- Fed rate tug-of-war divides bond & stock investors @ CNBC - 24 minutes ago
The divergence in play for much of this year is a theme likely to dominate in the days and months ahead.
- Asia stocks mixed after China flash PMI report; Japan shut CNBC - 29 minutes ago
Asian stocks ended mixed on Tuesday following Chinese factory data but trade was quiet with Japan shut for the Autumnal Equinox holiday.
- Europe accelerates losses; weak PMIs, US tax rules weigh @ CNBC - 30 minutes ago
European shares were lower in morning trade, with weak economic data weighing on sentiment and new tax rules in the U.S. hitting pharmaceuticals.
- [video] Fed rate hike talk divides Wall Street @ CNBC - 32 minutes ago
The bond and stock markets are in a tug-of-war over when the Fed might start to increase interest rates from the current near-zero levels.
- [video] US markets: 'Sit back and wait' @ CNBC - 47 minutes ago
Kenny Polcari, director at O'Neil Securities, says that after the "excitement" of the past few weeks, investors are realizing that they got a "little bit ahead" of themselves.
- Next up after Alibaba: Biggest bank IPO ever CNBC - 54 minutes ago
- [video] Start-ups: 'Definitely in a growth stage' @ CNBC - 1 hour 12 minutes ago
Eileen Burbidge, partner at Passion Capital, says U.K. start-ups have "a lot of promise" in areas such as fintech, health-tech and cyber-security and discusses whether we're heading for a tech ...
- US bonds gain on risk aversion from Syria strike @ CNBC - 1 hour 25 minutes ago
U.S. bonds continued to gain on Tuesday, although two-year notes traded flat ahead of a Treasury auction.
- Wall Street to take stock of Syria airstrikes @ CNBC - 1 hour 29 minutes ago
Wall Street looked set to open lower again on Tuesday, after the U.S. announced it had launched airstrikes in Syria.
- Tesco crisis deepens as sales fall and new CFO joins @ CNBC - 1 hour 29 minutes ago
Tesco, the UK supermarket chain battling an apparent $409m accounting error, has said its new finance director will start months earlier than planned.
- [video] Can the White House derail M&A activity? @ CNBC - 1 hour 32 minutes ago
Tony Dwyer, chief equity strategist at Canaccord Genuity, says the White House push against tax inversion could have a temporary impact on deals, but that ultimately, "it's down to the credit market"....
- [video] Minority of M&A is due to tax reasons: Pro @ CNBC - 1 hour 47 minutes ago
Steve Allan, M&A practice leader for EMEA at Towers Watson, says there has been an "enormous" amount of mergers and acquisitions lately and that most deals create value.
- [video] Oil market to tighten further: Pro @ CNBC - 2 hours 2 minutes ago
Charles Whall, portfolio manager at Investec Asset Management, says oil groups' focus on free cash flow is positive for investors but will lead to a "real significant tightening" of the market....
- [video] 'Escargrowth' or 'Austerity Strudel' anyone? @ CNBC - 2 hours 8 minutes ago
French Prime Minister Manuel Valls met with German Chancellor Angela Merkel in Berlin on Monday to discuss France's reform agenda. CNBC imagines what the menu could have looked like.
- [video] Tesco: 'Free rein to bring in a new strategy'? @ CNBC - 2 hours 13 minutes ago
The investigation into Tesco's accounting errors points so "some failure of corporate governance", CNBC's Catherine Boyle reports.
- [video] Euro zone PMI: 'Moving in the wrong direction' @ CNBC - 2 hours 32 minutes ago
Chris Williamson, chief economist at Markit, says the euro zone's performance is "meager" following the release of the latest flash PMI data and news that the German manufacturing sector is not ...
- Iceland sees 'Brexit' benefits for UK @ CNBC - 2 hours 45 minutes ago
Iceland has reaped the benefits of the European Union without actually being a member, according to the country's finance minister, who believes the U.K. could adopt a similar stance.
- [video] Poor countries losing out to tax inversions: ActionAid @ CNBC - 2 hours 47 minutes ago
Anders Dahlbeck, policy adviser at ActionAid, says lost tax revenues from avoidance schemes could transform developing countries.
- [video] ECB policies benefit Spain: Pro @ CNBC - 3 hours ago
Antonio Hormigos, Spanish equity manager at Mirabaud Asset Management, says European Central Bank policies will benefit Spain, making equities in the euro zone country an attractive buying opportunity....
- [video] What problems does Tesco face? @ CNBC - 3 hours ago
Barry Dixon, head of research at Davy Research, discusses the challenges that Tesco is facing, including stiff competition from discount supermarkets.
- [video] Europe shares open lower despite China data @ CNBC - 3 hours ago
European shares opened lower on Tuesday despite new economic figures from China which showed an unexpected pickup in manufacturing activity.
- Russia and China forming closer ties: Total CFO @ CNBC - 3 hours ago
U.S. and European sanctions against Russia are helping the nation form closer bonds with China, according to the CFO of Total.
- [video] Alibaba has global ambitions: Pro @ CNBC - 4 hours ago
Karine Hirn, founding partner at East Capital, says she is "excited" by the Chinese technology sector, with Alibaba and Tencent leading the way.
- [video] Tesco mistake 'very serious': Accountant @ CNBC - 4 hours ago
Michael Izza, CEO of the Institute of Chartered Accountants, says the accounting mistake by Tesco is "very serious".
- [video] Labour speeches were pro-business: BCC chief @ CNBC - 4 hours ago
John Longworth, director general of the British Chambers of Commerce, says he was "excited" by the pro-business policies put forward by the Labour party at its conference.
