- Health-care costs for typical American family just topped $25,000 @ CNBC - 22 minutes ago
Even as health-care cost increases have slowed, spending on prescription drugs has eaten up a biggest share of of a family's total health spending.
- Homebuilder stocks surge on Toll Brothers beat, new home sales data @ CNBC - 26 minutes ago
The SPDR Homebuilders ETF (XHB) tracked for its best day since March 1, when it gained 2.56 percent.
- 6 salary negotiation mistakes that could be costing you @ CNBC - 38 minutes ago
These mistakes could cost you serious $$$ over the long run.
- Household debt climbs to $12.25 trillion in first quarter CNBC - 38 minutes ago
- Sam Zell: Why I didn't go into business with Donald Trump @ CNBC - 41 minutes ago
"You don't see my name on any buildings, do you? That's just not who I am," developer Sam Zell tells CNBC.
- Autozone hits a speed bump after Q3 results miss @ CNBC - 44 minutes ago
Shares of Autozone recovered from early losses Tuesday after the company reported quarterly profit and sales that missed Wall Street estimates.
- Under Armour signs record-biggest apparel deal with one university @ CNBC - 45 minutes ago
Under Armour has reached a 15-year, $280-million footwear and apparel deal with UCLA, the largest in college sports.
- This is what Brazil needs to get back on track, expert says @ CNBC - 49 minutes ago
Brazil can still turn things around, but it won't be easy, Columbia University's Marcos Troyjo says.
- The real reason Apple shares tanked @ CNBC - 49 minutes ago
Apple CEO Tim Cook's low-key style might be behind Apple's share price drop, says Michael Yoshikami. Here's why the stock will recover.
- People’s Bank of China loses resolve to liberalize yuan: WSJ @ CNBC - 50 minutes ago
Leaked minutes from the central bank show China has stepped back from its commitment to liberalize the yuan, the Wall Street Journal has reported.
- This market getting comfortable with June hike CNBC - 59 minutes ago
- Stocks higher as banks, insurers lead; oil recovers @ CNBC - 1 hour 10 minutes ago
European stocks extended gains on Tuesday, as investors shook off a rocky opening to the session and eyed the strong gains from the banks, miners and retailers.
- Dow adds 200 points; financials, tech lead CNBC - 1 hour 16 minutes ago
- Sam Zell: I'm a seller in this market, but I'm buying THIS CNBC - 1 hour 17 minutes ago
- Stocks are doing something they haven’t done in 20 years @ CNBC - 1 hour 20 minutes ago
The market's inertia is beginning to set milestones. What will break the fog of low-volume neutrality?
- Best Buy shares fall amid CFO departure, light guidance @ CNBC - 1 hour 21 minutes ago
Shares of Best Buy fell more than 5 percent after the electronics retailer said Chief Financial Officer Sharon McCollam will step down.
- Grocery store frustration sparks condiment empire @ CNBC - 1 hour 21 minutes ago
Two friends saw an unmet need in the grocery aisle and decided to do something about it.
- Build an airline in less than 5 years: VietJet's founder explains how CNBC - 1 hour 27 minutes ago
- Anthem chief denies Cigna deal in jeopardy CNBC - 1 hour 29 minutes ago
- US Treasurys lower amid new home sales data, seesawing oil; auction eyed @ CNBC - 1 hour 34 minutes ago
U.S. bond prices were lower as investors digested seesawing oil prices and strong new home sales data and awaited a Treasury Department sale.
- Twitter tweaks platform in an effort to keep users engaged @ CNBC - 1 hour 39 minutes ago
Twitter is rolling out a series of changes designed to make the service more intuitive and easier to use.
- 7 hard questions you need to ask before buying a business @ CNBC - 1 hour 41 minutes ago
Thinking of buying a business? Here are seven big questions to answer before you make any hasty decisions.
- Uber is letting start-ups pitch to investors during a taxi ride @ CNBC - 1 hour 48 minutes ago
Uber has launched a start-up competition in Europe that will allow entrepreneurs to ride in a taxi while pitching to experienced venture capitalists.
- Swings in blood pressure linked to brain decline in study @ CNBC - 1 hour 53 minutes ago
Fluctuations in blood pressure could lead to brain decline, heart attack and stroke.
