- PayPal's donation tools stiff some charities, new class action lawsuit alleges @ CNBC - 17 minutes ago
When charitable accounts are not set up correctly, PayPal continues to accept donations on their behalf, the suit alleges.
- 'The stars may be aligning for the retail investor,' strategist says @ CNBC - 19 minutes ago
Pro-growth policies could persuade some hesitant retail investors to re-enter the market, David Lebovitz says.
- US Treasurys rise as investors await Trump’s speech to Congress @ CNBC - 22 minutes ago
U.S Treasurys are lower on Tuesday as investors digest President Donald Trump's outline for his first budget and eye a speech to Congress tonight.
- Trump's sprawling agenda faces peril on both sides of the aisle @ CNBC - 31 minutes ago
President Donald Trump's big plans are in deep trouble as he heads into his first big speech to Congress.
- Snapchat vs Instagram: U.S. user battle hots up ahead of Snap’s IPO @ CNBC - 39 minutes ago
According to a study by eMarketer, Instagram will have 77 million U.S. users in 2017, while Snapchat will have 70.4 million
- Apple may have more than 1,000 engineers working on augmented reality for the iPhone, UBS says @ CNBC - 39 minutes ago
UBS says Apple acquired multiple augmented reality technology companies such as PrimeSense, Metaio and RealFace.
- The 3 best pieces of advice Bill Gates would give his 19-year-old self @ CNBC - 41 minutes ago
Intelligence is "not quite as important as I thought," says the billionaire.
- Media companies are starting to cash in on Snapchat CNBC - 46 minutes ago
- Nutrisystem sees 'strong start to the diet season,' shares soar @ CNBC - 48 minutes ago
Shares of weight loss service Nutrisystem skyrocketed after the company reported fourth-quarter earnings and full-year guidance that topped expectations.
- This is what Kraft Heinz could gain from a Unilever merger @ CNBC - 50 minutes ago
These are the brands Kraft Heinz could get ahold of if it merged with Unilever.
- Spring housing already overheating—think 60 offers on one house @ CNBC - 53 minutes ago
"All signs are showing that homes this spring will be much less affordable than last year," warns one real estate economist.
- You'll now be able to fly between the UK, Ireland and US for as little as $65 CNBC - 54 minutes ago
- Xbox launches Netflix-like service for gamers @ CNBC - 1 hour 0 minutes ago
Microsoft announces plans for a new Netflix-like service for gamers, giving them unlimited access to more than 100 games.
- 15. Tesla NanoCoatings: Anti-corrosive paint for industrial applications @ CNBC - 1 hour 1 minute ago
Tesla claims its coating, stronger and more resilient than traditional steel primers, is reducing corrosion costs for companies by 30 percent.
- 12 Grokker: Fitness and lifestyle web videos @ CNBC - 1 hour 4 minutes ago
An on-demand video wellness service called Grokker brings the best of exercise, meditation and healthy cooking videos right to your TV, laptop or phone.
- 11. Dia&Co: Subscription apparel service for plus-sized women @ CNBC - 1 hour 4 minutes ago
Ecommerce start-up Dia&Co sees a big opportunity in the $17 billion business marketplace for women's plus-size clothing.
- How we chose the inaugural CNBC Upstart 25 @ CNBC - 1 hour 5 minutes ago
CNBC's first-ever list of promising young start-ups are scaling quickly on the path to becoming tomorrow's household names.
- 10. GuardiCore: Data-center security service @ CNBC - 1 hour 5 minutes ago
GuardiCore has found a way to stop threats from moving around a data center once they're inside.
- 25 promising start-up ideas the world may soon view as essential @ CNBC - 1 hour 5 minutes ago
The Upstart 25, CNBC's first-ever list of promising young start-ups, features companies building brands, breaking barriers and scaling quickly.
- 9. Ellevest: Digital investing platform for women @ CNBC - 1 hour 5 minutes ago
Former Merrill Lynch CEO Sallie Krawcheck launched Ellevest. Her latest mission: to close the gender investing gap.
- 19. Foodstirs: Organic baking mixes and kits @ CNBC - 1 hour 6 minutes ago
Foodstirs, co-founded by actress Sarah Michelle Gellar, is bringing together families with its organic, GMO-free dessert baking kits.
- 8. LOLA: Feminine hygiene products @ CNBC - 1 hour 6 minutes ago
Actress Lena Dunham is among the investors betting on LOLA, a feminine-care subscription service committed to organic ingredients and wellness.
- How a start-up out of MIT is trying to reinvent cycling in America @ CNBC - 1 hour 6 minutes ago
Urbanites take heart: If an MIT start-up has its way, a new robotic smart wheel will change biking forever.
- The latest hot start-ups to emerge from Israel’s cybersecurity war machine @ CNBC - 1 hour 6 minutes ago
The Israeli military has been grooming a new kind of soldier for decades: cybersecurity experts. Many are launching start-ups to combat cyber warfare.
- How Buffy intends to slay the $4.7 billion baking-mix industry @ CNBC - 1 hour 6 minutes ago
Sarah Michelle Gellar has joined a long list of celeb entrepreneurs to launch a side business. How she and her team are revolutionizing the baking sector.
