- Asian equities mixed on weak China flash PMI; Jackson Hole eyed @ CNBC - 15 minutes ago
Asian stocks traded mixed on Thursday, with Chinese shares significantly lower after a lower-than-expected preliminary reading of mainland manufacturing activity.
- [video] The rise of the Islamic state @ CNBC - 1 hour 7 minutes ago
Fighters from around the world have traveled to join the Islamic State. NBC's Richard Engel reports on the rise of the group that has caused havoc in the Middle East.
- How to deal with Jackson Hole 'rate rage' @ CNBC - 1 hour 16 minutes ago
Despite last year's "taper tantrum", investors shouldn't concentrate too heavily on any "rate rage" ensuing from hawkish at Jackson Hole.
- Singaporeans among most sleep deprived worldwide CNBC - 1 hour 32 minutes ago
- [video] 'Bang for your buck' in euro/dollar: Pro @ CNBC - 1 hour 37 minutes ago
Michael Sneyd, FX analyst at BNP Paribas, says euro/dollar is a more attractive trade than cable as the Bank of England and Federal Reserve are both taking a hawkish stance.
- [video] Why Indian stocks won't see a 10% correction @ CNBC - 1 hour 54 minutes ago
Nitin Jain, CEO, Capital Markets, Edelweiss, says a 10 percent pullback is a "pessimistic" call as there are still many investors on the sidelines who are keen to buy into the Indian market.
- Europe shares set for higher open; PMIs ahead @ CNBC - 1 hour 59 minutes ago
European shares are set to open higher with investors focusing on central bank monetary policy and looking ahead to a slew of data due out for the euro zone.
- [video] These factors boosted ASX FY earnings @ CNBC - 2 hours 4 minutes ago
Elmer Funke Kupper, CEO at ASX, says growth across the board lifted its annual profit. He also outlines the strengths of the stock operator in the initial public offering market.
- [video] Is there a need for more PBOC easing? @ CNBC - 2 hours 34 minutes ago
Liu Li Gang, Chief Economist, Greater China at ANZ, says the poor HSBC China flash PMI for August suggests a need for further easing from the People's Bank of China.
- [video] Downside ahead for European equities @ CNBC - 2 hours 50 minutes ago
Willem Nabarro, Head of European Equities for Asia at Exane-BNP Paribas, outlines the factors that will likely contribute to a downturn in European stock markets moving ahead.
- [video] Why CSLA has a buy rating on Treasury Wine @ CNBC - 3 hours ago
David Thomas, Head of Australian Consumer Research at CLSA, explains why he still likes Treasury Wine Estates, despite a 20 percent fall in the wine-making firm's annual net profit.
- [video] Despite volatility, still like Russian stocks: Pro @ CNBC - 3 hours ago
Karine Hirn, Founding Partner at East Capital, says high dividend yields and the presence of firms' with strong growth potential, make Russian markets a sweet spot for long term investments.
- [video] Aussie dollar to see limited upside ahead: Barclays @ CNBC - 3 hours ago
Hamish Pepper, Forex Strategist, Asia Pacific at Barclays, says a fragile recovery in China and a stronger U.S. dollar ahead will cap gains in the Australian currency.
- [video] Outlook for China will improve in Q4: StanChart @ CNBC - 4 hours ago
Erwin Sanft, MD and Head of China & HK Equity Research at Standard Chartered, explains why Chinese economic data are poised for a pickup in the fourth quarter.
- [video] Expect a hawkish Yellen at Jackson Hole: Pro @ CNBC - 4 hours ago
Scott Nations, Chief Investment Officer & President at NationsShares, explains why Fed chair Janet Yellen will likely start "setting the table for rate hikes" at the annual Jackson Hole Symposium....
- [video] Bernie Lo joins Ice Bucket Challenge @ CNBC - 4 hours ago
CNBC's Bernard Lo accepts the challenge from fellow anchor Kelly Evans and takes on the "Ice Bucket Challenge."
- China's factory activity falls to 3-month low @ CNBC - 4 hours ago
China's factory activity fell to a three-month in August, a private survey showed on Thursday, signaling continued weakness in the sector despite a burst of stimulus from the government.
- [video] Not worried about HSBC China flash PMI: Pro @ CNBC - 4 hours ago
Robert Parker, Vice-Chairman at Credit Suisse Asset Management, says the HSBC flash Purchasing Managers' Index, which hit a three-month low in August, will rebound back to 52 in the months ahead.
- [video] Why Chinese automakers are losing out @ CNBC - 5 hours ago
Mohit Arora, Executive Director, Asia Pacific at J.D. Power and Associates, says Chinese carmakers are seeing slow improvements in the quality of their products.
- [video] AirAsia CEO: Thai unit will return to profitability @ CNBC - 5 hours ago
Tony Fernandes, CEO of AirAsia, explains why he's still upbeat about the airline's business in Thailand despite making a loss for the first time in the second quarter.
- [video] China won't see a hard landing: Credit Suisse @ CNBC - 5 hours ago
Robert Parker, Vice-Chairman at Credit Suisse Asset Management, explains his expectations for a 6.9 percent growth in the mainland economy next year.
- [video] Why it's time to turn bullish on Japan's real estate @ CNBC - 5 hours ago
Andrew Jackson, Head of Wholesale and Listed Real Estate at Standard Life Investments, says Abenomics will put Japan back on track and in turn underpin growth in the country's real estate market.
- [video] Will Dubai see another property bubble? @ CNBC - 5 hours ago
Real estate prices have been soaring on the back of Dubai's economic boom, but could it be headed for another property bubble? CNBC's Yousef Gamal El-Din reports.
