smartest @ CNBC - 1 hour 16 minutes ago
Cash may be the most-requested Christmas gift, but there are smarter ways to give financial assets.
- These stocks are winning on lower oil @ CNBC - 1 hour 32 minutes ago
Airlines are soaring on lower oil prices, but other stocks are also seeing big boosts after OPEC's decision not to cut rates.
- Cool gifts ideas for the techie in your life @ CNBC - 2 hours 0 minutes ago
As technology advances, the list of tech ideas gets longer. Trae Bodge, senior editor at RetailMeNot.com highlights a few of her favorites.
- Retail better prepared this Black Friday: Analyst @ CNBC - 2 hours 12 minutes ago
Retailers are more primed this year to capture Black Friday dollars than in shopping seasons past, Dana Telsey said.
- US futures trade mostly lower in wake of OPEC @ CNBC - 2 hours 43 minutes ago
U.S. stock futures were trading mostly lower on Friday, after global markets were hit by OPEC's announcement that it would not cut its output.
- When to withdraw from a 401(k)-or just say no @ CNBC - 3 hours ago
There are several ways and reasons to tap retirement funds before age 59Â½, but advisors say loss of future gains might not be worth the cash today.
- Early Movers: XOM, HAL, DAL, GOOG, TM & more @ CNBC - 3 hours ago
These are the stocks posting the largest moves before the bell.
- Europe shares lower after CPI data; oil stocks fall; airlines gain @ CNBC - 3 hours ago
European shares were lower with oil majors falling sharply after OPEC decided not to cut its production of the commodity.
- Call me maybe with these smart gloves @ CNBC - 4 hours ago
Remember the phase, "talk to the hand," well now that may just be possible with these Bluetooth smart gloves.
- Why Black Friday is heaven for cybercriminals @ CNBC - 4 hours ago
Black Friday and Cyber Monday could provide the perfect cover for cybercriminals, analysts warn.
- Canada's next energy target: Asia @ CNBC - 4 hours ago
Leading figures from Canada's energy industry look at ways of becoming the main exporter of energy and environmental technology to Asia in 20 years.
- Global websites hacked by Syrian Electronic Army @ CNBC - 5 hours ago
A number of websites - including CNBC and other media organizations - were targeted by the Syrian Electronic Army on Thursday.
- Euro zone inflation dips; Italian jobless hits record @ CNBC - 5 hours ago
Euro zone inflation fell again in November amid expectations that the European Central Bank (ECB) could try to bolster the region's economy by announcing further stimulus measures.
- Canada needs unified energy policy: industry chiefs @ CNBC - 5 hours ago
Leaders in Canada's energy sector sent a renewed call for a unified national energy policy.
- Prague: Where China and Russia's 1% love to shop @ CNBC - 5 hours ago
Some 25 years after the fall of communism, Prague has become a favorite shopping destination of Russian and Chinese rich.
- OPEC decision spells trouble for Russia @ CNBC - 6 hours ago
The decision by the OPEC to keep production at current levels in spite of falling oil prices means trouble for the Russian economy, analysts warn.
- Swiss gold vote nears amid '6,000-year bubble' warning @ CNBC - 7 hours ago
With Switzerland edging towards an important referendum on its gold holdings, high profile critics and advocates have added their voices to the argument.
- France paying for past mistakes: Economy Minister @ CNBC - 9 hours ago
French Economy Minister Emmanuel Macron has placed the blame for the sustained weakness in his country's economy with previous administrations.
- Asia stocks mixed on oil slump; Shanghai gains over 10% in November @ CNBC - 9 hours ago
Asian equity markets were mixed on Friday following weak economic data and as oil prices extended their slide.
- Pfizer deal would probably have failed: AZ CEO @ CNBC - 10 hours ago
Pfizer's attempt to gain control of U.K. pharmaceutical company AstraZeneca through a Â£69.4 billion ($110 billion) bid in May would have run aground on changes to U.S. tax inversion laws, the chief executive ...
- Why India markets will continue to break records @ CNBC - 10 hours ago
India markets have made a stunning recovery from last year's taper tantrum, with the Nifty index at record highs, and some analysts are calling the run up just the beginning.
- Will OPEC bankrupt US shale producers? @ CNBC - 13 hours ago
OPEC's contentious decision to keep its production target, leaving the market with a supply glut, could trigger a wave of debt defaults by U.S. shale oil producers, warn analysts.
