- Bubble watch? Tech IPOs lag surge of VC money @ CNBC - 16 minutes ago
If you're looking for signs of a tech bubble, you don't have to do much searching these days.
- Stock futures fall sharply on Europe worries @ CNBC - 19 minutes ago
U.S. stock index futures indicated a sharply lower open, despite relatively dovish minutes from the Fed, amid earnings caution.
- Watch French bonds for signs of real trouble: Trader @ CNBC - 26 minutes ago
The selloff in world markets Thursday because of concern over banks in Portugal is "relatively serious," said Jim Iuorio, managing director at TJM Institutional Services.
- Sarepta data suggest 3-year benefit in muscular dystrophy @ CNBC - 32 minutes ago
Data from a study of Sarepta Therapeutics' experimental drug eteplirsen for Duchenne muscular dystrophy suggest it helped slow declines in walking ability for almost three years.
- [video] Weekly jobless claims down 11,000 to 304,000 @ CNBC - 35 minutes ago
This is going to change everything that is going on in Europe, says CNBC's Rick Santelli breaking down the latest numbers on unemployment and sharing his thoughts on how it will likely impact European ...
- [video] Big data for everyone @ CNBC - 46 minutes ago
Bastiaan Janmaat, DataFox co-founder & CEO, discusses how his company is shaking up the world of big data by offering research to investors of all types and sizes at affordable prices.
- How rural India's lights are being switched on @ CNBC - 46 minutes ago
The energy challenges facing India are vast and varied. How is solar power helping to transform lives?
- Portugal concerns compound global stock sell-off @ CNBC - 55 minutes ago
Global equity markets slumped Thursday amid concerns over U.S. economic growth and weaker-than-expected data from China and the euro zone.
- I'm selling 6 times more than buying: Wilbur Ross @ CNBC - 56 minutes ago
With the stock market recently at all-time highs, before Thursday's sharp selloff in futures and weakness earlier this week, it's more attractive to sell than buy, said private-equity billionaire Wilbur ...
- [video] Time to reform the Fed? @ CNBC - 1 hour 0 minutes ago
John Taylor, Hoover Institution senior fellow, discusses pending legislation on Capitol Hill that includes proposals for increased scrutiny of the Federal Reserve.
- [video] EU shares tank amid Portugal banks fears @ CNBC - 1 hour 4 minutes ago
CNBC's Karen Tso reports there's a selloff in global markets triggered by disappointing economic data and concerns around troubled Portuguese banks.
- Grave doubts: Advisors help widows make choices @ CNBC - 1 hour 5 minutes ago
Women, the more likely to end up widowed, must contend with how to manage a portfolio for one. But interference from the grave can get in the way.
- Got a billion-dollar idea? 4 ways to be sure @ CNBC - 1 hour 5 minutes ago
Why do some tech start-ups, like Zillow, Airbnb and Uber, disrupt their industries while others stumble? Four reasons, says an online CEO.
- [video] Boomers boost luxury travel biz @ CNBC - 1 hour 16 minutes ago
Matthew Upchurch, Virtuoso chairman & CEO, discusses the baby boomers' big impact on the travel industry.
- Early movers: UNH, BAC, IBM, COST, LL, WDFC & more @ CNBC - 1 hour 16 minutes ago
These are the stocks posting the largest moves before the bell.
- [video] Boomers hit the road in style @ CNBC - 1 hour 18 minutes ago
CNBC's Robert Frank reports the "baby boomer" generation are hitting the road and they're doing it in style.
- [video] Sen Hoeven's plan to 'enforce the border' @ CNBC - 1 hour 25 minutes ago
Sen. John Hoeven, (R-N.D.), discusses his bill on implementing comprehensive immigration reform.
- [video] Sen Hoeven: Obama needs to go to the border @ CNBC - 1 hour 28 minutes ago
Sen. John Hoeven, (R-N.D.), shares his thoughts on President Obama's trip to Texas and weighs in on increasing border security.
- [video] Israel threatens ground invasion of Gaza @ CNBC - 1 hour 30 minutes ago
Tensions are escalating in the Middle East, reports NBC's Martin Fletcher with the latest details on the continuing crisis.
- [video] Europe 'papered over' its problems: Pro @ CNBC - 1 hour 34 minutes ago
Jim Iuorio, TJM Institutional Services shares his thoughts on what's prompting the selloff in European markets.
- [video] Buzz from Sun Valley @ CNBC - 1 hour 45 minutes ago
CNBC's Kayla Tausche has the latest details on the hot topics at Allen & Company's annual conference in Idaho.
- [video] Ross: Courage to buy BankUnited @ CNBC - 1 hour 53 minutes ago
Wilbur Ross, WL Ross & Company chairman & CEO, discusses his decision to buy the failed Florida thrift BankUnited. Also Ross explains why he couldn't "get his arms" around the deal to purchase ...
- BoE holds fire amid fears of sterling strength @ CNBC - 1 hour 56 minutes ago
The continued strengthening of the U.K pound seems to be giving policymakers at the Bank of England (BoE) a major headache.
- [video] Fears surface around Portugal's banks @ CNBC - 1 hour 57 minutes ago
CNBC's Karen Tso reports European shares fell sharply on weak economic data and fears about Portugal's banks.
- CNBC Exclusive Interview: Marek Belka, Govenor of the National Bank of Poland @ CNBC - 2 hours 5 minutes ago
CNBC Exclusive Interview: Marek Belka, Govenor of the National Bank of Poland
- Futures point to sharply lower open, European stocks sink @ CNBC - 2 hours 8 minutes ago
U.S. stock index futures indicated a sharply lower open on Thursday.
