- Europe shares in 'calm before storm'; Heineken surges 7% @ CNBC - 21 minutes ago
European shares were slightly lower in morning trade with investors focusing on central bank monetary policy ahead of the Jackson Hole symposium later this week.
- Asian equities reverse losses ahead of Fed minutes @ CNBC - 51 minutes ago
Most Asian stocks reversed losses on late Wednesday, overlooking news of a widening trade deficit in Japan, as traders await the release of the U.S. Federal Reserve's meeting minutes due later in the day....
- [video] Europe shares open slightly lower; BoE minutes ahead @ CNBC - 55 minutes ago
European shares opened slightly lower on Wednesday with a slew of economic releases due and investors positioning themselves for the annual confab of central bankers at Jackson Hole later this week.
- [video] Seeing mixed signs in Europe: Wienerberger CEO @ CNBC - 1 hour 25 minutes ago
Heimo Scheuch, CEO of Wienerberger, says the company is seeing "different signs" of strength across Europe with some countries' property markets doing better than others.
- [video] German high-end property 'cheap' in comparison: Pro @ CNBC - 1 hour 40 minutes ago
Jochen Moebert, real estate analyst at Deutsche Bank, says some of the more expensive areas of German property are "cheap" in comparison to other countries such as the U.K.
- [video] Crisis could tip EZ into Japan-like deflation: Pro @ CNBC - 2 hours 0 minutes ago
Richard Kelly, head of European rates at TD Securities, says the euro zone is "one global recession away" from being stuck in deflation.
- Mob boss calls a stock bubble @ CNBC - 2 hours 1 minute ago
Former mob boss Michael Franzese thinks investors should avoid the U.S. stock market, but should you take his investment advice?
- [video] IS claims beheading of journalist James Foley @ CNBC - 2 hours 10 minutes ago
Islamic State militants have claimed they have beheaded U.S. journalist James Foley. NBC's Andrea Mitchell reports.
- [video] US has 'limited objective' in Iraq: Pro @ CNBC - 2 hours 10 minutes ago
Firas Abi Ali, senior manager for Middle East and Africa at IHS Global Insight, says the U.S.'s actions in Iraq have a "limited objective".
- [video] BoE minutes: Will anyone vote for a rate hike? @ CNBC - 2 hours 25 minutes ago
Ross Walker, senior U.K. economist at Royal Bank of Scotland, Geoffrey Yu, FX strategist at UBS, and Richard Kelly, head of European rates at TD Securities, discuss what to expect from the Bank of England's ...
- Carlsberg warns on profits over Russia hit @ CNBC - 2 hours 32 minutes ago
Carlsberg, the Danish brewer, became one of the first major European companies to warn over the impact of the Ukrainian crisis.
- [video] Cheap money fueling German property boom @ CNBC - 2 hours 40 minutes ago
CNBC's Annette Weisbach reports on the dizzying rise of German property prices fueled by low interest rates in the euro zone.
- Germany sees dizzying rise in housing prices @ CNBC - 2 hours 47 minutes ago
London isn't the only place which is seeing a dizzying increase in property prices. Look no further than across the channel to Germany.
- Donald Trump faces snail fight for golfing heaven @ CNBC - 2 hours 49 minutes ago
Below the surface of a golfing paradise for many American tourists, the Trump Organization is battling on many fronts.
- [video] Be 'cautious' on dollar longs: Pro @ CNBC - 2 hours 55 minutes ago
Geoffrey Yu, FX strategist at UBS, says investors should be "cautious" on being long the dollar.
- Cruising's new frontier: Chinese tourists CNBC - 3 hours ago
- [video] What Chinese developer Vanke is doing right @ CNBC - 3 hours ago
Nicole Wong, Regional Head of Property Research at CLSA, explains why Vanke is playing the right card with its focus on building smaller-sized residential units.