- Japan industrial output above view in October @ CNBC - 16 hours ago
Japan's industrial production and retail sales figures exceeded expectations in October, signalling a tentative recovery in demand as businesses and consumers continue to adjust to the April sales-tax ...
- Japan's inflation rate at slowest in a year @ CNBC - 16 hours ago
Japan's consumer inflation slowed in October raising skepticism over the Bank of Japan's (BOJ) ability to achieve its 2 percent inflation target.
- Is Asia's shining economic star losing its luster? @ CNBC - 17 hours ago
The Philippines, a shining star among Asia's emerging markets, saw its weakest gross domestic product (GDP) growth rate in three years in the third quarter, raising questions about whether the economy's ...
- Uber on Nevada: '1,000 jobs just disappeared' @ CNBC - 20 hours ago
Uber on Thursday heavily criticized a court decision that stopped its operations in Nevada and said it would not be giving up on the state.
- Oil falls as OPEC opts not to cut production @ CNBC - 21 hours ago
The Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) decided on Thursday not to cut oil production, despite sliding oil prices.
- Black Friday car sales explode in popularity @ CNBC - 22 hours ago
Welcome to Black Friday, the fastest growing day for auto sales.
- Why living off the grid will be easier in 25 years @ CNBC - 22 hours ago
As technology makes it easier for people to produce and store energy on-site, more people may say goodbye to their utility companies.
- Europe's bond yields slide on hopes of ECB QE @ CNBC - 22 hours ago
Bond yields across Europe continued to slide Thursday as weak inflation data boosted hopes of a full-blown sovereign bond-buying program.
- Europe ends higher, oil slides as OPEC leaves output @ CNBC - 23 hours ago
European shares closed higher with investors reacting to fresh euro zone data, but oil stocks slid after OPEC decided to leave output unchanged.
- Carlos Slim succeeds in Spain after Soros snub @ CNBC - Thu, Nov 27, 2014 10:54 AM EST
Spanish construction company FCC has announced a refinancing deal with company owned by Carlos Slim, days after a failed agreement with George Soros.
- EU lawmakers vote to break up Google @ CNBC - Thu, Nov 27, 2014 9:07 AM EST
European lawmakers approved separating Google's search engine from its other commercial activities on Thursday.
- The 10 worst malls for Black Friday traffic @ CNBC - Thu, Nov 27, 2014 8:38 AM EST
Traffic can be twice as bad on Black Friday, but one mathematician says you can snag a prime spot in under 4 minutes.
- Beware the year-end mutual fund tax blowup @ CNBC - Thu, Nov 27, 2014 7:00 AM EST
Investors who buy a mutual fund in a taxable account by year-end can get stuck paying taxes on gains they didn't earn, warn financial advisors.
- Europe's economy faces three major risks: Draghi @ CNBC - Thu, Nov 27, 2014 5:35 AM EST
Europe's recovery faces three risks - unemployment and a lack of productivity and structural reforms, according to the European Central Bank's President, Mario Draghi.
- Greece paralysed by major strike, flights stopped @ CNBC - Thu, Nov 27, 2014 4:56 AM EST
Greek labour unions staged a 24-hour strike on Thursday that cancelled hundreds of flights, shut public offices and severely disrupted transport.
- OPEC deadline looms as oil hits fresh 4-year low CNBC - Thu, Nov 27, 2014 4:34 AM EST
- Asia stocks mixed after record US close; Samsung closes up 5% @ CNBC - Thu, Nov 27, 2014 2:01 AM EST
Asian stocks were mixed on Thursday following a record close on Wall Street, with Japan continuing to underperform due to a stronger currency.
- Family firms: Why heirs struggle to retain trust @ CNBC - Thu, Nov 27, 2014 1:55 AM EST
Family-owned firms are often viewed as more trustworthy than their corporate peers, but this faith can wane when the firm passes to the next generation.
- Why analysts are writing off December CNBC - Wed, Nov 26, 2014 10:22 PM EST
- Samsung buys time with buyback, shares soar CNBC - Wed, Nov 26, 2014 9:56 PM EST
Samsung Electronics' decision to return part of its enormous cash hoard to shareholders will buy the struggling company time with investors as it searches for new growth drivers, say analysts.