- US yields stretch higher as data fans taper fears @ CNBC - 3 minutes 31 seconds ago
U.S. Treasury bond prices fell on Thursday, pushing yields higher as U.S. data stoked new fears the Federal Reserve will taper its massive stimulus.
- Europe stocks steady after ECB decison; Fed fears weigh @ CNBC - 18 minutes ago
European equities were Thursday after both the European Central Bank and the Bank of England kept interest rates unchanged.
- Data point of the day: Jobless claims & GDP @ CNBC - 31 minutes ago
CNBC's Rick Santelli and Steve Liesman break down the latest data on third quarter GDP and jobs.
- Top tech trends for 2014 @ CNBC - 37 minutes ago
Kevin Landis, Firsthand Capital Management shares his thoughts on what's working in the tech sector and where he is seeing the best investment opportunities.
- Bitcoin crashes 20% on China clampdown fears @ CNBC - 40 minutes ago
Virtual currency bitcoin lost around $200 in value on Thursday after the People's Bank of China outlawed the country's banks from using it.
- Can you trust the jobs report numbers? @ CNBC - 47 minutes ago
According to a source, some census employees faked job responses, reports CNBC's Eamon Javers. And CNBC's Steve Liesman reports on the actual falsification rate among interviews.
- Morning six-pack: What we're reading Thursday @ CNBC - 57 minutes ago
Happy Thursday. Just counting the days down until Jobs Friday.
- Obamacare website ignites security warnings @ CNBC - 1 hour 8 minutes ago
David Kennedy, TrustedSec CEO, explains why he has security concerns about the Healthcare.gov website and why it will be difficult to fix it.
- Disrupting higher education in the US @ CNBC - 1 hour 17 minutes ago
Gene Wade, UniversityNow founder & CEO, and Anant Agarwal, EDX president, discuss how they are trying to make education more accessible and affordable to everyone. "Education is a basic human right," ...
- China outlaws banks from using bitcoin @ CNBC - 1 hour 27 minutes ago
Garrick Hileman, PhD candidate at LSE, says bitcoin poses a risk to the Chinese control capital regime.
- Mobile sales have reached 'tipping point': Expert @ CNBC - 1 hour 27 minutes ago
Gerald Storch, Storch Advisors CEO, explains why its important brick and mortar retailers have a strong online strategy and breaks down the disappointing retail numbers for Black Friday and the strong ...
- Employers plan to cut 45,314 jobs in November: Challenger @ CNBC - 1 hour 31 minutes ago
This story is developing. Please check back for further updates. Click here for the latest on the markets.
- What to expect from the ECB press conference @ CNBC - 1 hour 32 minutes ago
Jacques Cailloux, chief European economist at Nomura, and Piers Curran, head of trading at Amplify Trading, discuss what European Central Bank president Mario Draghi will say in the press conference after ...
- ECB forced to do job of politics: Pro @ CNBC - 1 hour 32 minutes ago
Dr. Helmut Siekmann, professor and chair of money, currency and central bank law at the Institute for Monetary and Financial Stability at Goethe University, says many of the problems remaining in the euro ...
- Obsborne unveils capital gains tax on foreign home buyers @ CNBC - 1 hour 42 minutes ago
Grainne Gilmore, head of UK residential research at Knight Frank, and Ben Habib, CEO of First Property Group, discusses the U.K.'s latest housing policy and whether the housing market is in bubble territory....
- Shutdown Healthcare.gov and fix glitches: Rep. Rogers @ CNBC - 1 hour 45 minutes ago
Rep. Mike Rogers, (R-MI), shares his concerns about security and privacy issues on the government's health care website.
- Message from Autumn Statement: Growth is key @ CNBC - 1 hour 47 minutes ago
Gerard Lyons, chief economic advisor to the Mayor of London, discusses the messages to take away from the U.K.'s Autumn Statement.
- ECB leaves rates at 0.25%, focus moves to forecasts @ CNBC - 1 hour 48 minutes ago
The European Central Bank (ECB) on Thursday left its benchmark interest rate unchanged at 0.25 percent after surprising markets with a rate cut last month.
- Hunger strike? US fast food workers set to walk out CNBC - 1 hour 50 minutes ago
- 'Bubble chatter' taking over markets: Expert @ CNBC - 1 hour 56 minutes ago
Ben White, CNBC Contributor, and Liz Ann Sonders, Charles Schwab, discuss what's prompting the recent pullback in the markets, as investors remain jittery over tapering concerns and fiscal drag in Washington....
- Osborne in denial, living standards falling: Shadow Fin Min @ CNBC - 1 hour 56 minutes ago
The U.K.'s shadow finance minister Ed Balls said living standards are falling as he rebuts the statements made in the Autumn Statement.
- Lew: Pieces in place to end too big to fail @ CNBC - 1 hour 58 minutes ago
CNBC's Steve Liesman provides a preview of Treasury Secretary Jack Lew's address later today on financial reforms.
- How does Labour respond to Autumn Statement? @ CNBC - 2 hours 2 minutes ago
Patrick Diamond, senior research fellow at Policy Network, says Labour needs to emphasize the "cost of living" argument to cast the Conservatives' economic policies in bad light.
- Ford's 50th anniversary Mustang @ CNBC - 2 hours 11 minutes ago
Ford Motor Company will debut the sixth generation of its Mustang later today, reports CNBC's Phil LeBeau.
- UK not 'out of the woods yet': Pro @ CNBC - 2 hours 17 minutes ago
Ruth Lea, economic advisor at Arbuthnot Banking Group, says the U.K. economy is "not out of the woods yet" as the country still has a large budget deficit.