- [video] Retail 'funk' keeps sales depressed @ CNBC - 2 hours 13 minutes ago
Gerald Storch, fomer Toys R' Us chairman & CEO, provides his take on Ron Johnson's strategy to turnaround JC Penney, and weighs in on the slump in the retail sector.
- [video] BoE leaves key interest rate at 0.5% @ CNBC - 2 hours 15 minutes ago
The Bank of England has left its key interest rate unchanged at 0.5 percent. Ian Stannard, head of European FX strategy at Morgan Stanley, gives his immediate reaction.
- [video] Former JCP CEO: I resigned three times @ CNBC - 2 hours 15 minutes ago
JC Penney's former top executive told a classroom full of students he tried to leave the company he couldn't seem to turnaround three times, report's CNBC's Joe Kernen.
- Apple store design trademarked in EU @ CNBC - 2 hours 24 minutes ago
The layout of Apple's stores in the European Union (EU) can be registered as a trademark, the bloc's top court ruled on Thursday.
- [video] Venturing into European tech VC @ CNBC - 2 hours 25 minutes ago
Simon Menashy, investment manager at MMC Ventures, discusses the potential of investing in European technology companies.
- [video] Fed ready to end QE.. but are markets? @ CNBC - 2 hours 29 minutes ago
Julian Emanuel, UBS, and Chris Rupkey, Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ, discuss the likely end of the Federal Reserve's easy money policy and its impact on the markets.
- US Treasurys tick higher as traders digest Fed minutes @ CNBC - 2 hours 36 minutes ago
U.S government debt prices moved higher as traders digested minutes from the Fed's June meeting and looked ahead to earnings season.
- [video] Allergan CEO comes out swinging @ CNBC - 2 hours 41 minutes ago
CNBC's Meg Tirrell reports Allergan CEO David Pyott told "Mad Money" host Jim Cramer Valeant's he is keeping his options open on acquisitions.
- [video] Carwow founder on getting the best auto deals @ CNBC - 2 hours 45 minutes ago
James Hind, CEO and founder of Carwow, discusses how his website can help users find a new car and compare different prices between dealers.
- 'Game of Thrones' boosts this ex-Communist country @ CNBC - 2 hours 45 minutes ago
The wildly popular "Game of Thrones" TV series could also help re-establish Croatia's reputation as a location for film making.
- Asia stocks mixed on China data; Indonesia soars on election optimism @ CNBC - 2 hours 46 minutes ago
Asian equities ended mixed on Thursday following weak trade data from China and minutes from the Federal Reserve's latest meeting.
- [video] Standoff at the Mexican border @ CNBC - 2 hours 52 minutes ago
CNBC's John Harwood reports on President Obama's trip to Texas on Wednesday and the latest details on the political gridlock over immigration reform.
- [video] UK economy 'going like a train': Pro @ CNBC - 2 hours 59 minutes ago
Ruth Lea, economic advisor at Arbuthnot Banking Group, says the economy is "going like a train" and the Bank of England should raise rates soon.
- [video] Tensions escalate in the Middle East @ CNBC - 3 hours ago
Israel's aerial assault on Gaza is now in its third day, reports NBC's Martin Fletcher with the latest details on the unrest.
- Commercial aviation market soaring: Boeing @ CNBC - 3 hours ago
Increasing demand from low-cost airlines and booming airline travel in Asia - China in particular - drove Boeing to raise its forecast for new airplanes.
- New rules for banks servicing Russian state firms @ CNBC - 3 hours ago
Russia's finance ministry and central bank on Thursday agreed on new banking rules for state-owned companies.
- Europe shares sink, Portugal banks, data weighs @ CNBC - 3 hours ago
European stocks were lower in morning trade on Thursday, with peripheral stocks leading the declines as Portugal's PSI 20 Index fell by around 3 percent.
- [video] Jobs figures only nominally good: Pro @ CNBC - 3 hours ago
While nominally a good figure, most new jobs shown in the U.S. jobs figures last week are in the services sector. These are not high paying jobs meaning they don't create growth or discretionary spending, ...
- [video] New US-China talks aimed at resolving tensions: Pro @ CNBC - 3 hours ago
The latest round U.S. China talks are focused on "thrashing out" solutions for tensions between the two powers rather than signing massive new agreements, says Miranda Carr, head of China research ...
- [video] Online ticketing is changing: Stubhub CEO @ CNBC - 3 hours ago
A few years ago a hundred percent of our tickets were delivered online, now only about twenty percent, with most customers preferring e-tickets, says Chris Tsakalakis, CEO of Stubhub.
- Sodexo highlights 'tough' France, Netherlands @ CNBC - 3 hours ago
French catering and site facilities company Sodexo (Euronext Paris: SW-FR) followed its warning Wednesday of a fall in revenue by highlighting that its food service clients in Europe are continuing to ...
- [video] Fed won't move on rates while economy improves: Pro @ CNBC - 4 hours ago
The U.S. Federal Reserve signaled yesterday that there won't be any "fire drills" on interest rates while the economy improves, says Ken Kamen, president of Mercadien Asset Management.
- [video] Content hungry? Get 'screen stacking' @ CNBC - 4 hours ago
Joe Webb, head of digital at TNS Asia Pacific, says the practice of screen stacking - where a person uses more than one electronic device at once - is on the rise.
- [video] Ex-BoE member on MPC voting, forward guidance @ CNBC - 4 hours ago
DeAnne Julius, former member of the of the monetary policy committee of the Bank of England, says now is not the right time for forward guidance, adding that the BoE's independence is at risk if members ...