- Apple CEO Tim Cook on Samsung customers: 'We obviously welcome all switchers' @ CNBC - 27 minutes ago
Apple CEO Tim Cook told CNBC that "it is hard to estimate" the opportunity of Samsung's Note 7 dilemma, "but we obviously welcome all switchers."
- Chipotle turnaround still slower than expected @ CNBC - 33 minutes ago
It looks like Chipotle Mexican Grill isn't headed for a turnaround any time soon as earnings disappointed again.
- Apple's cash hoard swells to $237.6 billion, a record @ CNBC - 35 minutes ago
The tech giant also reported earnings that beat Wall Street expectations on Tuesday.
- Superior Energy Services tanks 19% on wider quarterly loss than expected @ CNBC - 40 minutes ago
Superior Energy Services reported an adjusted loss of 73 cents per share in the third quarter as it failed to meet expectations in multiple segments.
- Panera shrugs off industry slump, topping estimates and raising forecast @ CNBC - 43 minutes ago
Panera Bread Tuesday topped Wall Street's expectations for the third quarter and raised its forecast for the year, sending shares 6 percent higher.
- Op-Ed: Evan McMullin explains why he'd be a better president than Trump or Clinton @ CNBC - 56 minutes ago
Independent presidential candidate Evan McMullin explains what he stands for — and why he'd be a better president than Trump or Clinton.
- How the Fed could pull a November surprise @ CNBC - 1 hour 3 minutes ago
The Fed meeting next week is widely expected to be a snoozer, but there is a way the Fed could wake up markets.
- Apple earnings beat at $1.67 per share; shares whipsaw @ CNBC - 1 hour 6 minutes ago
With 45.5 million units, the company reported more iPhone sales than expected during the quarter.
- Stocks close lower after mixed earnings results; consumer stocks fall 1% CNBC - 1 hour 11 minutes ago
U.S. stocks closed lower on Tuesday as one of the busiest days of the earnings season got under way, while oil prices slipped.
- Yelp, Pandora could be good takeover candidates, but not Netflix, analyst says @ CNBC - 1 hour 32 minutes ago
RBC Capital Markets' Mark Mahaney explains why Yelp and Pandora could be ripe for takeover, and why a Netflix deal probably won't happen.
- Crane shares soar after earnings beat @ CNBC - 1 hour 34 minutes ago
Shares of Crane climbed more than 11 percent on Tuesday after the company reported earnings that beat analysts' estimates.
- Masco shares drag homebuilders after earnings miss @ CNBC - 1 hour 36 minutes ago
Masco shares shed 9 percent on Tuesday after the company reported quarterly results that missed analyst expectations.
- Don't be afraid of artificial intelligence, says VC Ben Horowitz @ CNBC - 1 hour 37 minutes ago
Software will continue to eat the world and erase some jobs, but history suggests it will create even more, said Andreessen Horowitz VC.
- Shares of Baker Hughes jump on smaller-than-expected loss @ CNBC - 1 hour 38 minutes ago
Baker Hughes reported a loss of 15 cents per share for the third quarter, compared with expectations for a 44-cent loss.
- Sherwin-Williams shares sink after earnings miss CNBC - 1 hour 38 minutes ago
- How LendingClub CEO Sanborn is bringing back investors @ CNBC - 1 hour 39 minutes ago
LendingClub CEO Scott Sanborn is focused on growth now that investors have come back to the platform following the ouster of founder Renaud Laplanche.
- Whirlpool shares plunge after earnings miss, tracking for worst day in nearly 5 years @ CNBC - 1 hour 40 minutes ago
Whirlpool shares fell more than 10 percent in Tuesday after the appliance maker missed third-quarter earnings forecasts.
- 3 social media lessons from Donald Trump for CEOs — Two of them positive @ CNBC - 1 hour 41 minutes ago
He may go down in flames on Election Day, but Donald Trump has taught CEOs three big lessons about running an effective social media strategy.
- Nielsen Holdings shares plummet after earnings disappoint @ CNBC - 1 hour 41 minutes ago
Shares of Nielsen Holdings plummeted in intraday trade Tuesday after its quarterly earnings missed expectations.
- The day Hillary Clinton met Q-Tip @ CNBC - 1 hour 48 minutes ago
Thanks to WikiLeaks, we learn of the wrangling between the rapper Q-Tip's staff and Hillary Clinton's campaign aides to set up the meeting.
- Colin Powell says he's endorsing, voting for Hillary Clinton @ CNBC - 2 hours 8 minutes ago
The former secretary of state confirmed to NBC News' Andrea Mitchell that he will vote for Hillary Clinton.
- Mega mergers point to gains ahead in the market, if history is any indication @ CNBC - 2 hours 9 minutes ago
Following recent mega M&A activity, history shows the market could see upside ahead.
