- Seattle throws birthday party for legal pot @ CNBC - 3 minutes 30 seconds ago
About 1,000 people are expected to attend a bash celebrating the one-year anniversary of weed's legalization in the state.
- Will Bernanke taper by year-end? @ CNBC - 8 minutes ago
Andrew Ross Sorkin predicts a market reset, Fed Chairman Ben Bernanke's final moves, and what's ahead for his successor Janet Yellen.
- DC squabbling could still wreck the economy in '14 @ CNBC - 18 minutes ago
Friday's jobs report contained unambiguous good news, but a debt limit battle in Washington looms.
- [video] Death of the PC is overstated: Trader @ CNBC - 26 minutes ago
Citigroup upgraded Intel to a buy today. FMHR traders Jon Najarian and Mike Murphy take their positions.
- [video] Halftime Pops & Drops @ CNBC - 26 minutes ago
Insight on stocks making the biggest moves in the market today, with the Fast Money traders.
- [video] LinkedIn 'truly disruptive': Analyst @ CNBC - 29 minutes ago
BMO analyst Dan Salmon upgraded LinkedIn to outperform, and raised his price target to $270. Salmon says the company is focusing on salespeople and mobile, and "disrupting" the way enterprises ...
- [video] Rough time for hedge funds @ CNBC - 37 minutes ago
Why hedge funds are having a hard year, and the impact to hedge funds if the Fed decides to taper, with Anthony Scaramucci of SkyBridge Capital.
- Rising mortgage rates a boon to smaller lenders @ CNBC - 38 minutes ago
Rising rates, in addition to tighter underwriting and fast-rising home prices, have pushed borrowers away from larger lenders.
- [video] Very bullish on building products: Pro @ CNBC - 48 minutes ago
Discussing the housing market, as well as the state of the building products industry, with Bill Pulte, CEO of Pulte Capital Partner. Pulte does not think there is a bubble in the housing market right ...
- Goldman's Hatzius: Expect steady growth in 2014 @ CNBC - 48 minutes ago
The U.S. should lead global growth in 2014 as fiscal drags relax and the country continues to see positive employment reports, Goldman Sachs' Jan Hatzius tells CNBC.
- Europe shares close higher on US jobs data @ CNBC - 50 minutes ago
European equities closed higher on Friday, rallying after a better-than-expected U.S. nonfarm payrolls report and good consumer sentiment numbers.
- All I want for Christmas is...a new iPad? @ CNBC - 53 minutes ago
The CEO of gadget-buyback website Gazelle said there was a big surge in iPad and Samsung phone trade ins after Black Friday, which could be good news for Apple.
- [video] eBay has a great balance sheet: Pro @ CNBC - 1 hour 7 minutes ago
Which growth stocks should investors latch onto now? Sarat Sethi, Douglas C. Lane & Associates, shares his forecast for General Motors, eBay, growth sectors and Europe.
- [video] How the Fed looks at jobs data @ CNBC - 1 hour 7 minutes ago
What today's jobs report means to the Federal Reserve, and whether it's finally safe to taper, with CNBC's Steve Liesman and the FMHR traders.
- Clean energy: Better than coal in your stocking? @ CNBC - 1 hour 8 minutes ago
If naughty kids get a lump of coal in their stocking, do good kids get clean energy? Depends on who's playing Santa in your nation's capital, says Terry Tamminen.
- [video] Mixbook CEO: We create the story for you @ CNBC - 1 hour 11 minutes ago
Andrew Laffoon, Mixbook CEO, discusses how mobile app "Mosaic" lets users create photo books and explains what differentiates their app from competitors like Shutterfly. Lafoon also comments ...
- [video] World cup: How to place your bets @ CNBC - 1 hour 17 minutes ago
Alex Donohue, spokesman for Ladbrokes, tells football fans how he thinks they should place their bets for Next Year's World Cup.