- Maybe Thanksgiving was peak of bull market: Pro @ CNBC - 2 hours 17 minutes ago
Brian O'Keefe, Fortune Magazine, shares his outlook for stocks next year and explains why investors should take a look at big cap opportunities.
- Taking the pulse of advertising with Sir Martin @ CNBC - 2 hours 30 minutes ago
Martin Sorrell, WPP CEO, provides perspective on the global outlook for advertising.
- 'We will fix the roof when the sun is shining': UK Fin Min @ CNBC - 2 hours 32 minutes ago
UK finance minister George Osborne says Britain must work through the government's budget plan to "secure" the economy in the long term.
- UK will have budget surplus by 2018/19: Fin Min @ CNBC - 2 hours 37 minutes ago
UK finance minister George Osborne says the country will have a budget surplus by 2018/19.
- BoE holds fire after growth forecast upgrades @ CNBC - 2 hours 40 minutes ago
The Bank of England left its main interest rate and monetary stimulus program unchanged on Thursday, as the country's finance minister delivered his bi-annual state of the economy address.
- More measures needed to secure banks: Treasury's Lew @ CNBC - 2 hours 42 minutes ago
In a speech Thursday, Treasury Secretary Jacob J. Lew will make it clear that more measures may be needed to strengthen the global financial system.
- Flat market awaits jobs report @ CNBC - 2 hours 52 minutes ago
Alan Gayle, RidgeWorth Capital Management, and Cliff Corso, Cutwater Asset Management, weigh in on where interest rates are likely headed and provide perspective on fixed income opportunities.
- UK needs 'full blown reform' of business rates for SMEs: FSB @ CNBC - 2 hours 57 minutes ago
Mike Cherry, national policy chairman of the Federation of Small Businesses, says the U.K. needs to reform its policy on business rates to help small and medium-sized businesses.
- How 'on-call' hours are hurting part-time workers @ CNBC - 3 hours ago
At many companies, part-time means "on-call" without a fixed number of hours. "It's an extremely abusive and unfair practice," says one labor expert.
- UK could see Â£103 billion borrowing reduction by 2017-18: Pro @ CNBC - 3 hours ago
Sam Hill, fixed income strategist at RBC, says the U.K.'s borrowing will be cut over the next few years.
- Wall Street slumping ahead of jobs report @ CNBC - 3 hours ago
U.S. investors continue their caution as they await Friday morning's November jobs report and the mid-December Fed policy meeting. The Dow comes off its lowest close in nearly three weeks, with both the ...
- Britain is being fixed: Lord Digby Jones @ CNBC - 3 hours ago
Lord Digby Jones, a member of the house of lords, says that Britain is on its way to being fixed but some of the bigger decisions such as pensions still need to be made.
- Fast food sector wage rises need 3 key ingredients: Pro @ CNBC - 3 hours ago
Paul Sonn, general counsel at the national employment law project, says that there are three key ingredients which could be used to cover wage rises the fast food sector.
- Expect unprecedented rebalancing in bankrupt detroit: Pro @ CNBC - 3 hours ago
Laurence Gottlieb, chairman & CEO of fundamental advisors, says that Detroit needs an unprecedented resizing of its government services in order to combat a shrinking tax base.
- Asia stocks sell off ahead of US jobs but India outperforms on exit polls @ CNBC - 3 hours ago
Indian shares outperformed on Thursday while the rest of region declined on uncertainty over when the Federal Reserve may taper its stimulus program.
- QE only tool left in Draghi's arsenal? @ CNBC - 4 hours ago
Charles Diebel, head of market strategy (fixed income, rates, currency) at Lloyds Bank Commercial Banking, says Draghi's policy options are limited ahead of Thursday's ECB interest rate announcement.
- Responding to inflationary effect of Typhoon Haiyan @ CNBC - 4 hours ago
Prakriti Sofat, regional economist for Barclays, says that the Philippines central bank is unlikely to respond to the inflationary effects of Typhoon Haiyan but we should expect an interest rate rise towards ...
- Autumn Statement: What the UK needs @ CNBC - 4 hours ago
Steve Radley, director of policy at EEF, says that the UK needs to promote more exports an investment as well as combating rising energy costs.
- Ericsson CEO on global smartphone penetration @ CNBC - 4 hours ago
Hans Vestberg, CEO of Ericsson, says that increasing smartphone penetration will spur a surge in the global demand for data.
- ECB to offer banks a 'conditional tender' in 2015? @ CNBC - 5 hours ago
Joerg Kraemer, chief economist at Commerzbank, believes that the ECB could offer banks a 'conditional tender' rather than introduce negative deposit rates next year.
- Japan Cabinet approves $182 billion stimulus package @ CNBC - 5 hours ago
The Japanese government approved an 18.6 trillion yen stimulus package aimed at dulling the impact on the economy from an impending tax hike.
- India has 'missed opportunity' at WTO: Pro @ CNBC - 5 hours ago
Dr. Rajiv Kumar, senior independent economist and former secretary general at the Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry, discusses India's position at the World Trade Organization meeting ...
- BoE could hike rates before Fed: Soc Gen @ CNBC - 5 hours ago
Alain Bokobza, head of global asset allocation at Societe Generale, says an upcoming rise in gilt yields will force the Bank of England to "normalize" monetary policy and push through an interest ...
- The world's most expensive city for expatriates @ CNBC - 5 hours ago
The Venezuelan capital of Caracas has overtaken Tokyo to become the most expensive city for expatriates, according to a new ranking.
- New Ford Mustang debuts across the globe CNBC - 6 hours ago