- Home Depot cut 4,800 cars worth of emissions with this green energy tech @ CNBC - 2 hours 11 minutes ago
Home Depot slashed its stores' carbon footprint by using Bloom Energy fuel cell servers and it will partner with Southern Company to cut further.
- Apple won't share same fate as the PC or Blackberry, analyst says @ CNBC - 2 hours 14 minutes ago
Ahead of Apple's earnings report, analyst Tim Lesko says he doesn't expect the technology giant to suffer the same fate as the PC or Blackberry.
- This week only, free online classes that will help you get hired @ CNBC - 2 hours 16 minutes ago
LinkedIn is offering hundreds of free courses on skills that could boost your resume.
- ‘Shark Tank’ investor Kevin O’Leary explains why good negotiations should hurt @ CNBC - 2 hours 20 minutes ago
Kevin O’Leary likes winning as much as the next investor, but in his experience, successful negotiations sting.
- US Treasurys hold mostly higher after note sale CNBC - 2 hours 28 minutes ago
- The reason two tech whizzes rejoined Reddit after selling it at age 23 @ CNBC - 2 hours 30 minutes ago
Reddit co-founder Alexis Ohanian explains why he rejoined the tech company after selling it at age 23, and his goal of getting to 1 billion users.
- Short-seller Chanos lays out his bear case for Alibaba @ CNBC - 2 hours 30 minutes ago
Short-seller Jim Chanos laid out his bearish case for Chinese e-commerce giant Alibaba, saying "this is an accounting story."
- This will shift your thinking on Apple, analyst says @ CNBC - 2 hours 31 minutes ago
Apple's burgeoning software and services business is set to seriously shift investors thinking, said Piper Jaffray analyst Gene Munster.
- 6 ways Target plans to win the holiday season @ CNBC - 2 hours 42 minutes ago
Target is hoping to tap into the same magic that helped lift its comparable sales last holiday.
- With the giants of tech set to report earnings, Alphabet is the one to buy: Technical analyst @ CNBC - 2 hours 56 minutes ago
With a big earnings week for tech stocks, one technical analyst says that Alphabet is the one to buy among them.
- Key Senate race now the most expensive ever as outside money pours in @ CNBC - 3 hours ago
Outside groups have funneled cash into key Senate races this year as the major parties fight for control.
- Apple using virtual reality to test a self-driving system: Report @ CNBC - 3 hours ago
Apple is using virtual reality to test a self-driving vehicle, Bloomberg reported on Tuesday.
- How much Apple shares usually rise a week after earnings beat @ CNBC - 3 hours ago
Apple's earnings rarely miss estimates and the company's shares usually rise in the week following, according to historical analysis using Kensho.
- Aging equipment, global threats boon for Lockheed Martin's outlook @ CNBC - 3 hours ago
Lockheed Martin is seeing an upbeat outlook abroad for its defense systems amid rising global threats and the need for allies to replace aging equipment.
- NBA deputy commissioner on avoiding a ratings plunge @ CNBC - 3 hours ago
The NBA is planning to kick off the season with high ratings by paying attention to how viewers are consuming content.
- Dem donor Jim Chanos says he will write in his own candidate, not vote for Clinton @ CNBC - 4 hours ago
The Kynikos Associates founder has donated to several Democratic Senate candidates this election cycle, but not to Hillary Clinton.
- This chart shows Halloween is the real election year winner @ CNBC - 5 hours ago
Americans are slated to spend about $8.4 billion on Halloween this year, thanks to the 2016 election cycle.
- UK government gives green light to third runway at Heathrow CNBC - 5 hours ago
- Sprint CEO: AT&T's Time Warner purchase a 'positive move' but is eyeing regulation CNBC - 5 hours ago
- Billionaire Ken Langone: Why I still plan to vote for Trump, despite lewd talk on video CNBC - 5 hours ago
- Build your own computer with this new kit, backed by co-founder of Apple @ CNBC - 5 hours ago
Tech start-up Kano's new hands-on product is meant for children, but it's getting attention from more than just kids.
- A 26-year-old planning to retire at 37 explains how much money he must save CNBC - 5 hours ago
- 'Suge' Knight claims Dr. Dre hired hitman to avoid $300 million payment in Beats-Apple deal CNBC - 5 hours ago
- European markets lose ground; pound tumbles ahead of Carney speech CNBC - 5 hours ago
European stocks lost ground at the close on Tuesday afternoon with the pound tumbling ahead of Carney's speech.
- Jack Dorsey defends decision to be CEO of both Twitter and Square CNBC - 5 hours ago
- Why Facebook and Google are not in CNBC's new stock index @ CNBC - 5 hours ago
CNBCiQ 100 chooses companies that are consistently innovative. Those who didn't make the list don't derive substantial revenue from IP.
- Cramer: Here's why it's a remarkable quarter for Procter & Gamble and DuPont CNBC - 5 hours ago
- Regulators, not Trump, get the final word on AT&T-Time Warner deal: Ex-FCC chairman CNBC - 6 hours ago