- 4 key ways to avoid a franchise disaster @ CNBC - 58 minutes ago
Even big franchise chains can get into trouble and file for bankruptcy. Here's how to size up an investment that could cost you a million in losses.
- Spending playlist? How music may lift retail sales @ CNBC - 1 hour 42 minutes ago
The music inside stores can have an impact on how long we stay in a store and how much we buy. "The Sonic Boom" author Joel Beckerman explains.
- 10 famed US franchises that faced financial ruin @ CNBC - 2 hours 58 minutes ago
Franchises have been a lucrative investment for entrepreneurs, but also have a high default rate. Here are 10 franchises that faced financial ruin.
- Nigerian rebels deny plans to release schoolgirls: report @ CNBC - 3 hours ago
A Nigerian rebel leader said the 219 schoolgirls kidnapped earlier this year have been married off and would not be released, AFP reported.
- Kudlow: What's next after the GOP wins big @ CNBC - 14 hours ago
Here's what should happen after the GOP wins big on Tuesday, says Larry Kudlow.
- Cramer Remix: The secret to getting rich CNBC - 14 hours ago
- Market focus turns to global economy's health CNBC - 15 hours ago
- Cramer basics: How to value your portfolio @ CNBC - 15 hours ago
Professor Cramer heads back to the classroom to talk about stock valuations. What the heck is a PEG ratio, and how do you calculate it? find out here
- Stock picks: 14 trades in 73 seconds @ CNBC - 15 hours ago
The "Fast Money" traders share their final trades of the day.
- Cramer basics: How to start investing your savings @ CNBC - 15 hours ago
Professor Cramer heads back to the classroom to review the basics of investing. You have saved your money, now what? Cramer shows you where to start.
- Apple stock headed to $120 per share: Pro @ CNBC - 15 hours ago
After hitting a new all-time high, Apple stock should continue its climb higher, OptionMonster's Pete Najarian says.
- Trader likens Japan stimulus to Bear Stearns event @ CNBC - 15 hours ago
The Bank of Japan announces additional monetary stimulus, but Brian Kelly has serious misgivings.
- Cramer basics: How to save, save, save @ CNBC - 15 hours ago
Professor Cramer heads back to the classroom to review the basics of investing, starting with saving! Because you can't invest without savings.
- 3-D printing CEO: We'll be ready for HP @ CNBC - 15 hours ago
Stratasys CEO David Reis weighs in on the impact of HP on the 3-D printing space.
- Tim Cook coming out is a big deal: Barney Frank @ CNBC - 16 hours ago
Tim Cook just got us closer to the day when coming out as gay isn't a big deal, says former Rep. Barney Frank.
- Prepared for Nov.? Here's what pros are buying @ CNBC - 16 hours ago
Although pros expect November to be volatile, they're also looking for the rally to advance further. But not all sectors are buys. Get the details.
- Investigation begins into fatal Virgin Galactic crash @ CNBC - 16 hours ago
- Pro to markets: The worst is yet to come CNBC - 16 hours ago
- Russia charges man who caused Total CEO death @ CNBC - 16 hours ago
The snowplow driver that caused the crash that killed the Total oil boss has been charged, the Daily Mail reports.
- The big business behind running marathons CNBC - 17 hours ago
- "The Filthy Rich Guide" Episode Switch on CNBC @ CNBC - 17 hours ago
"The Filthy Rich Guide" Episode Switch on CNBC
- October not so scary; Dow, S&P close at record highs CNBC - 17 hours ago
- A tale of two Obamacare price changes CNBC - 18 hours ago
- Viewer feedback: The citizenship debate @ CNBC - 18 hours ago
What's become apparent in the debate is that while some may want to give up American citizenship, they resent the notion that they are giving up American values.
- $2.80 gas by Thanksgiving, pro predicts CNBC - 18 hours ago
- Kohl's joins Macy's, to open at 6 pm on Thanksgiving @ CNBC - 18 hours ago
Kohl's and Macy's will open the doors to their department stores at 6 p.m. on Thanksgiving Day.
