- No 'Nerd Prom' for Trump as president says he'll skip White House Correspondent's dinner @ CNBC - 10 hours ago
Amid a growing controversy over his relationship with the press, the newly elected president will bail on one of Washington's premier events.
- Oscar nominees often please audiences more than critics, data show @ CNBC - 10 hours ago
Movies with higher audience scores tend to beat out critical favorites at the Oscars, according to one indicator.
- The American Greed Report: Don’t get stuck with stolen goods: These are the most trafficked items @ CNBC - 11 hours ago
These are busy times in the shoplifting industry. What used to be thought of as petty theft is now a $30 billion a year business that retailers and law enforcement call "organized retail crime."...
- UPS tests drone deliveries via high-tech truck @ CNBC - 11 hours ago
UPS tested out home delivery via drone this week in Florida, moving closer toward a more automated delivery process.
- Fox set to 'crank up the volume' with 'Logan', testing the waters for R-rated superhero films @ CNBC - 12 hours ago
Twentieth Century Fox scored massive hit with the R-rated "Deadpool." "Logan" may determine whether the studio makes more adult-oriented X-Men films.
- Hollywood hung out to dry as China reins in capital outflows: Report @ CNBC - 13 hours ago
A deal between Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios and a group of Chinese companies imploded late last year. Other acquisitions may be in peril, The WSJ reports.
- BlackBerry refuses to say die, launches new $549 device with a physical keyboard and Android OS @ CNBC - 13 hours ago
A new BlackBerry device that runs Google's Android mobile operating system and has a physical keyboard was launched on Saturday.
- A fitness expert explains why dieting is certainly not 'one size fits all' @ CNBC - 14 hours ago
"Biggest Loser" trainer and author Jen Widerstrom said it's important to create a diet and fitness plan based on your personality, she explains to CNBC.
- Buffett slams Wall Street 'monkeys', says hedge funds and advisors have cost clients $100 billion @ CNBC - 15 hours ago
"When trillions of dollars are managed by Wall Streeters charging high fees, it will usually be the managers who reap outsized profits," Buffett says.
- Inside a collector's market that doubles as a culture, where a $200 'asset' resells for thousands @ CNBC - 16 hours ago
Sneaker collecting is a unique economy filled with product-flippers, scam artists and entrepreneurs who seek to cash in on a market with massive demand.
- Prince didn't like streaming, but it could be a big boost to his estate anyway @ CNBC - 16 hours ago
The Purple Rocker was notoriously protective of his music when it came to streaming. Despite that, he may yet benefit from a Michael Jackson effect.
- Warren Buffett says he would rather 'prep for a colonoscopy' than make this mistake again @ CNBC - 17 hours ago
The investing legend discusses some of his biggest mistakes and what he learned from them in his annual letter to shareholders.
- A single mom used her tax refund to pay her rent—for the entire year @ CNBC - 17 hours ago
The story of Christina Knaack and her $5,600 check has gone viral.
- A company is trying to show that protein isn't just in a shake, or a steak @ CNBC - 18 hours ago
Ingredion CEO Ilene Gordon says vegetable utilization is where major food players will soon be looking for growth.
- Warren Buffett sees 'substantial' investment gains as Berkshire's profit pops 15% @ CNBC - 19 hours ago
The Oracle of Omaha offered up his latest advice on the U.S. economy and investing in Berkshire's annual report.
- Kudlow: Trump's common-sense growth policy has worked before, and will again @ CNBC - 21 hours ago
Get rid of the state-sponsored barriers to growth and watch how common-sense incentive-minded policies turn rosy scenario into economic reality.