- Barnes & Noble being investigated by SEC @ CNBC - 1 hour 22 minutes ago
The SEC has commenced an investigation into Barnes & Noble's accounting, pushing shares of the bookstore chain sharply lower.
- [video] Huge ice storm freezes Dallas @ CNBC - 1 hour 25 minutes ago
The Weather Channel's Jim Cantore reports the ice storm tearing through Dallas has knocked out power for least 300,000 residents in the area, but most big events planned for weekend have not yet been cancelled....
- [video] Nightclub app to revolutionise clubbing? @ CNBC - 1 hour 27 minutes ago
Nick Stone, co-founder of FIXR, says his new clubbing app could revolutionize nights out in London.
- [video] Drones are at least a decade away: Pro @ CNBC - 1 hour 29 minutes ago
Ajay Agarwal, Bain Capital Ventures managing director, discusses the Amazon drone plan and what sectors will the gain the greatest benefits from drone delivery. Agarwal thinks delivering medical supplies ...
- Market sending message to Fed about the future @ CNBC - 1 hour 31 minutes ago
Ultimately it is investors who will decide whether Wall Street is ready for the Fed to "taper," or reduce the $85 billion money-printing operation.
- [video] Pisani: It's just about the perfect rally @ CNBC - 1 hour 33 minutes ago
CNBC's Bob Pisani looks at what's moving in the markets, including interest rate-sensitive stocks and what retailers continue their ugly week.
- [video] Markets taking taper in their stride: Pro @ CNBC - 1 hour 37 minutes ago
Alec Young, global equity strategist at S&P Capital IQ, says markets are taking the Federal Reserve taper threat in their stride, and focusing more on the improving economy.
- [video] European markets rise @ CNBC - 1 hour 37 minutes ago
CNBC's Simon Hobbs reports European equity markets have rallied on the U.S. jobs data report. Also a London flood has caused the evacuation of thousands of people from the Southeast coast.
- [video] Landmark pension reform bill for Illinois @ CNBC - 1 hour 47 minutes ago
CNBC's Rick Santelli and Governor Patrick Quinn (D-IL), discuss the historic overhauling of the state's pension system and the bill Gov. Quinn signed yesterday.
- Southwest secures 22 slots at LaGuardia Airport @ CNBC - 1 hour 51 minutes ago
Travel headlines for Friday include confirmation of Southwest's expansion at LaGuardia and sweet-spot holiday travel dates.
- [video] Italy to export its way out of the crisis? @ CNBC - 1 hour 52 minutes ago
Riccardo Monti, president of the Italian Trade Agency, says Italy should use its strong manufacturing sector to export its way out of the crisis.
- [video] Budget talks make progress @ CNBC - 1 hour 53 minutes ago
CNBC's John Harwood reports House and Senate budget negotiations near a $90 billion deal. The proposed bill would reduce shutdown risk, but offers little long-term deficit reduction.
- Obama aide: No relief for long-term unemployed @ CNBC - 1 hour 59 minutes ago
Despite a five-year low in the unemployment rate, the long-term jobless haven't found relief, showing the need for extending unemployment insurance, White House economist Jason Furman tells CNBC.
- US stocks climb on upbeat jobs report and rise in consumer confidence @ CNBC - 2 hours 0 minutes ago
U.S. stocks ran sharply higher on Friday, with the S&P 500 bouncing back after a five-day drop, after an upbeat November jobs report.
- [video] Apple 'beaconing' its customers @ CNBC - 2 hours 0 minutes ago
CNBC's Jon Fortt reports Apple is rolling out new, low energy, bluetooth transmitters that will offer "location aware" services to shopper phones.
- [video] Jobs data won't trigger early taper: Pro @ CNBC - 2 hours 2 minutes ago
Jose Wynne, head of foreign exchange research at Barclays, says that Friday's jobs number is not strong enough to trigger an early start to Federal Reserve tapering.
