- Spotify walks away from acquisition of SoundCloud: Report @ CNBC - 14 minutes ago
Spotify has abandoned its bid to takeover SoundCloud as it was seen as negatively impacting its upcoming initial public offering, TechCrunch reports.
- This fintech founder wants to make sending money as easy as making toast @ CNBC - 27 minutes ago
Singapore-based fintech start-up Toast plans to create a mobile-based digital bank for the under-banked. Here's how.
- Lazada's Max Bittner says Alibaba backing means less trial and error @ CNBC - 31 minutes ago
Singapore-based Lazada can avoid some trial and error thanks to $1 billion in backing from Alibaba, CEO Maximilian Bittner tells CNBC's Managing Asia.
- Senior Uber exec: Chinese government treated us fairly @ CNBC - 56 minutes ago
One of Uber's top executives laid to rest rumors that the U.S.-based ride hailing app was squeezed out of China because of unfair regulations.
- European markets seen mixed as investors digest ECB’s tapering @ CNBC - 57 minutes ago
Markets in Europe are seen mixed on Friday after the ECB announced an extension of its massive bond-buying program -- albeit at a lower monthly purchases.
- Free tickets, green energy and clean water: How Hyperloop can disrupt India @ CNBC - 59 minutes ago
Hyperloop chairman and chief operating officer explains what the Elon Musk-backed company has to offer India.
- Live: South Korean parliament votes to impeach President Park @ CNBC - 1 hour 33 minutes ago
Our live blog is following market reaction after Mario Draghi insists the latest ECB move is not tapering.
- Trump took the White House on the cheap, spending less than Clinton to the end @ CNBC - 2 hours 55 minutes ago
Donald Trump spent $94.5 million from Oct. 28 to Nov. 28, while Hillary Clinton spent $131.8 million in the same period
- Macau’s central bank to clarify policy after casino shares tumble @ CNBC - 2 hours 57 minutes ago
The Monetary Authority of Macau said on Friday it would clarify its policy after a report it would limit certain ATM withdrawals sent casino shares tumbling.
- Ice Bucket Challenge creator: ‘Profitable’ shouldn’t be a dirty word to philanthropists @ CNBC - 3 hours ago
Companies must embrace being socially responsible to compete in today's market, said Jon Duschinsky, a creator of the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge.
- Meet the team making history in Southeast Asia's space race @ CNBC - 4 hours ago
In Kuala Lumpur, a small team of Malaysian engineers is racing to make history in Southeast Asian space exploration.
- Asia markets mixed as HK gaming shares tumble amid reports of ATM withdrawal limits in Macau @ CNBC - 4 hours ago
Asian markets were mixed on Friday, despite the post-election rally in U.S. stocks, as South Korean shares fell amid political turmoil.
- Bill Rancic: Trump will give all Americans 'The Apprentice' treatment CNBC - 5 hours ago
- Not so fast: Amazon says it has absolutely no plans to open 2,000 stores CNBC - 5 hours ago
- Business giants piled cash into GOP Senate super PAC in election's final days @ CNBC - 5 hours ago
Sheldon Adelson, Paul Singer and Steve Schwarzman all gave multimillion dollar donations to the PAC.
- Cramer Remix: Trump just changed the world forever @ CNBC - 6 hours ago
Jim Cramer highlights the economy’s historic movement since the election.
- Cramer's lightning round: The explosion of listings expected in 2017 @ CNBC - 6 hours ago
Jim Cramer highlights one stock in his lightning round that is set to fly higher next year.
- Jim Cramer congratulates analysts for blowing it on Lululemon — here's what they missed @ CNBC - 7 hours ago
Jim Cramer brings to light what analysts and short-sellers don’t get about Lululemon.
- Citron's Left says Trump should go after 'low-hanging fruit' like Express Scripts @ CNBC - 7 hours ago
Earlier Thursday, Left's Citron Research called Express Scripts the "Philidor of the pharma industry."
- MGM CEO says Macau ATM withdrawal limits will 'reduce some gaming revenue,' but he's still optimisti … @ CNBC - 8 hours ago
Jim Cramer spoke with MGM CEO Jim Murren who said he is still optimistic for Macau, though ATM limits will impact some revenue.
- Donald Trump revealed his plan for squeezing OPEC in 2008 @ CNBC - 8 hours ago
Donald Trump outlined his plan for how he would handle the "illegal monopoly" known as OPEC to Jim Cramer.
- After-hours buzz: INSY, LGF, TIME & more @ CNBC - 8 hours ago
These are stocks posting moves after the bell on Thursday, including: Insys Therapeutics, Lionsgate Entertainment, Time, Inc. and more.
- Market should grind higher until late January, early February, veteran strategist says @ CNBC - 8 hours ago
While some may be concerned the market is moving too high too fast, veteran strategist Jeff Saut told CNBC Thursday he would still buy any dips.
