- June is the worst month for markets: Strategist @ CNBC - 5 minutes ago
Uncertainty around the U.K.’s referendum on its EU membership and a possible rate hike from the U.S. Federal Reserve has left investors cautiously looking ahead towards the month of June.
- Stocks set to wrap another positive month @ CNBC - 13 minutes ago
U.S. stock futures are little changed, but Wall Street's major averages are poised to continue their monthly winning streaks.
- Katy Perry’s Twitter account — the biggest in the world — got hacked @ CNBC - 46 minutes ago
Katy Perry's 89 million Twitter followers likely woke up to a shock this morning following a series of profanity-filled Tweets posted to the social media site after a hacker took control of her account....
- Stocks lower as investors look to Fed, ECB; VW slides @ CNBC - 48 minutes ago
European markets traded lower on Tuesday as investors digested the prospect of a June U.S. interest rate hike and key risk events this week.
- Euro zone deflation eases but ECB under pressure as loan growth slows @ CNBC - 50 minutes ago
It was a mixed picture for the euro zone on Tuesday with a slew of fresh data revealing that deflation had eased in the region but loans to households had failed to match expectations.
- Fed and OPEC in focus on Wall Street CNBC - 1 hour 4 minutes ago
- US Treasurys lower ahead of data dump @ CNBC - 2 hours 13 minutes ago
U.S. sovereign bond prices were lower Tuesday as markets reopened after the Memorial Day weekend and eyed a raft of data.
- Stephen Hawking: ‘Trump is a demagogue’ @ CNBC - 2 hours 19 minutes ago
Stephen Hawking has admitted that he is stumped by the popularity of Donald Trump or the need for Britain to leave Europe.
- China's rich kids travel in style, a LOT of very expensive style @ CNBC - 2 hours 59 minutes ago
A report sheds new light on the big-spending travel habits of China's wealthy millennials, who think nothing of a $500-a-night hotel budget.
- Portugal finance minister: 'Patience is of the essence' for economic recovery @ CNBC - 3 hours ago
Portugal's finance minister has urged policymakers and investors to be patient as the country tackles its burgeoning debt issue and sluggish growth.
- Live: European stocks struggle as investors eye ECB, OECD @ CNBC - 3 hours ago
Our live blog is tracking market reactions as Europe stocks struggle to make gains amid investors eyeing the ECB and the OECD meetings this week.
- Singaporean snaps up Aussie island for less than the cost of a fancy apartment @ CNBC - 4 hours ago
Always fancied a private bolthole for vacations away from the city bustle? One Singaporean businessman did, and now he owns Waterhouse Island.
- Asian stocks mostly higher; Shanghai up 3.2%, Shenzhen up 3.9% @ CNBC - 4 hours ago
Asian markets were mostly higher on Tuesday, with Chinese mainland markets up more than 2 percent and Japan shares rising after better-than-expected economic data.
- Oil’s ‘new normal’ may be lower than you think CNBC - 4 hours ago
- Asian 'exam factories' won't help kids prepare for working life @ CNBC - 4 hours ago
Educationalists rightly beat a path to Singapore to discover its secrets, but they shouldn't forget that excellence in exams isn't enough.
- Three stocks to make your portfolio hum @ CNBC - 5 hours ago
A look at the top stock picks from Alex Gunz, manager of the Helicon Global Equity Fund for Heptagon Capital.
- This billionaire’s son has gone his own way…And is betting on mobile apps @ CNBC - 5 hours ago
The popularity of mobile apps may be waning overseas but they remain relevant in India, the CEO of an Indian messaging app provider told CNBC on Tuesday.
- Another Brazil minister quits - and he's the man in charge of anti-corruption @ CNBC - 6 hours ago
Brazil's Transparency Minister Fabiano Silveira resigns after leaked recordings suggest he tried to derail a sprawling corruption probe.
- India tells Apple: You can open stores in India, but first create jobs CNBC - 6 hours ago
- Question of character: Walt Disney warns Wanda over Snow White, Captain America @ CNBC - 7 hours ago
Walt Disney has announced that it is ready to act after Marvel's Captain America was spotted at a rival's theme park in China.
- Japanese data are improving…But Abe’s still likely to delay sales tax hike @ CNBC - 7 hours ago
Japan's economic data improved in April, but analysts don't think that will deter Prime Minister Shinzo Abe's apparent drive to delay a planned sales tax hike.
- China backtracks on cross-border sales tax - just a month after it was introduced @ CNBC - 8 hours ago
China's authorities rolled back on their new sales tax program in an attempt to avoid a pile of problems in the e-commerce space.
- World Economic Forum's ASEAN agenda dries up when it comes to drought @ CNBC - 10 hours ago
The drought wreaking havoc in Southeast Asia looks set to fall off the agenda at a key meeting of the region's political and financial leaders this week.
- Airport lines? It's the TSA's 'major incompetence': Experts @ CNBC - 16 hours ago
A former top TSA official explains to CNBC why staffing errors and a host of problems at the agency are to blame for long security wait times.
- $870 a year? 10 of the cheapest colleges in the US CNBC - 18 hours ago
- European stocks close higher; DAX hits 1-month high @ CNBC - 19 hours ago
European markets traded slightly higher on Monday after hints from the U.S. Federal Reserve's Janet Yellen and James Bullard about when the Fed might next raise interest rates.
