- Rate liftoff has been moved forward: Fed's Fisher @ CNBC - 28 minutes ago
Dallas Fed President Fisher told CNBC on Friday that in his view the date for interest rate liftoff has been moved forward.
- Live blog: Wall Street set to slide after global rout @ CNBC - 31 minutes ago
Wall Street futures pointed to a sharply lower open, as Russia tensions, Argentina default and weak U.S. labor data weigh on global markets.
- Procter & Gamble earnings miss estimates @ CNBC - 34 minutes ago
Procter & Gamble reported quarterly earnings that came in short of analysts' expectations on Friday.
- What will your shopping list be in 25 years? @ CNBC - 36 minutes ago
Advancing technology and demographic trends will likely continue to change the consumer purchase landscape over the next 25 years. Here's how.
- Asia stocks fall after China PMI; Sony rallies over 4% @ CNBC - 41 minutes ago
Asian stocks declined on Friday following a global market selloff overnight but upbeat data from China helped cap larger losses.
- Junk bonds plunge as chase for yield evaporates @ CNBC - 44 minutes ago
Ultra-low rates have spurred investors to chase yield in ever riskier corners of the bond market, but some are starting to pull out of the race.
- Has the 3-D printing bubble already burst? @ CNBC - 47 minutes ago
Investors are disagreeing with the hype around 3-D printing and are ramping up their short positions as earnings in the sector disappoint.
- [video] Europe's deflationary fears @ CNBC - 58 minutes ago
Mark Grant, Southwest Securities, shares his thoughts on how deflationary worries in Europe could impact U.S. markets. Oil and energy are sold in U.S. dollars, Grant points out.
- [video] Why the bond market is the place to be: Pro @ CNBC - 1 hour 2 minutes ago
Mark Grant, Southwest Securities, shares his thoughts on the U.S. 10-year Treasury and where to find value in global bonds.
- [video] GoPro's 'self-inflicted' wounds: Expert @ CNBC - 1 hour 16 minutes ago
Europe was the culprit in GoPro's numbers, says Charles Anderson, Dougherty & Co., breaking down the company's first earnings report and sharing his expectations for the second half of the year.
- This chart predicts rock bottom US yields @ CNBC - 1 hour 17 minutes ago
The interest rate on 10-year U.S. Treasurys isn't heading higher any time soon - in fact it could be ready to sink back to sub-2 percent levels, according to an analyst.
- Europe shares continue fall; hit 3-month low @ CNBC - 1 hour 24 minutes ago
European shares continued their fall lower with investors reacting to new data from the euro zone and looking ahead to jobs data due out from the U.S.
- [video] Wage numbers key to jobs report: Pro @ CNBC - 1 hour 31 minutes ago
Michelle Girard, RBS chief U.S. economist, and Jim O'Sullivan, High Frequency Economics, share their expectations on Friday's jobs report.
- [video] 'Nervous' US market to continue sell-off @ CNBC - 1 hour 51 minutes ago
Scott Shellady, CEO of Bull Reef Brokerage at TJM Investments, comments on the U.S. market and says that it should continue to sell off if the jobs number come out strong.
- US bonds decline ahead of non-farm payrolls @ CNBC - 1 hour 52 minutes ago
U.S. bonds declined on Friday, along with other "safe-haven" assets like German Bunds, even as global stock markets sold off.
- [video] Trade of the day: Is equity sell-off 'overdone'? @ CNBC - 2 hours 3 minutes ago
How do you make money in these markets? Here is what some of the experts have been telling CNBC.
- Emerging markets: The risks markets may be missing @ CNBC - 2 hours 5 minutes ago
One of the most surprising aspects about Argentina's default on its debt this week was the lack of market impact on other emerging economies.
- [video] US labor market to continue its acceleration? @ CNBC - 2 hours 6 minutes ago
Jens Nordvig, global head of foreign exchange strategy at Nomura Securities International, discusses the upcoming U.S. nonfarm payroll data and why the next FOMC meeting could be "crucial".
- Wall Street rout seen continuing on global selloff @ CNBC - 2 hours 11 minutes ago
Wall Street was seen opening sharply lower on Friday, as global markets sold off and investors awaited the monthly U.S. employment report.
- [video] GoPro looks 'slightly inflated right now': Pro @ CNBC - 2 hours 16 minutes ago
Josef Schuster, founder of IPOX Schuster, discusses GoPro and says the stock price "has run ahead of itself" as it values the group more as a media concern rather than a tech hardware one.
- [video] Why US GDP will be revised down @ CNBC - 2 hours 36 minutes ago
Lance Roberts, chief strategist at STA Wealth Management, says U.S. second-quarter GDP will probably be revised down, as consumption and gross domestic income remain very low.
- Squawking 'Sharknado', the munchies & NYC soccer @ CNBC - 3 hours ago
Talking Squawk, the official "Squawk Box" blog, provides tidbits, insights, and some sarcastic reflections on the WEEK THAT WAS and the WEEK TO COME.
- [video] Robert Walters CEO on jobs outlook @ CNBC - 3 hours ago
Robert Walters, CEO of Robert Walters, discusses the outlook for global job creation and wage inflation and says that the U.K. should start to see wages rise in 2015.
- [video] China, India to have better second half: Pro @ CNBC - 3 hours ago
Dariusz Kowalczyk, senior economist and strategist at Credit Agricole, says we should expect a better environment in Asia in the second half of the year thanks to decent PMI data for China and India.
- SocGen posts profit rise; ups litigation provision @ CNBC - 3 hours ago
French lender Societe Generale reported a 7.8 percent rise in net profit on Friday, while adding to its litigation provisions.
- [video] 'Central bank policy exhaustion' hitting markets: Pro @ CNBC - 3 hours ago
Gautam Batra, investment strategist at Signia Wealth, says markets are suffering from "central bank policy exhaustion" and discusses the outlook.