- Al Gore has sold more than $37 million worth of Apple stock in February @ CNBC - Fri, Feb 24, 2017 7:45 PM EST
Former U.S. vice president and Apple (AAPL) board member Al Gore sold about half his holdings in Apple stock on Wednesday, garnering more than $29 million. According to an SEC filing, Gore sold 215,437 shares on Wednesday, leaving him with 230,137 shares remaining. Apple shares hit an all-time high of $134.54 earlier …
- Cramer's lightning round: A new dominant player creeping up in cybersecurity @ CNBC - Fri, Feb 24, 2017 7:22 PM EST
Jim Cramer rattles off his take on caller favorite stocks, including this technology player making him nervous in the cybersecurity space.
- Cramer Remix: The stock that lives and dies with the border tax @ CNBC - Fri, Feb 24, 2017 7:16 PM EST
Jim Cramer broke down moves in Constellation Brands and its link to Washington D.C.
- California governor plans to spend nearly $450 million on flood control but says more needed @ CNBC - Fri, Feb 24, 2017 7:11 PM EST
California's governor is looking to "bolster" the state's dam safety and flood protection efforts, including spending nearly $450 million.
- Cramer exposes the ugly truth about how top callers damage your wealth @ CNBC - Fri, Feb 24, 2017 6:59 PM EST
Jim Cramer says hedge fund managers that call a top to the stock market are never sorry and never own up to calling it early.
- Traders find opportunity in retail stocks after border adjustment tax confusion @ CNBC - Fri, Feb 24, 2017 6:47 PM EST
The "Fast Money" traders said the confusion over White House support for a border adjustment tax creates a profitable environment for some stocks.
- There's a big week ahead, and what President Trump tells Congress could be a big deal @ CNBC - Fri, Feb 24, 2017 6:47 PM EST
Investors are hopeful that Trump will wrap some details around tax reform and other programs when he speaks to Congress in the week ahead.
- Cramer: Beware of these vitamin stocks in ‘existential crisis’ @ CNBC - Fri, Feb 24, 2017 6:37 PM EST
Jim Cramer puts GNC and Vitamin Shoppe to the test to find out why the stocks have been such a train wreck.
- Trump has ‘no clue what currency manipulation means,’ expert says @ CNBC - Fri, Feb 24, 2017 6:23 PM EST
President Donald Trump may think the Chinese are the “grand champions” of currency manipulation, but he’s absolutely wrong, John Rutledge says.
- Cramer's game plan: Key signals to watch from Warren Buffett @ CNBC - Fri, Feb 24, 2017 6:15 PM EST
Jim Cramer explains what to listen for from the Oracle of Omaha next week, and key earnings on his radar.
- This liquid shell for the iPhone makes it practically indestructible CNBC - Fri, Feb 24, 2017 6:05 PM EST
Liquid nano glass from ProtectPax won't let your smartphone break.
- This man quit his 6-figure-salary job to become a speed painter @ CNBC - Fri, Feb 24, 2017 5:57 PM EST
Tim Decker whips up masterpieces in minutes and travels the globe performing his high-energy show over 120 times per year.
- #AskWarren: Buffett to answer your questions in CNBC interview @ CNBC - Fri, Feb 24, 2017 5:51 PM EST
Warren Buffett joins CNBC's "Squawk Box" on Monday, February 27, to answer your questions.
- With market's 'excessive optimism,' investors should look at the 'anti-Trump trade': Expert @ CNBC - Fri, Feb 24, 2017 5:32 PM EST
The stock market is suffering from overconfidence, but there are still opportunities if investors know where to look, Larry Glazer says.
- These oversold energy stocks could be ready to rebound @ CNBC - Fri, Feb 24, 2017 5:23 PM EST
Using hedge fund analytics tool Kensho, CNBC looked for the most statistically oversold stocks in the energy sector.
- This ‘conundrum’ may be signaling a slide in oil prices @ CNBC - Fri, Feb 24, 2017 5:19 PM EST
The stock market may be signaling something is awry in the oil market.