- [video] Beware of a downturn in Chinese stocks: Pro @ CNBC - 3 hours ago
Upcoming earnings results from Chinese financials may spur a pullback in equity markets, says Stephen Sheung, Head of Investment Strategy at SHK Private.
- [video] Brambles: Confident of 7-10% profit growth in 2015 @ CNBC - 3 hours ago
Tom Gorman, CEO of Brambles, outlines the key factor that will determine whether the firm achieves the lower or higher end of its guidance for the next financial year.
- Why Robert Shiller is 'dead wrong': Analyst @ CNBC - 3 hours ago
Yale professor Robert Shiller's recent warning on the valuation of U.S. stocks, bonds and housing sent ripples through global markets, but one analyst told CNBC the professor is "dead wrong."...
- [video] Investment tips from a former mob boss @ CNBC - 4 hours ago
Michael Franzese, a former mob boss turned motivational speaker and author, outlines his mantra for business and investments. He also discusses what made him turn over a new leaf.
- [video] BHP demerger was a wrong move: Expert @ CNBC - 4 hours ago
Gavin Wendt, Founding Director & Senior Resource Analyst at Mine Life, says the assets that were involved in the spinoff will transform from ugly ducklings to outperformers over the next 5 to 6 years.
- India markets go from fragile to fabulous CNBC - 4 hours ago
- [video] Why Indian shares are still a compelling buy @ CNBC - 4 hours ago
Audrey Goh, Investment Strategist at Standard Chartered, outlines the factors that can take Indian equities higher.
- [video] Coca-Cola Amatil: Brace for lower profits in 2014 @ CNBC - 4 hours ago
Alison Watkins, CEO of Coca-Cola Amatil, explains why profits this year will be "materially below" those of 2013. She later discusses her outlook for the Australian consumer market.
- [video] Ice Bucket Challenge opens floodgate of charity @ CNBC - 5 hours ago
Many famous personalities have taken on the "Ice Bucket Challenge" - the latest craze on social media - to raise awareness for a degenerative disorder ALS. CNBC's Street Signs Asia team discuss....
- [video] UBS' expectations for the euro dollar @ CNBC - 5 hours ago
Thomas Flury, Head of Forex, Chief Investment Office at UBS Wealth Management, expects the euro to fall to the lower-end of 1.20 against the U.S. dollar once the European Central Bank starts easing.
- [video] China banks face provisioning issues: Analyst @ CNBC - 5 hours ago
Paul Dowling, Principal Analyst at East and Partners, expects the Bank of China and ICBC to outperform its peers in terms of earnings, but warns of risks from bad debt provisioning.
- [video] Don't fret over widening Japan deficit: S&P @ CNBC - 5 hours ago
Despite an increase in July's deficit due to a rise in imports, Japan's trade gap remains modest and manageable, says Paul Gruenwald, Chief Economist, Asia Pacific at Standard and Poor's Ratings Services....
- [video] Exciting times ahead for Australia's Carnarvon @ CNBC - 6 hours ago
Adrian Cook, CEO & MD of Carnarvon Petroleum, discusses the firm's discovery of what could be the largest oil field in Western Australia and outlines development plans.
- [video] Cheetah Mobile: Pleased with Q2 profits, products @ CNBC - 6 hours ago
Andy Yeung, CFO at Cheetah Mobile, says the firm posted growth in quarterly profits and launched new products, like the "CM Browser" which has given its mobile user base a boost.
- [video] Argentina facing a 'dysfunctional love triangle'? @ CNBC - 6 hours ago
Jim Rickards, Senior Managing Director at Tangent Capital, discusses whether the Argentine government's move to service its defaulted debt in the country can resolve its default woes.
- Investors reject BHP deal, hunt for value elsewhere @ CNBC - 7 hours ago
Shares of mining giant BHP Billiton closed 4.9 percent lower in London on Tuesday after the group announced plans to spinoff businesses worth around $16 billion, holding off on a potential share buyback ...
