- Ditching the ugly sweater? There's an app for that @ CNBC - 41 minutes ago
Some stores are making it easier to return or exchange holiday gifts by offering even longer return periods, and there are even apps to do it.
- AirAsia flight to Singapore missing: search suspended @ CNBC - 1 hour 47 minutes ago
An AirAsia Indonesia-Singapore flight with 162 people on board lost contact with air traffic control, with search operations suspended for the night.
- 2015: The year of Elon Musk and mobile pay? @ CNBC - 4 hours ago
Mobile payments and Tesla founder Elon Musk are among trends and innovators poised for a breakout year in 2015, according to one expert.
- Deals hidden in airline boarding passes @ CNBC - 19 hours ago
On some domestic and international airlines, paper or electronic boarding passes come packed with a wide variety of on-the-ground bonuses.
- NSA Christmas gift: 12 yrs of surveillance data @ CNBC - 19 hours ago
The National Security Agency dropped hundreds of pages worth of surveillance reports into the dead of night before Christmas Eve.
- Worried after the Sony hack? Destroy your emails @ CNBC - 23 hours ago
Business DSTRUX is ripping a page from old spy shows by allowing users to destroy emails they send. But do consumers really need the technology?
- North Korea blasts Obama as web goes down again @ CNBC - Sat, Dec 27, 2014 9:46 AM EST
North Korea's Internet connectivity was interrupted yet again, experts at DYN Research reported, adding to tensions between the nation and the U.S.
- Going with alternatives for all the wrong reasons @ CNBC - Sat, Dec 27, 2014 9:00 AM EST
The twin specters of a market correction and rising rates are fueling a push into alternative investments but advisors tell investors to be cautious.
- Cramer Remix: Make this high school class a must CNBC - Fri, Dec 26, 2014 7:00 PM EST
- Cramer: The best way to save for college CNBC - Fri, Dec 26, 2014 6:51 PM EST
- Cramer untangles the 401(k), IRA, Roth mystery CNBC - Fri, Dec 26, 2014 6:43 PM EST
- Cramer: Don't make this ETF & mutual fund mistake CNBC - Fri, Dec 26, 2014 6:34 PM EST
- Jim Cramer's 3 tips for young investors @ CNBC - Fri, Dec 26, 2014 6:22 PM EST
Jim Cramer is taking over the classroom, and teaches the three most important tips for young investors.
- Oil companies face 'banner year' for activism: Pro CNBC - Fri, Dec 26, 2014 5:48 PM EST
- Your first trade for Monday, December 29 CNBC - Fri, Dec 26, 2014 5:38 PM EST
- Wall Street tracking retail, crude in days ahead @ CNBC - Fri, Dec 26, 2014 4:23 PM EST
Wall Street is looking to early indications of robust holiday sales to carry the market's positive momentum into 2015.
- Stocks extend holiday cheer: S&P, Dow end at records CNBC - Fri, Dec 26, 2014 4:00 PM EST
- Back for the holidays: Three-card monte in NYC @ CNBC - Fri, Dec 26, 2014 3:40 PM EST
Classic con-artist routines, namely three-card monte and the shell game, apparently made a return to New York City streets for the holidays.
- Traders see natural gas at $2 in the new year @ CNBC - Fri, Dec 26, 2014 3:28 PM EST
The weather and the demand outlook are pointing toward a further challenge of natural gas prices, well below $3.
- FINAL TRADES 12/26/14 @ CNBC - Fri, Dec 26, 2014 2:37 PM EST
WEISS: SHORT OCWEN (NYSE: OCN) LEBENTHAL: LONG NAT GAS SETHI: LONG QUALCOMM (NASDAQ: QCOM) TELSEY:LONG LULULEMON (NASDAQ: LULU) FOR THE RECORD: WEISS IS SHORT OCWEN, LONG GILEAD CALLS, LONG AMERICAN AIRLINES, ...
- The 4 most explosive words you can say in America @ CNBC - Fri, Dec 26, 2014 2:31 PM EST
Apparently, these are the four most explosive words you can say in America today. Jake Novak responds to reader comments on his latest op-ed.
- 2014 Holiday spending trends-not what you think @ CNBC - Fri, Dec 26, 2014 2:20 PM EST
MasterCard says holiday shoppers spent most of their money on restaurants and travel, while spending on new electronics "fell flat."
- Sorry, but no Dow 19,000 in 2015: Pro CNBC - Fri, Dec 26, 2014 2:15 PM EST
- A career change that was a piece of cake @ CNBC - Fri, Dec 26, 2014 2:08 PM EST
After losing her job on Wall Street, Lisa Rochelle decided to take a chance on starting a cake design business. Her secret weapon: her finance background.
