- Op-Ed: The federal government shouldn't pay for Trump's new roads and bridges @ CNBC - 12 minutes ago
It's time for the federal government to stop wasting money on "bridges to nowhere," says Prof. Edward L. Glaeser.
- ResMed stock surges after strong quarterly results @ CNBC - 17 minutes ago
The firm also reiterated its gross margin guidance for the fiscal year 2017.
- White House spokesman Sean Spicer talks jobs, Trump executive actions @ CNBC - 30 minutes ago
Sean Spicer started his tenure over the weekend by berating reporters.
- The best investment Tony Robbins ever made cost him $35 at age 17 @ CNBC - 36 minutes ago
At the time, he was making $40 a week as a part-time janitor.
- S&P 500 hits new all-time high as materials spike 2.5% @ CNBC - 37 minutes ago
U.S. equities rose on Tuesday, with materials spiking more than 2 percent on the back of more executive orders from President Donald Trump.
- Technology investors are 'freaking out' about the new FCC chair, VC says @ CNBC - 43 minutes ago
Ajit Pai is widely expected to roll back regulations and let the companies decide what to charge.
- The two main sticking points behind Trump's push to build more cars in the US @ CNBC - 47 minutes ago
As the president puts pressure on automakers to bring jobs back to the U.S., here are two numbers that are likely gnawing at him.
- WH spokesman Spicer won't give evidence to back Trump's claim that millions voted illegally @ CNBC - 58 minutes ago
Trump told congressional leaders Monday that he believes millions of illegal ballots cost him the popular vote.
- Auto expert: Automakers 'bullied in public' by Trump @ CNBC - 1 hour 6 minutes ago
Trump is bullying automakers, trying to force them to build cars in the U.S. even if there isn't a business case for it, Paul Ingrassia told CNBC.
- US Treasury yields higher after economic data, 2-year note sale @ CNBC - 1 hour 10 minutes ago
U.S. government debt prices were lower on Tuesday as investors digested a batch of economic data and a Treasury Department sale.
- Why today is a bigger day for the movie business than Oscar night @ CNBC - 1 hour 27 minutes ago
A nomination for the Academy Awards can mean more for a movie's bottom line than winning the actual award.
- Lockheed 'very close to a deal' on latest F-35 contract with Trump administration @ CNBC - 1 hour 31 minutes ago
Lockheed Martin's CEO said Tuesday the defense contractor is "very close to a deal" with the government for the tenth delivery lot of its F-35 fighter jets
- One industry is holding North America together, no matter what happens with Trump @ CNBC - 1 hour 36 minutes ago
The interconnections in the North American energy industry are huge and growing.
- A 5-second strategy for writing excellent sales emails @ CNBC - 1 hour 36 minutes ago
Bad sales emails can feel like having business card thrown in your face.
- AK Steel reverses gains after tepid outlook @ CNBC - 1 hour 44 minutes ago
Shares of AK Steel dropped nearly 3 percent after the company said it sees first quarter average selling prices "relatively flat" versus the fourth quarter.
- The 'border adjustment tax' idea just gained a very powerful supporter @ CNBC - 1 hour 48 minutes ago
Grover Norquist says he's OK with the so-called border adjustment tax being proposed by the House GOP.
- Homebuilders ETF on course for best day in 8 months after earnings, data @ CNBC - 2 hours 7 minutes ago
The ETF was on track for its best day since May 24, 2016, when it gained 3.06 percent.
- Trump health pick Price mum on if president lied about Obamacare replacement @ CNBC - 2 hours 16 minutes ago
President Trump has said a replacement plan for Obamacare will be introduced as soon as Tom Price is confirmed as secretary of Health and Human Services.
- Fukushima radiation levels far lower than previously thought, study finds @ CNBC - 2 hours 21 minutes ago
A study found that government figures may have greatly overestimated radiation exposure among people near Fukushima.
- Trump ignores question about Standing Rock Sioux after signing Dakota Access order @ CNBC - 2 hours 24 minutes ago
The Standing Rock Sioux oppose President Donald Trump's move to advance the Dakota Access pipeline and say they'll take legal action.
- 2017 could be the year stock pickers get their edge back @ CNBC - 2 hours 57 minutes ago
"I do think we might be at a very critical turning point for investors," said Ronald Temple of Lazard Asset Management.
- Disappointed Hatchimal owner files lawsuit against Spin Master CNBC - 3 hours ago
- Cards Against Humanity takes out newspaper ad begging Obama to be its next CEO @ CNBC - 3 hours ago
The company posted a detailed want ad on Craigslist and in the Chicago Tribune.
- Ex-Chrysler CEO says long-abandoned auto factories could get fixed up due to Trump @ CNBC - 3 hours ago
Automakers already do a lot of business overseas. Under Trump, they'll have to rethink where they produce their cars, ex-Chrysler CEO Bob Nardelli says.
