- Random stock picking will beat S&P: Fund manager @ CNBC - 30 minutes ago
The S&P 500, considered to be the a leading indicator of U.S. equities, is flawed, according to one of the U.K.'s most successful hedge fund managers.
- Europe shares lower; data ahead; RBS up 10% @ CNBC - 51 minutes ago
European shares were lower in morning trade with investors focused on earnings news and economic data releases amid ongoing events in Gaza and Ukraine.
- [video] China, India driving diamond desire: De Beers CEO @ CNBC - 1 hour 5 minutes ago
Philippe Mellier, CEO of De Beers, says that the China bridal market and upcoming Diwali celebrations in India is going to drive diamond demand in the second half of the year.
- [video] Air France-KLM result will improve in 2014: CFO @ CNBC - 1 hour 15 minutes ago
Pierre-FranÃ§ois Riolacci, CFO of Air France-KLM, says he is "confident" the airline's results will improve again in 2014.
- [video] Europe shares open lower @ CNBC - 1 hour 20 minutes ago
European shares opened lower on Friday with investors focused on earnings news and economic data releases amid ongoing events in Gaza and Ukraine.
- Asia stocks mostly higher on S&P 500's record close @ CNBC - 1 hour 20 minutes ago
Asian equity markets finished mostly higher on the final trading day of the week following another record close for the S&P 500 overnight.
- Forget buying, rich Russians now renting in London @ CNBC - 1 hour 40 minutes ago
Foreign buyers have been accused of inflating the London housing market, but estate agents say the rental market has seen a rise in Russian interest.
- [video] China gold demand falling: African Barrick Gold CEO @ CNBC - 1 hour 50 minutes ago
Brad Gordon, CEO of African Barrick Gold, says weaker gold demand has offset further price rises to the precious metal despite geopolitical tensions.
- [video] Russia sanctions will hit investor confidence: Pro @ CNBC - 2 hours 5 minutes ago
Otilia Dhand, vice president at Teneo Intelligence, says the main effect of the sanctions on Russia will be to reduce investor confidence in the country.
- [video] Holcim merger 'on track': Lafarge CEO @ CNBC - 2 hours 10 minutes ago
Bruno Lafont, CEO of Lafarge, says the proposed merger with Holcim is "on track" and likely to be completed in the first half of 2015.
- [video] Did BSkyB pay the right price for Sky Deutschland? @ CNBC - 2 hours 10 minutes ago
Claudio Aspesi, senior research analyst at Sanford Bernstein, discusses how investors will react to the news that BSkyB has bought the remaining stakes in Sky Deutschland and Sky Italia.
- [video] Frack off: How will UK benefit from shale? @ CNBC - 2 hours 25 minutes ago
Opposition to fracking in the U.K. is fierce, but politicians and businesses are trying to push forward with plans for shale gas. CNBC looks at how it could benefit the British economy.
- [video] Choose stocks at 'random': Winton's Harding @ CNBC - 2 hours 35 minutes ago
David Harding, founder and president of Winton Capital Management, says choosing stocks at random can help investors beat the S&P 500.
- [video] Winton Capital's Harding on stock plunges @ CNBC - 2 hours 35 minutes ago
David Harding, founder and president of Winton Capital Management, discusses how his fund would fare during a crash in stocks.
- [video] Connected cars will drive Valeo forward: CEO @ CNBC - 2 hours 50 minutes ago
Jacques Aschenbroich, CEO of Valeo, says the development of connected cars is a big growth driver for the business.
- UK looks to fracking - Will it work? @ CNBC - 3 hours ago
As the U.K. government pushes the case for fracking, Energy Future takes a look at the controversial technique's potential.
- Why gold prices will remain lower for longer CNBC - 3 hours ago
- [video] 'Skeptical' about shale in Europe: Statoil CEO @ CNBC - 3 hours ago
Helge Lund, CEO of Statoil, says he is "skeptical" about the potential shale gas volume that can be obtained from Europe.
- How long can Russia go without selling bonds? @ CNBC - 3 hours ago
Even before tougher sanctions against Russia hit the books, the country faces potential hits as investors turn their backs on its financial assets.
- [video] Things are looking up in Thailand: Aberdeen @ CNBC - 4 hours ago
Adithep Vanabriksha, Deputy Chief Investment Officer at Aberdeen Asset Management, explains why Thailand's outlook has improved. He also names the Thai stocks which offer attractive valuations.
- [video] Why BOJ's inflation target is still intact @ CNBC - 4 hours ago
Nicholas Smith, Japan Strategist at CLSA, says Japan's consumer price index for June remains "decent" after stripping out the volatility in food and energy prices.
- Is China set up for a 'perfect storm' in 2016? @ CNBC - 4 hours ago
Recent positive data from China may have allayed some doubts about the state of the economy, but PNC Financial Services Group is staying cautious, warning of a "perfect storm" that could surface ...
- [video] Pianos: China's latest status symbol? @ CNBC - 4 hours ago
Werner Husmann, President for Asia Pacific at Steinway & Sons, highlights the rise of wealthy individuals in China as one of the factors fueling its business in the mainland.
- [video] Everything is on track in Japan: JPMorgan @ CNBC - 4 hours ago
Jesper Koll, Managing Director & Head of Japanese Equity Research at JP Morgan Securities Japan, says Japan's rising inflation points to a recovery in domestic demand.
- [video] Why a US recovery won't benefit Asia @ CNBC - 5 hours ago
Vishnu Varathan, Senior Economist at Mizuho Bank, outlines why Asia may not see much of a boost from the ongoing recovery in the U.S.