- US Treasurys rise as Trump trade pauses CNBC - Fri, Feb 24, 2017 5:08 PM EST
- Live Nation shares dip following its fourth-quarter financial report @ CNBC - Fri, Feb 24, 2017 5:04 PM EST
Shares of Live Nation fell 4 percent on Friday following the live entertainment company's fourth-quarter financial report released Thursday.
- Foot Locker stock jumps after earnings, same store sales beat CNBC - Fri, Feb 24, 2017 4:45 PM EST
- Market rotation doesn't mean 'impending doom' for economy, strategist says @ CNBC - Fri, Feb 24, 2017 4:45 PM EST
Investors may have moved into more defensive names this week, but isn't necessarily a warning signal on the economy, Liz Ann Sonders says.
- Heavily-shorted Restoration Hardware shares soar on preliminary earnings beat @ CNBC - Fri, Feb 24, 2017 4:42 PM EST
Shares of Restoration Hardware soared Friday after the company's preliminary fourth-quarter results beat expectations.
- Pharma company Incyte is moving to the S&P 500, and the stock is rallying @ CNBC - Fri, Feb 24, 2017 4:37 PM EST
Shares of Incyte rose more than 6 percent in Friday trade on news that the pharmaceutical company will join the S&P 500.
- Read this now: Pence's weekend meeting | NRA exec speaks | Buffett's beach house @ CNBC - Fri, Feb 24, 2017 4:34 PM EST
Here are some of the key stories CNBC is following this hour.
- Uber on Alphabet lawsuit: 'A baseless attempt to slow down a competitor' @ CNBC - Fri, Feb 24, 2017 4:30 PM EST
"We will continue our hard work to bring self-driving benefits to the world," Uber said.
- Dow posts longest win streak since 1992; Street prepares for Trump's speech to Congress CNBC - Fri, Feb 24, 2017 4:21 PM EST
- How machine learning threatens 'creative' employment @ CNBC - Fri, Feb 24, 2017 4:03 PM EST
Advertising agencies are using AI to create better ads, and one day machines may understand people better than they do themselves.
- Read this now: Palestinian protests | South Africa clashes with police | Tom Brady tumbles @ CNBC - Fri, Feb 24, 2017 4:02 PM EST
Here are some of the key stories CNBC is following this hour.
- Op-ed: Steve Bannon's 'state-smashing' change is real and dangerous @ CNBC - Fri, Feb 24, 2017 3:46 PM EST
Steve Bannon has long wanted to smash the state. Now we know exactly what he means, says Jake Novak.
- Op-Ed: Here's the one word great CEOs never use @ CNBC - Fri, Feb 24, 2017 3:32 PM EST
Gokul Rajaram has worked for Google, Facebook and Square. And here's the word he noticed that great CEOs never use.
- No president has ever waited this long to get a Cabinet approved @ CNBC - Fri, Feb 24, 2017 3:22 PM EST
More than a month in, nearly half of Trump's Cabinet nominees have yet to be confirmed by the Senate, the longest run for any modern president.
- 'Shark Tank' hits $100 million in deals and 10,000 jobs created @ CNBC - Fri, Feb 24, 2017 3:20 PM EST
More than 600 entrepreneurs have pitched ideas over 8 seasons on the hit reality show.
- Latest shuffle in Beijing puts more economic power into hands of Xi Jinping @ CNBC - Fri, Feb 24, 2017 3:18 PM EST
The leadership shuffle in China is beginning, ahead of a potential Xi Jinping power grab at this fall's key Communist Party congress.
- Marijuana entrepreneurs try to stay calm after Spicer comments on weed @ CNBC - Fri, Feb 24, 2017 3:09 PM EST
The White House spokesman's comments were viewed as a signal that the administration may target the recreational market.
- Trump picks conservative think tanker to chair Council of Economic Advisers @ CNBC - Fri, Feb 24, 2017 2:45 PM EST
President Trump has tapped Kevin Hassett of American Enterprise Institute to be chairman of the Council of Economic Advisers, CNBC has confirmed.