- Watch Art Cashin: Stocks get a Halloween treat @ CNBC - 18 hours ago
Art Cashin of UBS says stocks are surging after Japan delivers a double whammy of good news: More stimulus and increased stock buying.
- Charles Barkley: I 'would love' to run an NBA team @ CNBC - 19 hours ago
Turner Sports basketball analyst Charles Barkley is ready to put his money where his mouth is-and become the equivalent of a CEO for an NBA team.
- Wait till you see what Alan Greenspan's been saying @ CNBC - 19 hours ago
The former Fed chairman said the central bank is sitting on "a pile of tinder," and made several other colorful observations.
- Become a part of 'The Walking Dead' at this mansion @ CNBC - 19 hours ago
Home decorating is expected to nab about $2 billion in spending this Halloween, and we're not talking scarecrows and a few pumpkins on the porch.
- Cashin: Don't buy without understanding 'this' @ CNBC - 19 hours ago
As exciting as the rally may be, Art Cashin of UBS says before individual investors hit the buy button, there's something they should know.
- Pros cheer Bank of Japan's move CNBC - 19 hours ago
- Contrarian fund manager's top 3 stock picks CNBC - 19 hours ago
- Pro: Attention investors, reallocate immediately CNBC - 19 hours ago
- Citigroup 'like free candy at these prices': Pro CNBC - 19 hours ago
- YouTube & Guillermo del Toro's horror competition @ CNBC - 20 hours ago
YouTube has partnered with filmmaker Guillermo del Toro and Legendary Entertainment for a Halloween competition.
- Why Wall Street has not priced in midterm elections @ CNBC - 20 hours ago
The midterm elections, which Wall Street has largely ignored, could pack some surprises for markets Tuesday.
- Lowe's swarmed by bee activist protests on pesticides @ CNBC - 20 hours ago
Lowe's home improvement stores have been targeted this week with protests to stop selling pesticides that some consider harmful to bees.
- Midday movers: AbbVie, Barrick Gold, Clorox & more @ CNBC - 20 hours ago
Take a look at some of Thursday's midday movers:
- Welcome to the neverending campaign @ CNBC - 21 hours ago
Here's how big money has completely changed the election cycle, says Republican strategist Sara Fagen.
- Europe markets close sharply higher; banks lead @ CNBC - 21 hours ago
Europe shares ended the day higher after the Bank of England outlined tougher leverage rules for banks and the Bank of Japan upped stimulus measures.
- Chevron profit jumps 13 percent @ CNBC - 21 hours ago
Chevron reported its profit rose as lower oil prices boosted its refinery operations, helping to offset sagging results in its oil and gas production.
- Marijuana to wages: What's at stake this election @ CNBC - 21 hours ago
With the midterm elections Tuesday, businesses in select states have much at stake with ballot outcomes that could impact marijuana use, minimum wages and Medicaid.
- The Middle Eastern nation whose economy is zooming @ CNBC - 21 hours ago
A year after political turmoil crushed Egypt, a new picture is emerging as investment is flowing into the country again and GDP may be back on track.
- From hot wings to hot buns: A sinful success story @ CNBC - 21 hours ago
Kat Cole knows how to translate America's guilty pleasures into profits. The Cinabbon CEO, once a Hooters' server, dishes on her success recipe.
- Equity inflows spike as investors pile in post-dip @ CNBC - 22 hours ago
Flows into equities surged past a year-high in the week to Wednesday, as markets bounced back and investors piled into stocks.
- Starbucks' CEO vows to disrupt coffee industry @ CNBC - 22 hours ago
Starbucks CEO Howard Schultz defended the company's third-quarter results and shared his high hopes for the future.
- Markets are still addicted to money printing CNBC - 22 hours ago
- NYC worker suspended for doing the robot @ CNBC - 22 hours ago
If you repeatedly answer the phone in a fake robot voice, can you get suspended from your job? Affirmative.
- Why some Americans abroad renounce citizenship CNBC - 22 hours ago