- [video] Will slower June inflation spur BOJ action? @ CNBC - 5 hours ago
While underlying trends in Japan's inflation data remain soft, the central bank is unlikely to ease anytime soon, says Paul Mackel, Head of Asia Currency Research at HSBC.
- [video] US is seeing a 'poor quality recovery': Pro @ CNBC - 5 hours ago
Gina Sanchez, Chairwoman & Founder of Chantico Global, says a fall in U.S. new home sales for June, along with issues in wage growth and participation rate, underscore a weak U.S. recovery.
- [video] Keppel: Beijing is aware of property sector woes @ CNBC - 6 hours ago
Loh Chin Hua, Chief Executive Officer of Keppel Corporation, says it's "heartening" to see Beijing rolling out measures targeted at the ongoing stress in the property market.
- [video] Reform is moving ahead in China: Expert @ CNBC - 6 hours ago
There is an "urgency" in Beijing to regulate the Chinese economy, notes Daniel Rosen, Founding Partner of Rhodium Group.
- After latest crash, will you think twice about flying? @ CNBC - 6 hours ago
The aviation industry and passengers alike have been spooked by the third air disaster in a week. Are you now more cautious about air travel?
- [video] Flextronics CFO: Pleased with Q1 results @ CNBC - 7 hours ago
Christopher Collier, CFO of Flextronics, highlights sectors where the firm has exceeded expectations in the first quarter.
- [video] IMF cuts 2014 global growth forecast to 3.4% @ CNBC - 7 hours ago
Thomas Helbling, Chief of the World Economic Studies Division at the IMF, discusses the first quarter slowdowns in the U.S. and China, and how that could impact the global economy in 2014.
- [video] Raoul: Aim for 'scalable, sustainable' expansion @ CNBC - 7 hours ago
Douglas Benjamin, Co-founder of Raoul and COO of FJ Benjamin Group, tells CNBC how the Singapore fashion label plans to make further inroads into international markets.
- [video] South Korea vs Japan tech: Who's winning? @ CNBC - 7 hours ago
Wee Teck Loo, Head of Consumer Electronics at Euromonitor International, explains why South Korean firms like Samsung are ahead of their Japanese rivals.
- [video] It's time to scale back on US stocks: JPMorgan @ CNBC - 8 hours ago
Despite improving fundamentals, U.S. equities are no longer cheap, says Geoff Lewis, Global Market Strategist at J.P. Morgan Asset Management. He also discusses the outlook for emerging markets.
- [video] Tracking Ford and General Motors earnings @ CNBC - 8 hours ago
James Albertine, Automotive Vice President at Stifel Nicolaus, explains why he has a "hold" call on Ford Motor and General Motors.
- Japan inflation quickens on back of sales tax hike @ CNBC - 8 hours ago
Japan's inflation came in as expected in June, data showed on Friday, boosted by the consumption tax hike that took effect in April.
- [video] Japan June inflation up on tax hike: Expert @ CNBC - 8 hours ago
Ayako Hirota Weissman, Director of Asia Strategy & Senior Portfolio Manager at Horizon Kinetics, discusses the rise in Japan's inflation and explains why this translates into stock opportunities.
- Kate Middleton put this Singapore retailer on the map CNBC - 9 hours ago
- Five reasons why India's rebound is real @ CNBC - 9 hours ago
After two years of stagnation, things are finally looking up for Asia's third largest economy.
- Time to pick up 'dirt cheap' China property stocks? @ CNBC - 9 hours ago
China's slowing property market tops the list of major economic risks, but some say the sector's stocks are "dirt cheap" and now is the time to buy.
- [video] No Huddle Offense: Damaged stocks @ CNBC - 9 hours ago
Mad Money host Jim Cramer shares his final thoughts of the day.
- Obama stirs debate but loophole unlikely to close @ CNBC - 9 hours ago
President Barack Obama may be igniting debate by going after a tax loophole, but analysts see little chance Congress will take action soon.
- [video] Prefer China bank stocks in H2 2014: Analyst @ CNBC - 9 hours ago
Matthew Hegarty, Senior Analyst at Perennial International, says Chinese financials look attractive in the months ahead as concerns about China ease.
- PepsiCo, Goldman shuffle as key director leaves @ CNBC - 9 hours ago
James Schiro left the boards of two major corporations Thursday to tend to his health.
- [video] Amazon Q2 earnings a 'mixed bag': Pro @ CNBC - 9 hours ago
While its North America business did well in the second quarter, Amazon's international unit decelerated, says Robert Peck, Managing Director & Internet Analyst at SunTrust Robinson Humphrey.
- [video] Behind Leon Cooperman's ideas: SVU & ATLS @ CNBC - 9 hours ago
Mad Money host Jim Cramer digs into the stock picks of legendary investor Leon Cooperman: Supervalu and Atlas Energy.
- [video] Watch out for 'accidents' in US credit markets: Pro @ CNBC - 9 hours ago
Tremendous speculation in the markets may result in a "surprise or accident" in the credit sector, says Jim Awad, Chairman of Plimsoll Mark Capital.
- [video] Facebook deserves to be higher: Cramer @ CNBC - 10 hours ago
Facebook reported its daily active users for Q2 rose 19 percent year-over-year to 829 million. Mad Money host Jim Cramer discusses the potential for the company and the stock.
- What Marvel's new era of diversity means for sales @ CNBC - 10 hours ago
Over the past five months, Marvel Comics has reimagined mainstay characters Ms. Marvel, Captain America and Thor as a Muslim American teen, a black man and a woman.