- Live: German stocks hit 1-month high @ CNBC - 19 hours ago
Our live blog is tracking market moves as Germany's DAX makes gains.
- Where helping veterans means being 'in it for the money' @ CNBC - 21 hours ago
VETS is a company that guarantees veterans a job, benefits and a salary during training for an information technology career.
- Which event will be the most important for markets this week? @ CNBC - 22 hours ago
Which event will be the most important for markets this week?
- A Google for GIFs? How Giphy plans to turn GIFs into $$$ @ CNBC - 22 hours ago
Giphy is a revenue-less three-year-old start-up, gets 150 million unique monthly visitors on its site, and all it does is curate and allow users to search for GIFs. So why is it worth $300 million?
- Venezuela’s isolation grows as Lufthansa cancels flights to Caracas @ CNBC - 23 hours ago
Lufthansa has cancelled its flights to Venezuela in the latest sign of the country’s growing isolation and economic, social and political turmoil.
- Here’s the key challenge Draghi will face at this week’s ECB meeting @ CNBC - Mon, May 30, 2016 3:13 AM EDT
Rising oil prices may see the European Central Bank upgrade its inflation forecast when it meets, while striving to keep the door open for more monetary policy loosening.
- Floyd Mayweather posts mock-up poster of McGregor fight as speculation continues @ CNBC - Mon, May 30, 2016 2:38 AM EDT
Floyd "Money" Mayweather posted a mock-up poster on Instagram on Monday teasing a fight between himself and Conor McGregor on pay-per-view.
- Asian markets mixed, Shanghai up 0.2% @ CNBC - Mon, May 30, 2016 2:30 AM EDT
Asian markets were mixed on Monday, as the dollar strengthened against most Asian currencies.
- Why the emerging market dream story may be over CNBC - Mon, May 30, 2016 1:10 AM EDT
- The 100th Indy 500 is won by...an American @ CNBC - Mon, May 30, 2016 12:18 AM EDT
Alexander Rossi outlasted his faster rivals - and his fuel tank - for a stunning victory in the 100th running of "The Greatest Spectacle In Racing."
- The Fed, not the election, will decide US economic future CNBC - Mon, May 30, 2016 12:02 AM EDT
- Feud for thought: When family business empires implode @ CNBC - Sun, May 29, 2016 10:12 PM EDT
Families that do business together may not necessarily stay together, as these high-profile fights demonstrate.
- Noble's CEO exits as embattled trader puts Americas energy unit up for sale @ CNBC - Sun, May 29, 2016 9:49 PM EDT
Troubled commodities trading firm Noble Group said its chief executive Yusuf Alireza had quit for "family reasons."
- Data deluge offers health-check for Asia Pacific @ CNBC - Sun, May 29, 2016 8:49 PM EDT
Data releases from China, Australia and Japan this week will provide a snapshot of economic health in Asia Pacific.
- South Korea's shipbuilders are in troubled waters @ CNBC - Sun, May 29, 2016 7:49 PM EDT
The specter of bankruptcy is hanging over a major part of South Korea's economy, further threatening the country's stagnant growth.
- Gridlock! Lower gas prices creating traffic jam of 38 million-plus @ CNBC - Sun, May 29, 2016 5:00 PM EDT
The AAA estimates that 700,000 more people will be traveling this weekend compared to last year—and almost 90 percent of them will be driving.
- Stocks set for big rally—but blink and you'll miss it: Analyst CNBC - Sun, May 29, 2016 5:00 PM EDT
- Clinton's White House chances are dwindling. Here's why that's a market negative @ CNBC - Sun, May 29, 2016 2:08 PM EDT
Bespoke Investment Group's Paul Hickey says that you're better off voting for a Democrat in 2016 if you're banking on returns in your portfolio.
- This could be the summer of hard soda @ CNBC - Sun, May 29, 2016 2:00 PM EDT
As the key summer beer-selling season gets underway, the fledgling category of hard soda shows no signs of slowing down.
- The scary switch that happens to investors over age 60 @ CNBC - Sun, May 29, 2016 11:00 AM EDT
A new study finds that cognitive decline as you age decreases financial literacy, while confidence stays high and sometimes even rises.
- Why a six-hour workday may work for Europe but not the US @ CNBC - Sun, May 29, 2016 9:00 AM EDT
Workers in Sweden are proving that a shortened workday may actually be more productive. But that may not work in the U.S., says Annie Perrin.
- Russia says 8 of its athletes at 2012 Olympics tested positive for doping @ CNBC - Sun, May 29, 2016 2:15 AM EDT
Russian Olympic Committee says re-tests of A samples from eight Russian sports people at the London Olympics test positive.
- Pakistani PM to undergo heart surgery @ CNBC - Sat, May 28, 2016 11:15 PM EDT
"It's natural and understandable that the Prime Minister will be off from any activities when is actually operated on by the doctors."
- 'It's like having a personal shopper': Retail feels sting of Web, social media @ CNBC - Sat, May 28, 2016 5:00 PM EDT
Consumers are embracing mobile shopping and social media influencers, which are creating more competition for traditional brick-and-mortar retailers.