- Volcker Rule errs on caution side: CFTC's Chilton @ CNBC - 1 minute 39 seconds ago
The Volcker Rule could have unforeseen consequences, but it's needed to protect the economy, the outgoing CFTC commissioner told CNBC before his vote.
- European stocks trade higher; Vopak slumps @ CNBC - 12 minutes ago
European equities traded higher on Tuesday on encouraging China data, although investors remained cautious over the timing of Fed tapering.
- Back on top: How a troubled bank returned to life @ CNBC - 15 minutes ago
BankUnited, which failed in Florida during the financial crisis, is opening branches in New York. A look at who's behind its big turnaround.
- Get ready, here it comes: A December taper @ CNBC - 15 minutes ago
Several of the Fed's own financial tests for reducing its asset purchases look to have been met as it heads into the Dec. 17th meeting.
- [video] Smart money taper plays: Muni bonds & REITS @ CNBC - 24 minutes ago
Paul Twitchell, Whitebox Advisors, shares his investment strategies ahead of the Fed's pullback on quantitative easing. Twitchell explains why he see opportunities in municipal bonds and mortgage REITS....
- [video] Chilton: Volcker Rule ultimately 'good for markets' @ CNBC - 41 minutes ago
Bart Chilton, Commodities Futures Trading Commission commissioner, shares his thoughts on a new rule that will bar banks from proprietary trading and limit alternative investment activities.
- US Trade Rep 'not disappointed' by TPP talks @ CNBC - 43 minutes ago
Talks to establish a free trade bloc among a dozen nations around the Pacific Rim have made "significant progress," despite failing to reach a deal.
- Are we drunk yet? Time to remove the QE punch bowl @ CNBC - 58 minutes ago
Central banking is no longer the discipline of taking away the punch bowl just as the party gets going. It appears to have become the art of waiting until the bowl has been topped up several times before ...
- [video] Global markets: European shares 'modestly higher' @ CNBC - 1 hour 3 minutes ago
CNBC's Ross Westgate reports on all the market moving events from Europe, as EU leaders close in on reaching a banking union deal.
- [video] Volcker Rule vote expected today @ CNBC - 1 hour 5 minutes ago
Federal regulators are poised to approve a keystone rule that will reign in financial risk-taking by banks, reports CNBC's Kate Kelly.
- Consumers have had enough, 'rage survey' says @ CNBC - 1 hour 15 minutes ago
The number of households that have experienced "customer rage" has jumped from 60 percent to 68 percent since the last "rage survey" in 2011.
- EU leaders inch closer to banking union deal CNBC - 1 hour 21 minutes ago
- US bonds edge higher ahead of JOLTS report @ CNBC - 1 hour 34 minutes ago
U.S. Treasury bonds crept higher on Tuesday, ahead of the publication of the JOLTS jobs openings report.
- [video] Impact of the Volcker rule on banks? @ CNBC - 1 hour 35 minutes ago
Greg Valliere chief political strategist at Potomac Research Group says that whilst there's a lot of wiggle room in the regulations, the longer-term impact of the Volcker rule on banks will be negative....
- US stocks seen higher ahead of latest labor market report @ CNBC - 1 hour 46 minutes ago
U.S. stock index futures pointed to a higher open on Tuesday, ahead of the publication of the JOLTS jobs openings report.
- [video] Property-owning retailers need to 'embrace' the internet: Pro @ CNBC - 2 hours 0 minutes ago
Joe Coradino, CEO, Pennsylvania Real Estate Investment Trust says that the internet is here to stay and property-owning retailers need to embrace it.
- [video] Liquidity pumps to keep going 'for a couple more years': Pro @ CNBC - 2 hours 15 minutes ago
Martin Leclerc, chief investment officer and portfolio manager at Barrack Yard Advisors thinks the U.S. Federal Reserve will keep the liquidity pumps going for at least a couple more years.
- [video] Elections in the 'fragile five' in 2014 @ CNBC - 2 hours 35 minutes ago
Gareth Leather, Asia economist at Capital Economics, says elections in the "fragile five" economies in 2014 could raise short-term concerns for the impact of currency markets and explains why ...
- How Tom and Jerry inspired a piano master @ CNBC - 2 hours 35 minutes ago
The first Chinese pianist to be engaged by the Berlin and Vienna Philharmonics learned to love classical music from a "Tom and Jerry" cartoon.
- [video] Forward guidance isn't credible enough: Pro @ CNBC - 2 hours 45 minutes ago
Kevin Adams, head of the institutional fixed income team at Henderson Global Investors, says that a rate rise will come earlier rather than later and that the Bank of England's forward guidance policy ...
- [video] Upcoming IPOs in China: All hype? @ CNBC - 2 hours 55 minutes ago
Steve Wang, chief China economist at Reorient Financial Markets, says that there is a lot of hype about upcoming IPOs in China.
- [video] Sanitec IPO values company at $933 million @ CNBC - 3 hours ago
Peter Nilsson, CEO of Sanitec, discusses the company's IPO and the potential for growth in Russia.
- [video] We made 'good progress' on the TPP deal: US Trade Rep @ CNBC - 3 hours ago
Michael Froman, US Trade Representative, says negotiators had a "successful" meeting working out differences between the 12 countries negotiating the Trans-Pacific Partnership.