- [video] Fed needs to back away from QE: Pro @ CNBC - 2 hours 3 minutes ago
Jack Ablin, BMO Private Bank executive VP & CIO, and David Kelly, JPMorgan Funds chief global strategist, discuss when the Fed will likely taper. "We are going move away from taper and put an emphasis ...
- Is Bitcoin the fad of all fads? @ CNBC - 2 hours 8 minutes ago
Andrew Ross Sorkin on bitcoin, the return of Occupy Wall Street and who will be venturing into porn.
- [video] Toddler tech: Bouncy seat makeover @ CNBC - 2 hours 11 minutes ago
CNBC's Carl Quintanilla reports Fisher Price has upgraded its "bouncy seat" with an iPad holder. CNBC's Jon Fortt weighs in.
- [video] Santelli Exchange: All in all, decent report @ CNBC - 2 hours 15 minutes ago
CNBC's Rick Santelli discusses today's job report and its effect on the markets.
- Cramer: A Chinese 'game-changer' for this social stock @ CNBC - 2 hours 20 minutes ago
Expanding into China would represent a "gigantic game-changer" for one social media site, CNBC's Jim Cramer says.
- [video] Holidays are more about gifting than trading: CEO @ CNBC - 2 hours 23 minutes ago
Gadget buyback company Gazelle reports iPad trades were up 175% compared to one year ago. Israel Ganot, Gazelle CEO, discusses the iPad trade business as well as the migration he sees from the Samsung ...
- Listings for "The Suze Orman Show" on CNBC @ CNBC - 2 hours 28 minutes ago
Listings for "The Suze Orman Show" on CNBC
- [video] Hatzius: Good jobs report, not a blockbuster @ CNBC - 2 hours 33 minutes ago
Jan Hatzius, Goldman Sachs chief economist, comments on the jobs report , when he expects tapering and discusses his healthy economic outlook for 2014.
- [video] Best trade this week @ CNBC - 2 hours 37 minutes ago
Jim Iuorio and Brian Stutland each reveal their single best trade idea.
- Vince Cable: 5% chance UK will leave EU @ CNBC - 2 hours 42 minutes ago
There is only a small risk that the U.K. will leave the EU, the U.K. Business Secretary Vince Cable said on Friday.
- Yes, more jobs, but wage growth holds up recovery @ CNBC - 2 hours 44 minutes ago
Five years after the Great Recession, millions of unemployed Americans are gradually getting back to work. But their paychecks have barely budged.
- [video] Massive ice storm hits Midwest @ CNBC - 2 hours 47 minutes ago
The Weather Channel's Jim Cantore reports on the huge ice storm that is sweeping though the south. About 1,000 flights have been cancelled at Dallas/Fort Worth International airport. Another storm is due ...
- [video] Seattle is throwing a 'pot party' @ CNBC - 2 hours 47 minutes ago
Ben Livingston, Center for Legal Cannabis director, discusses the outdoor event being held in celebration of the state's one-year anniversary of legalizing marijuana. The state expects to draw in $250 ...
- How markets learned to stop worrying, love the Fed @ CNBC - 2 hours 56 minutes ago
Stocks are rallying on the strong jobs report. Which begs the question: what happened to fear of tapering?
- [video] SEC to check in on JCP @ CNBC - 2 hours 59 minutes ago
CNBC's Scott Wapner reports the SEC sent a letter to J.C. Penny seeking an explanation of the retailers financial situation. The controversy surrounds the belief that J.C. Penney CEO Mike Ullman mislead ...
- Gold: the not-so precious metal of 2013 @ CNBC - 2 hours 59 minutes ago
In spite of see-sawing following Friday's non-farms report, gold looks poised for its first annual fall in 14 years, with bullion prices down 26 percent since the start of 2013.
- [video] What economists like from jobs report @ CNBC - 3 hours ago
CNBC's Steve Liesman discusses the strong jobs report and what sectors added the most jobs.