- Someone quickly made almost $3 million off of a short sellers’ tweet @ CNBC - 8 hours ago
Citron Research's Thursday afternoon tweet sent shares of Express Scripts tanking, and someone appeared ideally positioned for the move.
- Wall Street bulls sniff out Dow 20,000 CNBC - 8 hours ago
- Scott Pruitt is great pick to lead EPA, says Pruitt-ally Harold Hamm @ CNBC - 8 hours ago
Fracking pioneer Harold Hamm praised Donald Trump for picking Hamm's longtime ally Scott Pruitt to lead the EPA.
- Time shares spike 8 percent after receiving a bid from a group of investors @ CNBC - 9 hours ago
Shares of Time spiked 8 percent Thursday after receiving a takeover bid from a group of media investors.
- Report: Transportation Department proposes allowing in-flight phone calls @ CNBC - 9 hours ago
Airlines would be required to provide notice to travelers that their flights may be disturbed by passengers making phone calls.
- Express Scripts sinks on Citron Research tweets @ CNBC - 9 hours ago
Citron Research tweeted that Express Scripts is the "Philidor of the pharma industry," referring to Philidor Rx Services' alleged misconduct.
- Comtech shares plummet 17% after revenue miss CNBC - 9 hours ago
- Homeland Security tied to attempted hack of Georgia's election database: Report @ CNBC - 9 hours ago
The attempted hack into Georgia's voter registration database was tied to an IP address associated with Homeland Security, The Wall Street Journal reports.
- Market a little ahead of itself now, but 'real tail winds' in 2017, expert says @ CNBC - 9 hours ago
Positive earnings and consumer confidence have Brad McMillan bullish on stocks for 2017, so he's not concerned about any short-term pullbacks.
- Macau casino stocks drop after city enforces ATM withdrawal limits @ CNBC - 10 hours ago
Macau casino stocks dropped more than 10 percent during Thursday afternoon trade after ATM withdrawal limits were announced in the region.
- Astronaut and US Senator John Glenn has died at 95 CNBC - 10 hours ago
- Experts name their best stock picks for 2017 CNBC - 10 hours ago
- US stocks close at fresh records as Trump rally continues; financials lead CNBC - 10 hours ago
- Get ready for Republican rush of regulation rollback @ CNBC - 10 hours ago
Brace yourselves. The U.S. may be soon experience a severe case of regulatory whiplash.
- How to Marie Kondo your career, according to the organizational expert herself @ CNBC - 10 hours ago
The tidiness guru and best-selling author explains how to find joy in your job.
- Bethune: Trump is a businessman, whether you like his personality or not @ CNBC - 10 hours ago
Despite different opinions on Trump's personality, his business experience cannot be ignored, according to former Continental Airlines CEO Gordon Bethune.
- Trump war on 'job-destroying' regulations could kill a lot of high-paying jobs @ CNBC - 10 hours ago
The Trump administration wants to save jobs by dismantling Barack Obama's climate change agenda, but will forfeit others in the process.
- Op-Ed: Progressives have a secret weapon in the fight against Trump @ CNBC - 10 hours ago
Trump's policies will hurt the very people who voted for him. Here's how progressives can use that to make gains, says Prof. Paul Osterman.
- Aerojet Rocketdyne shares drop 10% after offering $200 million in convertible notes @ CNBC - 10 hours ago
Shares of Aerojet Rocketdyne Holdings dropped 12 percent after the company announced $200 million private offering of convertible senior notes.
- The 'Trump honeymoon' on Wall Street could last longer than you think @ CNBC - 11 hours ago
Donald Trump's improbable election brought with it an equally unlikely stock market rally with the Dow Jones industrial average up more than 7 percent.
- Carl Icahn says he made a mistake on playing the post-election dip CNBC - 11 hours ago
- Many Medicare drugs soared in price over past five years, new data reveals @ CNBC - 11 hours ago
Double-digit percentage increases of drugs have been common since 2011, and quadruple-digit prices have been seen for many cheaper medications.
- Santoli: Another 'sneaky' rally emerges, but some reasons for worry @ CNBC - 11 hours ago
Here's what CNBC's Michael Santoli is watching into the closing bell.
- A fish that adapts quickly to lethal levels of pollution @ CNBC - 11 hours ago
A fish that has adapted to lethal pollution levels may give clues about which genes provide resilience to pollution.
- Carl Icahn slams EPA, says Trump's pick Pruitt will 'do the job' @ CNBC - 11 hours ago
Icahn has been a sharp critic of the EPA in the past. He said the agency is one of the worst-run organizations he's ever seen.
- US Treasurys hold lower after ECB keeps rates unchanged CNBC - 11 hours ago
- Samsung plans all-over screen, no home button on Galaxy S8: Report @ CNBC - 11 hours ago
Samsung faces increased pressure to revive its smartphone brand after the high-profile recall of the Galaxy Note 7.