- [video] Prudential: Asia business continues to power on @ CNBC - 7 hours ago
Barry Stowe, Asia CEO of Prudential, discusses CEO Tidjane Thiam's recent comments on the firm's failure to bid for rival AIA in 2010. He later outlines the firm's positive outlook for Asia.
- [video] Maersk: Rising fleet efficiency lifted Q2 profits @ CNBC - 7 hours ago
David Skov, Head of South China at Maersk Line, says improvements in its fleet efficiency offset the dip in freight rates to help the shipping firm triple its quarterly profits.
- [video] What's behind Ping An's strong H1 earnings @ CNBC - 7 hours ago
Lee Yuan Siong, Senior Vice President & Chief Insurance Business Officer at Ping An Insurance, says strong performances in all 3 of its businesses boosted the firm's first-half profits.
- Japan exports rise shows overseas demand improving @ CNBC - 8 hours ago
Japan exports rose 3.9 percent in July from the year ago period, data showed on Wednesday, compared with a Reuters forecast for a gain of 3.8 percent and after falling 2 percent in June.
- [video] Don't cheer rebound in Japan July exports yet: Pro @ CNBC - 8 hours ago
Izumi Devalier, Japan Economist at HSBC, says it's still too early to conclude whether the rebound in July exports will be sustainable.
- [video] Why investors are disappointed with BHP Billiton @ CNBC - 8 hours ago
Mark Taylor, Senior Resources Analyst at Morningstar, says the plunge in the miner's shares reflects disappointment to the merger proposition and a lack of a buyback.
- [video] U.S. seeing a good recovery story: Economist @ CNBC - 8 hours ago
Markus Schomer, Chief Economist at PineBridge Investments, says the pick up in July's housing starts is in line with other economic data, indicating a good recovery picture in the U.S..
- [video] Cramer drills into Energy XXI's decline @ CNBC - 8 hours ago
John D. Schiller Jr., Energy XXI chairman and CEO, discusses the company's performance and tells Mad Money's Jim Cramer the merger has been integrated seamlessly and has helped the company negotiate better ...
- Lightning Round: EOG Resources, Verizon & more @ CNBC - 9 hours ago
Are you ready skeedaddy???!!! It's time for the Lightning Round. Cramer makes the call on viewer favorites.
- [video] Why Yellen won't veer from dovish stance @ CNBC - 9 hours ago
Steve Goldman, Managing Director at Kapstream Capital, says Fed chair Janet Yellen will want to ensure that low volatility remains in global financial markets
- As sector struggles, energy stock shines: Cramer @ CNBC - 9 hours ago
This independent oil and gas producer has been on fire, said Cramer. Given the relative weakness in the sector, Cramer was intrigued by the advance.
- [video] WPX CEO: Energy renaissance in US staggering @ CNBC - 9 hours ago
Mad Money's Jim Cramer takes a closer look at the American energy revolution with Rick Muncrief, WPX Energy president and CEO. Muncrief is confident its oil position will grow.
- [video] How China's antitrust crackdown will impact BMW @ CNBC - 9 hours ago
Li Junheng, Head of Research at JL Warren Capital, says it's possible that BMW will lower prices of its high-end models and that will inevitably impact its partner in the mainland, Brilliance China Automotive....
- Buckle up ahead of these stock moves, says Cramer @ CNBC - 9 hours ago
Are airline stocks about to takeoff? We know the play on words may be somewhat tired, the charts, however, are anything but. Get details now.
- OCBC now needs to deliver after pricey acquisition CNBC - 9 hours ago
- This could be the 'best play' in Europe now @ CNBC - 9 hours ago
Negative sentiment surrounding Europe has put some investors off the region, but analysts told CNBC U.K. equities still offer an attractive bet.
- Why manufacturing PMI still matters for China @ CNBC - 9 hours ago
Come Thursday, markets will be digesting a new round of manufacturing data from China, when HSBC releases the flash estimate of the Purchasing Manager's Index (PMI) for August.