- European markets close higher; BT shares plunge 20% @ CNBC - 3 hours ago
European markets closed higher on Tuesday as investors digested fresh economic data and earnings reports.
- Amazon is the first streaming platform to get best picture Oscar nod @ CNBC - 3 hours ago
While Netflix got the first Oscar nomination in 2014, feature films have been widely ignored by the Academy until now.
- Why the supply of homes for sale is the lowest since 1999 @ CNBC - 3 hours ago
At the current pace, it would take about three and a half months to exhaust the supply of homes. A normal market has about a six-month supply.
- Reaction: President Trump signed off on oil pipeline action and met automakers @ CNBC - 3 hours ago
Our live blog tracked reaction as America's new leader got down to business with automakers and oil.
- Trump's top health-care nominee Rep. Tom Price omitted information on ethics probe, tax payments @ CNBC - 3 hours ago
Price has faced criticism from Senate Democrats for trading in health-care stocks, including a private placement offering in an Australian biotech firm.
- What you do on Google can now determine the ads you’re served on YouTube @ CNBC - 3 hours ago
Google searches and demographic information can be used to influence what adverts are shown to people on YouTube, the video platform has announced.
- Finally, some good news for hedge funds CNBC - 3 hours ago
- Verizon shares fall after quarterly earnings come in below Street's expectations @ CNBC - 3 hours ago
Verizon also says it "continues to work with Yahoo to assess the impact of data breaches."
- BlackRock's Larry Fink warns CEOs to consider shareholders' long-term interests @ CNBC - 3 hours ago
Fink says: "We do not hesitate to exercise our right to vote against incumbent directors or misaligned executive compensation."
- Op-Ed: How Team Trump gets away with 'downright ignoring the facts' @ CNBC - 4 hours ago
Team Trump gets away with so many whoppers because they embrace this one political truth, says Professor John Barry Ryan.
- Why Donald Trump may have the recipe for a 3% economy half right @ CNBC - 4 hours ago
A detailed look at the years of more than 3 percent growth shows Trump may have the right ideas — for only parts of the economy.
- CEO: 5 signs it might be time to quit @ CNBC - 4 hours ago
It takes courage to fold.
- Top US CEOs go to President Trump for help in their fights against China @ CNBC - 4 hours ago
On his first full day in the Oval Office, President Trump granted face time to CEOs with one thing in common: problems with China.
- Six credit score myths debunked @ CNBC - 5 hours ago
Too many Americans are getting some basic facts about credit scores wrong, according to a report by Capital One.
- The S&P 500 is on course to do something it hasn’t in 52 years CNBC - 5 hours ago
- UK fraud hits record high after increase in cyber attacks @ CNBC - 5 hours ago
The value of alleged fraud cases reaching U.K. courts totaled more than $1.36 billion in 2016 according to a report from accountancy giant KPMG.
- The Verizon-Yahoo deal is still on — for now @ CNBC - 5 hours ago
Data breaches affecting up to 1.5 billion Yahoo users have forced Verizon to slow down and think through the deal.
- Soon printing a human heart on demand will no longer be sci-fi @ CNBC - 5 hours ago
Creating new body parts from one's own cells and using 3-D printing to create human organs is the goal of Cyfuse Biomedical, a Japanese start-up.
- Trump reportedly plans to keep James Comey as FBI director @ CNBC - 5 hours ago
Comey, who started in the post in 2013, told top agents that Trump asked him to remain in the job, NYT reported.
- Why Donald Trump won't be able to kill solar and wind power @ CNBC - 5 hours ago
Investors believe the fossil fuel-focused president cannot hold back solar and wind power deployment or renewable energy stocks.
- Legendary investor Jack Bogle's advice for Trump: 7 reforms investors need now @ CNBC - 5 hours ago
Jack Bogle, the founder of Vanguard, says Trump should make these seven financial reforms now to protect US investors.
- Trump friend and fellow real estate mogul says look to Reagan for Trump's tax cut potential @ CNBC - 5 hours ago
Lowering taxes to encourage economic growth is the best way to tackle budget deficits, Douglas Elliman chairman Howard Lorber tells CNBC.
- Chicago Cubs President Theo Epstein shares how he reinvented the team @ CNBC - 5 hours ago
For the baseball exec, three strategies helped change failure into success.
- Trump’s protectionism may hit emerging markets but not China @ CNBC - 5 hours ago
The protectionist rhetoric from the White House since President Donald Trump took office has rattled emerging economies.
- These are the celebrities starring in advertising at the Super Bowl 2017 @ CNBC - 6 hours ago
What does a brand do to get noticed? Hire a celebrity. At the Super Bowl 2017, viewers will be treated to ads featuring movie stars and pop icons
- US oil and gas mergers gained momentum and almost hit $200 billion last year @ CNBC - 6 hours ago
Oil and gas mergers, acquisitions and IPOs surged in the second half as crude prices stabilized and major oil producers agreed to output cuts, PwC reports.