- US stocks rally, Dow clocks triple-digit gains @ CNBC - 1 hour 55 minutes ago
Our live blog is tracking market moves as U.S. equities make notable gains.
- Russia first post-sanctions Eurobond shows weakness: Nomura CNBC - 1 hour 55 minutes ago
- Low supply plagues spring housing: Here's where it is worst CNBC - 1 hour 59 minutes ago
- A case for non-US stocks as Fed puts finger on rate trigger CNBC - 1 hour 59 minutes ago
- Top three reasons Donald Trump is surging in the polls right now CNBC - 2 hours 9 minutes ago
- Assessing Yellen's power to sink the gold rally @ CNBC - 2 hours 23 minutes ago
The Federal Reserve surprised the markets with hints it could raise rates again this summer, and the gold rally could suffer.
- If it's good enough for Captain America, it's good enough for the Hyperloop @ CNBC - 2 hours 24 minutes ago
To make the Hyperloop safer, a developer has come up with a material whose namesake was used to make comic book hero Captain America's shield.
- Alphabet's Eric Schmidt admits he's an iPhone user, but says Samsung is better CNBC - 2 hours 25 minutes ago
- Facebook's Zuckerberg plans to demolish and rebuild his four-home complex CNBC - 2 hours 30 minutes ago
- Your first trade for Tuesday, May 24 CNBC - 2 hours 38 minutes ago
- Hyperloop firm aims to hook up with Uber; shows off super-strength capsule @ CNBC - 2 hours 41 minutes ago
Hyperloop Transportation Technologies has unveiled the material it will use to construct the project.
- The franchise king who wants to turn folks into millionaires @ CNBC - 2 hours 51 minutes ago
Aziz Hashim, is a private equity investor in franchise start-ups. He reveals how he built his empire, and how he plans to pay it forward.
- European banking sector still in 'very difficult' place: UBS' Axel Weber @ CNBC - 3 hours ago
UBS Chairman Axel Weber warned on Tuesday that the beleaguered European banking sector was still facing many challenges.
- Dow futures briefly add 100 points; oil steadies CNBC - 3 hours ago
- Austria’s move to the right is worrying bankers @ CNBC - 3 hours ago
The near victory of the far-right in Sunday's Austrian elections is a symptom of the rise of populism in Europe, said experts to CNBC.
- 10 percent annual returns? These military perks might surprise you @ CNBC - 3 hours ago
Long deployments can be tough for members of the military and their finances. These special benefits programs can help.
- Angelina Jolie lands new professor role at a London University @ CNBC - 3 hours ago
Academy Award winner and humanitarian, Angelina Jolie Pitt is set to join the London School of Economics as a visiting professor, to teach a course on gender and human rights.
- More viewers may ditch paid-TV as sports head online CNBC - 3 hours ago
- Renewables could power this country four times over @ CNBC - 3 hours ago
Renewables could provide as much as four times the U.K.'s current energy consumption, according to a new report from the RSPB.
- All of France's refineries shut down due to strikes: Reports CNBC - 3 hours ago
- Early movers: BBY, MSFT, AZO, HD, TOL, ENR, ADM, CAG, SNE, FB & more CNBC - 3 hours ago
- Facebook backtracks on photo ban of plus-size model @ CNBC - 3 hours ago
Facebook has reportedly apologized for banning a photo of a plus-sized model that it deemed as depicting "a body or body part in an undesirable manner."
- Analysts to Twitter: 'Hope is not a strategy' @ CNBC - 4 hours ago
Analysts at MoffettNathanson sent a message to Twitter on Tuesday: Get it together.
- Investors are too worried about the Fed, Voya strategist says @ CNBC - 4 hours ago
"The Fed is not the wizard of Oz," Voya Investment Management's Karyn Cavanaugh says.
- Monsanto's bad reputation raises questions over Bayer bid @ CNBC - 4 hours ago
The German pharmaceutical and chemicals firm Bayer has outlined a mammoth bid for a U.S. firm beset by reputational issues.
- This country has hit a major milestone for electric cars—here's how CNBC - 4 hours ago