- Stock party's punch bowl isn't running dry: Deutsche Bank @ CNBC - 3 hours ago
The S&P 500's around 27 percent surge this year may make investors jumpy, but a pent-up cash hoard means the rally can continue, Deutsche Bank said.
- [video] Will EU finance ministers agree on banking union? @ CNBC - 3 hours ago
CNBC's Julia Chatterley speaks to ECB board member Joerg Asmussen and Swedish finance minister Anders Borg, about their hopes of reaching an agreement on the so-called Single Resolution Mechanism.
- Peacocks: It's your fault, not RBS', that you failed @ CNBC - 4 hours ago
Having gone bust more than a year ago, Peacocks is really living up to its name. The failed fashion chain is preening for all it's worth.
- TSMC set to shine despite November sales drop @ CNBC - 4 hours ago
The year end is shaping up to be anticlimactic for major chip foundry Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company (TSMC), yet analysts remain bullish. According to data released Tuesday, TSMC recorded sales of NT$44.33 billion ($1.49 billion) in November, down from NT$51.79 billion in October. TSMC estimates a decline …
- [video] Earnings driving equities, not QE: Pro @ CNBC - 4 hours ago
Max King, investment strategist at Investec Asset Management, says strong earnings are causing the equity market rally.
- [video] European stocks open lower in cautious trade @ CNBC - 4 hours ago
European equities opened lower on Tuesday, following cautious trade in their Asian counterparts.
- Lululemon founder departs after criticizing customers' figures CNBC - 4 hours ago
- [video] Hotel industry has come through crisis well: Rezidor CEO @ CNBC - 4 hours ago
Wolfgang Neumann, CEO of Rezidor Hotel Group, says the hotel industry has been resilient during the financial crisis.
- [video] Volcker rule is 'detrimental' to bank lending: Pro @ CNBC - 5 hours ago
Bob Baur, chief global economist at Principal Global Investors, and Mike Amey, portfolio manager at PIMCO, discuss the potential problems of implementing the Volcker rule.
- [video] Are all inclusive holidays back in vogue? @ CNBC - 5 hours ago
Peter Long, CEO of TUI Travel PLC, says customers are opting for all inclusive package holidays as incomes are under pressure.
- Asian stocks decline after China data; Malaysia at record highs @ CNBC - 5 hours ago
Asian markets declined in tepid trade on Tuesday as investors digested a raft of Chinese economic reports and ignored a record close on Wall Street.
- Greek Finance Minister: Troika deal still possible @ CNBC - 5 hours ago
Greek Finance Minister Yannis Stournaras told CNBC he was still hopeful that Greece would receive its next 1 billion euro installment of aid.
- [video] UK economy 'fragile', couldn't cope with higher rates: Pro @ CNBC - 5 hours ago
John Wraith, rates strategist at Bank of America Merill Lynch Global Research, says the U.K.'s economy is not strong enough to cope with higher interest rates.
- [video] Thai democrats have 'shot themselves in the foot': Pro @ CNBC - 5 hours ago
Arvind Ramakrishnan, head of Asia at Maplecroft, says the Democrat party which is calling for an unelected council to govern the country, will not get support from the majority of the country and does ...
- [video] Markets not worried about timing of taper: Pro @ CNBC - 5 hours ago
Adam Cole, head of G10 FX strategy at RBC Capital Markets, says the market has priced in tapering and is no longer worried about the timing.
- Employers turn upbeat on European recruitment CNBC - 6 hours ago
- China retail sales beat expectations, factory output firm @ CNBC - 6 hours ago
A recovery in China, the world's second largest economy, is intact heading into the end of the year, data released on Tuesday suggests.
- [video] China data confirms unsustainable recovery: Pro @ CNBC - 6 hours ago
Brendan Brown, Head of Research at Mitsubishi UFJ Securities, explains why he still sees risks for a serious slowdown in China.
- [video] Chinese retail sales beat estimates in November @ CNBC - 6 hours ago
CNBC's Chloe Cho breaks down Tuesday's data deluge from China and explains what it means for the mainland's economic recovery.
- [video] Prospects of TPP pact unlikely before year-end @ CNBC - 6 hours ago
Tuesday is the last day of the Trans Pacific Partnership negotiations in Singapore and as CNBC's Sri Jegarajah reports, the United States and Japan remain at odds.
- China 2014 growth target: To cut or not to cut? CNBC - 7 hours ago
- Don't sweat the Volcker rule: EY CNBC - 7 hours ago
- Euro eyes $1.40 amid strong uptrend: charts @ CNBC - 7 hours ago
The euro is within sight of a two-year high set in October and charts indicate that a sustainable uptrend is at hand.
- [video] Why Abenomics has only just begun @ CNBC - 8 hours ago
Glen Wood, Head of Sales, Global at Mitsubishi UFJ Morgan Stanley Securities, outlines the raft of investment opportunities in Japan right now.
- Is this currency the 'best on the planet?' CNBC - 8 hours ago
- [video] How a TPP deal can help Asian nations @ CNBC - 9 hours ago
Joshua Meltzer, Fellow, Global Economy and Development at Brookings Institute, explains why a TPP will be beneficial to Asia.
- [video] Will banking regulations lift US economy? @ CNBC - 9 hours ago
Steven Holland, Founder & CEO at The Holland Group, says he is strongly in favor of more banking regulations.