- 4. Markit Opportunity: Connecting produce buyers to the world’s poorest farmers @ CNBC - 1 hour 6 minutes ago
To help the world's poorest, Markit Opportunity is using modern technology to connect small farmers and urban wholesale traders in East Africa.
- Forget the EpiPen, this new device detects allergies in minutes @ CNBC - 1 hour 6 minutes ago
Nima is a food-allergy detection device created by MIT graduates to help diners detect dangers on their plates.
- 18. LANDR Audio: Artificial intelligence platform for digital audio @ CNBC - 1 hour 6 minutes ago
Using A.I., LANDR Audio is mastering the sound of audio tracks, a task traditionally handled by sound engineers that cost thousands.
- Why women entrepreneurs will be the economic force to reckon with in 2017 @ CNBC - 1 hour 6 minutes ago
Women-owned startups represent a large share of CNBC's inaugural Upstart 25 list. It reflects the growth of female entrepreneurship in the U.S. and abroad.
- 17. Nima: Portable sensor for people with food allergies @ CNBC - 1 hour 7 minutes ago
Two MIT classmates developed Nima, a portable sensor that detects gluten in food, taking the anxiety out of dining out.
- 6. Virtru: Email and shared-document security software @ CNBC - 1 hour 7 minutes ago
The Ackerly brothers say their communications app Virtu is the solution to a secure email. HBO and the New York Times have already signed on.
- 2. MobileQubes: Mobile device charging kiosks @ CNBC - 1 hour 7 minutes ago
MobileQubes is providing self-service kiosks so customers can rent portable battery packs to charge mobile devices on the go.
- 20. ZeeMee: College planning @ CNBC - 1 hour 7 minutes ago
About 200 colleges are partnering with ZeeMee, a platform where applicants can liven their profiles with photos and videos.
- 22. Hexadite: Artificial intelligence cyberthreat detection @ CNBC - 1 hour 7 minutes ago
Hexadite is using artificial intelligence to investigate and remediate cyberthreat alerts, claiming it can resolve incidents in seconds.
- 25. DroneDeploy: Aerial mapping technology @ CNBC - 1 hour 7 minutes ago
Since 2013, DroneDeploy's technology has been used in 130 countries, and users have mapped more than 5 million acres of land.
- 16. Scalable Capital: Data-driven investment service @ CNBC - 1 hour 7 minutes ago
Scalable Capital is setting itself apart from other robo-advisors by taking a more sophisticated approach to risk.
- 3. SafeTrek: Personal safety app @ CNBC - 1 hour 7 minutes ago
Originally created for college students, SafeTrek can be activated quickly and quietly on a smartphone to call for help.
- 23 Fireglass: Software, cybersecurity @ CNBC - 1 hour 7 minutes ago
Web-borne threats account for more than 80 percent of breaches. Fireglass is providing enterprise clients a new approach to battle them.
- Inside the robot pizza company that delivers healthy pizzas to Google @ CNBC - 1 hour 7 minutes ago
Upstart 25 winner Zume Pizza is replacing human chefs with robots, slashing labor costs and reinvesting those savings into better ingredients.
- 21. Curb: Internet of Things platform for climate control and home appliances @ CNBC - 1 hour 7 minutes ago
Energy-tracking platform Curb lets homeowners monitor their energy usage in real time from their computer or smartphone via its app.
- This Kenyan start-up is reinventing the family farm for the 21st century @ CNBC - 1 hour 7 minutes ago
Markit Opportunity is a Kenya-based start-up that connects small farms to big corporate buyers and exporters through mobile apps.
- 7. Superpedestrian: High-efficiency bicycle wheels for urban commuters @ CNBC - 1 hour 7 minutes ago
Combining sleek design and robotics, Superpedestrian gives city riders the extra boost they need to handle the metropolis terrain.
- 14. Pymetrics: Neuroscience games for job recruitment @ CNBC - 1 hour 7 minutes ago
Pymetrics offers neuroscience games for job recruitment. It is updating decades-old methods to screen candidates.
- 13. Midfin Systems: Cloud software services for the Internet of Things @ CNBC - 1 hour 7 minutes ago
Midfin Systems is trying to reinvent cloud computing. The start-up offers cloud software services for the Internet of Things.
- Regulations hurting small banks didn't come from my law, Dodd-Frank architect says @ CNBC - 1 hour 7 minutes ago
Many of the federal regulations troubling smaller banks come from separate anti-laundering legislation, Barney Frank says.
- Sony launches phone with world's first 4K HDR screen and superfast download speeds CNBC - 1 hour 13 minutes ago
- Monthly US home-price gains reach a 2½-year high @ CNBC - 1 hour 16 minutes ago
The S&P Case-Shiller CoreLogic Home Price Index rose 5.8 percent year over year in December.
- This jewelry brand's stock plummets after sexual harassment allegations surface @ CNBC - 1 hour 17 minutes ago
The employees claim a corporate culture that fostered rampant sexual harassment and discrimination, according to The Washington Post.
- 8 productivity hacks to lower your stress this year @ CNBC - 1 hour 25 minutes ago
The best productivity tricks are ones that you don't need to think about.
- Taxing imports at the border could bring America billions — in retaliation @ CNBC - 1 hour 26 minutes ago
By one estimate, the so-called border adjustment tax could have countries putting up $385 billion in blocks on U.S. exports.