- Goldman: Here's how to play rising interest rates CNBC - Fri, Dec 26, 2014 1:25 PM EST
- Facebook in China? Something's coming: Tech writer @ CNBC - Fri, Dec 26, 2014 12:52 PM EST
Facebook has laid a foundation for entering China, but it could morph its product depending on what the Chinese government will allow.
- Who spoiled Christmas? Fewer packages arrive late @ CNBC - Fri, Dec 26, 2014 12:46 PM EST
Santa's sleigh delivered more on-time packages this Christmas, though a few retailers still broke their delivery promise.
- 'The Interview' proves popular-for pirates @ CNBC - Fri, Dec 26, 2014 12:37 PM EST
Sony released "The Interview" online in one of the first major studio experiments for digital distribution, and pirated versions appeared immediately.
- What we bought on Amazon.com this Christmas @ CNBC - Fri, Dec 26, 2014 11:20 AM EST
The day after Christmas, statistics from Amazon on its customers' holiday purchases reveal what we ordered and how much we procrastinate.
- Market may return gains after Santa Rally: Pro CNBC - Fri, Dec 26, 2014 11:05 AM EST
- Time for Dick Costolo to go, Harvard biz prof says @ CNBC - Fri, Dec 26, 2014 10:51 AM EST
The Twitter executive is not in the same class as Mark Zuckerberg and Google's Larry Page and does not understand product development, Harvard professor Bill George said.
- Here's a look inside Ray Dalio's new strategy CNBC - Fri, Dec 26, 2014 10:33 AM EST
- Apps for the workplace 2015 CNBC - Fri, Dec 26, 2014 10:18 AM EST
- These are the winners of the S&P rally CNBC - Fri, Dec 26, 2014 9:58 AM EST
- Here's the real job killer @ CNBC - Fri, Dec 26, 2014 9:49 AM EST
Underneath the euphoria of an improving job market, there's one nagging statistic and it reveals the real job killer, says Peter J. Tanous.
- Experts crown their retail winners, losers @ CNBC - Fri, Dec 26, 2014 9:44 AM EST
Retail experts Joseph Feldman and Paul Swinand name their retail winners and losers and provide insight on retail's outlook for 2015.
- Most expensive house (we could get into): Sacramento, Calif @ CNBC - Fri, Dec 26, 2014 9:41 AM EST
This Sacramento estate comes complete with its own private sports complex, basketball court included.
- These stores have the worst return policies for gifts @ CNBC - Fri, Dec 26, 2014 9:32 AM EST
If a dud gift isn't bad enough, some stores make it difficult to return an unwanted present-especially if you don't have a gift receipt.
- Cuba won't be paradise for US working stiffs @ CNBC - Fri, Dec 26, 2014 9:29 AM EST
U.S. travel to Cuba may be more expensive than many might expect. The New York Posts reports.
- Saudis to hit 'panic button' at $40 oil: Energy CEO CNBC - Fri, Dec 26, 2014 9:01 AM EST
- The nine biggest tech flubs of 2014 @ CNBC - Fri, Dec 26, 2014 9:00 AM EST
From executive gaffes to failed devices, there was plenty to talk about in tech in 2014.
- Natgas briefly dips below $3; down 30% in a month CNBC - Fri, Dec 26, 2014 8:40 AM EST
- Overtime bonanza: NY area cops make $300,000 each? CNBC - Fri, Dec 26, 2014 8:36 AM EST
- Early movers: SNE, QCOM, TSLA, GPRO & more @ CNBC - Fri, Dec 26, 2014 7:55 AM EST
These are the stocks posting the largest moves before the bell.
- US futures rise in last day of short holiday week CNBC - Fri, Dec 26, 2014 6:33 AM EST
- US futures rise in quiet post-holiday trading CNBC - Fri, Dec 26, 2014 6:12 AM EST
- Asian markets mostly rise amid light trade @ CNBC - Fri, Dec 26, 2014 3:11 AM EST
Asian bourses largely rose amid thin post-Christmas trading, as markets in Australia, Hong Kong, Indonesia and the Philippines remain shut.
- Save no more? Are Japanese turning spendthrift? CNBC - Fri, Dec 26, 2014 12:39 AM EST
- Singapore picks: best places to work @ CNBC - Thu, Dec 25, 2014 10:23 PM EST
When it comes to work, Singaporeans are thinking global, tipping the heavyweight multinational companies as their top picks, and they're not just thinking about money, a poll found.
- Japan data shows Abenomics still struggling @ CNBC - Thu, Dec 25, 2014 6:37 PM EST
Japan's industrial output posted a surprise drop in November, while inflation continued to slow, offering fresh signs that efforts to kickstart the country's stalled economy aren't proceeding smoothly....