- Why the tide is against the iron ore giants @ CNBC - 4 hours ago
Mining firms have put on a brave face, but their brutal actions cannot reverse a cyclical downturn brought on by China's cooling property market.
- [video] Apple 'fashion factor' may not last long: Pro @ CNBC - 4 hours ago
Pierre-Yves Gauthier, founding partner at AlphaValue, says Apple has been a beneficiary of people wanting the latest fashion, but with the rise of cheap smartphones, its dominance may not last long.
- [video] Aim to maintain $25B capex program: Total CEO @ CNBC - 4 hours ago
Patrick de La ChevardiÃ¨re, CFO of Total, discusses the company's strategy and where it plans to invest.
- [video] Russia and China forming closer ties: Total CFO @ CNBC - 4 hours ago
Patrick de La ChevardiÃ¨re, CFO of Total, says Western sanctions against Russia are pushing the country to form closer ties with China.
- [video] Iceland needs capital controls to protect currency: Fin Min @ CNBC - 5 hours ago
Bjarni Benediktsson, Finance Minister of Iceland, says the country needs its capital controls to prevent its currency from devaluing.
- China's factory activity picks up, but jobs a worry @ CNBC - 5 hours ago
China's factory activity unexpectedly picked up pace in September, a private survey showed, but a deeper dive into the data uncovered worrying signs about the job market.
- What France and Germany can learn from each other @ CNBC - 5 hours ago
As France's Prime Minister visits Germany, experts say the two countries could learn a few economic lessons from each other.
- [video] Europe market 'very weak': Daimler head of trucks @ CNBC - 5 hours ago
Wolfgang Bernhard, head of Daimler trucks and buses at Daimler AG, says the European market is "very weak" but there is a "ray of hope" in North America.
- [video] Mercedes driverless truck: Future of transport? @ CNBC - 5 hours ago
Wolfgang Bernhard, head of Daimler trucks and buses at Daimler, outlines his vision of transportation vehicles in the future and discusses Mercedes' driverless truck.
- [video] US launches airstrikes in Syria @ CNBC - 5 hours ago
CNBC's Hadley Gamble discusses the latest developments in the Middle East with the U.S. launching airstrikes in Syria and British Prime Minister David Cameron planning to meet Iranian President Hassan ...
- [video] Don't get your hopes up on restocking: ANZ @ CNBC - 5 hours ago
Daniel Hynes, Senior Commodity Strategist at ANZ, says concerns revolving China's property sector are holding back restocking efforts of Chinese steel mills.
- [video] Syria is key to halting ISIS: Lecturer @ CNBC - 5 hours ago
Malcolm Jorgensen, Lecturer at Sydney Law School and United States Studies Center, discusses news that the U.S. and Arab nations launched massive airstrikes against ISIS targets in Syria on Monday.
- [video] HSBC's China flash PMI is comforting: RBS @ CNBC - 6 hours ago
Louis Kuijs, Chief Economist, Greater China at RBS, says the preliminary figure for September shows that there are no further deterioration in the mainland economy.
- Vanishing offices: Answer to work-life balance? CNBC - 6 hours ago
- [video] China's black market won't impact iPhone 6: Pro @ CNBC - 6 hours ago
Bradley Gastwirth, CEO of ABR Investment Strategy, expects the pent-up demand for a bigger screen among Chinese consumers to fuel sales of iPhone 6 in the mainland.
- [video] Tracking the slump in iron ore prices @ CNBC - 6 hours ago
Scott Phillips, Advisor at The Motley Fool Australia, says supply issue is the factor causing the greatest impact on iron ore prices.
- [video] Why are the super-rich cautious about investing? @ CNBC - 7 hours ago
Ultra-wealthy are now holding more cash - a sign that they are nervous about putting money into today's markets. Kelvin Tay, MD & Regional CIO, Southern APAC at UBS Wealth Management, discusses.
- [video] Don't lost faith in gold just yet: Expert @ CNBC - 7 hours ago
Joe Foster, Portfolio Manager at Van Eck Global, says now is the time to buy into the gold market and explains why he believes further gains are in store for the precious metal.
- [video] Forget PMI, this is the bigger concern for China @ CNBC - 8 hours ago
JJ Kinahan, Chief Strategist of TD Ameritrade, says the slump in September's employment index is more worrying than the HSBC flash purchasing managers' index.
- Looking to profit from dollar strength? Buy these @ CNBC - 8 hours ago
The assets most likely to benefit from the U.S. dollar's march higher may not be stateside, with analysts looking to Europe and other regions.
- Merry Christmas! Hiring may hit dot-com boom level CNBC - 8 hours ago
- Toys R Us to again add 45,000 holiday workers @ CNBC - 8 hours ago
The announcement follows news from J.C. Penney and Target, which said last week they will keep their hiring figures flat for 2014.
- [video] China September HSBC flash PMI edges up to 50.5 @ CNBC - 8 hours ago
HSBC's September report indicates that China's economy is growing only marginally, says John Zhu, Greater China Economist at HSBC.
- [video] Making money from the world's aging population @ CNBC - 8 hours ago
Meret Gaugler, Global Equities Analyst at Lombard Odier, outlines the opportunities that the aging population offers to investors.
- [video] China is on the cusp of a growth downgrade: Citi @ CNBC - 9 hours ago
John Woods, Managing Director, Head of Fixed Income and Senior Portfolio Manager at Citi Investment Management, says China will likely lower its growth target to 7 percent next year.