- [video] Is it pants? The big business of luxury underwear @ CNBC - 3 hours ago
Olivia Francis, founder and managing director of Hamilton & Hare, discusses the appeal of luxury underwear and the company's challenge to big competitors.
- [video] Corporate reform key for Japan: Pro @ CNBC - 4 hours ago
Matthew Beesley, head of global equities at Henderson Global Investors, says investors are looking for reform of Japan's corporate sector.
- Bank of Ireland finally returns to profit @ CNBC - 4 hours ago
Bank of Ireland has made a profit for the first time since the Irish property market collapsed ignominiously in 2008.
- [video] US Treasurys to see 'substantial' fall in yields: Pro @ CNBC - 4 hours ago
Tim McCullough, technical strategist at Lloyds Bank Commercial Banking, says the yield on U.S. 10 year Treasurys could fall to lows of 1.80 percent.
- [video] Nuclear industry 'not in crisis': Areva CEO @ CNBC - 4 hours ago
Pierre Aubouin, CFO of Areva, says the nuclear industry is "not in crisis" and expects the install base to increase over the next year.
- [video] BES finding fresh capital is a 'big ask': Pro @ CNBC - 5 hours ago
Duncan Farr, banks specialist at Macquarie Group, says it will be tough for Banco Espirito Santo to raise the required fresh capital it needs.
- [video] RBS warns on impact of Scottish independence @ CNBC - 5 hours ago
RBS warned that Scottish independence could have a "material adverse effect" on the company. Jim McCaughan, CEO of Principal Global Investors, discusses the impact of a Scottish "yes" ...
- [video] We're adapting to Russia conditions: Soc Gen CEO @ CNBC - 5 hours ago
FrÃ©dÃ©ric OudÃ©a, CEO of SociÃ©tÃ© GÃ©nÃ©rale, says the company is "adapting" to the tense situation in Russia, but is confident about its long-term plan in the country.
- [video] Irish recovery underway: Bank of Ireland CEO @ CNBC - 5 hours ago
Richie Boucher, CEO of Bank of Ireland, says valuations of assets in the Irish economy have not gone too far and a recovery in the country is underway.
- [video] Direct Line to dispose of international arm @ CNBC - 5 hours ago
Paul Geddes, CEO of Direct Line, says the company is "reviewing" the disposal of its Italian and German business.
- [video] European sell-off a 'healthy wobble': Pro @ CNBC - 5 hours ago
Jim McCaughan, CEO of Principal Global Investors, says the sell-off in European equities is a "healthy wobble".
- [video] European CEOs on Russian sanctions @ CNBC - 5 hours ago
Chief executives of Europe's top companies tell CNBC how sanctions on Russia are affecting their business.
- Should Sony forget about smartphones? @ CNBC - 5 hours ago
Sony warned about the outlook for its smartphone division when it released quarterly earnings Thursday raising the question whether the firm should just cut its losses in the highly competitive sector....
- [video] We're ready for more natural disasters: AXA CEO @ CNBC - 6 hours ago
Henri de Castries, CEO of AXA, says the company is prepared for further natural disasters after adverse weather in Germany caused a high number of payouts for the insurance company in the first half of ...
- As volatility spikes, keep calm and carry on @ CNBC - 6 hours ago
As equity markets enter a period of increased volatility amid growing uncertainty over the timing of the Federal Reserve's first rate hike, the message from strategists to retail investors is to keep calm ...
- [video] Will China's anti-corruption drive go on if growth slows? @ CNBC - 6 hours ago
Geoffrey Yu, FX strategist at UBS, says Chinese President Xi Jinping has been as "good as his word" by sticking to the anti-corruption drive, but could scale back if growth begins to slow.
- [video] Banking fines are a 'risk': Soc Gen CEO @ CNBC - 6 hours ago
FrÃ©dÃ©ric OudÃ©a, CEO of SociÃ©tÃ© GÃ©nÃ©rale, says the slew of banking litigation cases is a "risk" for the industry.
- [video] 'Positive' about SociÃ©tÃ© GÃ©nÃ©rale momentum: CEO @ CNBC - 6 hours ago
FrÃ©dÃ©ric OudÃ©a, CEO of SociÃ©tÃ© GÃ©nÃ©rale, says the second-quarter results posted by the bank were "strong".
- Why rising Treasury yields may not whack EM @ CNBC - 6 hours ago
A spike in U.S. Treasury yields may spur fears of another emerging markets rout, but analysts are divided on whether there's much correlation.
- Tesla targets Reno (and others) for Gigafactory @ CNBC - 7 hours ago
After months of considering several sites in five states as possible locations for Tesla's new $5 billion Gigafactory, the electric car maker has made it clear one city appears to be out in front of others ...
- [video] After India blocks WTO deal, what next for trade? @ CNBC - 7 hours ago
Deborah Elm, Executive Director at Asian Trade Centre, describes what's next on the global trade agenda after New Delhi refused to sign off on a trade-facilitation deal.
- [video] This is the key factor for China stocks @ CNBC - 7 hours ago
Erwin Sanft, Head of China & HK Equity Research at Standard Chartered, says credit supply data is crucial for Chinese equity markets. He expects a pick-up in money supply going forward.
- [video] OSIM: Seeing double-digit sales in China @ CNBC - 7 hours ago
Ron Sim, Chairman and CEO of massage chair manufacturer OSIM International, describes how China's booming consumer market is boosting sales.
- [video] UOB earnings lagged behind DBS: Expert @ CNBC - 8 hours ago
Matthew Phan, Analyst on Asia-Pacific Banks at Creditsights, compares the earnings of Singaporean bank UOB with its peer DBS.