- [video] AMP: Pleased with strong growth in 1H revenue @ CNBC - 6 hours ago
Craig Meller, CEO of AMP, says its first-half underlying profit grew on the back of successful cost-cutting measures. He also discusses how the firm overcome challenges in the life insurance space.
- [video] Woodside: We can repeat robust 1H earnings @ CNBC - 6 hours ago
Peter Coleman, CEO of Woodside Petroleum, says he is confident that the oil producer can repeat its record first-half profits amid improvements in its underlying business.
- [video] Expect these messages from Yellen: Nomura @ CNBC - 6 hours ago
Fed chair Yellen will likely put out a mixed message on the U.S. labor market and say that any possibility of a rate hike will be data dependent, says Rob Subbaraman, Chief Economist, Asia ex-Japan, Nomura....
- [video] Hongkong & Shanghai Hotels: We can win over Paris @ CNBC - 6 hours ago
Clement Kwok, CEO of The Hongkong and Shanghai Hotels, explains why he's confident that "The Peninsula Paris" will do well in the highly competitive French market.
- [video] MMG: Cost cuts lifted H1 profits @ CNBC - 7 hours ago
Andrew Michelmore, CEO of MMG, outlines how the miner managed to cut costs by 9 percent in the first half of the year and discusses the potential of its Las Bambas mine.
- [video] Still like small and mid-cap stocks: Strategist @ CNBC - 7 hours ago
Vadim Zlotnikov, Chief Market Strategist and Co-Head of Multi-asset Solutions at AllianceBernstein, explains why he's "slightly overweight" small and mid-cap shares, as well as Japanese markets....
- Lightning Round: Smith & Wesson, Best Buy & more @ CNBC - 7 hours ago
Are you ready skeedaddy???!!! It's time for the Lightning Round. Cramer makes the call on viewer favorites.
- [video] RidgeWorth Capital's top Asia stock picks @ CNBC - 7 hours ago
Chad Deakins, Portfolio Manager at RidgeWorth Capital Management, explains why he likes Sekisui Chemical, Mitsui and Co, as well as Yangzijiang Shipbuilding.
- New energy company attracts Cramer's attention @ CNBC - 7 hours ago
If you're looking for niche play on the energy renaissance, Cramer thinks this stock may belong on your radar. Get details.
- [video] DistributionNOW: One-stop shop for pipe, valve & flange needs @ CNBC - 7 hours ago
A read on the energy and industrial space, with DistributionNOW CEO Robert Workman.
- [video] Here's why HP's PC sales were up in Q3 @ CNBC - 8 hours ago
Tim Bajarin, President of Creative Strategies, attributes the 12 percent rise in sales of personal computers to factors like an increase in corporate and "back to school" purchases.
- Time to move? What $500,000 will get you in Dubai @ CNBC - 8 hours ago
Dubai may be one of the hottest property market in the world, but you will be surprised how far half a million dollars will still get you compared to other global cities.
- Is Dubai's property market still too hot? CNBC - 8 hours ago
- Why now's the time to buy iron ore @ CNBC - 8 hours ago
Iron ore has taken a beating this year, with prices correcting over 30 percent from their year-to-date high of $135 a tonne in January, but one analyst told CNBC this presents the perfect buying opportunity....
- Should yield chasers worry about Singapore REITs? @ CNBC - 8 hours ago
Singapore's REITs have steadily advanced this year as predictions of higher interest rates went awry, but will yield-chasers stick with the shares?
- Cramer adds a CEO to his Wall of Shame @ CNBC - 8 hours ago
Cramer feels subpar management should be called out. If an executive has done a particularly poor job, he puts them on the Wall of Shame.
- Fed surprises with hawkish tone, but will Yellen? @ CNBC - 8 hours ago
Markets are now anticipating a more hawkish tone from the Fed, but maybe not from Fed Chair Janet Yellen when she addresses the annual Jackson Hole symposium.
- [video] Management matters: Cramer @ CNBC - 8 hours ago
Mad Money's Jim Cramer says Hertz is proof that even in a booming industry, bad management can find a way to ruin things.
- Your first trade for Thursday @ CNBC - 8 hours ago
The "Fast Money" traders share their final trades of the day.
- Unstoppable trend driving this stock: Cramer @ CNBC - 8 hours ago
With so much frenzied competition in the supermarket space, earnings from this company are not to be ignored. So says Jim Cramer.
- [video] Is HAIN a healthy investment for your portfolio? @ CNBC - 8 hours ago
Irwin Simon, Hain Celestial chairman, president, and CEO, discusses the company's performance and how the innovation of organic products will impact the overall food system.
- [video] Will Yellen stay dovish at Jackson Hole? @ CNBC - 8 hours ago
Ben Lichtenstein, President & Founder at Traders Audio, discusses his expectations for Fed chair Yellen's speech at the Jackson Hole Symposium and how that will move markets.
- Cramer: Economic challenges too great for stocks? @ CNBC - 8 hours ago
There are a slew of confusing cross currents in the market, right now. If you're not careful, Cramer thinks they could lead you to bad decisions.
- [video] Samsung, B&N team up on new Nook @ CNBC - 8 hours ago
CNBC's Landon Dowdy talks to Nook Media CEO Mahesh Veerina about the company's collaboration with Samsung on the new Nook.
- [video] Cramer takes a ride on fast-rising Union Pacific @ CNBC - 8 hours ago
Mad Money host Jim Cramer dissects the market's conflicting signals and provides takeaways from different segments.
- [video] Fast Money Final Trade: IWM, AAPL, SPY, HYG @ CNBC - 8 hours ago
The Fast Money traders share their final trades of the day.
- [video] Reading a 13D like a pro @ CNBC - 8 hours ago
FM trader Karen Finerman outlines important things to look for in 13D filings and why Hertz's shares were sent higher.